Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? (28301 Views)

Scarcity Of Bibles In Walmart USA Due To Coronavirus / We Distributed 74.6 M Bibles In Nigeria In 55 Years – Gideons International / China Shuts Down Christian Churches, Destroys Crosses, Burn Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by jayF19: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
piice:
Yeah, it's true. I noticed it @ premier hotel in ibadan too and I asked the room steward why was it that it was only bible that was considered being in rooms. Why not putting into consideration other religions? He couldn't give a convincing response perhaps because he happened to be a Christian.

My own position is, Christians in the real sense are intolerable of other religious doctrines aside thier own.
Christians are intolerable but Saudi doesn’t permit non Muslims citizenship? But a Muslim is not allowed to follow a Christian but vice.versa is permitted in the Bible. Christians are intolerable but you’re given full rights in their countries and go on to antagonize them with all your strength? Intolerable but have constitutions guaranteeing equality unlike the Quran, check
They see things as ' all correct ' when they favour them, they care less about afflictions their acts may have on other's religious sensibilities. They act as if they are the only ones living this world most especially when they are the head of institutions. Go and find out those hotels they solely put bible in their rooms, they are headed by Christians.

I know for sure if it were to be a qoran or oriesemerindinlogun that is being put inside those rooms, you would have been hearing, islamization or traditionalization of........

Note : I am not exhibiting fanaticism but truthful observation
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by justice212: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
What else do you want to see there.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by adamsbadoo(m): 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
Teymanhenry:
Christians read the bible at night before praying n sleeping ...
while muslims rarely pray at night

You sound like a kid...do you still bedwet?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by badesco(m): 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
It is s matter of choice, you can either read or ignore it..so no religious should be attached.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by sparkle6(m): 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
Op just drew the battleline. Christains vs Muslims vs Tradditional vs Confused Niggahs club <AETHEIST>
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by trapQ: 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
Is terrorism the second name of your religion?
dryakson:
is HOTEL ur religion that u ar defendng?. U sound pain thou

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by sparkle6(m): 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
adamsbadoo:

Because ARABIC is the language you'll speak in heaven...

...there are translated qur'an...grab a copy if you wanna knw the truth.
@bolden Hahahahaha Funniest sentence in NL.
Like seriously Dude.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Bobnotrouble: 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
Perhaps it's because The Qur'an is a holy book of Allah. Remember, ungodly things do happen in Hotel rooms. A devoted Muslim is expected to always be in possession of the glorious Qur'an anyway.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by selfwife(f): 11:51pm On Oct 21, 2018
Bobnotrouble:
Perhaps it's because The Qur'an is a holy book of Allah. Remember, ungodly things do happen in Hotel rooms. A devoted Muslim is expected to always be in possession of the glorious Qur'an anyway.
Hotel room or not,ungodly things happen everywhere.so I don't understand your point.There are Muslims who carry the whole Qur'an in their memory and yet fornicate,lie lie always,steal etc.so why not provide good translated copies so it can remind them @ sight or at least others who have no idea of what is morally upright or have decided to ignore it can just pick it up at leisure to read a passage or two.I don't know much about the religion but if it is like the Bible,there are passages there for the depressed,ungrateful, sick,etc.so how can it be accessable to people of all the earth if you feel one place as so much filth. What do I even know self?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Kseafresh: 2:39am On Oct 22, 2018
samwash:

So the only purpose of using an hotel room is to do sexual immorality abi ?
Do you kwn the Bible is the most widely read book ?
Oga me don talk my own, majority concur,this one wey u dey yarn now, na u sabi..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by nairavsdollars(f): 7:19am On Oct 22, 2018
i concur. They do worse things

selfwife:
Hotel room or not,ungodly things happen everywhere.so I don't understand your point.There are Muslims who carry the whole Qur'an in their memory and yet fornicate,lie lie always,steal etc.so why not provide good translated copies so it can remind them @ sight or at least others who have no idea of what is morally upright or have decided to ignore it can just pick it up at leisure to read a passage or two.I don't know much about the religion but if it is like the Bible,there are passages there for the depressed,ungrateful, sick,etc.so how can it be accessable to people of all the earth if you feel one place as so much filth. What do I even know self?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by fkj950ax(m): 9:41am On Oct 22, 2018
hisexcellency34:
I noticed most hotels in Nigeria (I don't know about the ones in the North) only have the Holy Bible for lodgers.

