Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (432064 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Airboy333: 5:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Treasureprince1:
congratulations, you’re almost there
thanks so much last Born...
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 8:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Congrats bro, who get speaker make I connect my phone play Dorime grin
Airboy333:
Good morning to you all I just received my NOA2 just nw Nov 23 filer .. thanks to God Almighty wow so happy to nite please play me Dorime after a long wait ...

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Oh okay
Coquinoqui:

Yes. It was ceac fault they're doing routine maintenance.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
Airboy333:
Good morning to you all I just received my NOA2 just nw Nov 23 filer .. thanks to God Almighty wow so happy to nite please play me Dorime after a long wait ...

Congrats man!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
Airboy333:
thanks so much last Born...
am i still the lastborn? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 7:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Got a mail today from Dk embassy comfirming they received my application, attached with instructions to do medical and book for interview. Apparently they're moving fast here don't know about naija

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lakeside4ng: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2021
House, I just got case status update via case tracker that my case was approved... what next should I be getting myself prepared ahead for ??

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mumdearest: 10:55am On Sep 14, 2021
congratulations!!!!!! how long did it take to get an approval? awaiting approval as well.

lakeside4ng:
House, I just got case status update via case tracker that my case was approved... what next should I be getting myself prepared ahead for ??
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lakeside4ng: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2021
What next after NOA-2?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2021
lakeside4ng:
What next after NOA-2?

Congratulations! Next is NVC phase
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lakeside4ng: 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2021
What should I prepare ahead for the NVC Phase ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamitunposi: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
Hi guys, I thought it would be nice to share my timeline here with y’all, as I’ve been a silent follower of this thread.

We filed December 2019, case was approved and sent to NVC April 2020, but Pandemic delayed us till May 2021 before it reached Lagos embassy.

Here’s my interview transcript and point of entry experience.

I interviewed August 18th 2021.

I got there around past 6am and waited till after 6:30 before they could pass us in.

After getting in, I was called and they asked for my attestation of birth, affidavit of support and tax transcripts, along with all the interview documents( DS160 and the likes). Afterwards she asked me to sit and will be called. Here; the lady asked for my petitioner’s number and asked for my marriage certificate, knowingly on their record that I’ve never been married�.

Interview;

It was a white lady in window 14, she asked me to take an oath and took my finger prints.

Then she asked;

Who petitioned for you?

So tell me how you guys met?

When did you both start talking?

When did you decide on starting a relationship?

When was your first meeting?

Where does your fiancé live?

What does she do?

What’s her job description?

Where is her place of work?

What does her work name means?

Does your fiancé live alone?

Has she ever been married?

Does she have kids?

Have you ever been married?

Have you ever been out of Nigeria?

What country did you visit?

How long did you stayed for?

What were you doing then?

Have you ever been arrested or committed any crime?

What’s your wedding plan?

Where do you plan to live when you get there?

What’s the time difference now?

…….. Your documents looks okay, I will be approving your Visa… Kindly note, you can’t marry in Nigeria while on this Visa and have to marry within 90days of your arrival in the US.

Congratulations and all the best.

By the way, it took 12days for my Visa to be issued.

POE: On getting to the Immigration at the US point of entry, a lady took my packet and passport, after opening the packet, I saw my medical and her tax transcript with our filling documents, then asked where my fiancé is, I told her she’s on her way to pick me up, then she stamped my passport and wrote 1 of 1 entry on the Visa.

After that, she then took me to the waiting room for processing, where I was processed and the immigration officer asked for the address I would be staying, at that point my head went blanked��, I told him the city and state…. But he needed a proper address, thank God I had it saved on my fiancé’s contact in my phone, so I pulled out my phone and showed him…… Then he typed it on the system and returned my passport saying; welcome to the United State Of America, please do enjoy your stay.

Then I left there, only to see my luggages waiting for me to claim them�.

Overall, I didn’t spend 20min with immigration and baggage claim.

PS: @treasureprince, this is Funmi’s fiancé (Anthony, Gina)✌�✌�✌�

9 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mumdearest: 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2021
congratulations and happy married life in advance.

Thanks for sharing.

olamitunposi:
Hi guys, I thought it would be nice to share my timeline here with y’all, as I’ve been a silent follower of this thread.

We filed December 2019, case was approved and sent to NVC April 2020, but Pandemic delayed us till May 2021 before it reached Lagos embassy.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2021
olamitunposi:

I got there around past 6am and waited till after 6:30 before they could pass us in.

After getting in, I was called and they asked for my attestation of birth, affidavit of support and tax transcripts, along with all the interview documents( DS160 and the likes). Afterwards she asked me to sit and will be called. Here; the lady asked for my petitioner’s number and asked for my marriage certificate, knowingly on their record that I’ve never been married�.

Interview;

It was a white lady in window 14, she asked me to take an oath and took my finger prints.

