Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! (19631 Views)

Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters / Zimbabwean Guard And Friend's Wife Turn Cemetery Into Sex Spa (Photo) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
armyofone:
Shaving my legs- a big no no. I love my hairy legs.
Aveeno face wash a daily must.
Shower - 2 ice daily. I don't drink coffee so cold water bath helps.
No make up just eye liner and lip gloss.

Nice one @ Bukatyne.

Pics or idonbelieveit grin

@computergeek: I believe Aveeno face wash is a cleanser.

Thanks
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
bukatyne:

I wish I could share pictures, that Asian girl is natural na. Nature would have somehow aligned it to be fine.

Sorry at buying clothes in the open market today. I totally understand the stress. sad
share pictures, please. tongue smiley
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Seahawk: 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Actually God didn’t give women longer hair.

We just grow our hair longer and men tend to cut theirs. Most hair grows the same according to your genetic tendencies but not according to gender.

Also bigger hips and bigger boobs just make us different from men. Not better looking. The tendency to think that it looks better is because of the sexuality attached to that.

I care about beauty a lot (I’m even a little bit vain but I digress).

But I don’t think every woman should. The reason why I say so is to avoid shaming women who have other things that interest them besides their physical beauty. And for some women, they might still do everything right the way we think THEY SHOULD, yet they won’t measure up to societal standards of what women should look like. It creates hopelessness and unnecessary low self esteem for those who can’t achieve that.

I would recommend many things for women who are interested in conforming to my ideas of beauty, but I wouldn’t say that every woman should do such and such.

bukatyne:

There is a reason God gave us longer hair, wider hips, bigger boobs etc. in relation to men.

I think every woman should care about beauty, it is God's gift to man. I was surprised when I was in the midst some women (Deeper Life like) and they were concerned with their looks, how neat their hair was, how their colours combined, silver brooches to silver wristwatches etc. They were obviously not concerned with the normal makeup jewelry thingy yet they actively pursued beauty as they deemed fit.

I believe there are don'ts and then ladies pick the dos that suit them. For instance, I wouldn't say don't wear trousers, I would say don't wear skinny ones if you have bow legs.

14 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Processor01:

That statement is quite odd coming from a NL Feminist. BTW, I agree with your take but always known you to mostly kick against such comments.

And I don't know why the modern day woman finds it demeaning that men and women are made differently. Men are moved by their sight (well, not excusing those who lack self control).

1. I may be wrong but I'd wager a bet that you've shelved some of your Feminist beliefs from a few years ago. It is somewhat evident from your posts/threads.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the thread (maybe I go use style dey sight for wife here sef grin).

1. Funny how I stumble on posts 5 years back and my thoughts are same. I have resurrected some dead treads that way.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
SixDividedByTwo:
share pictures, please. tongue smiley

What do educated people call taking and posting pictures without authorization?

Na night school I go and I no read law.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
bukatyne:

You have known me bukatyne to kick against such comments?

It is obvious you know nothing about moi.

And I am NOT an NL feminist; I am a feminist who believes in the equality and equal opportunities for both genders.

Go through my threads to have a grasp of me (if you are interested).

Perhaps it's a different person from the one that used to be on the "Boys Night Out" thread. For the records, I believe in equal opportunities for both genders but not a feminist, never will be.

Anyway, kindly excuse me then since I do not wish to derail your thread.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
Seahawk:
Actually God didn’t give women longer hair.

We just grow our hair longer and men tend to cut theirs. Most hair grows the same according to your genetic tendencies but not according to gender.

Also bigger hips and bigger boobs just make us different from men. Not better looking. The tendency to think that it looks better is because of the sexuality attached to that.

I care about beauty a lot (I’m even a little bit vain but I digress).

1. But I don’t think every woman should. The reason why I say so is to avoid shaming women who have other things that interest them besides their physical beauty. And for some women, they might still do everything right the way we think THEY SHOULD, yet they won’t measure up to societal standards of what women should look like. It creates hopelessness and unnecessary low self esteem for those who can’t achieve that.

I would recommend many things for women who are interested in conforming to my ideas of beauty, but I wouldn’t say that every woman should do such and such.

1. I totally get your point. This thread is not to shame, just help us improve.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Seahawk: 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
In which feminist rule book did you see that women are supposed to dress like men?

franchasng:
You are sexualizing women

in Feminists own voice...if you are to abide the feminists rules, women are supposed to dress and look like men and not to be adored or admired because of their sexiness or beauty, so I am surprised seeing all the nairaland's e-feminists having ecstasy on this thread, wonders sha undecided
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by armyofone(m): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
grin I will show you my soft hairy legs. I will never touch am with razor grin

bukatyne:

Pics or idonbelieveit grin

@computergeek: I believe Aveeno face wash is a cleanser.

Thanks
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Seahawk: 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
cool
bukatyne:

1. I totally get your point. This thread is not to shame, just help us improve.

Thanks.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
Processor01:

Perhaps it's a different person from the one that used to be on the "Boys Night Out" thread. For the records, I believe in equal opportunities for both genders but not a feminist, never will be.

