Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku (18999 Views)

2019: Yoruba Deserves 2023 Presidency, Igbo Are Not Serious – Amaechi. / Afenifere Endorse Buhari For 2019, Yoruba Nation Endorsement Plan For Jan 2019 / 2019: Yoruba Youths Slam Fashola Over Comment On Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Integrator1: 5:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
leisuretym:

its a lie!!! we will vote him in mass!! South West is the new PDP!! come to my area you will be shock, e go do you blue black ..Gbagbe!!!

Same way all south west states have PDP governors .. Gbagbe.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Hotfreezer: 5:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
buzodyke:

We are not selfish like u people,, think about plan for the whole nation

Igbos plan for the whole nation?
Igbos where their leaders betray them for crumbs.
Igbos that can't elect good leaders?
Igbos who made the most incompetent TA Orji Ochendo Ndigbo?

I laugh in Abakaliki dialect.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by leisuretym: 5:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

Same way all south west states have PDP governors .. Gbagbe.

you should know south west can not vote buhari/herdsmen into power again! you know that! Hausa fulani oligarchy killed Awolowo, Abiola and now fayose! use your head! na same you go still hear am!
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Hotfreezer: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
leisuretym:

you should know south west can not vote buhari/herdsmen into power again! you know that! Hausa fulani oligarchy killed Awolowo, Abiola and now fayose! use your head! na same you go still hear am!

Just 3 Yorubas??

They killed 3M Igbos and Igbos are voting them.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by madridsta007(m): 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

It's your Atiku that understands the economy ? Reason why he made Nigeria heaven when he was vice President..

Obasanjo and Atiku could have the right excuses to plunge Nigeria into the poverty capital of the world— they could have easily said, “we are coming from the pariah years of military rule.”

But they didn’t. Give the devil it’s due. They managed to secure an unprecedented debt relief for Nigeria. Buhari, on the other hand has raised Nigeria’s debt profile to almost thrice of what he met it and, more harrowingly, has plunged Nigeria into a position as the poverty capital of the world.
These are facts sir.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Integrator1: 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
leisuretym:

Yeah .. they voted only him in Only Jonathan in 2015 , reason why he's still the President.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Integrator1: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
leisuretym:

Yeah .. they voted only Jonathan in 2015 , reason why he's still the President.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by leisuretym: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

Yeah .. they voted only Jonathan in 2015 , reason why he's still the President.

Jonathan is still the president in your village? bros take your pill, stop skipping it..

jonathan is not Atiku!! you better start Atikulating to save your generation
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Boyooosa(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:
Keep deceiving yourself , nobody takes atikuthief serious in South West..
Atiku is a IPod project ..
we reject PDP with our body and soul ..

Next year , we'd all cast our votes for PMB .

If you ain't pleased you know what to do .
As if he will do all they dream, immunities!
He will neither reject their nor implement, make dem go find job abeg!
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Integrator1: 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
leisuretym:

Jonathan is still the president in your village? bros take your pill, stop skipping it..

jonathan is not Atiku!! you better start Atikulating to save your generation

You must be a secondary school student , reason why you do not understand clapback !!!

And yes Yoruba voted massively for him (Jonathan ) and
didnt vote for Hausa Fulani cos of "oligarchy" in time past.

Continue to preach that to your fellow IPod,, we in the west ain't interested . Atiku IS A BIAFRA PROJECT. HE WILL FAIL WOEFULLY.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by kehinde1588(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kennydoc:

Tinubu doesn't control all Yorubas. He can only use his influence to sway voters towards APC, but he can't actually determine by how much APC will win (if at all they will win SW) in 2019. In 2015, Jonathan was very much hated in the SW yet he got 45% of the votes. I can assure you that the % of votes won't differ much in 2019 from what it was in 2015.
SW is all APC... Story for the gods. We saw how APC won Osun. As it stands now, PDP will get 45-55% of the votes in Osun, Ekiti and Ondo in 2019.
I can also assure you that Buhari will never smell up to 60% of SW votes.
Osun election has suddenly become yardstick to measure the stance of PDP come 2019 election in SW..I laugh so hard at you...What transpired in Osun will never repeat itself in the whole SW again I can bet on that.
The fact you dnt understand is that its too early for PDP to tack back power. This same party you all are endorsing now ruled and ruined this country for 16yrs without significance progress. Giving PDP power back is just like going back to our vomit. May God spare our lives beyond 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by leisuretym: 6:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

You must be a secondary school student , reason why you do not understand clapback !!!

