Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (429448 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:45am On Jun 20, 2019
LegitBachelor:
The Visit Visa (B1/B2).

Since he's married, he candy apply for K1 or K2. He should go for IR1 Visa (Spousal Visa)

Hey bro, visa issued this morning. Thanks bro for your soothing words. Djfrancis, select 500. Thanks .

7 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2019
djfrancis:

Bro, the best thing for you to do now is to remain calm. Remember, I waited for 22 days to have my visa in hand. I was becoming frustrated sef. I’d advise that you stop checking everyday and await the text message on your phone. Or just limit to checking once in 2 days

May yours be shorter in Jesus Name. Amen.

Visa issued bro

3 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by tadetobi: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2019
[quote author=LegitBachelor post=79497896]The Visit Visa (B1/B2).

If i want to be staying over there to work and raise a family what will i do or what type of visa should i go for, Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 11:26am On Jun 20, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Hey bro, visa issued this morning. Thanks bro for your soothing words. Djfrancis, select 500. Thanks .

Congratulations bro. Wish you the very best as you proceed.

Pls kindly share the breakdown of your waiting period. From the stage 1 (date you started)till this final stage of getting your K1 visa(maybe this will encourage me & others waiting here).
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 11:39am On Jun 20, 2019
sandraigho:

Congratulations bro. Wish you the very best as you proceed.

Pls kindly share the breakdown of your waiting period. From the stage 1 (date you started)till this final stage of getting your K1 visa(maybe this will encourage me & others waiting here).
Thank you.

Thanks.

File I-129f October 29 2018
Noa1 November 5 2018
NOA2 February 27 2019
NVC received March 20 2019
Case number generated March 21 2019
NVC ship to embassy March 28 2019
Consulate received April 3 2019
Booked appointment: June 7 2019
Visa issued June 20 2019
Hope this helps.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 1:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Visa issued bro

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sandraigho: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Thanks.

File I-129f October 29 2018
Noa1 November 5 2018
NOA2 February 27 2019
NVC received March 20 2019
Case number generated March 21 2019
NVC ship to embassy March 28 2019
Consulate received April 3 2019
Booked appointment: June 7 2019
Visa issued June 20 2019
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. This is very helpful and inspiring.
God bless you as you move to the next phase.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
sandraigho:

Thank you so much. This is very helpful and inspiring.
God bless you as you move to the next phase.

Thank you and I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
select500:

Congrats!

Thanks bro
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Visa issued bro

congrats bro. i'm happy you got yours

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Finally! Congrats bro. I wish you and your future Iyawo the very best.

4 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
experttaiw:

IR1 though never heard of this visa before. Thanks you for your swift response

Pls can you kindly put me through on the application and visa fee will he go for interview?

What are the likely questions?

Once again thank you
Unfortunately this thread is dedicated solely for K1 Visa. I have searched for discussion thread for Spousal Visa bit didnt see any. However I saw a very scanty thread on Spousal Visa which I hope will blossom into an active thread in no distant time. You may want to register your presemce there. I will post comments there too once in a while. Here's the link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5116939/usa-spousal-visa-process-k3
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by experttaiw: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Unfortunately this thread is dedicated solely for K1 Visa. I have searched for discussion thread for Spousal Visa bit didnt see any. However I saw a very scanty thread on Spousal Visa which I hope will blossom into an active thread in no distant time. You may want to register your presemce there. I will post comments there too once in a while. Here's the link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5116939/usa-spousal-visa-process-k3

OK baba thank you . but .can't he apply for B1/B2 to visit his wife and come back because the spouse visa when I search I can see it takes lots of time like 6months.

Please your candid advice will go along way sir.

Thanks in advance
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
experttaiw:

OK baba thank you . but .can't he apply for B1/B2 to visit his wife and come back because the spouse visa when I search I can see it takes lots of time like 6months.

Please your candid advice will go along way sir.

Thanks in advance
Post your question on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5116939/usa-spousal-visa-process-k3. I will respond there. I don't want to derail this thread as its solely for K1 Visa discussions.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Finally! Congrats bro. I wish you and your future Iyawo the very best.

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
nelem:

congrats bro. i'm happy you got yours

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by JWTheocracy1: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
I know this question shouldn't be asked here... Plz who knows the best way to send money instantly to Naija Is urgent plz!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
JWTheocracy1:
I know this question shouldn't be asked here... Plz who knows the best way to send money instantly to Naija Is urgent plz!
Send a PM to Modath (her phone number is also on her profile page). She seems to know a lot about the process. Be careful though of scammers as I can't vouch for her. But I notice she's an active nairalander and several of her posts has made feontpage in the past. I believe that speaks well of her integrity. But again, I'm not 100% sure she's genuine.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by JWTheocracy1: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Send a PM to Modath (her phone number is also on her profile page). She seems to know a lot about the process. Be careful though of scammers as I can't vouch for her. But I notice she's an active nairalander and several of her posts has made feontpage in the past. I believe that speaks well of her integrity. But again, I'm not 100% sure she's genuine.

OK. Thanks
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by select500: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

Hi,

You can try the App/Company called "Wave". Go online and do a research about them. The money is deposited in the receiver's Bank Account instantly.

