Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates (27513 Views)

APC Northern Governors Insist On Supporting A Southern Candidate / 2019 Is Near, Focus On Defeating Atiku, While I Focus On Supporting Him, Obj / Osinbajo, Ambode And Wife, Bolanle Worship At Deeper Life Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates by DavidEsq(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2018
eleojo23:

So it is Ok for believers to be ruled by unbelievers?

The problem with our interpretations is that we make everything futuristic while neglecting the present.
Why do we now cry to God when the unbelieving rulers oppress us? We should just take is as our lot to be oppressed na since we are forbidden from holding political offices.

And what do you have to say about kings like David etc?

There is definitely a place for Christians in government. Prov 28:38, Prov 29:2

Proverbs 28 doesn't have up to 38 verses. It stopped at 28. Verse 28 says: "When the wicked rise to power, a man hides himself,But when they perish, the righteous increase". Does the perishing of a wicked ruler which leads to the righteous increase, imply that a righteous or Christian ruler has taken the place of a wicked ruler?
The book of Daniel 11:38,39 talks about a certain government that would be very effective in its rulership. Is that ruler a Christian? No. Verse 39 explains that he wld bring a foreign god. Read the verses here: "But instead he will give glory to the god of fortresses; to a god that his fathers did not know he will give glory by means of gold and silver and precious stones and desirable things. 39 He will act effectively against the most fortified strongholds, along with a foreign god. He will give great glory to those who give him recognition, and he will make them rule among many; and the ground he will apportion out for a price".
Do we have such effective leaders today? Yes we do. We see America, Singapore, China, Australia, etc. So u c? Proverbs 28:28 has nothing to do with a Christian in political positions.
Now let's look at Proverbs 29:2. It says: "When the righteous are many (prosper), the people (city) rejoice,But when the wicked one rules, the people groan". Does it say or imply anything about the righteous or Christians ruling? Esther 3:13 answers that. It says: "The letters were sent by means of couriers to all the king’s provinces, giving the order to annihilate, to kill, and to destroy all the Jews, young and old alike, children and women, on a single day, on the 13th day of the 12th month, that is, the month of Aʹdar, and to seize their possessions. This verse talks about Haman who was an Amalekite, who had sworn to bring vengeance upon the Jews for destroying his ancestors, during the time King Saul reigned (1Samuel 15:3). He was a right hand to the king, Ahasuerus (historically known as Xerxes 1, son of Darius the Great). He was the 4th world power as recorded in the books of Daniel (which I urge u to look) and history itself. So it's not in doubt that he was not a Christian. The Jews suffered under one of his commanders, Haman. When Haman died, did the Jews not get relief? Did that mean that Ahasuerus was a Christian? No.
In John 17:14-16, said: "I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. 15 “I do not request that you take them out of the world, but that you watch over them because of the wicked one. 16 They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.
Look at that word "no part of". I clearly means "having nothing to do with".
Why so? Because when man fell in Genesis 3:6, man by his actions rejected God's right to rule over him and determine for him wat was right and wrong. That was wat the devil meant wen he said in verse 5 of Genesis 3, that "u wld be like God (a ruler over urself), knowing good and bad (determining or deciding for yourself wat was good and wat was bad). Since then, man has rejected God's standards of right and wrong. That tree from which the woman ate was nothing but a symbol of God's law over man. That is, so long as man never ate it's fruits, man submitted himself to God's standards of good and bad. When man disobeyed, he became a child of rebellion, whose father is the devil. That's why Ephesians 2:2 says: "In which you at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience".
Jesus identified the devil as the chief rebel at John 8:44, when he said "You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie".
The devil confirmed his right of rulership and control over this world, in the book of Luke 4:6.
The summary of it all is that God doesn't support man's government over himself, as it is an evidence of man's disobedience. Hence Daniel 2:44 tells us that God wld destroy the government of man and replace it with a heavenly one(see revelation 11:15). Take note of the word "has become" in that scripture. Hence Jeremiah 10:23 says that man cannot rule himself.
But why all this sef? Do u really want to know why?
Cc: Biglittlelois, 3Ceagle
Re: Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 22, 2018
Boxer007:

Brother please do u suck dik?

I can suck your mum's pussy
Re: Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates by DavidEsq(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
eleojo23:

So it is Ok for believers to be ruled by unbelievers?

The problem with our interpretations is that we make everything futuristic while neglecting the present.
Why do we now cry to God when the unbelieving rulers oppress us? We should just take is as our lot to be oppressed na since we are forbidden from holding political offices.

And what do you have to say about kings like David etc?

There is definitely a place for Christians in government. Prov 28:38, Prov 29:2

As for David's kingship, the bible explains that. Now, let's roll.
Who were the isrealites? Deuteronomy 7:6 "For you are a holy people to Jehovah your God, and Jehovah your God has chosen you to become his people, his special property, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.
This scripture shows that the isrealites wr not part of the world. They were a people dedicated to God. God earmarked them to be means tru with salvation would be extended to the rest of the earth. Their laws were absolutely from God. Not from man. David was a man tru whom God shepherded the isrealites. Hence he and all the Kings of Israel were answerable to God. See 1samuel 15:10,11 "Then the word of Jehovah came to Samuel: 11 “I regret that I have made Saul king, for he has turned away from following me and he has not carried out my words.” Samuel became very upset, and he kept crying out to Jehovah all night long".
Today, we have those in the congregation who Shepherd the congregation affairs. See Hebrews 13:7,17 and a host of oda scriptures.
If u observe deuteronomy 7:6, u wld realise the phrase "out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth". This shows that way was going on with the isrealites was different from the rest of the world.
Re: Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates by Boxer007(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ezechinwa:

I can suck your mum's pussy

You can suck an 82 year old woman's pussy?... WOW...GREAT..your parents must really be proud sir.. I like u already sir. We must link up
Re: Deeper Life Church Speaks On Supporting Political Parties, Candidates by godliman: 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
In my opinion deeper life is pro buhari I think the body language of pst kumuyi is clear. I think he believes buhari has integrity and is fighting corruption, hence he supports him. His recent visit to buhari is one action I did not support except if he told him the bitter truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / Army To Begin Operation Python Dance III, Others Soon, Says Buratai / Zainab Aliyu: Shehu Sani Advises Air Travellers What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.