And yes Yoruba voted massively for him (Jonathan ) and
didnt vote for Hausa Fulani cos of "oligarchy" in time past.

Continue to preach that to your fellow IPod,, we in the west ain't interested . Atiku IS A BIAFRA PROJECT. HE WILL FAIL WOEFULLY.

Smh.

alright

Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Kennydoc(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
kehinde1588:

Osun election has suddenly become yardstick to measure the stance of PDP come 2019 election in SW..I laugh so hard at you...What transpired in Osun will never repeat itself in the whole SW again I can bet on that.
The fact you dnt understand is that its too early for PDP to tack back power. This same party you all are endorsing now ruled and ruined this country for 16yrs without significance progress. Giving PDP power back is just like going back to our vomit. May God spare our lives beyond 2019.

I am not using Osun events as a yardstick. I have told you that Yorubas never give block votes to any party. Is that too difficult for you to understand? I have a number of Yoruba friends and I know how many of them detest APC (at the National level) to their marrows. Yes, they may support their Yoruba APC politicians but they hate Buhari's administration. Not every Yoruba man is irrational like you.
Go and look at previous election results in the SW and enlighten yourself.

PDP ruined Nigeria over 16, yet APC has destroyed everything that has held us together as a nation in only 3½ years. Imagine a party that came with a promise of change, yet they have destroyed every good thing they met on ground without initiating anything new. PDP's stance pre-2015 is even understandable cos they felt too comfortable and were misbehaving. Now, they have learnt their lesson thru the hard way that they can be voted out. APC failed to maximise the opportunity they got to make Nigeria better despite the whole promise of change.