While this is a good developments, I always wonder what about adherents of other religions?

Simply because a group known as the Gideons GO AROUND every hotel, hospital, schools and public places ALL OVER THE WORLD and give bibles to be placed in the rooms FREE OF CHARGE.
Read about them here https://www.gideons.org/
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by piice: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2018
[quote author=jayF19 post=72298890][/quote]which countries are christian countries pls?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by piice: 9:47am On Oct 22, 2018
[quote author=jayF19 post=72298890][/quote]and is Saudi Arabia `a doctrine '?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Bobnotrouble: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2018
selfwife:

You've rightly ended your reaction. You know nothing!
Devoted Muslims don't denigrate the Qur'an. Mind you, there are some hypocratical Muslims that might suit your mindset.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by maajimk(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2018
Peace be upon you all.
There is no point saying Ill things about other religions and so on in the name of debating an event. "Bibles found around places, hotels, hospitals, walkways, bus stops and so on, what of other holy books.?

Thats a brilliant question and requires brilliant/critical contributions. If you have nothing tangible to contribute you can push people who you think may know something to comment on the post. God created us all to coexist for a reason... To serve as keepers for each other is one and in doing so we INFORM each other with glad tidings.

Back to the topic of discuss.
I am a Muslim so i will talk on why the Quran is not placed at such places, why it should be placed and how best it should be placed.

The Quran is a book among the four books of Allah, The Torah, Zabura, Bible and the Quran.

The Quran as a whole comprises 114 chapters and was revealed in Arabic. For ease of understanding and preaching it has been translated to various languages but as we all know, you can never have a translation which is 100% accurate.

The Quran is a sacred book which even among muslims, not everybody can touch it. For Example a menustrating woman, ritually impure person (after sex or wet dream), someone who used the toilet and couldnt get the necessary items for purification, a child, a lunatic and so on. These people despite been muslims are not allowed to touch the COMPLETE QURAN. BUT, can touch parts or bits of the Quran which are found in bookstores. The most common is the 30stack booklets for easy handling, memorisation and so on.

Now coming to the Hotels, depending on the management of the Hotel, Complete Quran could be placed in the room. The intention of a hotel is A HOME AWAY FROM HOME so if you can have Quran in yout house you should have one in your Hotel room.
The bad things we speak of that happens in hotels happen in our homes too. (Dont discriminate)
If the management are not muslims or don't have any musljm to guide them "WHY" should they bother placing Qurans? Nobody stops you from bringing yours. And even if they are muslims and dont place Qurans it is still okay considering the chances of misuse.

On the alternative if Muslims produced and distributed parts of the Quran for some selected purposes like spiritual upliftment and Non-Muslim Companion... Such could 100% be habitable in hotels or even beer parlors without any fear of divine repercussions. Afterall it will only bring you rewards. At this point i think i have said enough to show my opinion. I hope you all learn from this and for those that know better kindly correct me where ever you find errors. It's HUMAN to err. Kubetin!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by djoey89: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2018
adelee777:

Yeah that is true. The Muslim kind of evangelism is ; blow an area up while screaming Allah Akbar, capturing survivors of the blast and screaming '' believe in the Koran or get your head chopped off? Choose one''. Not like the Christians actually.

your sense of humour is stew!!! chai
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by flex04(m): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2018
sulasa07:

Muslims are not d only one brainwashed killing in d name of god,the crusaders killed more than anyone could count in the name of god

Thumbs up guy, got it grin grin

Not here to pick a stone at you

Crusaders were designed to wade off intruders. Like first crusader attack i once read was to wade off intruders, ask me who de intruders at that time were.... (Moslems) shocked shocked. It was then i discovered that islamic war don tey

Do you know of a land in India owned by Christians(i think) claimed by the moslems and they kept fighting till none possessed it

Sorry for calling you guys intruders but do you know why i do? A Christian hausa woman was told me that Catholicism came to their land first but the same moslems came in with force (that's intruding u know!!! ) ....some africa countries too suffered this.

