Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study (1458 Views)

Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by Modo9(f): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2018
i am currently in my final year and i have lost all motivation to study. what can i do
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by Strangebuttrue(m): 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
You don't need motivation, you must read, it remains small. Just read whether there is motivation or not

5 Likes

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by hakeem4(m): 5:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
when you come to public forums to ask this type of questions. The answer you would get is " please don't quit". well that is okay

now the question you should ask yourself is

why did i go to university in the first place? " do i just want to get a piece of paper with my name and grade on it?" or did my parents force me to go o university. but if you see that you are no longer enjoying what you are studying, you can either manage to finish this phase and practice what you feel like later or drop out and practice what your mind wants you to practice. after all the certificate does not guarantee you a successful life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by FreshShavedBalls(m): 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
Same thing happened to me last year. I didn't attend any lectures. Just had to force myself to write tests, exams and project and now its over. For what it's worth you've already spent 3 or 4 years so what is 1 more?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2018
I assume you're fed up of the same routine for years. Do something you've been holding yourself back from. And finish proudly.
But getting a sabificate (as my friend calls it) isn't the only determinant to success. If you really think this through and you still don't find the zeal, and you are sure you'd have something to do, like a plan or something, then quit with all conviction and walk into it.
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by maxnedu11(m): 10:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
It's quite normal especially due to poor grades, repeated class routine, boring lecturers e.t.c. I recommend a change in study pattern if your course Is highly practical, watch interesting videos of it, surround yourself with people of positive mindset, get your rest and NEVER EVER conclude to finish some courses through extra year.
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by otipoju(m): 12:34am On Oct 22, 2018
Happened to me in the final year. Jeez i was missing classes and going late.

There was a particular class that i did not attend for the whole year and i did not care. Twas a special elective though and did not carry much weight since i had enough credits.

You just have to force yourself to do the needful.
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by jerflakes(m): 8:00am On Oct 22, 2018
Modo9:
i am currently in my final year and i have lost all motivation to study. what can i do

It happened to me too

So it's normal

By the time you're done with the first semester exams, and you see that it's only one semester left in that goddamed school, your motivation will come back immediately

No fear

just do your thing

2 Likes

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by lobell: 8:44am On Oct 22, 2018
It should be obvious even to you that your village pipo are working overtime. They can not believe you made it this far. The choice of who wins this battle is entirely yours. Choose wisely!

1 Like

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by anochuko01(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2018
Same thing happened to me in my finals too. i remember answering less than two out of five questions in my last mth exam.
op, just look for anything to motivate you. no matter how foolish the thing may be.
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by joedoc44: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2018
Trust me it always happens to almost all final year students especially those below 25. so don't take it too personally.
I remember missing out on almost all my final year test and group assignments. My own problem started when it became clear to me, that no matter how hard I read I was never going to make 1:1. Reading became pointless to me.. I literarily started balling, a lot of mixed feelings set in and all I wanted was to graduate as soon as possible so I can get the freak out of the hellside school

Buh hey I still gat to maintain my standard there and then and I'm sure u've gat a standard to maintain too
let ur set standard become ur motivation

U must maintain ur standard. if not you will be disappointed with yours when you set eyes on your transcript

2 Likes

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by Fierce11: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
You're are not serious.. At your final year, you should be matured enough that know that you've come far.. Asking such a childish question, shows why you should drop out and apply for a 50% refund of tuition fees.
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by Hahjascho(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Modo9:
That mood is a big SCAM to failure.(to avoid story that touches)

Remember you are someone's INVESTMENT. So get up, move, read and study with those more inspired than you are.

#LeanrtALesson

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by CodeTemplar: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2018
Take a trip to where uneducated folks are and chat them up. Guage their level of enlightenment and decide whether you want to study to the end.

Also take a trip to where jobless drop outs get high and check out their situation.
Re: I Am Currently In My Final Year And I Have Lost All Motivation To Study by TissuePaper: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2018
It's a phase, it'll pass soon enough

(1) (Reply)

... / 2020 Waec Physics Questions And Answers / If We Are Nigerians? Who Are They ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.