Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues (48207 Views)

Oshoala, Ajibade Among The Best Scoring Duos In Europe’s Top 5 Leagues / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Joker In Halloween Costume (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes First Player To Win All Three Major Leagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2018
Greenarrow01:

bro
both messi an ronaldo have similar roles
ronaldo started out as a winger and not a striker
messi is the focal point of barcas attack, the always use the false 9 method and he is their lead stika or what re u going to call it, it was never ibrahimovic, or eto, or suaraz or any other striker, it was simply messi,
'messi has never been a winger or a midfielder both on paper or on the pitch, hes style of play only makes him droip deeper to get more involve in thegame, he is younger so his legs re still fresher, ronaldo is getting older and tends to run less and drible less,
barca had midfielders and messi was never one of them.
xavi and iniesta contributed greatly to who messi is today, much more than modric and marcelo
Ronaldo spends 90 minutes in the box 18 and scores tap ins and celebrates loudly to distract you from the fact that he scored a very cheap goal. Messi nor dey do that kind thing.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by prejezzy78(f): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
herdjerd:
Am not surprise that u retarded and foolishly drained...... U are entitle to ur foikish opinion which takes nothing from tje World best of all time Lionel Messi.......Mumu dey smell

do u ve to insult him
who re this pple���
gosh����
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by olaolaking: 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2018
kodded:

you don't get me

ronaldo started playing professional football from 2002 till present which is over 16 years

while messi started playing professional football from 2004 till present which is over 14 years

......now the main point is that Ronaldo used 16 years to score 400 goals, but you know that messi will likely reach that milestone this year

so in other words what took ronaldo 16 years to reach, it will take messi just 14 years to reach... beat that

.....so who's the GOAT now tongue
That is not the point. The point is that Ronaldo spread his goals across 3 major leagues

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by oxygenlove(m): 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2018
kodded:

you don't get me

ronaldo started playing professional football from 2002 till present which is over 16 years

while messi started playing professional football from 2004 till present which is over 14 years

......now the main point is that Ronaldo used 16 years to score 400 goals, but you know that messi will likely reach that milestone this year

so in other words what took ronaldo 16 years to reach, it will take messi just 14 years to reach... beat that

.....so who's the GOAT now tongue
shey Messi wey go soon retire??
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by bellobee(m): 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2018
Naija where everything is subject to politics
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
Damibiz:
Young man,we are talking about goals across Europe nd not only at Barcelona....dem get eyes but can't see

And Spain is in Africa... Or better still, It is now Catalonia...

Please you guys should look for other valid points, these ones are outdated, or better still refurbish am

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
olaolaking:
That is not the point. The point is that Ronaldo spread his goals across 3 major leagues

True.. My brother... He's a goals machine. But I'd always say it, No other club aside from Barcelona deserves Messi.. He thinks he owes them an obligation and that, he must fulfil. Regardless, he knows the game of football better than anyone else

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2018
oxygenlove:
shey Messi wey go soon retire??

Shebi na you be him Agent... You and Am day see for THAT parlor every night... Abi no be so?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Xkalaban(m): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Believe7:
This are two different players playing different roles..if u wanna talk of who's intelligent and creative..u give dat to Messi..Ronado is jst a goal porscha..don't expect less less from him because of a truth he is a good player..but he's never better than messi..nd remember this are two different players..one is a striker while d other is midfielder.. despite d fact that Messi scores goals doesn't make him a striker..nd else shoud not be compared to messi..

Word

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Evangkatsoulis: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
sirevee:

Talk am again make I hear?

Wetin Ronaldiho and the likes come day play then... Get your facts right jhor and as far as I know the game of football, Ronaldo started as a winger not a midfielder

This shows you know nothing about football!
You don't even know what a midfielder is!
See the attached.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by ifiokjohn(m): 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2018
Michaeljnr225:
Ronaldo is what you'd call fortunate. In terms of pure footballing talent he doesn't measure to messi or any of the greats for that matter.
Point of correction Ronaldo is not fortunate, every thing he has gotten and won he work hard for it.

....To me he is the real Goat!!