I tell you, Buhari is the reason PDP stands a chance next year. If Buhari had run an inclusive government and united all Nigerians (taking the whole nation and not just the north as his constituency), even with his failures in managing the economy, nobody would have been taking PDP serious by now. As it stands, we are ready to give them another chance knowing they have learnt their lesson. If they fail again, APC will be re-elected in 2023, and it will continue like that until both parties stop taking Nigerians for a ride.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by ofwest47(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
The so called Yoruba youth are sponsors of the anti Yoruba so called ebora Owu OBJ who have been anti Yoruba progress from the word go and has been imposing other tribes on the Yorubas to bring down progress developments on Odua nation.
Recall, 1979 presidential election where he said the most qualified and best candidate may not win and the most qualified he was referring to then was Obafemi Awolowo.
Remember 12 .2/3 of 19 which he used in imposing Shagari a grade 2 teacher on us despite the support of Aminu Kano of the RPP from Kano state and Waziri Ibrahim of the GNPP from the North East all for Papa Awo.
Similarly, came 1983 election when Awolowo made the second attempt Obasanjo made sure Awolowo will not get there when he imposed Yaradua on the Nation again, remember he went to meet Yaradua's mother in the North to congratulate her and said she has compensated her over the assassination of her former late son
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by ofwest47(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
The so called Yoruba youth are sponsors of the anti Yoruba so called ebora Owu OBJ who have been anti Yoruba progress from the word go and has been imposing other tribes on the Yorubas to bring down progress developments on Odua nation.
Recall, 1979 presidential election where he said the most qualified and best candidate may not win and the most qualified he was referring to then was Obafemi Awolowo.
Remember 12 .2/3 of 19 which he used in imposing Shagari a grade 2 teacher on us despite the support of Aminu Kano of the RPP from Kano state and Waziri Ibrahim of the GNPP from the North East all for Papa Awo.
Similarly, came 1983 election, when Awolowo made the second attempt Obasanjo made sure Awolowo will not get there when he imposed Yaradua on the Nation again. Remember he went to meet Yaradua's mother in the North to congratulate her and said she has compensated her over the assassination of her late son general Yaradua who happened to be his former military vice during his military administration. Remember also he imposed further on the Nation Goodluck Jonathan after the demise of Yaradua.
He was also the one who imposed another Northern element on Nigeria in the name of Buhari in 2015 before thins seriously fell apart between them . Here is a man who said may God never forgive him in this life and beyond if he ever forgive Abubakar Atiku over the looting spree he Atiku has committed in this country Nigeria and this is the same man Obasanjo says he has forgiven and ready to impose on Nigeria again.
From all these what has Obasanjo done to benefit the Yoruba nation to deserve the so called Yoruba youth support for what Obasanjo is trying to support. The so called youth should ask him what infrastructural facility he Obasanjo has brought to the entire Yoruba Nation after his eleven year rule both as former military head of state and civilian president.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by mosesadebanji: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
For the 2019 General Election, it's not advisable for South West to loose Vice President to South East because they want to support PDP for Atiku.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by ofwest47(m): 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
The so called Yoruba youth are sponsors of the anti Yoruba so called ebora Owu OBJ who have been anti Yoruba progressive development from the word go and has been imposing other tribes on the Yorubas to bring down progress developments on Odua nation.
Remember 12 .2/3 of 19 which he used in imposing Shagari a grade 2 teacher on us despite the support for electroral college by Aminu Kano of the PRP from Kano state and Waziri Ibrahim of the GNPP from the North East which was to have brought in Awolowo as the winner of the election in which Obasanjo was seriously opposed to
Similarly, came 1983 election, when Awolowo made the second attempt Obasanjo made sure Awolowo will not get there when he imposed Yaradua on the Nation again. Remember he went to meet Yaradua's mother in the North to congratulate her and said he has compensated her over the assassination of her late son general Yaradua who happened to be his former military vice during his military administration. Remember also he imposed further on the Nation Goodluck Jonathan after the demise of Yaradua. Came M K O Abiola' s June 12 victory and his eventual murder over his victory what did he Obasanjo did to condemn the action of deliberate Omo ( son) Yoruba murder.
He was also the one who imposed another Northern element on Nigeria in the name of Buhari in 2015 before things seriously fell apart between them . Here is a man who said may God never forgive him in this life and beyond if he ever forgive Abubakar Atiku over the looting spree he Atiku has committed in this country Nigeria and this is the same man Obasanjo says he has forgiven and ready to impose on Nigeria again.
From all these what has Obasanjo done to benefit the Yoruba nation to deserve the so called Yoruba youth support for what Obasanjo is trying to support. The so called youth should ask him what infrastructural facility he Obasanjo has brought to the entire Yoruba Nation after his eleven year rule both as former military head of state and civilian president.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by kehinde1588(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
Kennydoc:

I am not using Osun events as a yardstick. I have told you that Yorubas never give block votes to any party. Is that too difficult for you to understand? I have a number of Yoruba friends and I know how many of them detest APC (at the National level) to their marrows. Yes, they may support their Yoruba APC politicians but they hate Buhari's administration. Not every Yoruba man is irrational like you.
Go and look at previous election results in the SW and enlighten yourself.

PDP ruined Nigeria over 16, yet APC has destroyed everything that has held us together as a nation in only 3½ years. Imagine a party that came with a promise of change, yet they have destroyed every good thing they met on ground without initiating anything new. PDP's stance pre-2015 is even understandable cos they felt too comfortable and were misbehaving. Now, they have learnt their lesson thru the hard way that they can be voted out. APC failed to maximise the opportunity they got to make Nigeria better despite the whole promise of change.

I tell you, Buhari is the reason PDP stands a chance next year. If Buhari had run an inclusive government and united all Nigerians (taking the whole nation and not just the north as his constituency), even with his failures in managing the economy, nobody would have been taking PDP serious by now. As it stands, we are ready to give them another chance knowing they have learnt their lesson. If they fail again, APC will be re-elected in 2023, and it will continue like that until both parties stop taking Nigerians for a ride.

