Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

NBA News: Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Makes Big Statement On Jimmy Butler Trade - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA News: Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Makes Big Statement On Jimmy Butler Trade (238 Views)

Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star / Juventus Issue Statement On Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations / Chelsea Crisis: Billonaire Owner Makes Important Decisions Over Conte's Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NBA News: Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Makes Big Statement On Jimmy Butler Trade by dabblesports(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Jimmy Butler has had an agreement with the Minnesota Timberwolves over his trade request, according to owner Glen Taylor.
Butler has requested a trade this summer though looks set to play again for the Timberwolves at the start of the new NBA season.

The Timberwolves square up against San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night (Thursday morning UK time) and Butler looks set to play.
Philadelphia 76ers and Boston Celtics started the season’s campaign last night and NBA champions Golden State Warriors started their title defence with a win over the Thunder.

"The latest is he is going to be going to practice every day, which he has been, and plans to play in games," Taylor told the Star Tribune, which he owns.

"He will be a regular team player. What I said to him in the meantime is our GM, Scott Layden, will be talking to other teams to see if there is a trade that works."

Taylor was asked if Butler will play with maximum effort, and he spoke thus,: "Butler said that is the only way he knows how to do it.”
Butler would enter free agency next summer but is desperate to move on sooner.

And Taylor reveals that they’ve agreed to let him leave should a suitable trade package be offered up.
"That is not part of the plan, but as you know, things can change," Taylor said. "But that is not what we have agreed to."

Similarly, NBA pundit Jeff Van Gundy claims a move to the Miami Heat fell through over the contract length on offer.
“I’m not at all convinced that every team, like Miami, I’m not convinced that they would [give him a five-year deal],” Van Gundy told MVP247.

“I’m not convinced, like people would say, well, Houston did it for Chris Paul, but I think Houston, two things, Houston is and was closer to a Championship than Miami and secondarily I think Chris Paul is going to go down as one of the all-time greats.

“So I’m not convinced that every team that will trade or the team that ultimately trades for Jimmy Butler will feel necessary to give him five years.

“I really do think there will be negotiations. I think the only team that’s committed to paying him five years right now would be the team that has him.”
It is very likely that Jimmy Butler will stay put at Minnesota Timberwolves and see out his contract, unless an offer shows up.

visit: https://www.sportsfora.com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Siliskinz® Rubber Bump Strip Kit At Smartboardsuk.com / Buy Hoverboard Parts & Gyro UK – Smartboardsuk.com / NNL Insists On 8 Clubs Getting Promoted To The NPFL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.