Cheers!
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

You can use world remit
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ojay2053(m): 11:49pm On Jun 20, 2019
Pls everyone i want know if there’s any thread for IMMEDIATE RELATIVE ( marriage based)? I want to know if they still do interview to the American spouse and at what stage?

Thank you
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by modath(f): 6:17am On Jun 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:

Thanks for the vote of confidence... we appreciate..

P.S.... I'm also active in the business section (people somehow entrust me with 10s of Mills with no side effect (and will NEVER ever be).. wink
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by LegitBachelor: 7:21am On Jun 21, 2019
ojay2053:
Pls everyone i want know if there’s any thread for IMMEDIATE RELATIVE ( marriage based)? I want to know if they still do interview to the American spouse and at what stage?

Thank you
Ask this question on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5116939/usa-spousal-visa-process-k3
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ifunanyamaka: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2019
JWTheocracy1:

Use world remit app. Very effective
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ifunanyamaka: 8:14am On Jun 21, 2019
experttaiw:

IR1 though never heard of this visa before. Thanks you for your swift response

Pls can you kindly put me through on the application and visa fee will he go for interview?

What are the likely questions?

Once again thank you

I went through the IR1/CR1 process. Reach out if you want more information on it.

1 Like

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ifunanyamaka: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2019
ojay2053:

Thank you

No they don't unless you are already in the US and doing the AOS process. If you're doing the IR visa process in Nigeria, only the beneficiary gets interviewed at the Embassy, however, the petitioner will have to submit several documents at the NVC stage before the interview can be scheduled
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by mekusa10: 8:39am On Jun 21, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Ask this question on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5116939/usa-spousal-visa-process-k3
Bros thanks for all the help you've been giving. I appreciate.
I actually have lots of questions about what happens after arriving the states on K1. Will send you a PM.
Cheers.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ojay2053(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2019
ifunanyamaka:

No they don't unless you are already in the US and doing the AOS process. If you're doing the IR visa process in Nigeria, only the beneficiary gets interviewed at the Embassy, however, the petitioner will have to submit several documents at the NVC stage before the interview can be scheduled
Thank You ma’am.
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by ediku208: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2019
Download the app called Remitly
You can send money directly to ones bank account from the US.
But u cant send back to them .

JWTheocracy1:
Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by sharpman1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hi guys.

So i had my K1 visa interview yesterday (June 24).

I can't give too much details yet as i was asked to send some additional documentation (secondary evidence, they had all primary evidence) of some situation which i did not have with me at that point before my visa can be approved.

I have dropped the requested documents at the DHL office today because i had them but i felt i would not need them for the interview. I hope they respond fast.

I will give the full interview transcript after the process is completed.

However, i have a few points and tips to share from my experience:

1. The consulate officer is very thorough...make sure you are well prepared and don't take anything for granted. I am an auditor and i thought i had my documentation perfect.

2. Some COs can be more lenient than some others....unfortunately, the applicant does not get to choose.

3. Go with ANYTHING that can help your case. Nothing like too much evidence, If you like carry big bag of evidence. For e.g. if you have a child, apart from the birth certificate, also go with any other evidence that can prove relationship with that child. (Facebook posts, pictures of naming, health records, etc). If you lost a spouse, aside death certificates, go with secondary evidence like facebook posts by family and friends, pictures of burial, etc.

4. The NIV section was a disaster for applicants. I think a lot of applicants are just trying their luck because the denials were so much. The COs are so ruthless.....them no send anybody.

Hopefully i will hear from them soon and complete the process. Please who knows how long it usually takes for the consulate to respond when they ask for additional documentation?

5 Likes

Re: USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2019
sharpman1:
Hi guys.

So i had my K1 visa interview yesterday (June 24).

I can't give too much details yet as i was asked to send some additional documentation (secondary evidence, they had all primary evidence) of some situation which i did not have with me at that point before my visa can be approved.

I have dropped the requested documents at the DHL office today because i had them but i felt i would not need them for the interview. I hope they respond fast.

I will give the full interview transcript after the process is completed.

However, i have a few points and tips to share from my experience:

1. The consulate officer is very thorough...make sure you are well prepared and don't take anything for granted. I am an auditor and i thought i had my documentation perfect.

2. Some COs can be more lenient than some others....unfortunately, the applicant does not get to choose.

3. Go with ANYTHING that can help your case. Nothing like too much evidence, If you like carry big bag of evidence. For e.g. if you have a child, apart from the birth certificate, also go with any other evidence that can prove relationship with that child. (Facebook posts, pictures of naming, health records, etc). If you lost a spouse, aside death certificates, go with secondary evidence like facebook posts by family and friends, pictures of burial, etc.

4. The NIV section was a disaster for applicants. I think a lot of applicants are just trying their luck because the denials were so much. The COs are so ruthless.....them no send anybody.

Hopefully i will hear from them soon and complete the process. Please who knows how long it usually takes for the consulate to respond when they ask for additional documentation?

Hi bro, congratulations on your already approved visa. Regarding the additional documents, they won’t respond but will update your case date once they receive and think everything is okay. Congrats once again.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (259) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.