Did you say I am irrational because I voiced out my observation and opinion on what is crystal clear? You are a clown. You said you have Yoruba frds that dislike Buhari's administration. Well let me tell you in case you dnt know, people vote for party not candidate. The fact that all SW states belong to the ruling party gives them an edge over the opposition party. Using Osun as a case study, Omisore in all ramifications is more experienced and eloquent than other candidates. The debate conducted proved that. Despite his eloquence, people did not vote for him as expected even Ademola that never went for the debate had more votes than him. That clearly depicts that people vote for party not candidate. Claiming you have many Yoruba frds that belong to APC but hate Buhari is a pure lie.

I dnt need to go look for the result of 2015 election in SW before I give my stance on this. In 2015, PDP was in power, they were the ruling party . They used all the federal power to gathered the votes they had in SW. Now that power has changed hand, do you think they will still be able to gather such amount of votes in SW?
Its simply NO.

Buhari is not a magician. The change we all clamoured for can't come overnight. It takes years to achieve desirable change. PDP led us into this mess we are today. The recession we experienced was caused by previous govt. Buhari was just unfortunate to inherit those problems.The corruption under PDP was just too massive. And the effect of corruption is that it undermines all the sector of the economy. They looted the fund of this country to the extent that the name "Nigeria" was synonymous to the term "corruption".
Funny enough, this country was destroyed for good 16yrs and you expect Buhari to reedem what was damaged just within 3 and half yrs. Isn't that irrational?

Bros, get this straight, PDP can't take us to our dream land. The Nigeria we all crave for can't be actualiazed under PDP. They had 16 yrs to turn Nigeria into Dubai but Nigeria was turned into Somalia.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Ziggylady(f): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2018
Afonja007:
there will be a general meeting of skull miners association of south west SMASW OGUN state branch ,theme, how to move our skull minining business all over nigeria ,speakers alhaji muyideen oloyede sakarudeen balogun guest speaker Alfa and imam of wasilat central mosque ijebo ode ,mothers of the day alhaja tawakalitu ojuaja and taibatu akimbode,come with your skull for exibition

Na waoo embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by bigfish3k: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

but why are u people not thinking about the killings in the land

and 'surrender ur land or die' statement , do u remember leah sharibu?

hope we are not plunging ourselves into deep shit just bc of a VP post (spare tyre position) the north shared to SW and SE
just let us do the right thing. lets try out another person auntil we get who we want. stop reinforcing failure
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by bigfish3k: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
kehinde1588:

Did you say I am irrational because I voiced out my observation and opinion on what is crystal clear? You are a clown. You said you have Yoruba frds that dislike Buhari's administration. Well let me tell you in case you dnt know, people vote for party not candidate. The fact that all SW states belong to the ruling party gives them an edge over the opposition party. Using Osun as a case study, Omisore in all ramifications is more experienced and eloquent than other candidates. The debate conducted proved that. Despite his eloquence, people did not vote for him as expected even Ademola that never went for the debate had more votes than him. That clearly depicts that people vote for party not candidate. Claiming you have many Yoruba frds that belong to APC but hate Buhari is a pure lie.

I dnt need to go look for the result of 2015 election in SW before I give my stance on this. In 2015, PDP was in power, they were the ruling party . They used all the federal power to gathered the votes they had in SW. Now that power has changed hand, do you think they will still be able to gather such amount of votes in SW?
Its simply NO.

Buhari is not a magician. The change we all clamoured for can't come overnight. It takes years to achieve desirable change. PDP led us into this mess we are today. The recession we experienced was caused by previous govt. Buhari was just unfortunate to inherit those problems.The corruption under PDP was just too massive. And the effect of corruption is that it undermines all the sector of the economy. They looted the fund of this country to the extent that the name "Nigeria" was synonymous to the term "corruption".
Funny enough, this country was destroyed for good 16yrs and you expect Buhari to reedem what was damaged just within 3 and half yrs. Isn't that irrational?

