Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach (621 Views)

Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach / Diego Maradona Sacked As Al Wasl Manager / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Argentina's Coach Bears No Grudges For 4 - 1 Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by oisehumen(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2010
Diego Maradona will be offered a new four-year contract to stay on as Argentina coach, the Argentinian Football Association has announced.

AFA president Julio Grondona will meet with Maradona next week to offer him the chance to guide his nation to the Brazil 2014 World Cup after the AFA executive committee determined he remains the right man to command the national team after a respectable showing at the World Cup in South Africa.

Maradona had little coaching experience before taking Argentina on a roller-coaster ride to World Cup qualification. Few gave him any chance of turning his undoubtedly high-quality squad into World Cup contenders but they impressed on their way to the quarter-finals before being humbled 4-0 by Germany.

Grondona intends to meet with Maradona no later than next Wednesday to discuss the contract extension. Maradona said after his side's exit that he would consult his family and the Argentina players before deciding whether he intended to stay on.
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by oisehumen(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2010
Hmmmmm
Does he have what it takes to turn a team around and get good results?

He had the best players in the world at his disposal at South Africa 2010 yet he got disgraced by a young and inexperienced German side.
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by 9jafreak: 9:27am On Jul 15, 2010
His players love him

But he is not good enough.

Hopefully, he'll learn his mistakes and keep his mouth quiet this time!

Gotta feel sorry for Messi's international career though
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by chelseabmw(m): 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2010
i pity argentina
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by dominique(f): 10:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
they're so obsessed with him.
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by chidichris(m): 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2010
he is just a legend and not a coach but it is obvious argentina cannot differentiate between the two.
on the other hand, maradonna is more of a terrorist so if they take the job away from him, he will start disturbing the country again so they just want to compensate him with that position.
amodu is a bad coach but if he handles argentina team, he will do far more better than maradonna.
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by Travelista(f): 2:08am On Jul 19, 2010
Argentinians have a pride I've never encountered elsewhere; where people with their heads on straight would be weary of having an egotistical crackhead as a coach, Argentina takes pride his infamy. I'm sure boxy suits, mullets, two watches and a rosary will help Maradona succeed with a team full of incomparable talent next time. . .even though he choked this past WC.
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by mamagee3(f): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2010
I'm so glad Argentina wants him back, I can't wait to see his face in brazil very disappointed.

Plus, no one should call messi on this thread please, I heard a lot about him in the world cup and my ears are still burning.
Re: Diego Maradona Offered Four-year Extension As Argentina Coach by oisehumen(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2010
chidichris:

he is just a legend and not a coach but it is obvious argentina cannot differentiate between the two.
on the other hand, maradonna is more of a terrorist so if they take the job away from him, he will start disturbing the country again so they just want to compensate him with that position.
amodu is a bad coach but if he handles argentina team, he will do far more better than maradonna.

U cannot compare Amodu with Maradona now, haba!
Amodu is thousands of miles better cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I’ve Proved Locomotiv Fans Wrong – Osaze ! / 2000 Nigerian Players Stranded In Europe – Makinwa ! / Messi Hits Five As Barcelona Maim Leverkusen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.