Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,349 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:44 AM

Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 (759 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Nigerian Sites And The Lack Of Contact Forms / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by zogo(m): 6:22pm On Jul 15, 2010
Hi Room mates, i have a little apeal to make here plz. am learning web design with frontpage. i actually ran into few small problems.
1. After creating my pages, contact page, about us page, i linked them up, but i need to know hw to make such that when i click on Contact Page for instance, i need to also see my link to other pages. i.e. or when i clik on contact page, will i use the back arrow button my browser to go back to home page? i think, when i click on a particular page, i should see other page buttons like home, contact, faq, so i click to return. pls help me.

2. secondly, how do i create a form space in my frontpage site? i mean creating a box/space where i can get readers email and names (i.e. to build list from my site)

I will be glad if u can give me a guide to these problem. Tenx for adding to my knowledge!
Gideon
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by zogo(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2010
pls i need ur help on these issues pls. i hav not gotten response frm u.
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 16, 2010
contact me on my email ssanhinho@yahoo.com so i can tell u all u've got to do
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by DualCore1: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2010
zogo:

Hi Room mates, i have a little apeal to make here plz. am learning web design with frontpage.

I don't know how to give you directions on using frontpage but here's my little suggestion.
If you want to learn webdesign, start from the beginning and learn it as it should be learned.

The foundation is HTML, learn that. Go on to CSS and then learn Javascript or how to use a Javascript library.

Let me tell you my story, would be brief i'm in the middle of Naruto  tongue
I'm a hardware techie, that was my passion from the start. In my adventures, I came across Microsoft Frontpage. I used one of the themes to create a page and it had a video, I was very happy and showed my brother. At this point I knew nothing about web sites or how they are built. My brother got a webdesign job for me and I used one of Frontpage's templates to build it, it was so crappy that the company brought in police cuz I had spent the 50k on part of my school fees and I couldnt deliver a good job. At this point I had started studying at NIIT at Kaduna Street (you should know it since u're in PH). So I saw a CD with someone (who is now a Java developer in Asia), the CD had the label "MX Studio". Asked the dude what it was and he told me it was for sites. I borrowed it and installed Macromedia Fireworks and Dreamweaver. Dang it was fascinating. I could come up with a few images in fireworks and export to dreamweaver. I gained mastery over both software and thought that was it. I began building sites by tweaking any of the numerous boiler plate templates I had. I stole most of those templates from NIIT in one of my normal raids on their network (it was easy as I came from a hardware background). Well that's how it was until I joined Nairaland in 2006 and watched things. I began to see codes, codes I didnt care about before. I was just content with exporting "Fireworks HTML" to dreamweaver because I just couldnt drag 'n' drop things in Dreamweaver. So. . . wait this story has gotten long already.

See, learn from my mistakes. I started the wrong way and wont want to see you do the same. Learn web design/development in the following order

xhtml > css > javascript > php & mysql

Gain mastery over these and you're good to go with any software you choose to use in your web development.

I will recommend you start your reading from www.w3schools.com

K, back to my Naruto. Ciao

LoL @ "room mates". Wish we had female roommates here cheesy
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by quadrillio(m): 11:07am On Jul 16, 2010
@dual core, nice one pal I wouldn't ve said it better.

@poster, if you've done it the right way, it will be easy for you to get help.

- SAFE.
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by zogo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2010
@ Dual core, I really appreciate your experience. actually my question is very straight. want is want is that i need to create a one page site with frontpage, then add a signup box below the page where visitors to my site can enter thier email address and name. also when then enter thier name and email into the database of my site, how can i recive these email. Visit this site to see exactly what i mean. http://www.allyouneeded.com/z/

secondly, i linked my pages together, but when i click on "Contact Us" page  for instance, i dont see a the navigation bar to direct me back to "home page". pls hw do i solve this linking problem. tenx
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2010
@Poster, Even if you create a form, you need another language not Frontpage to make it functional, So just follow simple advice from Dual!
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by ajaxphp7: 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2010
Dual Core is a Mentor. You should look at for, I expect you to have learn't something from his story.
Just try to begin from scratch like he Dual core advised. Begin with xHtml, Css, then Php and Myql which will make your form interactive.
Dual Core more grease to your elbow. I like your advise in Nairaland.
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by zogo(m): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2010
@Donpuzo, nice advise. but the fact is that i really need to sample few products with the one page site. pls somebody help me. actually i hav been able to sort out the page linking aspect, but the problem now is how to create a form and have a database to recieve email frm my site visitors. @ Dual core, pls sir, can u give a guide on this. tenx sir.
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2010
@zogo, it is usually sent to an email, As in you receive the email and details in your email,

Example if you have a contact form, you want users to enter their email and message, It's better if those details are sent to your email, Although it is possible to enter a DB.

Do you have a database setup Do you know how to create one What Database are you thinking of imploring

When these questions are answered i think i can proffer help!
Re: Creating Forms with frontapage 2003 by zogo(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2010
@ Donpuzo, nice lecture from you again. anyway, i think the email database will be fine though. but i dont even know how to create the form yet and then hw to create the database. tenx

(1) (Reply)

Have Your Website Submitted To Thousands Of Directories. Free For A Limited Time / What Will It Cost? / Я извлек все пароли с этого форума

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.