Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 AM

Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin (9482 Views)

We Killed NBA Chairman For Withholding N18m Internet Fraud Proceeds –suspect / Gunmen Kidnap Itemuagbor Ex-NBA Chairman, Kill Wife, Demand N50 Million / Emeka Agundu, NBA Chairman, Assassinated In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by goldcoinhub: 5:14am On Oct 18, 2018
The Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, Ilorin branch, Mohammed Akande, and two other lawyers, Mr Luqman Olanrewaju and Dr Mustapha Aduwa have been reportedly assaulted by students of the Nigeria Police Training School in the Challenge area of Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.

According to Punch Metro, trouble started when Olanrewaju went to the police training college in response to a distress call by one of his clients.

The lawyer said he was attacked while attempting to pass through the premises of the school.

Olanrewaju said:

“They started calling me a fake lawyer. They asked me to produce my identity card, and I told them that I’m a private lawyer.

“At this point, they pounced on me, slapping and kicking me, while some used the stick gun in their hands to beat me.

“At a point, they removed my shirt and trousers, leaving me with my boxers and singlet. They threw me up in the air and I fell on the ground. They later carried me and dumped me in their cell.”

Olanrewaju said he was assualted under the supervision of one Adeyemi Mulikat, who, he supposed, was a teacher in the police training college.

The NBA Chairman, Akande, said he visited the scene in company with Aduwa after he received a call that a lawyer was being assaulted in the police college. He said he was also assualted.

Akande said:

“I received a distress call from one of our colleagues that a member was in crisis at the A Division Police Station, in the Challenge area and we both went there.

“It was when we got there that we discovered that the incident occurred at the Police Training School section, and straight we met the headmaster who invited us to his office.

“He told us that the whole issue was about thorough fare at the gate; that the lawyer was very rude which made him order his men to lock him up. Then I asked him to produce the lawyer from their cell.

“When I saw my colleague I was almost crying. He was in boxers and singlet; with scars all over his body. Not even an armed robber deserves that kind of inhuman treatment. So, I told them to kill the lawyer, having beaten him that much.

“In the process, an altercation ensued between us and l was also beaten by his officers; my tie was pulled severally and my shirt was roughened.”

The Kwara State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed that the Commissioner of Police, Mr Fafowora Olaniyi, received a complaint that some men of the Nigeria Police, attached to the Police Training School, Ilorin assaulted the victims.

He said the issue could ordinarily have been resolved if professionalism was brought to bear by the parties concerned.

Okasanmi said:

“The command wishes to state with every sense of responsibility that the situation is highly regretted; the command’s sympathy is extended to the victims, while investigation into the matter has been directed by the CP.”

https://lailasnews.com/students-of-police-training-school-assault-nba-chairman-others-in-ilorin/

lalasticlala

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Donald95(m): 5:17am On Oct 18, 2018
Them never enter Labor market o.

The gross abuse of law by people that ought to enforce it makes me wonder where nigeria is really heading to.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by CastedGist: 6:13am On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by BruncleZuma: 9:40am On Oct 18, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:40am On Oct 18, 2018
Imagine, that's how they are being trained

1 Like

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Gten(m): 9:41am On Oct 18, 2018
This is serious.
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by chris4gold(m): 9:42am On Oct 18, 2018
Lies everywhere, even NPF don join d race
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by sinbadd: 9:42am On Oct 18, 2018
Fake News... The cops did it.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:43am On Oct 18, 2018
“At a point, they removed my shirt and trousers, leaving me with my boxers and singlet. They threw me up in the air and I fell on the ground. They later carried me and dumped me in their cell.”

Are you a paper? That they will carry and throw on the ground.

