Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m (17833 Views)

Tinubu’s Background Claim At Chatham House Contradicts Sworn Affidavit To INEC / "We Rescued Kankara Schoolboys" — Military Contradicts Govs On Miyetti Allah / Garba Shehu Contradicts Osinbajo On Ruga Settlements - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by mu2sa2: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
baliyubla:
Whether 198 or 195 million, what really matters is that Nigeria is heading for a population crash, if we don't control the over 3 million people we add to our population each year.

Enough of my religion does not permit or am a polygamist talk, we honestly need population control.

If we are struggling to survive now, what will happen by 2050, when the country is projected to have a population of 400 million?
We will still struggle to survive na! It is going to be survival of the fittest. Seriously, both bodies are just guessing, because we don't have accurate birth/ death record in this country.

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by FisifunKododada: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
All these people birthing children they can not take care of...God is watching...
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Yankee101: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
What poor people do for recreation is fvck
No time to visit the park or watch movies
No funds to take long flights
No exercise or hiking hobbies

Poverty is a double edged sword, it makes you continue taking decisions that will keep you in poverty. That's why the poorest place in the poorest places is between northern Nigeria all the way to Niger republic where a mai guard will have 3 wives or a wheel barrow pusher will marry 4 and have kids they can't take care of and send them to unsupervised almajiri schools. Crime increases. Religious riots are actually an economic riot where people try to steal and take back resources. You are poor and you set up your coming generations for perpetual perjury.

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Ogaga87(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2018
Scammed figures alias estimated lies...
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Endtimesmith(m): 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
nawtyme:
U.N, we said we are 198 million, you say we are 195.5. So did you conduct any census to arrive at that conclusion?

Is it your population?
Someone cannot lie in peace again?

Meanwhile I am looking for my charger, please contact me if you find it.
Nor mind UN,when l counted the population in Nigeria, l counted 700million minus those killed by book boys and Fulani herdsmen.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by presiade(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
They are now in the position to tell us what's going on in our country. They are not to be blamed, the blame is on the wicked political class and the stupid followers they govern.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by winj3: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
We will still struggle to survive na!

Yes, you will survive if you have to eat each other abi.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by mfm04622: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ohammadike:
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) says 76 percent of Nigerians are between ages 0 to 24, as the country’s population hits 195.9 million.

In its UNFPA state of world population report themed “The power of choice: Reproductive rights and the demographic,” the UN agency revealed that 148.8 million Nigerians are under the age of 25.

This is at conflict with National Population Commission (NPC) figures, which stated that Nigeria’s population was at 198 million as early as April 2018.

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-un-contradicts-national-population-commission-says-nigerias-population-195-9m/

the figures are within the error margin. No contradiction in this
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Kennydoc(m): 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ohammadike:
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) says 76 percent of Nigerians are between ages 0 to 24, as the country’s population hits 195.9 million.

In its UNFPA state of world population report themed “The power of choice: Reproductive rights and the demographic,” the UN agency revealed that 148.8 million Nigerians are under the age of 25.

This is at conflict with National Population Commission (NPC) figures, which stated that Nigeria’s population was at 198 million as early as April 2018.

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-un-contradicts-national-population-commission-says-nigerias-population-195-9m/

With the population of under 25s at almost 150 million, I can say Nigeria is headed for the rocks. The economy is dwindling while the population is exploding... Disaster looms.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by mendii(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
nansense all i knw is that nigeria population is 140 million
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by gogodaye(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Does Nigeria have accurate database of anything? Be it economy, population, birth rate and death rate, and so on sad

Our population figures where inflated to favour northerners. When Murtala Mohammed cancelled the fraudulent one they did back in 1980s, they hated him.

Take it easy ..... How come a man cancelled the fraudulently arrived at census figures which held at a time and date long after he'd died?

You post 29/5/15 Nigerians are wicked to your dead compatriots: its either you're offering them jobs meant for the living or you debar them from traveling posthumously to heaven...
This ain't fair Moor.
Gen. M. Muhammad died in 1976...

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Positivepoint(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
hucienda:
Population politics right from time.

Even the most recent one in 2006 made a joke of itself when Kano was placed higher than Lagos.

The only numbers that can give researchers and analysts a fair idea are those from the NCC.

May be u need to come to the north. Do you know morethan half of north is not covered by gsm coverage. That is a fact.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
baliyubla:
Whether 198 or 195 million, what really matters is that Nigeria is heading for a population crash, if we don't control the over 3 million people we add to our population each year.

Enough of my religion does not permit or am a polygamist talk, we honestly need population control.

If we are struggling to survive now, what will happen by 2050, when the country is projected to have a population of 400 million?
we don't av leaders at all. Both APC and PDP are useless. To say a nation far outgrowing its means of sustainance is not making any plans on checkmating this population boom is sickening. What is wrong with us as a people? Is it not beta to av 1m healthy and peaceful living citizens Dan av 100m hungry people. Africa is cursed.