Bros, get this straight, PDP can't take us to our dream land. The Nigeria we all crave for can't be actualiazed under PDP. They had 16 yrs to turn Nigeria into Dubai but Nigeria was turned into Somalia.

u people should only be talking about corruption if u are free from it, many corruption cases abound in this administration and we all know about it including u.
people are complainig bc under PDP there was corruption and we were not hungry
but now there is still corruption and we are hungry and loss of jobs. any sensible person will choose PDP

i place a bet on this... we wouldnt have gone into recession if another person had won in 2015. the person would have managed things better
please tell me who caused the first recession under this same president

but when he was promising to fix everything in six months before election....
and u are now defending failure , is that not corruption

hope u remeber there is much killings also. 'surrender ur land or u die' benue , taraba, southern kaduna, plateau people will tell u more
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by BeardedMeat(m): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

Please stop quoting me senselessly .
Support Atiku for what ? The roads obj built , the privatisation scam he did ? Non payment of pensioners Converting government property to his ? Or atikulate to steal Nigeria's commonwealth !!!
Abeg take your iPod reasoning elsewhere ... The Omoluabi's ain't interested in your hatred and show of buffoonery ..
This one is going to be the chief wailer in 2019. grin
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Seun360(m): 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
Integrator1:

Biko speak for yourself.

SW will vote for Atiku.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by Kennydoc(m): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2018
kehinde1588:

Its simply NO.

You said people vote party not candidates... Its application differs significantly between state and national elections. For example, APC got more votes than PDP in Anambra guber elections last year, but I can assure you APC cannot poll more than 10% votes in presidential election in Anambra next year.
While all the SW states may be under APC, many of the electorates root for PDP. The voting pattern of the past few years has made it clear. Moreover, APC governors of the South West in this administration haven't been fantastic. The one that was touted to be the best governor in Nigeria was rejected by the party structure. I am sure we haven't heard the last yet from Lagos regarding what Ambode may consider doing for or against APC.
Ambode and Amosun are bitter today. Are they the ones that will vigorously campaign for votes for Buhari?
Osun was nearly lost by APC, and the electorates are still bitter. Is that where Buhari will win with 70%?
Oyo APC is scattered now. The party isn't even sure of remaining in power in d state come 2019. Is that where Buhari will score 70%?
Ekiti and Ondo have strong PDP presence, so I don't even see Buhari winning significantly there.
I also need to remind you that Tinubu hasn't made a statement for almost 2 weeks since Atiku won PDP ticket. He knows the coast isn't clear for Buhari anymore, yet you without any electoral value are making all the noise. Let us watch and see.
Let me remind you that just like Yorubas are split nearly 50:50 in their religious affiliation so they are also split nearly 50:50 in their political inclination. I cam assure you that nobody will win with more than 60% in the SW next year. You can put a bet on Buhari.

Change can't come overnight, but the truth is that Buhari isn't making any effort. He's so sectional, clanish, divisive, nepotistic. He has divided the nation much further. There is bitterness in the hearts of many non-Hausa/Fulani Nigerians. To me, that is his biggest sin. The Middle Belt and North East minorities are crying, but he doesn't give a damn. What about the Igbos and other southern group? You may feel that Yorubas are protected cos Osinbajo is VP. Those who know better understand that Buhari doesn't even give a damn about Yorubas. He only draws closer to Tinubu during elections. I can bet you that if he wins again come 2019, even Yorubas will suffer too, cos he's never going to need them again. Let me assure you that Tinubu will be terribly undermined if Buhari wins again, and he (Tinubu) is very much aware of that.

Buhari isn't fighting any corruption. Can you point out to me what he has done to show he is fighting corruption. There is also massive corruption going on in this government. The only difference between now and in the past is that the country isn't very rich now. All the financial improprieties of the past are still happening today. Moreover, one of the most painful parts of it is that many of the people that squandered the wealth of the country at the state level in different states since 1999 are in APC now. From the SS and SE (which are PDP strongholds) alone, I can mention 7 immediate past governors out of 11 who are in APC today: Amaechi, Akpabio, Timipre Sylvia, Oshiomhole, Uduaghan, Sullivan Chime, Martin Elechi. Aren't these guys the ones that enjoyed excess crude account sharing at the state level? What did they do with the money? Today, they are the saints in APC that will take Nigeria to the promised land. By the time you add other regions that are APC stronghold, you will realise than ⅔ to ¾ of immediate past governors of Nigeria are in APC today. You see, the PDP of now is far better than the PDP prior to 2015 cos many of the bad eggs are now in APC.