Anyway, kindly excuse me then since I do not wish to derail your thread.

I think women should dress pretty for men does not mean they should tolerant bullshit cool.

Pick a good man with his head screwed tight and be the best you can.

Together, they work towards building their home.

Together.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2018
bukatyne:

1. Funny how I stumble on posts 5 years back and my thoughts are same. I have resurrected some dead treads that way.

You know, lots of folks can't tell when they have a bias on a subject. They usually need someone else to point it out to them.

Anyway, as it is said, "change is the only constant thing in life" (death is, too grin).

2 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Aditii(f): 10:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
The only sensible message on this thread
Daeylar:
Na wa.
See unnecessary rules and regulations for women.

Please women do what you want and do as you please. Abeg.
You didn't come to this life to live for anyone.
Dress as you want to dress, play with your hair and make up as you please. Do what makes you happy. Just do you.

The only thing is to have the confidence to remain unshaken when anyone tries to bring you down for not acting as others are or for not dressing as they expect you to and you're good to go.
Self confidence will take you far.

And also women,
NO ONE, and I mean, NO ONE is allowed to disrespect you in anyway because of what you wear.
Not a single person.

5 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by BigBros147(m): 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ishilove:
Very helpful. I don't know if there is any woman out there that doesn't change underwear everyday. It is unthinkable embarassed
seriously? grin cheesy
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
bukatyne:

Hmmmmmm

Check that the brown powder isn't adding to the breakouts.

Once I had some stuff on my face, I washed it at night and used skineal till my face cleared (about 5 nights consistent use and stopped). Prolonged use of skineal makes your skin dependent on it and once you stop, it is back to ground zero and then, the skin is immune to it.

For regular, got a toner (Skin Doctor) which I applied after bathing.

In the mornings, get a cleanser or your regular soap, a toner and a face cream/moisturiser. Face creams I know works are Palmer's daily face lotion and Dr. Organic bioactive skincare skintone correcting cream.
Wow. Thanks a whole lot.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2018

10 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Divay22(f): 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
Lol
Makeup is just my problem, I don't see the need to.
And to think almost all my downloaded videos from YouTube are makeup tutorials still i can't shave my eyebrows to save my life grin grin

It's good to look good but do what makes you comfortable.

Like someone once said, If you wanna see the true beauty of a woman or get married to her, visit her in the morning (when she just dey wake up) cause that's the face you'll be waking up to see everyday.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
Clarathomp:
Bukatyne, your thread appears to be very subjective (meaning you have put out a list of your own likes and personal preferences out there as what you think of, as a woman's inner & outter beauty)

1. First of all the women who are strikingly beautiful to me on the outside are women who are naturally beautiful, who use little or no make and women who dress simply but tastefully.

On the inside, their inner beauty glows through good manners, they are not ill mannered but rather courteous, pleasant and helpful. Down to earth and easy to relate with is also part of their inner beauty.

2. The bum bum reaching braids may be trashy to you and some people, but pls note it is not universally seen or accepted as trashy. They are certainly not trashy to me and other people. I love & admire those braids on women, they look feminine & attractive - not trashy.

3. I am a sensual female not a sexual one. I like to touch, hold and cuddle my man, run my hands over him while we gist or watch TV, that's intimacy for me. The sexual part is more of his thing than mine. From personal experience (my experience) that's more often a man's thing.
You and I have divergent views on this. While you think we are sexual I think we are sensual

4. I strive to look and feel good, primarily for myself not for the opposite sex. Their admiration & compliments when voiced is only like an added bonus. Looking good helps to boost my self confidence, it is not first & foremost about attracting the opposite sex. If that happens hey great, but doing me was my goal. Anything else na jara not the koko.

All opinions/threads/write ups are subjective.

1. Exactly same as what I said in the OP. I touched on excessive makeup and mentioned somewhere I sometimes go bare and use ponds + coloured lip gloss on an average day. Ditto inner beauty.

2. I wish I could post pictures. I have not seen one attractive and I absolutely love long braids. I cut my x-pression into two parts... Go figure. Once it is past the waist reaching the bum, I haven't seen a nice one. The one I did too was not nice.

3. What I had in mind was sensual. Please note where you noticed so I can change it, thanks

4. We look good for ourselves generally and for our man specifically.

3 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by bukatyne(f): 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
Divay22:
Lol
Makeup is just my problem, I don't see the need to.
And to think almost all my downloaded videos from YouTube are makeup tutorials still i can't shave my eyebrows to save my life grin grin

It's good to look good but do what makes you comfortable.

Like someone once said, If you wanna see the true beauty of a woman or get married to her, visit her in the morning (when she just dey wake up) cause that's the face you'll be waking up to see everyday.

Make up as per powder and gloss or makeup as per contour, highlight etc? If it is the latter, you are not alone. I can't do those things to save my life.

My glam sef is foundation, lip stick, eye shadow, mascara, eye liner and powder with ponds powder as my primer.

I think we need to go out of our comfort zone sometimes.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by FreshBoss007: 11:35pm On Oct 21, 2018
ahnie:
What about those that doesn't apply make-up?face toner or whatever.

