Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star (27248 Views)

Aguero's Father Blasts Pep Guardiola For Treatment Of Man City Legend / George Floyd: Sport Stars Pay Tribute, Condemn Treatment Of Blacks / Harry Maguire: Man Utd Agree £80m Deal For Leicester Defender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by AImiron: 11:04am On Sep 14, 2023
Harry Maguire's mother Zoe has issued a statement in response to the negativity which has followed the England and Man Utd centre-back around.

Centre-back Maguire has been struggling for game time at club level but featured in both England matches in the recent international break. In the 3-1 win in Scotland, though, he was subject to abuse from certain individuals, both before and after scoring an unfortunate own goal.

30-year-old's defence during the week, hitting out at the behaviour of some of Maguire's critics. Three Lions goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale also launched an impassioned defence, and now Maguire's mother has added her voice to theirs.

As a mum seeing the level of negative and abusive comments in which my son is receiving from some fans, pundits and the media is disgraceful and totally unacceptable to any walk of life never mind someone who works his socks off for club and country," the statement - posted on Instagram - begins. "I was there in the stand as usual, it's not acceptable what's been created, over nothing.

" I understand that in the football world there are ups and downs, positives and negatives but what Harry receives has gone far beyond 'football'. For me seeing him go through what he's going through is not ok.

I would hate to have to see any other parents or players go through this in the future, especially the young boys and girls breaking through the ranks today. Harry has a massive heart and it's a good job he's mentally strong and can handle it as others might not be able too, I wish this sort of abuse on nobody!"

SOURCE

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by TemplarLandry: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2023
cool
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 14, 2023
Maguire is a disaster waiting to happen

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:20am On Sep 14, 2023
Onana barking at Maguire

18 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Yankiss(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Harry Maguire is mama's boy. Why can't he express himself like a grown up? This sounds funny, like mum is his spokesperson. Haba. And having so many own goals is really challenging. grin grin

50 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by GeneralPula: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Wetin the guy so self?
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by hisexcellency34: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
The guy is really strong. Not easy having the highest number own goals ever in football

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by saintkel(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Omo but Magguire should rest now

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by otubujohn(m): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Hate comments against Maguire should never be encouraged. But how does Maguire still get called up

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by saheed24(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Mr oWn Goal

3 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by victorazyvictor(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Monkey no fine but............

14 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Isokotolopia: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Its high time they give Maggy some breathing space

3 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by ReacherSaidNoth: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Even though he earns millions the man is human, it is easy to ditch out abuse until you're on the receiving end.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Harry Maguire : one of the most bullied and abused football players ever.
Most times, we feel bad for him.

And him sef no dey help matter some times.
Always putting the wrong foot forward!

Poor kid undecided

The abuse for Maguire crossed the line when he had a bomb threat made at his house.
Fans now are just waiting for him to make a mistake to justify their abuse towards him.
The fact he is still trying at all after all this is a testament to his mental strength.
He is a good player,
he just needs time out of the limelight at a smaller club that play to his strengths.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Stanweezy(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
Harry should move away from English club, maybe go somewhere like Saudi or China and build himself because majority of his mistakes are due to pressure he is passing through

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by gabby227(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by ruggedtimi(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
He should leave united

2 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Ajibade123(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
omo me sef feel for Maguire

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Kcfresh2103(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
grin Abeg make Man U coach dey feature that guy anytime we wan meet Dem. I really like the guy, he's a very good defender. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by thesicilian: 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
Yankiss:
Harry Maguire is mama's boy. Why can't he express himself like a grown up? This sounds funny, like mum is his spokesperson. Haba. And having so many own goals is really challenging. grin grin

Ronaldo that expressed himself, how did it turn out? And that's even someone who has already proven himself. The day Maguire dares to speak that's the day he'll be thrown out.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Nemesis0147(m): 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Seriously the guy is mentally strong….with the kind of criticism he gets every now and then 🥹….he too should try and improve…he should stop being famous for own goals.
Remember when he kicked pogba head into the net 😂😂

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by zed7: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Mothers will always be mothers. The only one who truly cares is your mum, that’s if you have a 'normal' mum. Spouse and kids may abandon you, but mothers will always be there for you.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Treasure17(m): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
Maguire the scapegoat.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Haveyoueatentod: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
God forgive me o I be join those wey dey use the guy as joke he's somebody's child after all nobody is perfect

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by yorke1: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
I won't lie, i was happy the moment Harry Maguire came as a substitute as an Arsenal fan the day Arsenal played against Man u.

14 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by Chicentt(f): 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2023
Let Maguire breatheee

2 Likes

Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by PeezleOris(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
Lol….worst footballer
Haveyoueatentod:
God forgive me o I be join those wey dey use the guy as joke he's somebody's child after all nobody is perfect
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by wonseun(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
I actually feel for him.
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by oxygeng: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
G
Re: Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star by cjudy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
Someone who had the opportunity to leave to West Ham peacefully and enjoy football again, he said no. He want to fight for his place. Where’s the place? Shey you’ve surprised England in their last match? Scoring another own goal. Football is not your calling. England should stop hyping nonsense. Man go and learn Modeling

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Britain's worst Boxer, Robin Deakin Hangs His Gloves After A 12year Career. / Lionel Messi Breaks Pele’s Goals Record / Barcelona Vs Las Palmas Played In An Empty Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.