Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (39580 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / Carry Over Is Ruining My Life Please Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Queenlovely(f): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more [url=eduregard.com.ng/why-students-carry-over-courses-in-nigerian-universities/]Carry over[/url] in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by eezeribe(m): 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
I don't know what her current CGPA is... But with 10 carryovers,I doubt if it's up to 2.0...
I would suggest the following options for her :

1)If she is like the average Nigerian girl,let her manage and write the carryovers,if she can at least pass them,graduate with a 'University attempted degree' and get married because that is the highest achievement of the average Nigerian girl.

2)If she has career dreams and passions,and her sponsors are still willing to help her,she should quietly write JAMB UTME,apply for her dream course Banking and finance and start all over again..

3)If she and her sponsors cannot stand to bear an extra year,she should quietly drop out of the University and get married or venture into business,while telling the whole world that she is a graduate (so many successful businessmen and politicians in Nigeria,are living like this)

3)If she is too frustrated,she can quietly jump into the Lagos lagoon because I wonder what she was doing to accumulate 10 carryovers....

lalasticlala,Mynd44

323 Likes 29 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Homeboiy: 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
quit school and go and hustle
No guarantee that after writing the courses she will get job

At a time No time

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nwodosis(m): 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
The only thing that can save her(you) from an extra year in her(your)father's care is getting married to an unfortunate man!

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Queenlovely(f): 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
heaven

2 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Ninethmare: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
My Sister the one you read done do
come join me for Alaba international
Na account balance sure pass oo

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Laitesmart(m): 3:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
Who needs a certificate when you can venture into whistle blowing

7 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by eezeribe(m): 3:42pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.
Seun
mynd44
Lalasticlala
Are you sure you are not the one

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by hazan041(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
let her drop out abeg
10 carryover bawoo

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
Your friend is not a serious student, school givng her economics is not an excuse cos a lady that applied for an art course was given economics and she graduated with 2_1. She should just write her spillover, economics is difficult, I agree but its in the same difficult level with banking and fin, they do so many combined courses together, she still wont do well in bank fin, mind you, there are inteligent slay queens.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Manson1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Aunty go and read hard for next year there is nothing anyone can do. Sorry if I may be sounding harsh but dats the truth

26 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Xblink(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Start from year one again... grin

13 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by stefanweeks: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
My brother,

The lord is ur strength

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Dc4life(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
Cutting all the crap, YES SHE CAN. It depends upon Will power and Self belief. There are heaps of examples out there in professional world where 'Winners' and 'Achievers' had been once so down, yet they recollected and rose.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by EponOjuku: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
10 Carry over in her final year? O di egwu.

She should go and be a motivational speaker. At least, by the time she tells people how she behaved in school, people would know to avoid lifestyles like yours.

Since you decided they you're not going to be an example to emulate, you've become a mistake to avoid.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Kobicove(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
She knew she had so many people with vested interest in her education yet she went and spent her time playing in school...

It's her cross, let her carry it! undecided

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by boman2014: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
repeat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by darey77: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Go learn blogging, tailoring, hair styling or some craft you like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
You'll never know the pain of failure until you fail....

Tell her to take heart and just repeat the year.... Running after lecturers won't help and you know what they'll demand for...

While doing that, she can get a job to do to cater for her needs so as not to be burdensome on the guardian.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Aunty school is not for everyone!

shocked
Cc NwaAmaikpe

3 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by twisteddaNy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
OP are you sure youre not talking about yourself sha

7 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by MhizzAJ(f): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Let her learn catering
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by awillabo: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by EponOjuku: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
stefanweeks:
My brother,

The lord is ur strength

Yesso, she needs divine strength to carry the carry-overs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by ikp120(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Chisos!

See market o.

You don't need advice o. Just resit the courses. Abi you wan withdraw ni? undecided

4 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by Nackzy: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
Girl prayer can move mountains
Have faith
Faith without work is Dead

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by eleojo23: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Even if she was given economics against her will, that is not an excuse to fail like this.

She could have rejected it right from the beginning if she knew she will not take it seriously but she decided to accept the admission.

She should have known that what is worth doing is worth doing well.

Well, I don't really know the advice to give now.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by HaneefahRN(f): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ah ah.
10 carryovers?!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by kinibigdeal(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
My friend is in a dilemma now. She has more Carry over in her final year. What do you think she should do. She was given economics to study as against the banking and finance she wanted. Now the day of pain is near. She cant tell her people of an extra year. They would kill her. She has so many other siblings waiting for aunty to graduate and rescue the family. What can she do. She no be slay queen oh.

I dont want to believe its actually your friend

6 Likes

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by 0m0nnakoda: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:
She was given ? I know English is not our mother tongue but make una dey try abegee.Your English can do with some improvement. Maybe your friend has a similar problem,,,,,,,,, . It is very important to master our own language first,more important but the sad truth is people generally fail to master any . Your English standard,judging from this one paragraph , is very weak O level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by EponOjuku: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

You came all the way to Nairaland to open a thread and seek advice for your friend? Why e be say all these girls claim to be seeking advice for their friends who are always off Nairaland?

You better go to OLX and start hawking your carry-overs.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? by NaijaElba(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
Queenlovely:

Let's stop this trend of my friend my friend....why can't your friend bring her case to NL. ..why are you her mouth piece....why won't you or your friend have carry over when you won't stop slaying or whatever u call it? How many hours do you read in a day? Meanwhile u spend all your time on social medial looking for what is not lost. I have no comment than to advise u to register for your carry over courses again.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education / Habiba Daggash Graduates From Oxford With First Class In Engineering / Student Beats Principal To Coma In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.