Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars (879 Views)

There Will Be Jail Time For Employers Who Don't Pay New Minimum Wage - FG / Only AGF, EFCC Can Prosecute Me For N1.38billion Bribe" Ganduje To Kano Gov't / Nigerians Ask Ganduje To Resign Over November Fresh ‘Bribery Video’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by Danma(m): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2018
GANDUJE RISKS OVER 170 YEARS IMPRISONMENT, PAYMENT OF 30 MILLION DOLLARS IF FOUND GUILTY
As we continue to watch videos claiming to show Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State receiving bribe totaling to $5 million, I briefly highlight here the offenses that might have been committed by the embattled governor and the sentences he may faced if found guilty.
Ganduje can be charged under several laws including the Penal Code Laws of Kano State, the EFCC Act and the ICPC Act. Each of these laws codify different, albeit similar, offenses and prescribe different punishments. I will only take the ICPC Act here.
If Ganduje is investigated, charged and ultimately convicted under ICPC Act, he risks being jailed for up to 170 years. He may also pay at least 30 million dollars as compensation and fine. Let me break this down.
First, if the allegations are proved, Ganduje has committed the offence of Asking Bribe under Section 8 of the ICPC Act and may, upon conviction, be imprisoned for a period of 7 years. This is because the man who shot the video told Daily Nigerian that Ganduje demanded him and others to pay the sum alleged as his "kickbacks" for the contracts he awarded them.
Secondly, apart from asking bribe, Receiving Bribe is a distinct offence under section 8 of the ICPC Act. If, as shown in the video, Ganduje was receiving bribe, he would be punished, if found guilty, with another 7 years in prison.
Thirdly, from the videos and the published allegations, Ganduje could be charged for the offense of Official Gratification. If found guilty, he might be sent to 5 years in prison without option of fine under section 19 of the ICPC Act.
Fourthly, Ganduje could be charged for the offense of “Bribery for giving assistance in regard to contract” under section 22 of the ICPC Act, upon conviction, he may be jailed for a period of 7 years.
Fifthly, Daily Nigerian claimed that it has at least 9 different videos in which Ganduje was shown receiving bribe. If shot on different occasions, each of these videos constitute a separate and distinct charge carrying a separate and distinct punishment in law. Thus, he could be charged for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th offences 9 different times and be found guilty and sentenced 9 times. If found guilty he would punished with imprison of 7 x 9 (for the 2nd offence) + 5 x 9 (for the 3rd offence) + 7 x 9 (for the 4th offence) which is equal to 171 years.
Finally, Section 20 of the ICPC Act provides that “Without prejudice to any sentence of imprisonment imposed under this Act, a public officer or other person found guilty of soliciting, offering or receiving gratification shall forfeit the gratification and pay a fine of not less than five times the sum of the value of the
gratification which is the subject-matter of the offence where such gratification is capable of being valued or is of a pecuniary nature, or ten thousand naira, whichever is higher.”
This means, upon conviction, Ganduje could be ordered to refund the 5 million dollars he allegedly received as compensation and be made to pay not less than 5 times the value of the total of the received gratification. That’s 5 million dollars multiplied by 5 which is 25 million dollars.
Audu Bulama Bukarti
02/11/2018

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by CodeTemplar: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2018
Gandollar has constitutional and sharia immunity.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by mrjaydee(m): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2018
If I hear say he go jail..

1 Like

Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by ChroniclesNg(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2018
Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by Kennedy94(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2018
the evidence are everywhere
But wait EFCC haven't said anything on this issue since had it been it was someone from the opposition the table would have been shaken...
This is corruption at the very high..

Get your btc and rmb with us check my siggy

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by princechurchill(m): 10:20am On Nov 03, 2018
The fact that Efcc and Icpc with police department have not started investigation over this scandal tells you all about Mr Lifeless and corruption crusade

Buhari you are a disgrace to your cows

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by richidinho(m): 11:18am On Nov 03, 2018
One gandollar $ = 360 naira

1 Like

Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by Gandollar(f): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2018
richidinho:
One gandollar $ = 360 naira
I could cost more... depends on the market
Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by Gandollar(f): 3:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Gandollar has constitutional and sharia immunity.
I also am an annoited and special son who can deliver 5m votes to any politician.
Re: Ganduje To Be Jail For 170 Year, Payment Of 30 Million Dollars by Gandollar(f): 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2018
Nobody can send me to jail! I'm the apple of buhari's eyes.

(1) (Reply)

Why Rochas Wants His Son In-law To Succeed Him - TOE Ekechi / 2019: Two Traditional Rulers Suspended For Organising Prayers For Buhari / New Year: Nnamdi Kanu Speaks On 2019 Presidential Election, Jubril Of Sudan, Ope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.