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Xkalaban(m): 11:14pm On Oct 20, 2018
darkchild64:
What you would be comparing is goal ratio,not number of goals scored,especially when the gap is not much and of course they didn't start playing football at the same time
If you want to know who is better between the two,goals should not be the sole determinant,goal ratio is even more important, you have to consider other aspects of the game like their ability to create chances andd even the type and quality of goals they have scored,beside that long range shot against FC porto,if I were to pick my 10 favourite goals between messi and ronaldo,messi would have at least 8 goals there,Ronaldo would have like 2

Word

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Believe7(m): 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
Messi only played d false 9 role under Guardiola..nd Guardiola stayed jst 3years if not less b4 he Left..nd remmber, messi's best has always being during Guardiola time..as at then Ronaldo was no where to be found..not until Guardiola..so Ronaldo's success was key to Guardiola leaving Barca..look at messi's remarkable achievements, he did that under Guardiola..nd to put things straight, Ronaldo being played as a winger was jst formalities..because at any point in time he was always found at d Eighteen yard box of his opponent nd never for once from d wing as supposed..out of 311 goal Ronaldo scored for Madrid 247 where in d penalty box 49 where penalties..while d rest he scored from outside d Eighteen..and d likes of modric khidera then and d rest of them were key to his success..no body on Earth can achieve success alone in a task that requires collective contributions..so if u mention xavi and iniesta for Messi then aleast d likes of mesut ozil, angel di Maria and d rest should not be ignored for Ronaldo..

Greenarrow01:

bro
both messi an ronaldo have similar roles
ronaldo started out as a winger and not a striker
messi is the focal point of barcas attack, the always use the false 9 method and he is their lead stika or what re u going to call it, it was never ibrahimovic, or eto, or suaraz or any other striker, it was simply messi,
'messi has never been a winger or a midfielder both on paper or on the pitch, hes style of play only makes him droip deeper to get more involve in thegame, he is younger so his legs re still fresher, ronaldo is getting older and tends to run less and drible less,
barca had midfielders and messi was never one of them.
xavi and iniesta contributed greatly to who messi is today, much more than modric and marcelo

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Xkalaban(m): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
hustla:

You dey mind them. Many of them no watch Gerrard and Totti.. And the likes of Gattuso

Zlatan Ibrahimovic played in well over 5 different leagues and still, they have refused to rate him that highly even though he performed well in all the leagues

And I personally think he Zlatan, is a better footballer than their so called Ronaldo. On and off the pitch too. Youtube is always there to clear their eyes.... If football was all about scoring goals by all means then it would obviously be boring. Do not speak to fools who love to argue bro.....

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

This shows you know nothing about football!
You don't even know what a midfielder is!
See the attached.

Brother, but Ronaldo's name day under defenders na... abi I need glasses

Modified: I don see am well

But your facts are wrong sir... Wait I day come
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Evangkatsoulis: 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2018
sirevee:

Brother, but Ronaldo's name day under defenders na... abi I need glasses

No, you need a telescope. Ronaldo's name was in the category of midfielders, same with giggs, scholes, roy keane.
The category is at the left!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Olifiz(m): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2018
Impregnable1:
c7 to me is presently the most skillful player at this era.....

Is this a joke or what? Ronaldo most skillful hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 20, 2018
shut up... Remember dat Ronaldo started playing 4rm sporting a small team... while Messi has been in Barcelona

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by oxygenlove(m): 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2018
sirevee:

Shebi na you be him Agent... You and Am day see for THAT parlor every night... Abi no be so?
lol.... wait and see o
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2018
Doluseun:

how old are you ?
For you not to know that Cr7 played in 2006 world cup semi final speaks alot about when you've started watching football
am 11
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by DONADAMS(m): 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
tesppidd:
Ronaldo 400 goals in 522 games.
Messi 389 goals in 427 games.
Ťhat's 11 fewer goals in 95 fewer games.

Man pass Man,
Player pass Player!
lol..abeg bring their LA laiga goal stats
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

No, you need a telescope. Ronaldo's name was in the category of midfielders, same with giggs, scholes, roy keane.
The category is at the left!

Brother, CR7 never played a midfield role.. Not in United, not in Sporting, Not in Madrid and definitely not in Juventus... The writer who particularly wrote what you screenshoted made a mistake... Ronaldo started off as a winger, moved on to be a full forward when Carlos Tevez joined ManUtd with Rooney playing subsidiary flanks..