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by olatunyemi(m): 9:43am On Oct 18, 2018
This is Nigeria, we bargain for this lawless country through our PVC
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by elganzar(m): 9:45am On Oct 18, 2018
If a whole lawyer and NBA official could be harassed and nothing happened_ my brother, who am I?? Ordinary keyboardist_ I can threaten them with music terms sha..."I will call the circle of fifth on you, you will be diminished_ I'll ensure your upper structure is negated...bloody minor!!! grin

6 Likes

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by mrEazi40193: 9:45am On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by 1miccza: 9:47am On Oct 18, 2018
All lies that assault was from the police not some trainees
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by frozen70(f): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2018
From those at the gate

To those baby thieves they are grooming inform of training

To the commandants and all those involved in this embarrassment

Have touched the tiger's tail

Let's see how it goes

Police versus lawyers.
Hmmm
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2018
These stupid baby thieves must be punished
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Justseyii(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2018
All the officers there are very Mad!!!!!
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Bannylove13: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2018
This is a very serious issue..those invelve must be disciplined.. otherwise police go use they enter lawyers for station.. especially young lawyers..
They will be intimidated by the force.. government should take quick action against the police force..nobody is above the law..not even the criminal law enforcement
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by kehinde1588(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2018
Had similar experience at the same A division. I was arrested, brutalized and locked up for the crime I didn't commit by some officers named Eze and Mahmud.
When you are in their station, they always believe they have absolute power to do and undo. They believe they can infringe your fundamental human right without any adverse consequence.
Until you become the victim of police brutality you will realize police is not your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Ekpekus(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2018
Until uniformed officers are held accountable for their actions irrespective of their ranks and files, impunity amongst them especially when dealing with civilians would continue unabated..

1 Like

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by BrokenCock: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2018
E be like say the lawyer go vampire den to chawz dem. Na so e dey be even for army barracks, he shd have gone to their command n not training sch. Lawyer we no get sense. Ma guy wan form rambo for police boys wey dey vex for their kind of brutal training.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by yrex01(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2018
Lol
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by benzems(m): 10:26am On Oct 18, 2018
A Policeman
slapped our driver yesterday
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by jej3013(m): 10:26am On Oct 18, 2018
grin
Very true. Police is not our friend.

kehinde1588:
Had similar experience at the same A division. I was arrested, brutalized and locked up for the crime I didn't commit by some officers named Eze and Mahmud.
When you are in their station, they always believe they have absolute power to do and undo. They believe they can infringe your fundamental human right without any adverse consequence.
Until you become the victim of police brutality you will realize police is not your friend.
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by obonujoker(m): 10:37am On Oct 18, 2018
mhen.... everyday news keep pointing to zoological republic.... buh God forbid, one day we will have true leaders... one day...
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by themanderon: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2018
What do you expect from them? They are learning from their masters at the top. Tomorrow they will graduate to cause mayhem and death in the society. And the cycle continues.
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by Splasshhh(f): 11:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by ogbonagba: 11:32am On Oct 18, 2018
Hello Nigerians. I want to inform you of a serial fraudster in town especially on social media. He operates majorly on instagram with the instagram name Bernard flip cash and with Whatsapp no 08123146906. He posted some fake chats purportedly from people that have won money on the flip cash scheme. The chat testimonies are so convincing one will be tempted to try it. The moment you do, he will send you this account to pay the money you want to flip AGBADU BONIFACE 1130816296 POLARIS BANK. He keeps calling with these numbers 09078262945 and 08027135058. Immediately he receives the money, he blocks your number from calling him & also blocks you from Whatsap chat. He's a serial fraudster and please forward this message till it gets to the Police & EFCC. Don't blame people who have fallen victim. Save others from becoming victims. You could be saving a life.
Re: Students Of Police Training School Assault NBA Chairman, Others In Ilorin by TeeSeven(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2018
elganzar:
If a whole lawyer and NBA official could be harassed and nothing happened_ my brother, who am I?? Ordinary keyboardist_ I can threaten them with music terms sha..."I will call the circle of fifth on you, you will be diminished_ I'll ensure your upper structure is negated...bloody minor!!! grin

LOL. I find this very interesting. I also play the keyboard...

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Uncle Raped Me. How Can I Punish Him? / Man Arraigned For Duping Girlfriend Of N400,000 / UNIZIK Student Reportedly Kidnapped In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.