Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,352 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Gone - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gone (3150 Views)

Now That Fuel Cost Has Gone Up! You'll Need This. / This Nigerian Mechanic Has Gone Viral After A Video Show Him Lifting An Engine / Is It Safe To Top-up Engine Oil When The Level Has Gone Low? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gone by tataiwo09(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2018

1 Like

Re: Gone by CityNGR: 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2018
tataiwo09:
Thanks to be here!

I bought Peugeot 306 used today (just like tokunbo). The car is neat and clean to me.

I want experienced people to give me different tips to enjoy this car.

I was told that the car has special mechanics and that the part is scarce and expensive after buying

Are all these true?

Thanks
306?
Re: Gone by 80kobo(m): 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
tataiwo09:
Thanks to be here!

I bought Peugeot 306 used today (just like tokunbo). The car is neat and clean to me.

I was told that the car has special mechanics and that the part is scarce and expensive after buying

Are all these true?

Thanks

Use right oil and filter and change at required intervals
Always use the manufacturer recommended parts.
Never bypass any electronics or connect fan direct etc,
Once again don’t let any and any person touch the electronics.
Don’t let anyone perform any fixes without telling you exactly what they plan to do,
Parts are available and last forever when swapped but make sure you don’t buy fake
Get the service manual (google Haynes Peugeot 307 service manual).
Get a pp2000 scanner.

Also car is Nigerian used ensure thermostat hasn’t been removed, fan connected direct, magic connections done with the wiring or return fuel hose blocked.

I’ve had this car since 2007 bought brand new and I use it almost all the time

4 Likes

Re: Gone by 80kobo(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
There
Re: Gone by tataiwo09(m): 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2018
CityNGR:

306?

1 Like

Re: Gone by tataiwo09(m): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=80kobo post=72203363]

Use right oil and filter and change at required intervals
Always use the manufacturer recommended parts.
Never bypass any electronics or connect fan direct etc,
Once again don’t let any and any person touch the electronics.
Don’t let anyone perform any fixes without telling you exactly what they plan to do,
Parts are available and last forever when swapped but make sure you don’t buy fake
Get the service manual (google Haynes Peugeot 307 service manual).
Get a pp2000 scanner.

Also car is Nigerian used ensure thermostat hasn’t been removed, fan connected direct, magic connections done with the wiring or return fuel hose blocked.

I’ve had this car since 2007 bought brand new and I use it almost all the time[/quote

Thanks for this sir.....the car has been good....sharp and smart....
But it has no Ac
Re: Gone by Kamalu5258(m): 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
tataiwo09:
Thanks to be here!

I bought Peugeot 307 used today (just like tokunbo). The car is neat and clean to me.

Are all these true?

Thanks
whatsapp me on 07055045176 let's get you admitted into the Lion's Den
Re: Gone by nutripot: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
Make sure you use your fan on thermostat if it hasn't been bypassed. Change your timming bet with original every six month and happiness will be yours forever!

Don't allow electricians to connect rubbish for you always replace dead or defective parts and you will enjoy your car.

Ensure you don't swim in water with it as the car doesn't like water.

3 Likes

Re: Gone by tataiwo09(m): 10:31pm On Oct 18, 2018
nutripot:
Make sure you use your fan on thermostat if it hasn't been bypassed. Change your timming bet with original every six month and happiness will be yours forever!

Don't allow electricians to connect rubbish for you always replace dead or defective parts and you will enjoy your car.

How much do they sell timing belt?
Re: Gone by nutripot: 10:41pm On Oct 18, 2018
tataiwo09:

How much do they sell timing belt?

Original Timing Belt is N6500 for Peugeot 307.

Make sure you replace it immediately so you can track and know when to change it again. It will save you lots of money and make sure a competent hand does it.

1 Like

Re: Gone by istephen(m): 8:07am On Oct 29, 2018
Some used European cars are inexpensive because looking for replacement parts can be difficult and the maintenance cost is somewhat pricey.
Re: Gone by Readonee35L(m): 8:56am On Oct 29, 2018
nutripot:

You are a clown.
Why would anyone change timing belt every 6months.
Even oil changes with quality last up to a year or 6months
Timining belt change with original parts is fair at least 60k miles or up to 80k which could take 3 to 5years to cover.

6months timing belt grin

2 Likes

Re: Gone by CityNGR: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2018
Readonee35L:

You are a clown.
Timining belt change with original parts is fair at least 60k miles or up to 80k which could take 3 to 5years to cover.

6months timing belt grin
For a Peugeot and the suspicious parts bought..... I would not argue with him.

2 Likes

Re: Gone by Readonee35L(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2018
CityNGR:

For a Peugeot and the suspicious parts bought..... I would not argue with him.
Did you see the part where he said original.

1 Like

Re: Gone by CityNGR: 11:03am On Oct 29, 2018
Readonee35L:

Did you see the part where he said original.
Original... I saw it. For him to quote 6 months...his parts are definitely "original".

1 Like

Re: Gone by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 29, 2018
nutripot:

Timing belt every 6 months. Really?
Re: Gone by cluewebhost(m): 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2018
Readonee35L:

You are a clown.

6months timing belt grin

It's usually better to even buy the Timing Belt kit (Belt, Water Pump, Tensioners etc) original and keep for 3 - 5 years.