we christians halted ours long ago but jihad still lives on embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

to refresh history

The crusaders of the First Crusade managed to recapture the holy city of Jerusalem in 1099. But after almost 50 years of peace, fighting broke out again, with the Muslims the winners. The Third Crusade made heroes out of the Muslim leader Saladin and the English king, who became known as Richard the Lionheart.
una give those guys trouble o... sha we 've forgiven u guys
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Empiree: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
flex04:

Crusaders were designed to wade off intruders. Like first crusader attack i once read was to wade off intruders, ask me who de intruders at that time were.... (Moslems) shocked shocked. It was then i discovered that islamic war don tey

Do you know of a land in India owned by Christians(i think) claimed by the moslems and they kept fighting till none possessed it

Sorry for calling you guys intruders but do you know why i do? A Christian hausa woman was told me that Catholicism came to their land first but the same moslems came in with force (that's intruding u know!!! ) ....some africa countries too suffered this.

we christians halted ours long ago but jihad still lives on embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

to refresh history

The crusaders of the First Crusade managed to recapture the holy city of Jerusalem in 1099. But after almost 50 years of peace, fighting broke out again, with the Muslims the winners. The Third Crusade made heroes out of the Muslim leader Saladin and the English king, who became known as Richard the Lionheart.
what's this trash
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by iamgenius(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
flex04:

to refresh history

It's either you're ignorantt of history or hypocrisy is flowing in your blood. Honest people knew who were the intruders during the Crusade war.You can't change history.

You're very funny guy, when you mentioned what the Hausa woman said. You really believe that, you forgot that everyone will say good things about his or her belief. And to him, every other religion is false.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by flex04(m): 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
iamgenius:
It's either you're ignorantt of history or hypocrisy is flowing in your blood. Honest people knew who were the intruders during the Crusade war.You can't change history.

You're very funny guy, when you mentioned what the Hausa woman said. You really believe that, you forgot that everyone will say good things about his or her belief. And to him, every other religion is false.

grin ;Dthis one want me to start exchanging words sha, not in the mood...one thing is that if u keep remaining adamant to things, you know the rest

sha elp me tell ur people to stop bombing us
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by sulasa07(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2018
flex04:

to refresh history

You people don't follow Jesus in any at all,I believe He said if someone hits ur right cheek,also turn d left so d person can hit it too.I believe Jesus taught peace,why did you people carry weapons and now you will be claiming Jesus Neva fought a war,so hes peaceful,but d Christian fought wars, so clearly you aren't true xtians
If they were true xtians,they would av allowed their country and city taken by Muslims without any war and killings and then pray to GOD to drive Muslims out Himself.Jesus prayed and he Neva wielded a sword like you people teach in churches
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by selfwife(f): 5:58am On Oct 23, 2018
Bobnotrouble:

You've rightly ended your reaction. You know nothing!
Devoted Muslims don't denigrate the Qur'an. Mind you, there are some hypocratical Muslims that might suit your mindset.
you haven't made a point or are Muslims perfect? or is reading the Qur'an not capable of changing lives?how do you intend to keep it away from people that may need it more and expect it to influence them?why can't it be fully translated to English to that more people can read and learn?please you that know a lot,explain.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Shinery0123(m): 12:32pm On Oct 23, 2018
thorpido:
What motivates Christianity(and evangelism) can't be found in other religions.

The idea,motivation and sacrifices that come with the placement of those bibles there don't come by religion.
Tell them o.

Most Christians I have come to meet failed to put up with the fact that all religions have different doctrines backing them up and you can't expect to worship or do things the same way. They question you to why you are not doing things the way they do. Their belief was probably borne out of the fact that most people look up to the western world where Christianity supposedly comes from as the zenith of development and civilization so they want you to do things the way they do things.
The same way the West also wants everyone to adopt their system of government so they impose democracy on you. I ask them in what ways democracy or their systems of government have helped us here in Nigeria? Our Monarchy system may be better off!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by flex04(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
sulasa07:

