Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. (903 Views)

Should I Leave Or Stay? / Should I Leave Or Endure Till May? / Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by Humanrobot: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
You're not wrong. Tell your aunt and her family that you want to Forge ahead and so you're moving back with your mom. No grudges. Thank her for all the love, provision, corrections, and all.
This is life, my dear

1 Like

Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by mysticgal(f): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2018
Humanrobot:
Hello everyone, I need your advice on this situation. I am a young man of 23 and I just finished my nysc programme in a village in ogun state. I am at a point where I have to make up my mind to either go back home or not. I and my younger sister have been living with my aunty and her husband for the past 5years and they have been the ones seeing me through school until when I was going for my youth service and the called me telling me that from now on I am on my own. I wouldn't want to go back there because I feel like I am disrespected and not treated the way I should be (imagine my aunt saying that she will flog me when I return from where I went), I don't feel free in a place I call home,every move I make is suspicious to them even though all through this year's of living with them, I have never given them a reason to, I can't speak at will and most importantly I might loose my lover and best friend, someone who has been there for me all along, just because they wouldn't want me going out of they are not the ones who sent me, thereby making it difficult to spend time with her and I feel the distance can be disastrous to my relationship. From the money I have saved up during my service year, I have plans of renting an apartment with a friendof mine even without a good job and steady stream of income, we both believe that we will survive but I know this will get them saying all sort of things about me like me being inappropriative and stuff (I have seen them do it to people in my situation that have lived with them) , but sincerely and deep down in my heart I have been grateful and I understand that living with a relative isn't the same as living with your biological parents.
I lost my dad this year while on my service and I feel I have a sole task of taking care of my younger sister and mom as the first born and I want to go face life.
Am I making a right decision leaving them and going my way even when they have promised me so many things and help plan how I should go but I don't want to place my hope on those words because I have seen them promise other persons that lived with them but didn't keep up to it solely because they had other responsibilities on them, making these ones waste so many time of their life at home running errands before realizing they had to move and I intend to make that mistake. Do y'all think I am making the right decision to move out or not?

your aunt and uncle owe you nothing,ttheyve done their best by sending you to school and catered for you even though they may not have treated you well. we can't call childcare care services now you know?

so I think staying on your own is a very nice move besides you are a 23year old and capable of taking care of yourself. so go ahead and rent an apartment with your friend but you must make sure your friend is someone you can cope with and rely on...friendship is not enough to make a roommate they can frustrate you...talking out of experience undecided
also,make sure that the location of the house you are about to rent is finance or money friendly I.e. a place where you can go job searching or go about buisness without slithing your throat as you need to save money to sustain yourself and your family.

I would also advice that you dont also use up all the money you saved on rent. keep some for a buisness or a side hustle even if it is the sale of clothes,making shoes,hair or even laundries. don't be waiting for a job except you are being retained by you ppa. the mistake most nigerian youths make is, to keep waiting for a job,doing nothing and then enter depression.

ciao

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by Erums(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
OP... Make no mistake... Go home to your aunt... Spend few days with them, discuss with them if they can link u up to any connect for a job to fend for urself.. If no, thank them for the journey so far... Ensure u establish a peaceful atmosphere while at this... Tell them ur intention to go out to the world... Hear thier advice, thou uve made up your mind... Then follow everyting else, they fellow above my post said....

All those talk abt, dem no cater for u well just shut up u hear.... No body owes u shit.... Be always grateful to them and never remember that bad times with them... Them fit send u go sch, dem try.... I give dem hand... Dem give u food chop and shelter.... U weren't a maltreated slave...so give dem cuddles... Every other stuff u wrote to me is uneccesary for this post

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by sirusX(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2018
There is a difference that comes with leaving your comfort zone. It spurs you to make something out of a new situation

I wouldn't say much...cz other above have said a few words for you to reflect on and act

The question isn't about being right or wrong...it's making a decision regarding your future. There is no template for that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by yvelchstores(f): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
I think it's a good thing that u want to move and start life on your two feet but shouldn't be because of a girl.

At 23,you should be gunning for success and not a girl.
This is how you distinguish go getters and average men. Focus guy.

I know u said u are grateful to Ur aunty, be very very grateful bro. Can't remember the last time I heard someone sponsored tru school by aunty or uncle. Even for film, I never see.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Erums:
OP... Make no mistake... Go home to your aunt... Spend few days with them, discuss with them if they can link u up to any connect for a job to fend for urself.. If no, thank them for the journey so far... Ensure u establish a peaceful atmosphere while at this... Tell them ur intention to go out to the world... Hear thier advice, thou uve made up your mind... Then follow everyting else, they fellow above my post said....

All those talk abt, dem no cater for u well just shut up u hear.... No body owes u shit.... Be always grateful to them and never remember that bad times with them... Them fit send u go sch, dem try.... I give dem hand... Dem give u food chop and shelter.... U weren't a maltreated slave...so give dem cuddles... Every other stuff u wrote to me is uneccesary for this post

Best advice.
Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by NoToPile: 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
yvelchstores:
I think it's a good thing that u want to move and start life on your two feet but shouldn't be because of a girl.

At 23,you should be gunning for success and not a girl.
This is how you distinguish go getters and average men. Focus guy.

I know u said u are grateful to Ur aunty, be very very grateful bro. Can't remember the last time I heard someone sponsored tru school by aunty or uncle. Even for film, I never see.

Couldnt help but laugh at the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by frozen70(f): 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
They have tried for you and you owe them for that

Before your service ends, get accommodation with your friend and start a life that will make you or Mar you

It's your choice to leave a responsible or irresponsible life

Visit them from your house, come when you are very sure both of them will be in the house

Tell them you came to thank them for seeing you through school and you have gotten accommodation from your savings

You want to learn how to start standing on your own

But bear in mind of the followings

It's not going to be an easy road as a beginner

Focus less on women until you are capable of handling them
They have complex nature

Make your family a priority and put them first in every thing you do

Be economical with whatever you have, if not you will have nothing

Keep friends that will help you in climbing the ladder not the ones that will be shaking the ladder instead of holding the ladder for you

Be focused, that is the key
Re: Is It Right That I Leave Or Not. by frozen70(f): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Humanrobot:

They have tried for you and you owe them for that

Before your service ends, get accommodation with your friend and start a life that will make you or Mar you

It's your choice to leave a responsible or irresponsible life

Visit them from your house, come when you are very sure both of them will be in the house

Tell them you came to thank them for seeing you through school and you have gotten accommodation from your savings

You want to learn how to start standing on your own

But bear in mind of the followings

It's not going to be an easy road as a beginner

Focus less on women until you are capable of handling them
They have complex nature

Make your family a priority and put them first in every thing you do

Be economical with whatever you have, if not you will have nothing

Keep friends that will help you in climbing the ladder not the ones that will be shaking the ladder instead of holding the ladder for you

Be focused, that is the key

(1) (Reply)

See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR / The hour has come miracle worker show thy self. / Sex Doll Maker Helps Grieving Men By Recreating Dead Wives Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.