Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,669 members, 7,862,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:07 AM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (439870 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2022
Coquinoqui:
Good Morning everyone. For those that have gone through the process of Adjustment of status, can you submit the application with wedding pics because we’re about to submit ours but we don’t have the pics yet from the photographer, any insight?
did anyone take photos of you guys with a phone, you can print like 5-10 copies at walgreens that should be fine. You can also print as many with a coloured printer if you have one.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
Check your email, I sent you a message
Rolayomie:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. ������

Our petition will be exactly one year by March 16, but we're yet to get a NOA2. E be things oooo
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2022
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Coquinoqui: 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2022
Treasureprince1:
did anyone take photos of you guys with a phone, you can print like 5-10 copies at walgreens that should be fine. You can also print as many with a coloured printer if you have one.

Okay cool will do that, thanks.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2022
Another option is, can someone ask for their interview and file moved from NVC to a third world country even though the individual resides in Nigeria? Please someone who is knowledgeable can help clarify.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Perfecttouchade: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2022
Anyone in the march Filers group awaiting noa2 should check their case number, 65aprovals and 9Rfe today so far...Good luck
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by olamitunposi: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2022
Treasureprince1:
babanla i d hail ooooo

My oga!!! I Dey see your hand well well
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 12:34am On Mar 01, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
Anyone in the march Filers group awaiting noa2 should check their case number, 65aprovals and 9Rfe today so far...Good luck

Abeg where una Dey get this updates from sef ??
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Perfecttouchade: 12:38am On Mar 01, 2022
LakesidesNG:

Abeg where una Dey get this updates from sef ??
check visajourney.com and u will find each groups of filers according to months of noa..happy New Month

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Perfecttouchade: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
Rolayomie:

Amen oooooooooo.... March 16 would make it a year and we never get NOA2�����
u can recheck for an update, some got approvals yesterday and I believe new ones are getting theirs today .
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by JadesolaAde(f): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
ottidex:
Hey Nairalanders on this K-1 VISA thread, You guy really helped me prepare as a low key Guy..However alot of Nigerians developed this Fear for USA Embassy and I swear they were all nice and professional..Everybody dey say fast and pray Crazy..
Went for my interview Yesterday and it was like a walk in the Park..
Questions:
Imagine asking what's the Name of you Fiancee?
and Where she lives ? lmao
infact even if you did not know you can just say anything close or just say the Area you'd be fine..Omo come off it..

However some confusing happened..

I was missing a Police report of A country I had lived in before and The VISA officer said Congratulations on your Trip..and asked I go get that Police report..But she still gave me a white paper while saying Congrats (White O) ..I then asked the information lady she said I should provide that Document and then the VISA will be given..My own is why didnt they just give the VISA and asked me to provide the Doc later..

Also nobody Talks about when you get the Actual VISA stamped on ur Nigerian Passport. Thanks.

@Lakeside4ng @LegitBachelor @Airboy333 @SmartJac #Olamitunposi
congratulations to you....please can you share your timeline with us to encourage others
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 10:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Somalino:

I don't care how true this is, all I have to say is Thank you, you've rekindled my hope. The waiting time is depressing

Hello Everyone, I hope we all are still hanging in for the best.

I checked USCIS to track our petition this morning but was shocked at what I saw; A RFE...
Pls how do we go about this?.... No details on what extra evidence to provide. Are we going to be getting a mail to that effect?

Thanks in advance for the feedback
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 10:18am On Mar 02, 2022
Perfecttouchade:

Good morning, everyone. I trust we're all hanging in for the best.

As a March filer, I tried to track our case status this morning as I saw that it changed from 'Case was received' to 'Request for additional evidence was sent'.... No details on what further evidence is needed. Are we to get a mail giving us further details or what do we do. I'm so confused right now. I even cried my eyes out already. Waited for one year just to get a RFE ������������..

Also I read somewhere that getting a RFE is synonymous with someone who is starting afresh. Make this people no turn me to mad person abegggg�������������������������

Any help at this point will be well appreciated. Thanks so much everyone

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 10:57am On Mar 02, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
u can recheck for an update, some got approvals yesterday and I believe new ones are getting theirs today .

