Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,839 members, 7,956,163 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

Ozodi Osuji: African Mind. Why We Must Pity Ourselves. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozodi Osuji: African Mind. Why We Must Pity Ourselves. (212 Views)

Peter Obi: "Soludo Is A Betrayer Of The Igbo Nation" - Prof. Osuji / Buhari Receives Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of ICC / Buhari Hosted By Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ozodi Osuji: African Mind. Why We Must Pity Ourselves. by ndavengers: 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ozodi Osuji: African Mind. Why We Must Pity Ourselves.

Nwabueze Nwaokolo: I see you as a younger sister hence often talk to you as I talk to my actual relatives, honestly. In that light, I am frustrated with Nigerians and Africans inability to govern themselves right.
I do not feel that Africans should be running away from their fallen house and running to houses that other people built right, Europe and North America. I tend to feel that they ought to stay in Africa and form revolutionary groups and take over their governments and improve them.

With resolute determination, true leaders could emerge in, say, Nigeria and do to it what Joseph Stalin did to primitive Russia: use iron fist to develop it in a generation (thirty three years).
You ask me: why don’t I be that African developer of Africa? Good question. I made a mistake. I left Nigeria right from secondary school and essentially grew up in the USA. By the time I was done with graduate schooling and obtained a teaching job, honestly, Africa was not in my mind.

What was in my mind was writing on philosophical and psychological issues; I wanted to make my mark there.
It was years later that I realized that if all African intellectuals ran away from Africa who is going to develop Africa. I guess that I could still return to Africa and do my part to develop it. Actual doers are what Africa needs not mere armchair critiques of what African politicians are doing wrong.

In the meantime, I tend not to like young Africans trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea, some drowning, just so they get to Europe to go do menial jobs for the white man instead of staying in Africa and struggling to make Africa developed.
I tend to see such would be immigrants as cowards (as one sees other people one sees one’s self, in effect, I see me as a coward, never mind).

It is in this light that I tend to want to discourage African and Latino immigrants in the USA. I tend to believe that Latinos from Central America ought to stay in their countries and develop them instead of coming to the USA to do our menial jobs for us (they mostly work on the farms and or mow folk’s lawns and similar non-skilled labor intensive work).
Furthermore, I tend to believe that until Africans govern themselves right and develop Africa that the white man is justified in seeing us as unintelligent; if you cannot develop your land you are unintelligent.

I am sure that you are aware of what is happening at America’s Ivy League universities and top state Universities.
Asians score the highest at the SAT (average Asian score is 1250; average white score is 1150; average black score is 850...our top thirty universities will not look at your application for admission if your SAT score is less than 1450, out of the 1600 possible marks, that rules out just about all black applicants) and have the highest average IQs (average Asian IQ is 115; average white IQ is 100; average black IQ is 85...it takes above average IQ, 120-130...to really make it at our top universities, and superior IQ, anything over 132, to make it as a scientist/ researcher/technologist...which, again, rules out most black folks).

If you admitted students strictly on the basis of merit most of our top thirty universities would be dominated by Asians, with a handful of whites in them and certainly no blacks.

As we speak, in the courts, Asians are suing Harvard (they did it to my Alma Matta, University of California) challenging what they call discriminatory admission system that kept out Asians who generally are more qualified than whites and blacks!
These statistics infuriates folks like me; in fact, it makes me ashamed to be an African! I believe that if Nigeria is well governed there is no reason why our students should be second rate, as they currently are.
Now you see where I am coming from.

Cheers, my lovely sister.

Ozodiobi Osuji

(1) (Reply)

Atiku To Supporters: There Will Be Threats And Insults, Ignore Them… Speak Facts / The Grand Fraud: Buhari/fg, Bureau De Changes And Pilgrimages / Governor Akeredolu's Commitments Thus Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.