Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,335 members, 7,957,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG (9343 Views)

Why Ministerial Appointment Is Being Delayed – Boss Mustapha / Paris Club Refund: Governors Angry Over N16.67bn Secret Payment To Osun / Kogi Borrowed Billions From Banks Despite Paris Club Refund & Bailouts (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by dre11(m): 7:01am On Oct 18, 2018
By Ismail Mudashir

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) yesterday said the release of the last part of Paris Club refund was being delayed because of the condition attached to it by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, disclosed this while briefing State House Correspondents at the end of the FEC meeting.

“Mr. President has given approval for the payment of the last Paris Club refund to the states but the approval came with some conditions which we are trying to work out together with the states to meet.

“Those conditions that Mr. President gave are that we must show that the states have used the previous refund for payment of salaries and they will use this one also for payment of salaries,” she said.

On entitlements of Ex-Staff of the Nigeria Airways, she said the approval granted was for N45bn and explained why N22.6bn was released.

“The approval given for payment of entitlements to the ex-staff of Nigeria Airways was N45bn and because of paucity of funds, Mr. President gave approval for the payment of 50 percent of N22.6bn. We hope in 2019, to pay the balance,” she said.

She also said the council has approved N187.4m for the purchase of 600 bulletproof vests for the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) to fight illegal importation of rice. She said the contract has eight months delivery period.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-paris-club-refund-is-being-delayed-fg.html

5 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by izzou(m): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2018
grin

Salaries look like a privilege in this part of the world

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2018
Smh.

So FG wants to tell us they don't know states that are still owing salaries?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26am On Oct 18, 2018
We believe you will do the right thing sir.
May God's wisdom continue to be with you in good health and knowledge.

Let's do another 4 years together again daddy.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by seuncyber(m): 7:28am On Oct 18, 2018
Story for the gods

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by fokusmind: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2018
PMB....a friend of the masses.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Wasky101: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2018
Not business as usual. Sai baba

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 18, 2018
It seems it's only civil servants that enjoy the govt the most.Yet they are the most unproductive

How wonderful it would have been if 70% of this money was put in power and new refinery.

6 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by justice212: 7:29am On Oct 18, 2018
What are state even doing with the money. Useless state governors

5 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by israelmao(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2018
I hope this fund doesn't go on election campaign budget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Ugosample(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2018
danjumakolo:
It seems it's only civil servants that enjoy the govt the most.Yet they are the most unproductive

I tell you

very very unproductive

8 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by ngwababe(f): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2018
izzou:
grin

Salaries look like a privilege in this part of the world

You just said it all bro... God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by jumper524(m): 7:30am On Oct 18, 2018
kennygee:
Smh.

Nigerians needs to start focusing more on revenue generation than sharing or else our debt profile would keep increasing..

6 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by yjgm(m): 7:30am On Oct 18, 2018
I love this. Carry on Mr President. You have our backing. 2019 is sure for you sir.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Ugosample(m): 7:30am On Oct 18, 2018
justice212:
What are state even doing with the money. Useless state governors

useless indeed.

they don't pay salaries or even use the money for a sensible thing

God go punish them

5 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by switch47(m): 7:31am On Oct 18, 2018
post=72188555:

God forbid

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by ehissi(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2018
Nigerian leaders sometimes reason like a bunch of inglorious bastards............

They call it the "Paris Club Refund" because it was wrongly deducted from the allocation of states based on a couple of debt acquired in times past.

Now we have discovered this wrong, the refunded the money will be paid back with conditions which are tied to the state of your own affairs and some mumus are clapping, I don't get it??

Its like I take a loan from a bank and they accidentally deducted cash in excess of the loan. The bank discovers it finally and refunds it, but the account officer attached to my account says the money won't be credited to my account until I provide evidence that I have paid my children's school fees and that I have been giving my own wife chop money for the past 3 months......... undecided

Is it not to sue the bloody bank in the first place and claim damages for not only illegally deducting my cash but for also withholding my cash with extreme prejudice to my state of affairs which is none of your bloody business............. undecided

This Nigeria and APC eh, they just turn over 200 million Nigerians to mumu overnight................. angry

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Wasky101: 7:32am On Oct 18, 2018
kennygee:
Smh.

Off course they do that is why they are reluctant to give to them because of previous experience

2 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by teeytimi: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2018
187m for 600 vest grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

How much does one cost 350k?

Na wa for this people o

2 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by feldido(m): 7:35am On Oct 18, 2018
Bayelsa state should be the cause... Cunning Governor

1 Like

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2018
switch47:
God forbid
Forbid kee u dia!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by JailBreaker(m): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2018
cool cool

Free Scholarship in London - Newcastle University Undergraduate And Postgraduate International Scholarship

Apply Now: http://studydegreehq..com/2018/09/newcastle-university-vcgs-scholarships.html
Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2018
This is what we expected from him. Make the states governors to be accountable, they contributed immensely to the hunger in the land. He kept on chasing the wind, fighting perceived enemies in the name of pighting kwaraption.

Awodi Buhari o let gbe adie![sub][/sub]
Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 18, 2018
post=72188555:

you're my man anytime any day

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by opalu: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2018
Hmm
Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43am On Oct 18, 2018
bamidelee:

you're my man anytime any day
GOD BLESS you bro.
Chop knuckles correct man

2 Likes

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Johnjanrt: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2018
Aint they (the state governors) going to pay salaries in absence of this fund? Please dnt let me say God punish this regime!
Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2018
post=72188850:
Forbid kee u dia!
amen seconded awon omo.Igbo radarada

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by rozayx5(m): 7:47am On Oct 18, 2018
teeytimi:
187m for 600 vest grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

How much does one cost 350k?

Na wa for this people o

160m naira stolen there
Will create a thread on that

600 vests with shipping cost max of 30m naira

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Paris Club Refund Is Being Delayed – FG by seunlayi(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2018
Simply bn delayed for a election use

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Launches $20 Million "Lagos Cares" Programme For Youths, Women / I Am Not Afraid Of Court Case - Secondus / Olamilekan Adegbite: FG Unlikely To Fix Ajaokuta Steel As Planned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.