Dem serve me hot breakfast ooooooooo..... I don cry Taya. The whole process is depressing. I checked this morning and saw that it changed From ' your case was received' to 'We sent a request for additional evidence'

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 11:01am On Mar 02, 2022
SmartJac:

Thanks SmartJac. I apologize for the delayed response.

You can check your mail for a feedback from me.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Perfecttouchade: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2022
Rolayomie:

Dem serve me hot breakfast ooooooooo..... I don cry Taya. The whole process is depressing. I checked this morning and saw that it changed From ' your case was received' to 'We sent a request for additional evidence'
congrats ,just some few informations needed from u or ur petitioner..did u put ur birth certificate
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Perfecttouchade: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2022
Rolayomie:

Good morning, everyone. I trust we're all hanging in for the best.

As a March filer, I tried to track our case status this morning as I saw that it changed from 'Case was received' to 'Request for additional evidence was sent'.... No details on what further evidence is needed. Are we to get a mail giving us further details or what do we do. I'm so confused right now. I even cried my eyes out already. Waited for one year just to get a RFE ������������..

Also I read somewhere that getting a RFE is synonymous with someone who is starting afresh. Make this people no turn me to mad person abegggg�������������������������

Any help at this point will be well appreciated. Thanks so much everyone
no , getting an RFE doesn't mean starting afresh..they need some evidence to finalize a decision to ur application, were u previously married or ur petitioner? Your petitioner will receive an hardcopy where what's been needed to conclude ur case will be stated..it might take a week to a month after u respond to the RFE and make sure the hardcopy sent to her mail goes along with ur response to the RFE..good news is that u are closer, na NVC wahala again now
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 11:48am On Mar 02, 2022
Rolayomie:

cry? Why would you cry for rfe? RFE is infact a good thing. It means your case was about to be adjudicated but they found something missing. You can’t guess what that is but trust me it will never be something huge. Sometimes it might be about an unchecked box that you just need to tick and send back, sometimes it may be about any missing document. Just be patient your petitioner will get a mail from from uscis within a week and the reason for the rfe will be there. You’ll get your NOA2 as soon as you reply the rfe and send whatever they requested to them. You’re 99.9% close to receiving your approval. All the best to you

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
Treasureprince1:
cry? Why would you cry for rfe? RFE is infact a good thing. It means your case was about to be adjudicated but they found something missing. You can’t guess what that is but trust me it will never be something huge. Sometimes it might be about an unchecked box that you just need to tick and send back, sometimes it may be about any missing document. Just be patient your petitioner will get a mail from from uscis within a week and the reason for the rfe will be there. You’ll get your NOA2 as soon as you reply the rfe and send whatever they requested to them. You’re 99.9% close to receiving your approval. All the best to you

Thanks so much. You just increased my hope with your kind words..

I read somewhere that getting a RFE is synonymous with someone who is starting afresh. That they'd have to attend to other pending cases for the year before treating such. Na why I cry oooooo����������
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
no , getting an RFE doesn't mean starting afresh..they need some evidence to finalize a decision to ur application, were u previously married or ur petitioner? Your petitioner will receive an hardcopy where what's been needed to conclude ur case will be stated..it might take a week to a month after u respond to the RFE and make sure the hardcopy sent to her mail goes along with ur response to the RFE..good news is that u are closer, na NVC wahala again now

Ehn ehnnnn..... Thank you so muchhhhh.... That wrong information I read almost ran me mad... Lol... Thanks so much... Let me now go and eat in peace. Na why e good make person speak up oooo..... Thanks so much Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Treasureprince1: 2:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
Rolayomie:

Thanks so much. You just increased my hope with your kind words..

