Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed (20142 Views)

Air Peace Launches Abuja-Dubai, Abuja-Johannesburg Flights / Please Is There Anybody Knows About Dubai Trip Now? / U.S TRIP:ABUJA-DUBAI-WASHINGTON D.C:21 Hours Stopover In Dubai with Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by bigtt76(f): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2018
You again cheesy

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I'd advice you suspend the trip and reschedule it when you'd have saved enough.

As a first-timer to Dubai, I'd also advice you fly Emirates,.
It's quite hassle-free and a good deal for kids plus in 7hours you're home and dry.
Family comfort supercedes whatever "apririko" price difference other airlines offer.

Considering your budget too.
Unless you want to stay in shabby hotels like Gold Plaza in Deira or in Bur Dubai and be using the metro lines or trekking with your family of 3 all through your stay there as the cost of cabs may make you less enthusiastic about exploring fun places.

I also haven't mentioned your tours? Dubai will not be memorable if you can't at least make tours of the Safari, visit the Burj Khalifa, or a boat cruise in the Marina.

You can't afford a quality memorable trip at this time of the year, unless you don't mind window shopping around the Dubai Mall with your family looking like a bunch of almajiris.
Try it some other time when you're ready.
Good luck with that man.

Maybe mods can help you reach out to others who successfully made the trip on a very low budget.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by bespokeset: 9:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
phantomBBT:
Well.. Times I have gone to Dubai, I Always Fly Qatar Airways. With a Stop over of Almost 7hours in Doha. They Won't provide Accommodation though. But you can briefly tour the city of Qatar, Visit places like Aljezera and the rest.
Hotels in Dubai: I usually Stay in Deira particularly Times Square hotel. Its on Almakthoum Hospital Road and treckable to Baniyar Square, Gold Souq, and A very Massive Mall called Alguair Mall.
Deira has its own Advantage. You will get cheap Nigerian Foods and get to see Our Nigerian Brothers in Thousands.you will really need to be careful with them. They don't have jobs so some can be Criminally Minded.
You will get to see private taxi operators. Private Cab is somehow an Haram in Dubai so Most of the Cabs are clean Government owned Cabs. At a fee
Metro is cheaper... You buy a One off ticket and cruise for the whole day.
Watch out for shopping deals.. Many of the Malls does Awuff around 10am in the Morning particularly Alguair Mall on Almakthoum super high way.
Phones are cheap on Nife Road.
Data is almost free.... Everywhere you go is an hotspot.
I usually play to the malls to connect WiFi.
Desert Safari is cheap too.. Ask them at your reception
What else oo? Call me 08067183075

Thank you much.

7 hours before connecting flight hanging around after a fairly long flight isn't good for my plans. As for where to stay, tour areas and transportation systems etc I do pretty much know my way around quite well. I don't like staying in Deira so it's not under consideration. Yes I also know how to keep a straight face with Nigerians trying to get you to come make purchases at 'my' shop which they don't own only to make commissions off you later.

Thanks once again.
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2018
Tmmycash:
Must you post every of your secret schedule on nairaland?
Do you know who he is? Instead of asking God to bless you and give you a husband that will be taking you to Dubai you are here doing BUSYBODY ee
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by bespokeset: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
Jarus:

I also considered Egypt Air in my last family holiday to Dubai in March this year.

I dropped the idea after asking for review from my friends who had used Egypt Air in the past. The review wasn't nice - no inflight entertainment (which I value for my kids), plus the stress of long layover with kids etc.

I had to drop the idea and opted for Etihad.

So I wont advise Egypt Air.

Coincidentally I actually thought about in-flight entertainment. Last time I flew Emirates it was rich, both food and video (music and films). In fact I was disappointed with Lufthansa through Frankfurt to Heathrow some weeks back.... food was bland and video entertainment was limited to fewer choices. Your advice against Egypt Air comes at variance with a few on here though but I'll consider.