What developmental project has Buhari initiated? The improvement being celebrated in the power sector today are as a result of the power plants Jonathan built. What has Buhari done to improve the power sector? Can you name just one thing he has done?
Talking about rail transport, everything Buhari has commissioned so far was started and carried to almost completion by Jonathan especially Abuja - Kaduna standard gauge and Abuja light rail. Obj and Jonathan are the ones that revived our rail transport.
In Education, Jonathan built 12 new Federal universities including the only Federal University in Buhari's home state that has produced the Head of State the 3rd time in this administration. What has Buhari done in the area of Education?
In the area of curbing waste and dealing with corruption, Jonathan initiated IPPIS and TSA. What has Buhari initiated? Is it not one tenure that has almost come to an end for him. If he loses out now, what legacy has his administration left behind that the next administration will build on?

You see, Buhari is an error of a president. He truly has nothing to offer except for his famed integrity which is all a ruse. Buhari should go in the interest of survival of the nation.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by front4line: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
Oga speak for yourself...

every sensible Yoruba man must Atikulate..

is only Sarrki the chief Zombie will not
Integrator1 post=72200822:

Igbo are very funny hate filled jerks.
Imagine a bigoted Igbo is dictating to a Yoruba what he must do after the Yoruba stated how he’ll vote in the 2019.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by akbahbah(m): 3:01am On Oct 19, 2018
Integrator1:

You are speaking for yourself and your mumu family. oponu afofungbemu ara e.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by kehinde1588(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2018
Kennydoc:

You said people vote party not candidates... Its application differs significantly between state and national elections. For example, APC got more votes than PDP in Anambra guber elections last year, but I can assure you APC cannot poll more than 10% votes in presidential election in Anambra next year.
While all the SW states may be under APC, many of the electorates root for PDP. The voting pattern of the past few years has made it clear. Moreover, APC governors of the South West in this administration haven't been fantastic. The one that was touted to be the best governor in Nigeria was rejected by the party structure. I am sure we haven't heard the last yet from Lagos regarding what Ambode may consider doing for or against APC.
Ambode and Amosun are bitter today. Are they the ones that will vigorously campaign for votes for Buhari?
Osun was nearly lost by APC, and the electorates are still bitter. Is that where Buhari will win with 70%?
Oyo APC is scattered now. The party isn't even sure of remaining in power in d state come 2019. Is that where Buhari will score 70%?
Ekiti and Ondo have strong PDP presence, so I don't even see Buhari winning significantly there.
I also need to remind you that Tinubu hasn't made a statement for almost 2 weeks since Atiku won PDP ticket. He knows the coast isn't clear for Buhari anymore, yet you without any electoral value are making all the noise. Let us watch and see.
Let me remind you that just like Yorubas are split nearly 50:50 in their religious affiliation so they are also split nearly 50:50 in their political inclination. I cam assure you that nobody will win with more than 60% in the SW next year. You can put a bet on Buhari.

Change can't come overnight, but the truth is that Buhari isn't making any effort. He's so sectional, clanish, divisive, nepotistic. He has divided the nation much further. There is bitterness in the hearts of many non-Hausa/Fulani Nigerians. To me, that is his biggest sin. The Middle Belt and North East minorities are crying, but he doesn't give a damn. What about the Igbos and other southern group? You may feel that Yorubas are protected cos Osinbajo is VP. Those who know better understand that Buhari doesn't even give a damn about Yorubas. He only draws closer to Tinubu during elections. I can bet you that if he wins again come 2019, even Yorubas will suffer too, cos he's never going to need them again. Let me assure you that Tinubu will be terribly undermined if Buhari wins again, and he (Tinubu) is very much aware of that.