Any hope for dark skinned women like me...i need a good cream(not those expensive one)Tha wud make my skin shinny.

lol, try Ororo (groundnut oil) 100% natural and inexpensive
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by folake4u(f): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
My kind of thread.

Well,I'm a beauty advocate too and a Naturalista wink.
Not really keen on makeup too though.

@ computergeek . Achieving a silky smooth face is achievable at low cost.
Mix cinnamon powder, a pinch of salt, egg white and honey together and apply on a freshly washed face.
Leave for 10-20mins till its dry or you begin to feel the 'tightness' or 'firmness' of the egg white.
Rinse with warm water.
Dab a clean towel on your face gently and add your face moisturizer.

Voilà! You're good to go.
It works well for me smiley.
Cinnamon (helps to reduce wrinkles and lines on the face)and increases blood flow.
Honey- for glow and moisture.
Egg white helps to make face firm,tightens your pores.
Salt is for exfoliation.

Or you can steam your face thrice a week.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Saff(f): 1:09am On Oct 22, 2018
folake4u:
My kind of thread.

Mix cinnamon powder, a pinch of salt, egg white and honey together and apply on a freshly washed face.
Leave for 10-20mins till its dry or you begin to feel the 'tightness' or 'firmness' of the egg white.
Rinse with warm water.

Cinnamon (helps to reduce wrinkles and lines on the face)and increases blood flow.
Salt is for exfoliation.

You’re very pretty. I’ll take your advice Lool

2 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by ndindiatu: 2:21am On Oct 22, 2018
Ishilove:

I don't apply make up too but what I do is wash my face at least three times a day and rub a little face cream to keep my skin supple...

In my dreams cheesy

Oya bukatyne, talk. I don't do ponda because it doesn't work for me. I use Mary Kay lip gloss but it doesn't last up to an hour before I unconsciously rub them off because I compress my lips when I'm tense. Nowadays I just rub talcum powder and gerrout of the house, society's standards of beauty can kiss my non-existent ass.
I
I love it when I attract a man without makeup. Then on a serious date I will wear make up and reveal my figure eight with hugging dress. The look on the man's face.eh like Na me.get this. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Ishilove: 3:56am On Oct 22, 2018
GreatManBee:

How about the men?
Men we know, for women it is totally unhygienic because of the nature of our bodies.

1 Like

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 22, 2018
folake4u:
My kind of thread.

Rinse with warm water.

Salt is for exfoliation.

Thanks Folake Darling.

But I tried egg white formally and I broke out in a major rash. My skin is like super-sensitive. What other women try and get off good, I try and get plunged into major spot and rash issues. I tried honey and broke out too. I think it's genetic cause all this stuff broke out my elder sister too. Can be so frustrating! My friend once said to try exclusive morning sex, loooool.

I'm pretty sure cinnamon and salt will worsen the issues. Even being out in the sun too long makes my facial skin get prickly. I got major problems lol.

But thanks anyway. you're a bae.

Bukatyne
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by sisisioge: 6:14am On Oct 22, 2018
cheesy

I love beauty too...I keep telling myself to buy a face cleanser, mask or scrub...I have been lucky for too long grin

2 Likes

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by NoToPile: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2018
Nice thread bukatyne.

Nice tips.

1 Like

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by NoToPile: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2018
Ishilove:

Jergens darkens. It is the opposite of bleaching cream

Really? Never darkened me when I was actively using it.
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by folake4u(f): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2018
computergeek:
Thanks Folake Darling.

But I tried egg white formally and I broke out in a major rash. My skin is like super-sensitive. What other women try and get off good, I try and get plunged into major spot and rash issues. I tried honey and broke out too. I think it's genetic cause all this stuff broke out my elder sister too. Can be so frustrating! My friend once said to try exclusive morning sex, loooool.

I'm pretty sure cinnamon and salt will worsen the issues. Even being out in the sun too long makes my facial skin get prickly. I got major problems lol.

But thanks anyway. you're a bae.

Bukatyne

Lol reminds me of my sister. She reacts to honey and cinnamon too.
shocked. I havent seen anyone who reacts to egg white, you're the first though cheesy.

Morning sex kwa? grin Be kiaful baby grin.

Hmm OK since your skin is super sensitive, why don't you try aloe vera gel on your face. It's good, has antiinflammatory, antibacterial benefits. Try it today, your skin will thank you smiley.
Uhm you could also try rose water too for a smooth face.
Tomato juice DIY.
or Oatmeal and yoghurt DIY.

You're welcome love.

mention me if you have any questions too cool.

1 Like

Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by folake4u(f): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2018
ndindiatu:
I
I love it when I attract a man without makeup. Then on a serious date I will wear make up and reveal my figure eight with hugging dress. The look on the man's face.eh like Na me.get this. Lol

It's like you know my mind grin grin grin grin
Re: Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! by folake4u(f): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2018
Saff:
You’re very pretty. I’ll take your advice Lool

Lol thanks Saff. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? / Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway / A Surrogate Mother Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.