Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? (19649 Views)

"When You Flaunt Baby Bumps, You Attract Negative Human Spirits" - Reno Omokri / Lift Your Hips/buttocks In 20 Min With EMS HIP TRAINER / The Difference Between The God, The Gods And Goddess: Holy Spirits And Angels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by RealMarv(f): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2021
You feel down, uninspired and lazy; plus at the same time angry because you’re not doing anything. You want to lift your mood and be productive but feel stuck. You might feel down because you’re tired, overworked, overwhelmed or something bad happened to you.

It’s okay and normal to feel uninspired sometimes and I think everyone goes through these phases in life. However, when they become too long, you might want to use some strategies to lift your mood and get yourself back on track.
So I was wondering how folks get to lift their spirits when they feel down. I'd like to hear your strategies.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Bigredmachine: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
By listening to some nice music or watching Mr sabinus the mumu man

AkaraAndBread:

Bros, good afternoon O. How is the family?

this guy face alone ennnnn na comedy

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Lilsameey: 11:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
Music wink

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Daronyk(f): 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2021
Music and listening to motivational talks especially the ones that challenge and help launch into action

59 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Abovebest(m): 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
I pray in tongues and rejoice

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Nebes: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
I seek my Lord’s face. He has never failed me.
His name is JESUS CHRIST.

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Kobojunkie: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2021
RealMarv:
So I was wondering how folks get to lift their spirits when they feel down. I'd like to hear your strategies.
■Go for a long walk.
■ Go fishing at the closest lake
■ Go for a long drive
■ gaze out the window, maybe at passersby or at the sky for as long as it will take to wake your mind back up
■ Try to binge watch those shows and movies you would ordinarily not be interested in
■ sit out in the backyard for as long as it will take for the fog in your mind to clear
■ Do chores

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by chatinent: 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
Well, I play some musics, and cheer up.

13 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Demigod22: 5:32am On Oct 04, 2021
I talk to genuine friends, listen to music, going outing. Reading books. And tentatively, I pray too.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Obaxxx(m): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2021
lipsrsealed
I play music and try as much as possible to focus on positive vibes only cheesy

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by helinues: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2021
Take some walk to somewhere you might not have been to before or been to for a while. That alone is a brain resetting cos one should see things from different perspective.

Music is also good but not by listening to your own list of songs, good radio station or songs you have not heard before should help

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by HiideaConsole(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2021
Good music

I read and I take walks around

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Bola146(f): 9:02am On Oct 04, 2021
I listen to Nathaniel Bassey music and other good music

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by qtguru(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
RealMarv:
You feel down, uninspired and lazy; plus at the same time angry because you’re not doing anything. You want to lift your mood and be productive but feel stuck. You might feel down because you’re tired, overworked, overwhelmed or something bad happened to you.

It’s okay and normal to feel uninspired sometimes and I think everyone goes through these phases in life. However, when they become too long, you might want to use some strategies to lift your mood and get yourself back on track.

gym

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Opeyemiextra(f): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Praying has really worked for me. It's like a burden is lifted off even before I'm done. It helps you keep hope alive knowing that someone is working things out for you even though you can't see it yet.
Good music also helps especially when you just get lost in it.
Books are so good so much so that you can travel through different experiences, see things different, and sometimes, you might even come across yourself in some...

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by BlackfyreRebell: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
I cry my eyes out, wail to the extent my voice becomes crack and after then I feel better and ready to push again.

Mazi lalasticlala aka papa favour
Let's get some more views pwease

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Vanilla4(f): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good music and going to the chapel.

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Bigpapi: 6:56am On Nov 06, 2021
RealMarv:

Weed connects

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2021
These are the three things that help lift my spirit.

When I Sing worship songs which usually ends in loud praises.

Or

Listen to my favorite songs.

Thirdly, I treat myself to a very delicious meal.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Karleb(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2021
BlackfyreRebell:
I cry my eyes out, wail to the extent my voice becomes crack and after then I feel better and ready to push again.

Tears are very good anti-depressants. Nice! cool

For me, I do nothing. I'm actually someone that never quits. It's like a curse.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Richy4(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2021
I am not a sadist but when I'm down, I just go on YouTube, Fish out models that fall on runway... It's the funniest thing ever smiley...My favorite was the French model that was modeling shoes holding a watering can...she fell twice cheesy...

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by graciamore(f): 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
JESUS, he is the only one who never fails

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by teacherbim(f): 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
I cry to my God or find someone to speak to.
There is a friend of mine, she is not a pastor or a motivational speaker but whenever am in trouble and I speak to her,I feel so relieve she feels so positive in everything even at the point of death.
Her words always keep me stronger.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by GboyegaD(m): 3:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
For me, I have songs that reminds me of God's faithfulness to me even when I was even unfaithful. Once I play them, I feel good. The songs are songs I have heard but I sang them my way at my lowest point at some point so I go back them. One of then says:

"To ba daru ta lemi o pe, to ba baje ta lemi o pe;
Afi wo, Eledumare, afi wo, Eledumare" which means: When things go bad or sour, who do I call? Only you, the most High.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Ishilove: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
I unlock my phone and start deleting contacts on my social media pages. So cartharthic angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Hathor5(f): 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
I don't have the luxury to stay unproductive for too long. My motivation problems turn into keeping-up-with-deadlines-problems which must be solved with or without motivation. grin

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by descarado: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ensure you live a balanced lifestyle and there will be no room for such for a long time when the feeling comes.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by descarado: 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ishilove:
I unlock my phone and start deleting contacts on my social media pages. So cartharthic angry
cheesy cheesy
Now this is funny.
Why will you do that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by descarado: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
Hathor5:
I don't have the luxury to stay unproductive for too long. My motivation problems turn into keeping-up-with-deadlines-problems which must be solved with or without motivation. grin
Exactly kiss

No dull moment.
I unwind by binging dramas. By the time I finish analysing a full series, I will not remembersuch anymore.

If I'm not watching something, I will come here and talk about Nigeria and its problem. That one is the number one motivating force grin

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by descarado: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
BlackfyreRebell:

Most times, too much tears is self pity.
Self pity is manipulative and destructive too.

10 Likes

Re: How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? by Hathor5(f): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
descarado:

Exactly kiss

No dull moment.
I unwind by binging dramas. By the time I finish analysing a full series, I will not forget such anymore.

If I'm not watching something, I will come here and talk about Nigeria and its problem. That one is the number one motivating force grin

Lol @ number one motivating force grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway / Women: Guard Your Beauty, It Is A Blessing! / Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.