Then she asked;

Who petitioned for you?

What does she do?

Does she have kids?

…….. Your documents looks okay, I will be approving your Visa… Kindly note, you can’t marry in Nigeria while on this Visa and have to marry within 90days of your arrival in the US.

POE: On getting to the Immigration at the US point of entry, a lady took my packet and passport, after opening the packet, I saw my medical and her tax transcript with our filling documents, then asked where my fiancé is, I told her she’s on her way to pick me up, then she stamped my passport and wrote 1 of 1 entry on the Visa.

After that, she then took me to the waiting room for processing, where I was processed and the immigration officer asked for the address I would be staying, at that point my head went blanked��, I told him the city and state…. But he needed a proper address, thank God I had it saved on my fiancé’s contact in my phone, so I pulled out my phone and showed him…… Then he typed it on the system and returned my passport saying; welcome to the United State Of America, please do enjoy your stay.

see my guy!!!!!! I’ll be calling you tomorrow, welcome to the United states brother
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by corporateDan(m): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2021
olamitunposi:

Interview;

Then she asked;

Who petitioned for you?

What does she do?

Does she have kids?

congratulations
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by cutedharmee: 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
olamitunposi:

Interview;

Then she asked;

Who petitioned for you?

What does she do?

Does she have kids?

Pls sir can I mail you? I've got some questions to ask you sir
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by RubyOgex(f): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please guys, my first time to post here. My man planned on visiting me here in Nigeria, and he's talking about engagement. We have been together for 5months.. I love him so so much cox he's every woman's dream. Does age gap really matter wen it comes to love and visa approval? He's 48 and I'm 26, 22yrs gap.. He hasn't been married before but he has 2 adult children but I'm still older than them. Thanks as you reply
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamitunposi: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2021
cutedharmee:

Pls sir can I mail you? I've got some questions to ask you sir

If it’s concerning K1, I’d advice to put out the questions here, so everyone can contribute and for the benefits of future readers.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamitunposi: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2021
RubyOgex:
Please guys, my first time to post here. My man planned on visiting me here in Nigeria, and he's talking about engagement. We have been together for 5months.. I love him so so much cox he's every woman's dream. Does age gap really matter wen it comes to love and visa approval? He's 48 and I'm 26, 22yrs gap.. He hasn't been married before but he has 2 adult children but I'm still older than them. Thanks as you reply

Technically, age shouldn’t be a barrier to love, but with this kind of processing, you need to prove the relationship is genuine to the VO at the embassy, that’s if your case get to that stage.

Also, him having kids isn’t a problem at all, just make sure to submit all the required USCIS documents and Proof of relationship (for filing).

Most importantly; Make sure to not do any engagement party of whatsoever, all you need is to show he proposed to you and take pictures.

Again, please do not do any engagement or engagement party, if you’re filing for K-1….. USCIS might approve your petition but I’m sure the visa would be denied outrightly at the Visa Post.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by cutedharmee: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
[quote author=olamitunposi post=105842547]

If it’s concerning K1, I’d advice to put out the questions here, so everyone can contribute and for the benefits of future readers.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by RubyOgex(f): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
olamitunposi:

Technically, age shouldn’t be a barrier to love, but with this kind of processing, you need to prove the relationship is genuine to the VO at the embassy, that’s if your case get to that stage.

Also, him having kids isn’t a problem at all, just make sure to submit all the required USCIS documents and Proof of relationship (for filing).

Most importantly; Make sure to not do any engagement party of whatsoever, all you need is to show he proposed to you and take pictures.

Again, please do not do any engagement or engagement party, if you’re filing for K-1….. USCIS might approve your petition but I’m sure the visa would be denied outrightly at the Visa Post.

Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lakeside4ng: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Something other clear to me oo ! The place that’s not clear to me is that place they said while waiting for the NVC letter & NVC Case Number one can start working on affidavit of support (Form I-134)..... Where will that be gotten from and how can it be gotten and what does it entails Abeg ?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamitunposi: 1:36am On Sep 16, 2021
lakeside4ng:
Something other clear to me oo ! The place that’s not clear to me is that place they said while waiting for the NVC letter & NVC Case Number one can start working on affidavit of support (Form I-134)..... Where will that be gotten from and how can it be gotten and what does it entails Abeg ?

Your Petitioner is the one to fill the form and have it scanned to you, which you then print out, or get it couriered to you.

It’s just a form of oath saying they’d take care of your expenses which includes; feeding, shelter and the likes while awaiting your adjustment of status/ work authorization to be issued.

The petitioner’s has to declare his/her earnings, properties (if any), and all sorts….. everything is on the form. (It’s part of the forms you’ve to submit during filing stage) you also need another one filled for your interview which you present at the embassy.

Then you take it with you to the Interview at the Local embassy along with the petitioners most recent tax transcripts or W2, whichever you have.