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by NwaliE01: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
Someone will just sit on his keyboard and punch rubbish.
Without census or any data base yet we have a population figure. I have never being counted in this country because during the census, my place (south East) was not coumted during the census and yet we had a populace figure.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by leighcon(m): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Does Nigeria have accurate database of anything? Be it economy, population, birth rate and death rate, and so on sad

Our population figures where inflated to favour northerners. When Murtala Mohammed cancelled the fraudulent one they did back in 1980s, they hated him.

So far it isn't the same Murtala Mohammed assassinated in 1976.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by GoodMuyis(m): 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
baliyubla:

We can use the population advantage in Agriculture.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by shariff84: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2018
hucienda:

Even the most recent one in 2006 made a joke of itself when Kano was placed higher than Lagos.

The only numbers that can give researchers and analysts a fair idea are those from the NCC.
you cant use NCC for popolation census.Almost 70 percent of the population of northern Nigeria are farmers.They live in the villages and lack access to phones/network.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by adaoshi(m): 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
Na dem go tell us how many we bi?
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by shariff84: 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
Positivepoint:

May be u need to come to the north. Do you know morethan half of north is not covered by gsm coverage. That is a fact.
even in some villages that has gsm coverage.A house of 10-20 persons,but only the householder has a g.s.m. N.C.C can never be use in population counting.
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by DonroxyII: 5:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
junbi:
Waoh!
I do believe we are close to 200 million
As far as me I'm concerned , we are between 100m and 150m people .... we are far from 190m ....

During National Census exercise , most of the states, local governments and villages usually inflate their numbers because population is also amongst yardstick for sharing allocation .

There are more people at Urban Centres that 100villages combined !!

Inflated population !!

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Jamestown123: 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigeria is even more than 500 million The last population census held far back in 2006 some people were not even counted , because some went to farm ,some went to market and we the small children as of that time were not counted because they said we were too small ,they only counted the adults then .

2 Likes

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Kingspin(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nigeria is a country that don't know how to count themselves. Even the North that claim over population have refuse a near correct census. Most figure that appear are arranged number. We don't know our population period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by ugybabe2020(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
Omeokachie:
Na when dem count us nau?
i blv them,this last census,i and my family were not counted infact my compound no dey inside oooo
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by junbi(f): 6:09pm On Oct 18, 2018
DonroxyII:
As far as me I'm concerned , we are between 100m and 150m people .... we are far from 190m ....

During National Census exercise , most of the states, local governments and villages usually inflate their numbers because population is also amongst yardstick for sharing allocation .

Inflated population !!

Even at that, I still think we're close to that figure
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Abagworo(m): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2018
I still don't believe we are up to 150 million people.

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Litmus: 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
Cut 50 million from the population by deporting Ghanaians, Togolese, Nigerians and Chadians.If you doubt that this number of West Africa foreigners are in Nigeria, return to the years when the population of Nigeria was 90 million, look at the population of the other West Africa nations in that period and then compare the population increase of all these nations till currently. Is it credible that while Nigeria`s population has more than tumbled, the population of the other nations have almost stagnated in some cases?
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
junbi:
Waoh!
I do believe we are close to 200 million
We are more than 200million
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by brojoshua: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
A corrupt agency can't determine accurately the population of Nigeria. The ministry of finance may not be able to determine accurately how much money Nigeria makes from oil daily because of corruption
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by budaatum: 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2018
franciskaine:
we don't av leaders at all. Both APC and PDP are useless. To say a nation far outgrowing its means of sustainance is not making any plans on checkmating this population boom is sickening. What is wrong with us as a people? Is it not beta to av 1m healthy and peaceful living citizens Dan av 100m hungry people. Africa is cursed.
I've always said there should be meter on people's toto, and get license to use it but would anyone listen? We should do uberchina. Anyone with more that 1½ children must donate one. We can burn it to generate electricity while charging double tax on net worth of anyone who flouts the law. Alternatively, we can sell some of you to India to increase our foreign reserves. India don't mind big numbers, and I don't think anyone else would want you. Soon time, population will drop to 1 million and they would all be Chinese!
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by budaatum: 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2018
DonroxyII:

Inflated population !!
In preparation for the 2016 Census, my people were fighting Kabiyesi in my town because he refused to give them 200k to inflate numbers "like Ede did".
Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by gabbasin: 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
hucienda:

what you guys don't understand is that as Lagos has limited land to accommodate housing expansion, more Lagosians are now living in neighboring Ogun state while working in Lagos and census is conducted during work free days ordered by govt. while Lagos population expands during the day, it shrinks at night as some workers and traders live in Ogun state there by swelling Ogun's population as well, the rate at which Ogun population is growing now, it will overtake Lagos in few years to come. Kano has the land to accommodate swelling population but Lagos don't so Ogun benefit from the spillover. the 2006 census is correct

1 Like

Re: UN Contradicts National Population Commission, Says Nigeria’s Population 195.9m by modskiller(m): 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2018
I be leaving Nigeria Like

[img]https:///media/10-18-2018/y4yvHv.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Rescue Three FGC Yauri Students & One Teacher; Kill One Bandit / Kwara APC To Punish Lai Mohammed Over Attacks On Governor Abdulrazaq / Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.