Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR (902 Views)

Mrs. Tinubu Welcomes First Baby Of 2024, Advocates For Child Welfare / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 10:43am On Jan 07, 2019
"Children bring joy to the family. To support couples in their decision to have more children, the Child Development Co-Savings (Baby Bonus) Scheme helps to lighten the financial costs of raising children. The scheme is part of the Marriage and Parenthood Package and includes a cash gift and contributions to the Child Development Account.

CASH GIFT
The Baby Bonus Cash Gift has been enhanced for eligible children born on or after 1 January 2015.

1st and 2nd child - $8000
(₦2.88m)
3rd and 4th child - $10,000 (₦3.6m)
5th child and above - $10,000
(₦3.6m)

Parents will receive the enhanced cash gift in 5 instalments, over 18 months.

CHILD DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT
The CDA is a special savings account for children to help build up the savings that can be spent on approved uses. When a CDA is opened, the child will receive CDA benefits, including the CDA First Step and Government dollar-for-dollar matching contributions for each dollar parents, up to the contribution caps shown below:

1st and 2nd child - $3000
(₦1.08m)
3rd and 4th child - $3000
(₦1.08m)
5th child and above - $3000
(₦1.08m)
"

Source: Singapore Ministry of Social and Family Development -
https://www.msf.gov.sg/policies/Strong-and-Stable-Families/Supporting-Families/Pages/Baby-Bonus-Scheme.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2mQ7Pd0GdUxqwvQ06LRZ3MNttB-8U0wN6svmcROZro0Lk3i4OwW2sQ1E4
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2019
Yesterday I saw this Facebook post from CNN about a certain town in Japan where "families receive 100,000 yen ($879) for their first child, 150,000 yen ($1,335) for their second and as much as 400,000 yen ($3,518) for the fifth child born to the same family"
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/27/health/japan-fertility-birth-rate-children-intl/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=fbCNNi&utm_content=2019-01-06T03%3A31%3A49&utm_term=link

I think the only set of people enjoying our democracy is our politicians and their family members whom they have positioned in juicy positions here and there.
In most countries who value their citizens, this is how government take care of their citizens.
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2019
H
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2019
Lalasticlala, what do you think?
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2019
I think Singapore just *buy* market.... cheesy
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2019
Orla234:
I think Singapore just *buy* market.... cheesy
Sorry....how do you mean?
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 07, 2019
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 11:42am On Jan 07, 2019
Orla234:

Like Visa application gon be tripled, if not more.
My statement was just a light one though, nothing serious.
What they're setting up is great, and will magnet lotsa folks.
Yeah, that's right, but there's no doubt that they've very strict visa rules. And aside that, these privileges are for citizens not just everybody.
Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2019
Daviddson:
Yeah, that's right, but there's no doubt that they've very strict visa rules. And aside that, these privileges are for citizens not just everybody.

cheesy that's true. Very tough country to get into.

In that case, some people might as well ditch their BCP.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Redman44(m): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2019
@op, you did not talk about taxes in Singapore smiley smiley smiley smiley. 85% Citizens and Foreigners in Singapore pay tax. The tax system in Singapore is well managed. Singapore's population is about 6 Million people ( not up to the population of Lagos State ). So it will be easy to pay parents such amounts of money for their children. The way taxes are collected in Nigeria is not very good. And many Nigerians are not paying tax shocked shocked shocked shocked, even if they have the means to do so. The money gotten from oil is already budgeted in each state. And many State Governors are not that intelligent, so they can't transform their States into Industrial havens. Vote and pray for intelligent Governors in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by Daviddson(m): 6:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
Redman44:
@op, you did not talk about taxes in Singapore smiley smiley smiley smiley. 85% Citizens and Foreigners in Singapore pay tax. The tax system in Singapore is well managed. Singapore's population is about 6 Million people ( not up to the population of Lagos State ). So it will be easy to pay parents such amounts of money for their children. The way taxes are collected in Nigeria is not very good. And many Nigerians are not paying tax shocked shocked shocked shocked, even if they have the means to do so. The money gotten from oil is already budgeted in each state. And many State Governors are not that intelligent, so they can't transform their States into Industrial havens. Vote and pray for intelligent Governors in Nigeria.
America pays its unemployed citizens unemployment benefits of up to $1,800 per month (it varies with states) and they have more than 330 million people (100m more than us). There's no excuse for failure, pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by djon78(m): 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2019
These are well organized countries
We have not done the basics of having good and better infrastructures and you are talking of child support program.

I don't even want to say anything about Nigeria.
The only thing I can say though is for each one to try as much to get good life on there own and then help as many possible.
But if you are waiting for government, you will wait till old age.

Work hard, hustle, succeed, get the best you can out of life, enjoy your life to the maximum and help people around you, don't live only for yourself. That's my own.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by UmmuFareed: 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
I think this is just to encourage them to give birth to more children to increase their population. We don't need that here in Nigeria, all we need is population control... Suffice to say, these doesn't mean we shouldn't put law in place that would help reduce poverty rate to the barest minimum.

1 Like

Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by MPESA(m): 12:27am On Jan 08, 2019
UmmuFareed:
I think this is just to encourage them to give birth to more children to increase their population. We don't need that here in Nigeria, all we need is population control... Suffice to say, these doesn't mean we shouldn't put law in place that would help reduce poverty rate to the barest minimum.

Please what of CANADA AUSTRALIA etc that pays child benefit and USA That pays unemployed ones.

Like one poster above stated that theirs no excuse for failure cry

1 Like

Re: See How Much Singapore Pays For Child Welfare And See the Injustice in NGR by UmmuFareed: 8:04am On Jan 08, 2019
MPESA:

Please what of CANADA AUSTRALIA etc that pays child benefit and USA That pays unemployed ones.

Like one poster above stated that theirs no excuse for failure cry
Well, I pray we get it right someday in this country.

(1) (Reply)

Mixed Feelings Over Infidelity / Picture:two Black Nigerian Parents Living In UK Give Birth To White Child. / I Want To Find My Soul Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.