Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From (862 Views)

Pictures From 2019 Buhari's Rally In Anambra, Yet He Couldn't 10% Votes / 2019: Buhari Is A Dictator, We’ll Not Keep Quiet – Amaechi / 2019: Buhari Will Definitely Lose In Kano, Kwankwaso Replies Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by mrakeli62: 9:08am On Oct 19, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that pregnant women and ordinary Nigerians will vote him back to power in 2019 election.

Buhari said he was not hoping to get any vote from the “big men” because they don’t come out to vote during elections.

The President also said that he would perform better if given another opportunity.

Buhari further stated that he had warned the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the security agencies to ensure that every vote counts in 2019.

He said he instructed them that all Nigerians must be allowed to vote whoever they want without harassment.

NAN reports that Buhari spoke on Thursday during an interactive session with a select group of Nigerian professionals based in the United States and Canada.

Buhari said he recognised that Nigerians in the diaspora were talented people and called on them to come to the support of the country, particularly, in education.

The president also said that he was not slow as some people had assumed, saying he was trying to follow the law, especially as democracy is different from military rule.

He recalled that he put people in Kirikiri Maximum Prison in Lagos when he was a military head of state and then ensured they remained in custody until they were able to prove themselves innocent.

Buhari, however, said his administration was making progress but had to go by the law assuring that “if I win the next election and I survive the next four years, I will do better”.

He also recounted his experience in politics saying that he suffered electoral corruption from 2013 when he started contesting for the presidency and had at each point, pursued the case up to the Supreme Court but lost.

“I’m always conscious of the ordinary people because they are the ones that always vote for me. A lot of big men have no time to go and queue on the line for hours.

“There were even pregnant women who were on the line for hours and they delivered. They are my constituencies; they always vote for me,” Buhari said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/2019-buhari-reveals-where-his-votes.html

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by izombie(m): 9:10am On Oct 19, 2018
Same script since 2015. Buhari is on repeat mode since 2015. He never says anything meaningful. God! Is this really nigerias president? Pregnant women and big men. Buhari is just daft to be honest. No wonder he mostly speaks when he's reading from a script. Anyways, i wonder how many zombies will be pregnant next year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by TheOdd1sOut: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2018
mrakeli62:
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that pregnant women and ordinary Nigerians will vote him back to power in 2019 election.

Buhari said he was not hoping to get any vote from the “big men” because they don’t come out to vote during elections.

The President also said that he would perform better if given another opportunity.

Buhari further stated that he had warned the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the security agencies to ensure that every vote counts in 2019.

He said he instructed them that all Nigerians must be allowed to vote whoever they want without harassment.

NAN reports that Buhari spoke on Thursday during an interactive session with a select group of Nigerian professionals based in the United States and Canada.

Buhari said he recognised that Nigerians in the diaspora were talented people and called on them to come to the support of the country, particularly, in education.

The president also said that he was not slow as some people had assumed, saying he was trying to follow the law, especially as democracy is different from military rule.

He recalled that he put people in Kirikiri Maximum Prison in Lagos when he was a military head of state and then ensured they remained in custody until they were able to prove themselves innocent.

Buhari, however, said his administration was making progress but had to go by the law assuring that “if I win the next election and I survive the next four years, I will do better”.

He also recounted his experience in politics saying that he suffered electoral corruption from 2013 when he started contesting for the presidency and had at each point, pursued the case up to the Supreme Court but lost.

“I’m always conscious of the ordinary people because they are the ones that always vote for me. A lot of big men have no time to go and queue on the line for hours.

“There were even pregnant women who were on the line for hours and they delivered. They are my constituencies; they always vote for me,” Buhari said.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/2019-buhari-reveals-where-his-votes.html
if you like you photocopy your votes. You this lifeless animal will go back to daura with you hypocritical family.
Can you imagine? He called us ORDINARY NIGERIANS. To him we are just ordinary. It shows how low he holds Nigerians in terms of esteem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by amaniro: 9:13am On Oct 19, 2018
cheesy

Am back from my ban, to the moderator that banned me how market?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by TheOdd1sOut: 9:13am On Oct 19, 2018
amaniro:
cheesy

Am back from my ban, to the moderator that banned me how market?
them go ban you now and your eye go clear

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by Maxymilliano(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2018
“I think it misses the point to say that President Buhari is as popular as he was in 2015, because he is not.