You can find the form on USCIS website: https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

Also, make sure to have your marriage intent letter for you and your petitioner with you, addressed to the interviewing embassy. ( They might not ask you, but it’s best to have it, just in case).

All the best, cheers.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Priceless200(f): 2:00am On Sep 16, 2021
why pls ?

olamitunposi:

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 9:33am On Sep 16, 2021
Congratulations Bro
olamitunposi:

Interview;

Then she asked;

Who petitioned for you?

What does she do?

Does she have kids?

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by RubyOgex(f): 9:48am On Sep 16, 2021
Hello lovelies, pls as a Nigerian, married to a Cameroonian man who is an American green card holder, but i base in Nigeria. Where I'm i likely to be interviewed for my US visa, Nigeria or Cameron?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Holami28: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2021
RubyOgex:
Hello lovelies, pls as a Nigerian, married to a Cameroonian man who is an American green card holder, but i base in Nigeria. Where I'm i likely to be interviewed for my US visa, Nigeria or Cameron?
Nigeria of course. He is a green card holder(permanent resident of the uniter states) and thats where he’s filing for you to come so you have no business with cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by lakeside4ng: 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2021
Thanks so much for the information @Olamituposi. Something is confusing me
Here I need to shed more light into.
We Paid an Agency which is RapidVisa.com who has been guiding us all this year ... So when I got the approval notice on my case tracker app I mailed then for the next stage on what. Be preparing for . The wrote back and on their platform their is a link to register directly affidavit of support she can fill and submit to them which I will send a screenshot on here. But what I noticed is that the information in the link you send ain’t the same with what was on their own page and theirs can be edited as a kind of filling and save or Edit and send process... but with the link you shared it can only be printed out and use pen to fill in the appropriate information and scan back to me. pls which should I go for ?? Go with the company we paid over $500 to from scratch ? I hope you understand what I mean ??... Picture 1 is a screenshot from the link you sent ... While picture 2 is on the Company platform to apply and register for affidavit of support .. Thanks so much as I will be patiently waiting for your swift response.

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by RubyOgex(f): 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
A boyfriend visiting ones after some months in relationship and gets married to his girlfriend and goes back to file for her. Is it bad? Who has had such experience and how was it?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamitunposi: 3:49pm On Sep 16, 2021
lakeside4ng:
Thanks so much for the information @Olamituposi. Something is confusing me
Here I need to shed more light into.
We Paid an Agency which is RapidVisa.com who has been guiding us all this year ... So when I got the approval notice on my case tracker app I mailed then for the next stage on what. Be preparing for . The wrote back and on their platform their is a link to register directly affidavit of support she can fill and submit to them which I will send a screenshot on here. But what I noticed is that the information in the link you send ain’t the same with what was on their own page and theirs can be edited as a kind of filling and save or Edit and send process... but with the link you shared it can only be printed out and use pen to fill in the appropriate information and scan back to me. pls which should I go for ?? Go with the company we paid over $500 to from scratch ? I hope you understand what I mean ??... Picture 1 is a screenshot from the link you sent ... While picture 2 is on the Company platform to apply and register for affidavit of support .. Thanks so much as I will be patiently waiting for your swift response.

At this stage(interview) Your agent doesn’t have anything to do with your affidavit as you the beneficiary would need to have it at hand for your interview.

So, you can have your fiancée fill the form from the USCIS and send to you or if the agency is going to forward you a copy of the one she’s going to fill on their website, as far as you have a physical filled and signed copy with you for interview, you’re good to go.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
olamitunposi:

At this stage(interview) Your agent doesn’t have anything to do with your affidavit as you the beneficiary would need to have it at hand for your interview.

So, you can have your fiancée fill the form from the USCIS and send to you or if the agency is going to forward you a copy of the one she’s going to fill on their website, as far as you have a physical filled and signed copy with you for interview, you’re good to go.

@ lakeside4ng. Please follow the link @Olamitunposi gave you and download form i-134, you’ll get the current version from there, i suggest you open with edge browser as this will enable you fill it directly from your PC, your petitioner should fill and scan it back to you, from your initial post you mentioned you just received your NOA2, so i think you have some couple of months for your case shipped to the US embassy in lagos because they’re currently dealing with backlog of cases due to the pandemic, but trust me you’re almost at the finish line, i recommend your petitioner fills the i-134 form once nvc ships your case to the US embassy in lagos. Meanwhile while waiting for that to be done I recommend you get your attestation of birth (not birth certificate) from National population commission. Don’t worry about the amount you paid rapidvisa i know they help to guide but you’ll definitely be guided more on this platform, feel free to ask your questions and all the best to you

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
RubyOgex:
your interview will be at US embassy in Lagos, i think there is a thread for those going through the spousal route on Nairaland too, I suggest you join that thread as you’ll understand CR1 and IR1 process more from there, this thread is for folks going through the K1 route

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (260) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.