Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Increase Your Confidence Level - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Increase Your Confidence Level (299 Views)

5 Tips To Build Your Confidence / 10 Ways You Can Build Your Confidence / How To Increase Your Income In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Confidence Level by oladamdam(m): 1:26am On Oct 18, 2018
By Onatola Bariq. A.

Confidence:
The world is full of talented people; men,women, and even children, people whose abilities are solutions to many of the world problems. Meeting people everyday, I usually think the world is unfair because most of these God given talents are not fully utilized to their maximum potentials, some do not even utilize their potentials at all and the sad part is that most times, these gifted people are even exploited by people who do not have one- tenth of their talents.

In my quest for searching for answers I came to a conclusion that talent is not just enough to succeed in any competitive environment. Confidence, courage, persistency and so on are also required.

Confidence according to psychology can be described “as the belief in one’s self and one’s ability to succeed. Confidence to me is like a drug that must be taken in the right dosage, if less is taken, it might not cure your sickness and if more is taken, it’s definitely going to lead to an overdose(overconfidence). Please note that confidence does not actually mean that there are no chances of failures but that based on preparations and other factors the chances of success are higher than failures and also be informed that there is a thin line between confidence and over confidence.

Most successful people I know and have heard about, have a certain level of confidence in their abilities and capabilities and this they wear like a garment wherever and whenever they have a task to complete which makes them excel in their chosen endeavours. Often times, we realize that most people who have potentials do not fulfil their purpose because they lack confidence in their abilities and if you’re among these set of people, I can assure you that all hope is not lost as there are ways to boost your confidence.

They include:

Preparations: One of the reasons why people lack confidence is because they they do not prepare. Preparations varies in different forms. It may be reading, continuous research,practice etc. because the more you learn, the more you understand and this naturally boosts your confidence.

Chose the right friends: There is no doubt that birds of a feather flock together. Do you ever wonder that the reason why you lack confidence may be your network of friends and associates? Firstly, when you associate with friends that make you feel less of yourself, it automatically diminishes your confidence level. Secondly, if you associate with people who lack confidence in their own abilities, you also would be affected. I read a book containing the 48 laws of power, there is an aspect there that stated that “never associate with people who share your defects” so if you want to be confident, may be it is high time you dump those friends like a bad habit and seek new ones.

Continue reading @ http://opportunityng.org/2018/10/12/increase-your-confidence-level/

Re: Increase Your Confidence Level by WetinConsignMe: 1:38am On Oct 18, 2018
Who confidence level epp

(1) (Reply)

Apply For Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Massive Recruitment 2018 / Apply For Google Fellowship Program And Earn $7,500 For A Period Of 6-12 Months / Apply Now: May University Press Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.