Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) (18814 Views)

Elvina Ibru: I Was Raped 10 Years Ago By Armed Robber In My House / Armed Robber In Full Army Kit, Gunned Down During Shootout. Graphic Photos / 2 Brothers Disarm Armed Robber After Gun Failed, Hand Him Over To Police. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by GistMore: 1:05am On Oct 19, 2018
Some workers at Grace and Truth Tabernacle have reportedly disarmed a suspected robber, Samuel Ola, who allegedly invaded the church’s premises in the Magboro end of the Lagos-Ibadan Expresseway, Ogun State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that 37-year-old Ola and his accomplice, identified simply as Aboy, had attempted robbing a motorcyclist when a mob gave them a chase.

While escaping from the robbery scene, Ola reportedly scaled the fence into the church’s compound.

A worker, Agbeni Bamidele, said he was inspecting a construction work on the premises when he saw the suspect acting suspicious.

The 55-year-old said when he interrogated him, he claimed to be a worker on the site.

He said, “I saw him very close to the staircase that the labourers were casting. I asked who he was and he said he was an iron worker. I am into iron works and I know I kept only two people on the site before I left that morning, but I never doubted him. When I saw my brother, Sunday Ilesanmi, I asked how many of them were on the site, and he said three.

“I told him to check the man downstairs if he was among the workers. While he (Ilesanmi) was interrogating him, I got down through the staircase at the back because I was suspicious of him. When Sunday challenged him, I heard him saying that he was a carpenter, which was different from what he told me. When I observed that he wanted to hurt my brother, I quickly grabbed him and we started fighting. I never knew that he had a gun, which he wanted to take, until we pinned him down.”

Ilesanmi, an iron bender in the church, said he saw the suspect changing to a church member’s clothes when Bamidele told him (Ilesanmi) to verify his identity.

The suspect, Ola, said harsh economic condition turned him to an armed robber, adding that he had stolen about 50 motorcycles.

The Ogun State indigene said he ran into the church for safety.

He said, “I have been stealing for the past four years and I have stolen over 50 motorcycles. My gang member, Aboy, and I were about snatching a motorcycle from someone when people started chasing us. I scaled the fence to hide inside the compound. I have never killed anybody in my life.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that a security guard at the church, Peter Okwandu, had earlier apprehended the second suspect, Aboy.

He said, “I was at the gate when I saw people pursuing Aboy around 1pm. I saw as he ran across the expressway and jumped into a swamp. I heard people shouting thief, I removed my slippers and pursued him. I grabbed him and handed him over to the police. I never knew that his accomplice (Ola) had entered the church premises.”

The librarian of the church, Patrick Osagie, said Ola was the fifth criminal suspect to enter into the church.

He noted that past experiences made the church to hire a security guard to monitor the premises.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, adding that the suspects had been transferred to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad.

Oyeyemi said, “A locally-made gun was recovered from them. On interrogation, they said they were recently released from prison and that they were only trying to make ends meet. They said they usually take stolen motorcycles to Benin Republic. We want to believe that they are members of a syndicate and we want to get other members of their gang.”

News via Gistmore : http://gistmore.com/church-guard-workers-disarm-armed-robber-ogun-photo

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by GistMore: 1:05am On Oct 19, 2018
cool
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by YOUNGELDER1(m): 2:08am On Oct 19, 2018
Oju Ole re o shocked

3 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by chiommy123(f): 2:24am On Oct 19, 2018
they recently came out from prison and they are going back there again. Nigeria prisons makes you a hardened criminal

5 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by chiommy123(f): 2:26am On Oct 19, 2018
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Groovenaija360(m): 2:36am On Oct 19, 2018
IF NOT FOR THE HARDSHIP BUHARI INFLICTED ON NIGERIANS THIS INNOCENT BOY WOULD NEVER HAD DONE THIS.

BUHARI DESERVE NO VOTE AT ALL, APC ZOMBIES GET SENSE NOW, RECIEVE SENSE NOW.

VOTE BUHARI OUT AND CHANGE NIGERIA FROM CAPSIDING

ATIKULATING NIGERIA IS THE BEST OPTION.

FINALLY WHEN WE HERE THAT THE DULLARD IS OUT cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by speedyGonzales: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2018
Serves him right!

see hin face like a Lifeless supporter

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by nyovest300(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2018
NOW THIS IS WHAT WE CALL OKPOROKO TIEING

2 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by thesicilian: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2018
. ok
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Holadokun(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2018
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by kelexray(m): 10:42am On Oct 19, 2018
hmmmm village people shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by speedyGonzales: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2018
okay, but we want our corrupt politicians in that positions too

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2018
See hand, if he uses this one for slapping, eh
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 19, 2018
Afonja at it again grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by DaFlash: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2018
DaFlash:
grin
hater spotted
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2018
Dis name mak me 2remember my frd olanma grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 19, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:
Oju Ole re o shocked

Ole
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by 1Nation4all(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2018
OLAniyi OLAnike

3 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Olatundextd(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2018
DaFlash:
grin
I things everyone here is mumu like you.. See the color of the table. Na same ...sir werey of the month
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by bencr7: 10:53am On Oct 19, 2018
razy75:
Afonja at it again grin grin grin grin
u na don come again
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by dykedarlyn(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2018
From iron worker to carpenter; next he would claim to be the owner of the church
Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by madapcmod: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2018
Samuel OLAniyi

Olagokwa niyi

2 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Born2Breed(f): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by tossie101(f): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2018
Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Church Guard, Workers Disarm Armed Robber In Ogun (photo) by Iseedfuture(m): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2018
Thank God. Him cup don full.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Born Baby Found Wrapped In Nylon Bag & Dumped In Argungu, Kebbi (Pics) / Deaf, Dumb Bus-Driver Arrested In Lagos / Thugs Beat Mother, Smash Baby Against The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.