Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? (14206 Views)

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) / Name One Thing You Are Addicted To, Someone May Help You Out / What Are You Addicted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Sucuidalthought: 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2018
MrDojo:

Op, please follow this advice. I can say 99.9% of the steps written here worked for me.

OK brah

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Sucuidalthought: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
You can drop your number, will call you later.

I have sent you a mail
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by U2ice(m): 1:03pm On Oct 19, 2018
But you doing well na at least you de 300l..if you die now wetin you gain
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by dessz(m): 1:23pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:

The secret behind u abstaining from it
I found a work and resolved myself neva to play. If I hv time to waste I waste it on mobile games
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by oyeb15: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
nnaeyes6:

I guess rightly MASTURBATION!
Most youth are into it now so just sleep where two of three people sleep, it will help u to be conscious of urself.

u'. which 'you'. beta speak for yourself only dude
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by femi4: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:
I really need ur advices, coz i am thinking of taking my life my self if I can't get over this stuff by 5pm today...

I am a student of a public university in Nigeria,
300l economics,
I am addicted to gambling (bet9ja virtual to be precise), I have tried many times to stop this stuff but it is not working out, and is putting me into debts...

I just need ur advices coz I am fed up with life because of this virtual...

I know taking my life is not the best answer but at least, is gonna to save me from seeing the disgrace I have brought to my self and parents...

Fenks in anticipation..

You stop an habit by starting a new habit. Get a new habit
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by nnaeyes6: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2018
oyeb15:

do u steal?
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Martinez19(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:
I really need ur advices, coz i am thinking of taking my life my self if I can't get over this stuff by 5pm today...

300l economics,
I am addicted to gambling (bet9ja virtual to be precise), I have tried many times to stop this stuff but it is not working out, and is putting me into debts...

I know taking my life is not the best answer but at least, is gonna to save me from seeing the disgrace I have brought to my self and parents...

Fenks in anticipation..

Only those who have been deep in addiction for a long time can accurately grasp the misery and hopelessness it bestows on the addicted. Addiction requires great exertion of willpower to overcome the craving and urge to indulge in your addiction. It also requires consistency and persistency to avoid any future relapse. It's a life long battle. The fact that you overcame the urge today doesn't mean you will not get it tomorrow, so you have to fight for as long as you live because you mind, once and for all, has been exposed to the addictive experience of gambling and it would take good resistance, from time to time, to combat it.

Here are the steps to take:
1) Decide to never return to your gambling habits and you must mean it.
2) Be willing to give it all it takes to resist gambling.

1) & 2) are not enough as it is easy to decide to do them when the cravings are not there at the time only to fall when the cravings become intense. The main work that is instrumental in kicking your habit comes after you have decided to follow 1) & 2). That main work occurs immediately the cravings set in. No many how many times the cravings come, you must take it step by step and willfully reject them. It's not a walk in the park but it's very achievable if you are serious about it. Gambling addiction is so destructive to many that you can earn a lot but have nothing to show for it and be swimming in debt.

You are lucky that your case isn't that of substance abuse hence I would have included you visited a therapist who will decide, depending on the seriousness of your withdrawal, whether you go cold turkey or taper off. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Martinez19(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2018
oyeb15:

How that monicker JUST concluded that you are addicted to masturbation beats my imagination.
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by oyeb15: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2018
Martinez19:
How that monicker JUST concluded that you are addicted to masturbation beats my imagination.

it surprise me o. 'oyamilenoo' like olamide
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by tunary(m): 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
If you are very very serious to quit you won't be asking this question
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by tatawesome(f): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2018
God bless you. I just downloaded 3books.
Can we be "reading" friends. @tataleftie on Twitter. We can exchange contacts from there. Thanks

Neyova:
As you are a student, I want to recommend a book for you to read.

The power of Habits by Charles Duhigg

It will help you a lot. You can download the PDF format on pdfdrive.net.
Save yourself with just 2mb
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by buksolowe: 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2018
consider accepting Jesus in to your life, He is the only one that help you break the power of any addiction of all sorts, He delivered me from the shackels of masturbation
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by fozagup: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
haa bros just make up your mind ni ooo
gambling is deadly oo,remember my school days

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from MOTION GRAPHICS Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

shocked[b]NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE[/b]

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by toprealman: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:

I have sent you a mail
wont get it.
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by atomicbomb111: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2018
GoTV:
sad who is this fool You even had to create a sympathetic moniker so probably people can PM you to render financial assistance so you won't kill yourself. Did bet9ja place a gun to your head that you must gamble by force? Haven't you heard of responsible Gaming You are not really addicted as you make it seem cos if truly you would have sold your phone to stake on virtuals and have no means to create this nonsense thread sad