Buhari isn't fighting any corruption. Can you point out to me what he has done to show he is fighting corruption. There is also massive corruption going on in this government. The only difference between now and in the past is that the country isn't very rich now. All the financial improprieties of the past are still happening today. Moreover, one of the most painful parts of it is that many of the people that squandered the wealth of the country at the state level in different states since 1999 are in APC now. From the SS and SE (which are PDP strongholds) alone, I can mention 7 immediate past governors out of 11 who are in APC today: Amaechi, Akpabio, Timipre Sylvia, Oshiomhole, Uduaghan, Sullivan Chime, Martin Elechi. Aren't these guys the ones that enjoyed excess crude account sharing at the state level? What did they do with the money? Today, they are the saints in APC that will take Nigeria to the promised land. By the time you add other regions that are APC stronghold, you will realise than ⅔ to ¾ of immediate past governors of Nigeria are in APC today. You see, the PDP of now is far better than the PDP prior to 2015 cos many of the bad eggs are now in APC.

What developmental project has Buhari initiated? The improvement being celebrated in the power sector today are as a result of the power plants Jonathan built. What has Buhari done to improve the power sector? Can you name just one thing he has done?
Talking about rail transport, everything Buhari has commissioned so far was started and carried to almost completion by Jonathan especially Abuja - Kaduna standard gauge and Abuja light rail. Obj and Jonathan are the ones that revived our rail transport.
In Education, Jonathan built 12 new Federal universities including the only Federal University in Buhari's home state that has produced the Head of State the 3rd time in this administration. What has Buhari done in the area of Education?
In the area of curbing waste and dealing with corruption, Jonathan initiated IPPIS and TSA. What has Buhari initiated? Is it not one tenure that has almost come to an end for him. If he loses out now, what legacy has his administration left behind that the next administration will build on?

You see, Buhari is an error of a president. He truly has nothing to offer except for his famed integrity which is all a ruse. Buhari should go in the interest of survival of the nation.

So you mean through out Buhari's administration, he never initiated any project nor complete any. I am really shocked by this assertion. Google is your friend, u can browse on the project Buhari initiated and completed. This same issue you raised have been debated on several times and it has be proven the assertion is wrong.
You should know that one of the good attributes of a good government is continuity. Imagine those projects you claimed GEJ initiated and could not complete was abandoned by Buhari. Isn't that a waste of resources?.
The fact that there is continuity in Buhari's administration, he should be given credit for that.

I dnt know why you all are accusing Buhari of marginalization and nepotism. The question is, do you want to reap what u did not sow. During 2015 election, the north and the SW precisely contributed heavily to Buharis victory and which region do you expect to benefit most from his govt?
Is it south east that didn't really vote for him?
Moreover, you guys should stop shouting nepotism. All we need is someone that is capable and trustworthy regardless of the region. Buhari feel those people he appointed are capable and loyal to him that's why he gave out the appointment. During Jonathan's tenure, the igbos benefited massively from him and nobody was shouting marginalization or nepotism.

I am just shocked to hear you say Buhari is not fighting corruption. I pray Buhari emerge the second term and watch how he will deal with a lot of people. Buhari is obviously fighting corruption but its also evident that corruption is fighting back. Our Judiciary has not been helping the situation at all. They have been rendering Buhari's effort to be fruitless simply because those charged to court are being granted bail by court despite the evidence before the court. That clearly shows the judiciary are corrupt.

PDP can never revive this country back to the way it used to be. Buhari deserves second term.
Re: 2019: Yoruba Youths Set Agenda For Atiku by senetorjboss(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2018
Integrator1:

Really ?
Abians speaking for the Yorubas ?? Wonders shall never end , aint surprised coming from an iPod.
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Oshiomhole Too Weak, Tinubu Can't Solve APC Crisis - Shehu Dani / Sanwo-Olu Pays Unscheduled Visit To Marina General Hospital / Many Nigerians Have Received Grants – Osinbajo Updates Buhari On ESP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.