That 6,500 timing belt is all shades of shady, doesn't need any excuse to cut.

Original Bosch/Gates/Dayco costs far more.

1 Like

Re: Gone by nutripot: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
Readonee35L:

You are a clown.

6months timing belt grin

What do you know about Peugeot cars?

I OWN a lion and I KNOW the stress and hole it puts in your pocket fixing a damaged timing belt, so just keep your mouth shut.

1 Like

Re: Gone by Readonee35L(m): 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2018
nutripot:

I OWN a lion and I KNOW the stress and hole it puts in your pocket fixing a damaged timing belt, so just keep your mouth shut.
Goto sleep mr man.
No car in the world needs timing change every 6months
Re: Gone by homeboy205: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
Quit arguing
nutripot:

Readonee35L:

Goto sleep mr man.
No car in the world needs timing change every 6months

Ya'chill please op need to learn from hard truth base on personal experience of other users of the same car
Re: Gone by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 29, 2018
nutripot:

If ur LION actually require timing belt change every 6 months then its the worst engineering ever because no other car requires timing belt to changed every 6 months. Wait oh, so if ur LION is 20 yrs old it means timing belt must have been changed 40 times lol, when other cars within the same period won't have timing belt touched for more than 2-3 times.
Re: Gone by CityNGR: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2018
greenhulk:

If ur LION actually require timing belt change every 6 months then its the worst engineering ever because no other car requires timing belt to changed every 6 months. Wait oh, so if ur LION is 20 yrs old it means timing belt must have been changed 40 times lol, when other cars within the same period won't have timing belt touched for more than 2-3 times.
He's traumatized.... empathize with him please.
Re: Gone by Readonee35L(m): 10:46pm On Oct 29, 2018
greenhulk:

No mind these ignorant people.
No mass production car anywhere in this world will need timing belt that often.
Even Bulbs dont burn that fast, here they are talking about timing belt every 6month. One would think the peugeot is a supercar . or it produces 2000Horse power with a supercharger Mated to a 12speed Sequential Gearbox grin hence such maintenance .

Clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gone by Ikenna351(m): 1:29am On Oct 30, 2018
nutripot:

For TU, XU & EW Peugeot/PSA Engines, recommended timing belt change interval for these engines is every nnnmm

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Gone by nurey(m): 4:08am On Oct 30, 2018
Ikenna351:

For TU, XU & EW Peugeot/PSA Engines, recommended timing belt change interval for these engines is every 4 years or 60,000 - 80,000 km mileage (whichever comes first). You are advised to also change timing Retractor roller & Tensioner while changing the timing belt (excluding retractor roller in TU3JP and similar Engines). This applies to original Timing kit.

so Bros you don finally upgrade to Monk, congratulations ooo, may the enlightenment in the monk level lead to wonders grin

nurey the W12 tamer - Sage.

5 Likes

Re: Gone by 80kobo(m): 5:05am On Oct 30, 2018
nutripot:

Next time you’re changing buy an original timing belt kit.
You won’t touch that area in years.
Re: Gone by CityNGR: 5:13am On Oct 30, 2018
Ikenna351:

For TU, XU & EW Peugeot/PSA Engines, recommended timing belt change interval for these engines is every 4 years or 60,000 - 80,000 km mileage (whichever comes first). You are advised to also change timing Retractor roller & Tensioner while changing the timing belt (excluding retractor roller in TU3JP and similar Engines). This applies to original Timing kit.

Shut up. You carefully avoided the humongous costs of your belts cheesy
Re: Gone by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2018
nutripot:

Replacing timing belt every six months, ridiculous. Stop spreading misinformation.

Readonee35L:

You are a clown.

6months timing belt grin
I don't even understand the kind of advice given on this forum sometimes. May as well change spark plugs every three months while you're at it.

nurey:

so Bros you don finally upgrade to Monk, congratulations ooo, may the enlightenment in the monk level lead to wonders grin

nurey the W12 tamer - Sage.

Leave Monk alone. grin
Re: Gone by dipznano: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
nutripot:

Baba leave them, if only they have experienced multiple valve bendings twice in 3 months they’ll know 6 months check up on the timing belt is fair.

Just discarded mine yesterday, can’t coman die young!!!

Op, be advised get a Peugeot expert at arms length, wiring is the number one threat!
Good luck!!!
Re: Gone by Kamalu5258(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
dipznano:

Baba leave them, if only they have experienced multiple valve bendings twice in 3 months they’ll know 6 months check up on the timing belt is fair.

Just discarded mine yesterday, can’t coman die young!!!

Op, be advised get a Peugeot expert at arms length, wiring is the number one threat!
Good luck!!!
Please do you want to sell your Peugeot and how much I want to buy.... I'm really interested
Re: Gone by dipznano: 12:06am On Oct 31, 2018
Kamalu5258:
Please do you want to sell your Peugeot and how much I want to buy.... I'm really interested

Already sold sir...

1 Like

Re: Gone by CityNGR: 6:38am On Oct 31, 2018
dipznano:

Already sold sir...
Welcome to the club. Sold my Peugeot when it almost ruined my life!!

I look at the brand with trepidation now....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genuine Korean Car Batteries / Pls Your Advise Is Needed As Regards 2008 Camry V4 / Did You Know About This New POLICE Document You Must Get For Your Vehicle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.