Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT (12604 Views)

Rivers: Explosion kills pro-Wike protester as loyalists march for FCT Minister / President Tinubu Appoints Head Of Civil Service ,perm Secs For FCT / Peter Obi & LP Senatorial Candidate For FCT, Visit Wassa IDP Camp In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by arabbunkum: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
Build industries and create jobs for the already over teeming youths with different degrees, not another university to churn out more graduates to continue adding to the already bad situation.
Una no dey hear word
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
GOFRONT:
When we already have tonnes of unemployed Graduates on ground......
Many will be employed in that institution
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by AtikuDeman: 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Such a useless waste.
What good will a S&T university do to the FCT.

There are more pressing needs in Nigeria.
When will the senate pass a law mandating countries to have embassy branches in the South East/South South region?

Why must we all depend on Lagos and Abuja to "internationally survive" when the South South/South East is the source of the nation's wealth.

Must someone in Ikom have to travel to Abuja for a visa interview?
Why can't we have an embassy in Enugu?
Why can't we have consulates in Port Harcourt.

Why is the south being marginalized?
Restructuring is the way forward....and Atiku holds the key.
This man....

You are beginning to turn a new leaf, i hope you maintain this momentum
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by qanda: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
Ok
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by mandax: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
IMO STATE NEEDS ANOTHER FEDERAL UNIVERSITY. STATICTICS CAN CONFIRM THIS.
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by Funkybabee(f): 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
What about NOUN palava
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by GOFRONT(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
I pray oo
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by lastmaster(m): 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
Fools at the helm of affairs.
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by Athena4: 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2018
Very funny. The same govt that cannot maintain a University At it's very heart. UniAbuja. A very nonsense school. Gwags people come and tell them as e be o.
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

Hey, who was talking to u in the first place?? If ur that jobless, then get something doing for urself and stop misinterpreting others...
I beg u in the name of ur creator, don't ever in ur entire life mention me again in any of ur post.

See comments. angry

Some of the biggest problems with Nigeria is that many Nigerians are too tribal and partisan. Just few years ago when GEJ littered the whole country with universities, I am very sure that these people I quoted praised him and even campaigned for him using the universities he established as one of their reasons. Now that it is Buhari they love to hate, they are singing different tunes.

@topic, we need to focus on funding the existing universities rather than opening new universities that would be poorly funded. However, this is Nigeria where people hail whoever "establish" or "initiate" a project without giving due credence to those who nurture the project after initiation. In this case, politicians will continue to "establish" universities and "initiate" projects for political reasons. undecided

Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by DoTheNeedful: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=Dukeolumidemans post=72210424][/quote]

I just quoted you again. Go fvck yourself. If you don't want to be mentioned, quit nairaland altogether. This is a public forum. Rubbish undecided
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by Dukeolumidemans(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

I just quoted you again. Go fvck yourself. If you don't want to be mentioned, quit nairaland altogether. This is a public forum. Rubbish undecided

Kid, go play with ur mates am very busy....
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by mechanics(m): 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2018
So they want to abandon uniabuja that needs total overhaul of the system and some of their courses are not fully accredited.
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by AndriaRich(m): 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

See comments. angry

Some of the biggest problems with Nigeria is that many Nigerians are too tribal and partisan. Just few years ago when GEJ littered the whole country with universities, I am very sure that these people I quoted praised him and even campaigned for him using the universities he established as one of their reasons. Now that it is Buhari they love to hate, they are singing different tunes.

@topic, we need to focus on funding the existing universities rather than opening new universities that would be poorly funded. However, this is Nigeria where people hail whoever "establish" or "initiate" a project without giving due credence to those who nurture the project after initiation. In this case, politicians will continue to "establish" universities and "initiate" projects for political reasons. undecided

"You're sure that we praised GEJ"...
Smh!!!

You're a joke...
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by Agugbadin: 4:58am On Oct 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Such a useless waste.

When will the senate pass a law mandating countries to have embassy branches in the South East/South South region?

Why must we all depend on Lagos and Abuja to "internationally survive" when the South South/South East is the source of the nation's wealth.

Nigeria keep turning out have baked graduates, why don't we fund and equip the existing instructions instead of establishing new ones
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by awoluyi(m): 5:21am On Oct 19, 2018
How I wish this Univsersity is parterned after Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).
The type of engineering graduates our universities are producing presently can't lead Nigeria to technological breakthrough. Take it or leave it, it's a known fact that many engineering graduates from our universities have no idea of industrial application of what they are thought in the school simply because the lecturers too lack industrial experience. You may find it difficult to believe that a level 400 electrical/electronics engineering undergraduate can"t discuss with confidence the simple single-phase rectification circuit in his phone handset. You
will cry if you see the quality of hangouts sold to these students. Before crucifixing me for this post, please read about the standard of Indian Institute of Technology and the quality of graduates produced there.
Re: Senate Approves Science And Technology University For FCT by seunmsg(m): 6:20am On Oct 19, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Such a useless waste.

Atiku will open embassy in Enugu and Port Harcourt, right? See thinking for God sake. Sigh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi's Endorsement: Labour Party Asks Other Nigerian Leaders To Emulate Obasanjo / ‘Super Agencies’ Directed To Remit 50% Of Revenue To Federation Account / OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.