You people don't follow Jesus in any at all,I believe He said if someone hits ur right cheek,also turn d left so d person can hit it too.I believe Jesus taught peace,why did you people carry weapons and now you will be claiming Jesus Neva fought a war,so hes peaceful,but d Christian fought wars, so clearly you aren't true xtians
If they were true xtians,they would av allowed their country and city taken by Muslims without any war and killings and then pray to GOD to drive Muslims out Himself.Jesus prayed and he Neva wielded a sword like you people teach in churches

i was making my point u against myself and urs but it now about us grin grin grin grin

My dear those crusaders had sometin to do with the government, just like the Army of Mecca defending the holy land against intruders

My dear its already a past tense tongue, let's make it right again
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by flex04(m): 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2018
sulasa07:

i was making my point against myself and urs but it now about us grin grin grin grin

My dear those crusaders had sometin to do with the government, just like the Army of Mecca defending the holy land against intruders in favour of the believers .

My dear its already a past tense tongue, let's make it right again
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Teymanhenry(f): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2018
adamsbadoo:

You sound like a kid...do you still bedwet?
No I don't. do you?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
hisexcellency34:
I noticed most hotels in Nigeria (I don't know about the ones in the North) only have the Holy Bible for lodgers.

While this is a good developments, I always wonder what about adherents of other religions?

That is Gideon bible. You can join the train to distribute it for free. Do you remember way back when you were given new testament version of the Bible? Same people are distributing complete bible ( new and old testament) in most hotels, hospitals and prison.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Bobnotrouble: 11:26pm On Oct 28, 2018
selfwife:
you haven't made a point or are Muslims perfect? or is reading the Qur'an not capable of changing lives?how do you intend to keep it away from people that may need it more and expect it to influence them?why can't it be fully translated to English to that more people can read and learn?please you that know a lot,explain.

When will you stop exposing your ignorance? If you care, of course, there are fully translated English copies of Qur'an. I think you're suffering from islamophobia. We Muslims regard and respect the Holy Qur'an. Take it or leave it!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by selfwife(f): 12:37am On Oct 29, 2018
Bobnotrouble:

When will you stop exposing your ignorance? If you care, of course, there are fully translated English copies of Qur'an. I think you're suffering from islamophobia. We Muslims regard and respect the Holy Qur'an. Take it or leave it!
Smiles......Islamaphobia......Oga on a serious note if not for only two reasonable and enlightened Muslim's that I have met,isn't Islam worth fearing it can be very lethal at times.esp when you have been caught in crisis in northern Nigeria or have lost loved one's to the hands of those who have the whole Qur'an in their brains but have no idea what it teaches.Just loving your religion without adequate evangelism on the core subjects of human life,sympathy and love will only raise more questionable muslims.if you regard and respect a book but are not transformed and reshaped by the book,what difference does it make?.and I think the solution is to reduce the Ignorance present within your folk and not picking on me.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by Bobnotrouble: 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2018
selfwife:
Smiles......Islamaphobia......Oga on a serious note if not for only two reasonable and enlightened Muslim's that I have met,isn't Islam worth fearing it can be very lethal at times.esp when you have been caught in crisis in northern Nigeria or have lost loved one's to the hands of those who have the whole Qur'an in their brains but have no idea what it teaches.Just loving your religion without adequate evangelism on the core subjects of human life,sympathy and love will only raise more questionable muslims.if you regard and respect a book but are not transformed and reshaped by the book,what difference does it make?.and I think the solution is to reduce the Ignorance present within your folk and not picking on me.

Indeed! You're an incurable ignoramus! I'm busy. Why am I even trying to educate you? It's like flogging a dead horse.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Hotels Have Only Bibles In The Rooms? by CallMeAthena(f): 2:03am On Jul 21, 2020
sr:

Sir, your assertion is incorrect, non Muslims are allowed to study the Quran and nowhere it's that they are discouraged. Perhaps why you won't find it in hotel rooms is because it should be kept only in respectable places, I am not sure most hotel rooms qualify as such. Also some non Muslims have been known to discredit the Quran that's why it's kept in controlled places.

P.S
Remember no good Muslim will ever disrespect the Bible
You must be a muslim.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Famous Rosary Miracles (for Believers). / The Experience Lagos 2018: Don Moen, Kirk Franklin, Others Set To Visit Nigeria / Benson Idahosa's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.