I read somewhere that getting a RFE is synonymous with someone who is starting afresh. That they'd have to attend to other pending cases for the year before treating such. Na why I cry oooooo����������
lol, that’s not true. Be happy joor
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Perfecttouchade: 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2022
Rolayomie:

Ehn ehnnnn..... Thank you so muchhhhh.... That wrong information I read almost ran me mad... Lol... Thanks so much... Let me now go and eat in peace. Na why e good make person speak up oooo..... Thanks so much Nairalanders
you are most welcome.. congratulations in advance. Stay positive and make sure all they request for are sent completely . Cheers
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2022
This issue RFE May seems to be like starting afresh to you but I bet you it’s just another means for you to revalidate your previous papers. Thanks to my brother who helped on mine and my other friend who he helped to tidied it up now In US on a spouse visa Basis. … I also got RFE then too after a long wait but when you make that move you will find it interesting provided your petitioner is not scared to release those vital documents like Bank Statements, IRS, Tax Paper, More Picture Evidence properly arranged and explained briefly … mostly writers know how to make it captivating to the reader.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
Pls for those of us who have gotten NOA-2 approval notice since NOV with a Case Number LGS*********Abeg any update yet on when the letter will arrive ?? Besides when is the issue of Medical report, Police Character & Certified Birth Certificate come to play ??
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Rolayomie: 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
Perfecttouchade:
you are most welcome.. congratulations in advance. Stay positive and make all they request for are sent completely . Cheers

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LakesidesNG: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
LakesidesNG:
Pls for those of us who have gotten NOA-2 approval notice since NOV with a Case Number LGS*********Abeg any update yet on when the letter will arrive ?? Besides when is the issue of Medical report, Police Character & Certified Birth Certificate come to play ??

Pls house passport is Expiring on the 23rd of January Next 2023. I do hear that passport should be renew 6month before Expiry date pls should propose a renewal ?? Hope this letter would arrive before the Passport Expiry date ?? Pls I need an advice on what to do
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by MT: 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
To me, the US Govt is not being fair. They are not the only country affected by COVID. UK processing is as speedy as lightning. Why will a process to joining your spouse takes almost 2 years.

They are the Number 1 country in the world and I expect they should have figured out how to clear the backlog either by employing more hands or deploying more high tech to assist those handling it. It just does not make sense any longer. This will break some relationship as some ladies or guys over there are desperately looking for companionship which this process has denied them.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Ifeanyichukwu42: 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
MT:
To me, the US Govt is not being fair. They are not the only country affected by COVID. UK processing is as speedy as lightning. Why will a process to joining your spouse takes almost 2 years.

They are the Number 1 country in the world and I expect they should have figured out how to clear the backlog either by employing more hands or deploying more high tech to assist those handling it. It just does not make sense any longer. This will break some relationship as some ladies or guys over there are desperately looking for companionship which this process has denied them.

Well said but we need to remain grateful to this great country the United States of America that has being liberal for people to file different kind of petitions in order to bring in their spouse , mother. Father, brothers and sisters, which countries like UK will not allow you and more over the embassy have some many visa category to attend you . Please keep on drinking the wine of patience. It is not how fast but how well.

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mumdearest: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
sorry about your RFE. just respond as soon as possible. Approval is usually faster after RFE.

Dem serve me hot breakfast ooooooooo..... I don cry Taya. The whole process is depressing. I checked this morning and saw that it changed From ' your case was received' to 'We sent a request for additional evidence'[/quote.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mumdearest: 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2022
Finally got approved.
NOA 1 - March 17TH 2021
NOA 2 - MARCH 2ND 2022

all the best to everyone waiting for NOA 2.

whats next after NOA 2?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
Aaaw am so happy for you, the next step is to wait for response from NVC saying your case has been received and after that, you Might wait for about 12-13 months before your case will be shipped to US embassy in Nigeria. Reason for the 13 months wait is that us embassy has about 1 year backlog. They just shipped January 2021 cases from NVC Tuesday (two days ago). The basic thing is that you have been approved
mumdearest:
Finally got approved.
NOA 1 - March 17TH 2021
NOA 2 - MARCH 2ND 2022

all the best to everyone waiting for NOA 2.

whats next after NOA 2?
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by SmartJac: 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
No diggy, you can check your email.
Rolayomie:

Thanks SmartJac. I apologize for the delayed response.

You can check your mail for a feedback from me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (260) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.