Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice (3992 Views)

Audi A8 2020 / Which Benz Model Would You Recommend If Reliability &cheap Parts Were A Priority / 2019 Audi A8 – The First One To Cross The Autonomous Border (2) (3) (4)

Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by elviszzz: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hi gurus, i intend buying a 2004 audi a8 quattro and need your contributions if to buy or not. Is it a reliable car? Will appreciate your advice, thanks.
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:10am On Oct 22, 2018
You're buying the Audi equivalent of an S Class or 7 Series.

If it's foreign used and with a decent history, not so bad. If it's Nigerian used, you probably should run away. To be honest, you probably should run away no matter what. It's a top of the line executive car with lots of technology that would have started breaking down by now–not at all a friendly proposition to the average Nigerian mechanic.

As for information on that particular year, no idea. Do your research.

I wouldn't buy it, though. Why not get a newer A4? Or C Class? I'd go with C Class, personally. At least Mercedes engines are usually top notch.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 22, 2018
Most likely run BUT it depends on the individual vehicles condition and ownership record.

I still say RUN.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by sultaan(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2018
That is an alpha male ride.

It should be in a very good shape if its tokunbo, it is not a car for the poor.

If you have the heart to be the man go ahead

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by omicpet(m): 7:25am On Oct 22, 2018
I have passed by this thread for the uptenth time and chose not to make a commitment. Wasn't sure of the Op's passion for wahal.

Sincere most advice based from reviews, and my own user experience . Your hunger can be likened to the well known phrase of " Trouble sleep , Yanga go wake am". But what do I know . Op might be a lover of wahala and that ride is serious wahala.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by 9icetoo(m): 2:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
omicpet:
I have passed by this thread for the uptenth time and chose not to make a commitment. Wasn't sure of the Op's passion for wahal.

Sincere most advice based from reviews, and my own user experience . Your hunger can be likened to the well known phrase of " Trouble sleep , Yanga go wake am". But what do I know . Op might be a lover of wahala and that ride is serious wahala.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
...extremely reliable Audi model packed with advanced technological features...but it will be advisable to have a stand by well qualified mechanic for servicing and minor repair works...

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by weyreypey: 12:31am On Oct 23, 2018
RUN. Pray against spirit of poverty manifestations in your life anytime you see the ride!!

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by kingreign(m): 4:09am On Oct 23, 2018
TheShopKeeper:
...extremely reliable Audi model packed with advanced technological features...but it will be advisable to have a stand by well qualified mechanic for servicing and minor repair works...
You lied!

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by CityNGR: 4:58am On Oct 23, 2018
You'll sell your home to maintain that car.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Thewrath(m): 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2018
kingreign:

You lied!
Hello sir,pls I will be needing your services,but I need to know your location,are you close to Kubwa?
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by fabienjoe: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

Since when have Audis, especially the big ones become 'extremely reliable'?

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
fabienjoe:

Since when have Audis, especially the big ones become 'extremely reliable'?

That guy is chatting absolute shite.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by kingreign(m): 2:37am On Oct 24, 2018
Thewrath:

Hello sir,pls I will be needing your services,but I need to know your location,are you close to Kubwa?
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2018
TheShopKeeper:

You say what? A 14 yr old Audi A8 extremely reliable? Lol, bro why na. Only someone with a great heart will buy this car when its out of warranty, things break down easily and sometimes to fix a simple problem involves taking out a lot of parts to get to it.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Somatic(m): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2018
Na who chop belleful dey buy pussycat. The people who buy cars such as these definitely do not ask of ease of maintenance or cost of parts, major factors in the car reliability index. If these are your kinda questions, you're better staying off from that vehicle.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by CityNGR: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2018
greenhulk:

You say what? A 14 yr old Audi A8 extremely reliable? Lol, bro why na. Only someone with a great heart will buy this car when its out of warranty, things break down easily and sometimes to fix a simple problem involves taking out a lot of parts to get to it.
Experience. Only personal experience can talk like this.... I'd rather buy an S klasse Mercedes.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Niell(m): 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
Maintainance habbit is key. Its a luxury German car. Maintaining an A8 will not be as cheap as the Japs,but its not impossible. If you decide to go for it,do not take anything for granted and please try to read the owners manual-very important-,there,you'll know what the manufacturer wants you to use,when its to be used et cetra.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by CityNGR: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2018
Niell:
Maintainance habbit is key. Its a luxury German car. Maintaining an A8 will not be as cheap as the Japs,but its not impossible. If you decide to go for it,do not take anything for granted and please try to read the owners manual-very important-,there,you'll know what the manufacturer wants you to use when its to be used et cetra.
It can be very impossible.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by sultaan(m): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
It is a 15 years old Audi flagship. A lot of things will need to be replaced and none of them will be cheap.

A brand new A8 costs about $90k. Imagine your self owning a Mercedes Benz 550 or BMW 750 and cost associated with ownership, that is what to expect
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Lexusgs430: 12:43am On Nov 02, 2018
Why of una dey scare OP from buying an Audi A8 ? All this demeanours, raise your hand if you would not mind been in the passengers seat ?

Nah motor for yesterday millionaire, wey hit money today......

We would have to revive siena to become an active member on OP's thread...... We can just see the type of threads OP would be creating ........

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 02, 2018
ElvisZZZ, what did you do? Did you buy the car?
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by TheGrandMaster: 12:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
EgunMogaji:
ElvisZZZ, what did you do? Did you buy the car?

ElvisZZZ has left the building. Y'all scared him away from the Audi. grin it's good advice though, that ride will be a big hole in the pocket.
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Kewtt: 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2018
TheGrandMaster:

ElvisZZZ has left the building. Y'all scared him away from the Audi. grin it's good advice though, that ride will be a big hole in the pocket.
Not even you.... Grandmaster with your wealth of experience...
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Niell(m): 11:10am On Nov 04, 2018
CityNGR:

It can be very impossible.
well yeah,to people who have registered that in there minds. There are A8 owners who will tell you "great car,no major issues"
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:12am On Nov 04, 2018
Niell:
well yeah,to people who have registered that in there minds. There are A8 owners who will tell you "great car,no major issues"

There are also people who've jumped out of planes 5km in the sky, and survived.
People who've been bitten by black mambas and survived.
People who've won 1 in a million lotteries.

What does that tell you about anecdotal evidence?
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by radautoworks: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
DON'T. IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND THAT MUCH, BUY A HIGH END MERCEDES. LESS HEADACHES.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Kewtt: 7:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
elviszzz:
I have an infinity fx45 for sale. It's a naija used and it's in good condition. Mileage is 78000,perfect engine n gear, bose sound system with a woofer. Call me on 07033315804.
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by elviszzz: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hi gurus I ended up not buying the car ooooo! After checking ur contributions I had to change my mind. Am still in the building, thanks all.

Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by weyreypey: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2019
greenhulk:

Lexusgs430 can
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by Lexusgs430: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
weyreypey:

Lexusgs430 can

I can't o, biko...... This cars could be cheaper luxury vehicles on a budget, but at the expense of your bank balance and blood pressure......... cheesy
Re: Audi A8 Reliability, Pls Advice by MaziBillionaire(m): 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
the models were built in 2003, that doesn't mean they've been on the road since then. An Audi A8 is a very good vehicle with a very strong engine under the hood. it's a German machine made to the highest standards. it is audi's flagship model Everything in the vehicle is exquisite. Most people aren't going to support you doing anything. People would always discourage you, saying you're about to make a wrong move, you don't have money, you'll get a heart attack, you can't do it.... bla.. bla... bla...

learn to do what you want to do. check the car out. if the specs and mileage are okay... go ahead and buy it. don't be too moved by what people say. people are overly negative nowadays

How Many Exhaust Pipe Can You Count In This Image? / What Does Air Flow Meter Do In A Car? / American Cars, What Is So Wrong With Them?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54