Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Proven Tips To Increase Your Bible Study Habit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proven Tips To Increase Your Bible Study Habit (713 Views)

Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible? / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here / Is Your Bible A Sword Or A Butter Knife? Why You Need The King James Version (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proven Tips To Increase Your Bible Study Habit by kozamsi(f): 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
As young Christians, we then to be carried away with living a normal life of meeting end means that our relationship with God begins to suffer. We get out of bed every day in a rush because we have to meet deadlines, beat traffic and hustle like we say in Nigeria here and totally forget about studying our Bible. Our excuse is that Grace abounds and God would certainly understand that we are so busy doing whatever we are doing that spending 30-60 minutes with him is almost impossible. We now see studying the Bible as a chore that we do grumbling and not as an avenue to foster a relationship with our maker.

Sometimes ago, I had an understanding that totally changed my perspective about studying my Bible and I can’t seem to recover from the experience. Having a consistent Bible Study time is like having a regular schedule to communicate with someone that you love. As busy as you might seem, you always find out time to develop a relationship with that person you love. The interesting thing is, you never find such time as wasted or boring because you are doing it to understand the person and develop the relationship. Until we begin to look at studying our Bible from that perspective, we might continue to struggle with it and see it as a chore.
Create A Bible Colour Code

I really love this tip and I’m excited about spilling my little secret. When I started using the You Version Bible App, I really loved that I could highlight the Bible with different colours and it made me look forward to my study time. To make things easy for me, I decided to develop a colour code for each section of the life that a passage was addressing. Here is an example of the colour code I created for my on use. You can download it by long pressing the photo and use it too.
https://kozdiaries./2018/09/28/proven-personal-bible-tips-you-should-try/

(1) (Reply)

Does God Really Support Any Religion? / My Daily Thanks Giving To God / The Challenges Of The 21st Century Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.