Stop Judging he's only asking for help
Only those who have being there can relate
Have u been addicted to smth before? If yes hw do u feel then. If no kindly jump to the next post if you have nothing better to offer

Av been there and i know how it feels( used my school fees several time) so one dayi was listening to a radio station and the presenter said------" there is no difference between a mad man and a gambler". A mad man who was given a couple of naira notes and he decides to throw it away or tear it and a gambler who gamble with a certain amount of money but lost it are all thesame.
It got me thinking and i started pulling out of gambling (not completely tho but i was able to stop virtual)
Now i only play weekend games just for the fun of it(once in a while)

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Sucuidalthought: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
toprealman:
wont get it.

I can't stop d number here
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by LaJose78(m): 4:29pm On Oct 19, 2018
Bro av been in ur shoes b4. The moment u stop seeing betting as a way of getting rich dts whn ull stop getting addicted to it. I also bet but I dnt do virtual cos to me virtual playing is d quickest way to get bankrupt. virtual is a progrmmed stuff....if you win na luck. So as a lover of football, betting won't be easy to quit bt u can control it. Even d rich ppl bet, bt see it as fun.

Try betting whn u feel if can win or better still bet on weekends only.

dnt chase after ur loss cos dts d easiest way to get bankrupt nd depressed.

Bet wht u can afford to lose.

Don't see it as a poverty alleviation scheme, instead bet 4 fun.

Virtual is easy to quit whn u make up ur mind bro. Gud luck

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2018
Started playing games and stopped biting my nails.
Currently playing Dying Light
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by ClassiqueMan: 5:32pm On Oct 19, 2018
GoTV:
sad who is this fool You even had to create a sympathetic moniker so probably people can PM you to render financial assistance so you won't kill yourself. Did bet9ja place a gun to your head that you must gamble by force? Haven't you heard of responsible Gaming You are not really addicted as you make it seem cos if truly you would have sold your phone to stake on virtuals and have no means to create this nonsense thread sad

I wonder ooo....
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Jaytecq(m): 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2018
oluwaflames7:

fool

U are very correct about yourself.
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2018
tatawesome:
God bless you. I just downloaded 3books.
Can we be "reading" friends. @tataleftie on Twitter. We can exchange contacts from there. Thanks

I don't use twitter actually. But you can reach me on whatsapp.

Thanks.
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Abcruz(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:

300l economics,

Fenks in anticipation..

Pls do not take the precious life that God has given to you. For in this, you have chosen to send your soul to eternal torment in the pit of hell.

First you must quit watching football in order to kill the passion that fuels the addiction.

Secondly, quit entering betshops.
Be mindful that your friends are not also players of such. If they are, disconnect from them slowly because they have the capacity to lure you back through stories of how they won.

Thirdly, replace it with another productive habit. Pick up the word of God, read, meditate and pray with it daily and you will be completely free.

Remember that Jesus is the only one who can set you free from this bondage. So accept Him into your life and He will totally transform you.
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by toprealman: 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:

I can't stop d number here
kk
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by crunchyg: 9:15pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:

300l economics,

Fenks in anticipation..
Hello bros I hope you are OK by now after all the wonderful advice you got from wonderful people of this forum, please never think suicide as an option because your creator will not forgive you for that, and that hell fire ooo

Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by marvinsync(m): 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
Sucuidalthought:

300l economics,

Fenks in anticipation..

lol we can't make u stop and no matter what advice we give u to stop or how to stop overall you'll still have to stop by yourself

but guy lets be real with ourselves , if u die no one cares, another wasted soul of the planet , ur family will cry and get over it in one year max

if you get tired of life u can go ahead and die infact that might be the wisest thing in ur situation

BUT , if u Choose to live then u must be willing to fight , everyone is struggling to make a place for themselves in this life .

so u can kill ur self but aren't u curious as to who wins 2019 election?
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 19, 2018
Jaytecq:
A man told me: "Anything you don't have power over or you can't stop is SPIRITUAL"
Those words have helped me and those i talked too about addiction.
So naija's problem is spiritual
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Tatarison(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2018
Bet9ja is a career to most Nigerian youths. You'll finally stop when you lose your school fee to it
Re: How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? by Jaytecq(m): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2018
Four40:
So naija's problem is spiritual
Don't go out of context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Lessons 2018 Taught You? / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / Lagos Environmental Task Force Denies Involvement In The Death Of Man In Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.