Thank you much.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
indomitable234:
I am planning exactly same trip with my friends and family this Christmas,i wonder why no one is talking about Rwandair,awesome service,2hrs lay over in Kigali and the airport isn't crowded,to cut ur airfare cost i will advice you wait till nov23, black Friday deals and get the ticket at reduced cost
Last year nov4 black Friday I got my ticket at 150k to dubai Rwandair,even Egyptair was 150k but I can't deal with the long layover in Cairo
Guy man package

1 Like

Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by bespokeset: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
Burshh:
Emirates is currently running a promo ticket season. You should take adavantage of it. The discount is considerable. Check it out on their site

Thank you much for this.
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by kagari: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
bespokeset:

Thank you much for this Valid user experience.

Bro you can check on kenya or rwanda air, they generally have shorter layovers.

Then cross check emirates with all of this airlines, if the the difference for all of you is less than 100k, fly emirates and save your kids jet lag

I generally dont like Egypt air
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by dfrost: 1:25am On Oct 22, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Wow, you made sense, finally!

My dear NwaAmaikpe always make sense. Just sieve the sense from the nonsense.

But like most people on this thread confirmed, NwaAmaikpe's phone has been stolen or his account hacked.

I like his thinking. Don't go with the crowd. Look at things from a different perspective.

Most people don't like him because of his extreme behaviour but common! who needs anyone's approval rating except people with complex issues.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by bespokeset: 6:25am On Oct 22, 2018
PIPnator:
Egypt air wey no dey share alchohol for flight? Did a combined (over) 14 hours flight with them and no beer! Needless to say i was awake for the bl**dy 14hrs. Needed the beer to induce sleep! Swore never to use them again!

@Op since you are about saving cost, go for it. The kids will be fine.

Hey man thank you so much.

Been off alcohol now for about 2 years and I don't miss it. So other in-flight entertainment might be an issue then as it can be boring on a long flight with nothing much to do. Thanks again.
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by bespokeset: 6:28am On Oct 22, 2018
kagari:

Bro you can check on kenya or rwanda air, they generally have shorter layovers.

Then cross check emirates with all of this airlines, if the the difference for all of you is less than 100k, fly emirates and save your kids jet lag

I generally dont like Egypt air

If the difference was just about 100k I wouldn't be seeking user experiences. The difference is between 300k to as much as 650k hence the consideration.

Thank you much.
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by kagari: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2018
bespokeset:

If the difference was just about 100k I wouldn't be seeking user experiences. The difference is between 300k to as much as 650k hence the consideration.

Thank you much.

Twerk the date a bit
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by DrRasheed: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2018
bespokeset:

Of course Emirates is numero uno on this route but like I said earlier Im trying to see if I can cut some cost here and there. The two airlines that present the opportunity are Egypt and Ethiopian Airlines. Cost savings could be as much as 600k for Egypt Air and over 300k for Ethiopian Airways. Yes there's the trade off of longer lay over between the two airlines. I am seeking any experience going through Cairo... the lay over time, accommodation arrangements by airline and if one could sneak in a brief city view. Addis Ababa isn't bad but I don't mind if I can trim the flight expense a bit further through the Cairo path.

Thank you for your heads up too.

is Understood.. I never patronise that Egypt air but I'm confident there's something related to cost saving cuz my sis regularly use their services.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by Bengar: 6:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
[quote author=bigtt76 post=72295988]You again cheesy

Thanks for the great info, you are the best smiley
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by awosdot(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2018
Mehn, all these talk of Dubai trip is both inspirational and insightful ooo.
But i will appreciate if you can tell us the average amount it will cost per person to go for holiday in Duba, so I can start planning too.
Thanks
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by princejones(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
awosdot:
Mehn, all these talk of Dubai trip is both inspirational and insightful ooo.
But i will appreciate if you can tell us the average amount it will cost per person to go for holiday in Duba, so I can start planning too.
Thanks
me too
Re: Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed by seyewest(m): 2:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
Video of my trip from Abuja to Dubai and finally to Washington D.C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ikmny93NQ&t=231s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See This Ghastly Car Accident In Osogbo (photo) / Sam Onyishi, Peace Mass Transit Boss Regrets Umuahia, Bayelsa Accidents / Travelling Into Nigerian (MMIA) Is Uber Safe To Your Destination Within Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.