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Evangkatsoulis: 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2018
sirevee:

Brother, CR7 never played a midfield role.. Not in United, not in Sporting, Not in Madrid and definitely not in Juventus... The writer who particularly wrote what you screenshoted made a mistake... Ronaldo started off as a winger, moved on to be a full forward when Carlos Tevez joined ManUtd with Rooney playing subsidiary flanks..
Hahahaha.
That screenshot is the premier league 20 seasons awards to celebrate 20 years of the reformed premier league(1992-2012). They voted the best 11 players with the best players for each position in a 4-4-2.
As you could see, Ronaldo was voted the best right midfielder by both the panel of judges and the public. No argue am.
In tevez's first season, saha, tevez and Rooney were the forwards, nani/giggs played at the left flank and ronaldo at the right in a 4-4-2 formation. Scholes,carrick were the central midfielder with fletcher, hargreaves and anderson options.
So did Rooney play as a right midfielder, or did he replace Nani/giggs at the left? cos he sure as hell wasn't a central midfielder!
Btw ronaldo did not start playing football 2007!
He had been playing as a left/right midfielder in sporting, portugal and man utd since 2001!
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Evangkatsoulis: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2018
sirevee:

Since when did indian quorans Quora become authority on anything. It is just a Q/A website like yahoo answers. I have 10 accounts on quora, and with loads of answers!
Read my above post.
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Akuruoulo(m): 12:26am On Oct 21, 2018
kodded:
you are not even ashame of yourself, which time did ronaldo start playing professional football and when did messi start playing professional football ? undecided
Messi started at the top already , while Ronaldo start at the base . U wan to tell me say who first start suppose be better ,OK. Don't compare them again . Ronaldo is better then

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Abdbaba: 12:32am On Oct 21, 2018
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Akuruoulo(m): 12:35am On Oct 21, 2018
Xkalaban:

And I personally think he Zlatan, is a better footballer than their so called Ronaldo. On and off the pitch too. Youtube is always there to clear their eyes.... If football was all about scoring goals by all means then it would obviously be boring. Do not speak to fools who love to argue bro.....
you are the fool bro . Ronaldo's have been key to his success anywhere he goes . So modric and co should also assist benxema if goal scoring is easy .

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by michony505(m): 12:41am On Oct 21, 2018
tesppidd:

Messi 389 goals in 427 games.

Ťhat's 11 fewer goals in 95 fewer games.

Man pass Man,

Player pass Player!
Not 11 he is on 390 currently

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Akuruoulo(m): 12:41am On Oct 21, 2018
[quote author=DONADAMS post=72271780]lol..abeg bring their LA laiga goal stats[/quot e] Messi played so many years in la liga before the arrival of Cr7, yet he set much records there than ur coward MESSI

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by michony505(m): 12:42am On Oct 21, 2018
!
Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by michony505(m): 12:43am On Oct 21, 2018
Greenarrow01:

sir the 400 goal Ronaldo scored was not from 2002 ooh
the league (Portugal) he played for then is not among the top 5 leagues
you have to start counting from when he started playing for Manu which is same time Messi started playing grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink kiss kiss
Messi 390 goals in 427 games.
Ťhat's 10 fewer goals in 95 fewer games.
Man pass Man,
Player pass Player!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Becomes The First Player To Score 400 Goals Across The Top 5 Leagues by Nobody: 1:03am On Oct 21, 2018
I observed that it is mostly people who don’t play football and girls that that say Ronaldo is the goat. Don’t get it twisted. I respect Ronaldo as one of the world’s best but the things Messi do on the pitch are just too creative and intelligent. You have to be multitalented to play the role given to Messi. One also needs to take into account that these players play different roles. Ronaldo is an attacker. He is voracious goal scorer. Messi plays the false 9 position which is rated the most difficult role in football. You have to be very intelligent and cunning to play the false 9.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maurizio Sarri: My Father, Amerigo, The Only Person Who Can Make Me Quit Smoking / Anthony Joshua Gives Femi Otedola A Gift In London / Flamengo Vs Liverpool: FIFA Club World Cup Final (0 - 1) On 21st December 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.