“When the PDP ran their presidential primaries, a lot of big Northerners were there; people like Kwankwaso, Lamido, Dankwambo, Tambuwal, Makarfi, and others.

“In any case, President Buhari will not expect to win the North-West and become Nigeria’s president because he has taken part in four elections, this will be his fifth.

“The only time he won was when (Bola) Tinubu made the foolish mistake of bringing him to the South. Now, what will happen is that we will send him back to the North. The North alone can’t make him president; he has to have national appeal.

So, I can tell you for free that President Buhari is not going to win the North-Central. He is not going to win the South-West; he is not going to win the South-East, and he is not going to win the South-South. So, I don’t know where his votes will come from. If it is going to come from the North-West, that is fine.

“Completely, President Buhari has no goodwill left. All the euphoria that was felt, I didn’t feel it because I have always known his background.

“There was a huge euphoria of change that former President Goodluck Jonathan had not done well; that he presided over a highly corrupt government, and Buhari was the Mr. Clean, Mr. Integrity, and he will fix things. But that has not happened.

“On the contrary, Nigeria is broken politically, strategically, morally, and a completely bankrupt country. Poverty level has grown, 85 million Nigerians are extremely poor, we have now become the poverty capital of the world.

“So, the euphoria of 2015 is certainly not the euphoria of 2019, and that is why, personally, I am unable to support his campaign to remain in office.

... OLISA AGBAKOBA
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by Jaguntemmy(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2018
TheOdd1sOut:
if you like you photocopy your votes. You this lifeless animal will go back to daura with you hypocritical family.
Can you imagine? He called us ORDINARY NIGERIANS. To him we are just ordinary. It shows how low he holds Nigerians in terms of esteem
abeg wetin he for call na
extraodinary Nigerians

afterall you will say the common man is suffering, what is the big differnce between common and ordinary
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by TheOdd1sOut: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2018
Jaguntemmy:

abeg wetin he for call na
extraodinary Nigerians

afterall you will say the common man is suffering, what is the big differnce between common and ordinary
speak for yourself. I am not ordinary
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by Mordson: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2018
Delusions of grandeur!
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2018
"The president also said that he was not slow as some people had assumed, saying he was 'TRYING' to follow the law, especially as democracy is different from military rule."".

In my own understanding of English language once someone says he's trying it simple means he isn't succeeding and his effort has been fruitless
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by Omeokachie: 10:14am On Oct 19, 2018
"He also recounted his experience in politics saying that he suffered electoral corruption from 2013 when he started contesting for the presidency and had at each point, pursued the case up to the Supreme Court but lost."

Man is too old to remember that he started contesting for presidency in 2003 and his running mate then was the late Chuba Okadigbo.

You must be crazy to entrust your future in the care of a man who cannot remember such details about his own political history! grin
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 19, 2018
Shehu Shagari that you imprisoned, what was his offence

But I'm very sure the Buhari I know didn't say all these offhand, he sure had a written script in front of him
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by sirjentul05(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2018
even arsene wenger knows where Buhari's votes will come from, it's from his cows na in daura

#mr Jentul#
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by baliyubla: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
Useless dullard.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by mycar: 12:15pm On Oct 19, 2018
Since it has been established that Buhari is not in charge of this government. Can APC tell us who our president is?
I don't want hear Buhari name because the man did not know that the IGP he sent to Benue did not go and nothing has happened to him since then even when the man transmitted transmission to him.
Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by speedyGonzales: 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2018
from grave yard... the lifeless will summon the zombies

Re: 2019: Buhari Reveals Where His Votes Will Come From by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2018
Your vote will come from the lifeless and your cows because your love for them is undeniable..

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars / Buhari Visit Wounded Nigerian Army In Borno (photo) / APC Loses Former Deputy Speaker To PDP In Nasarawa State Ahead Of 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.