Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Take On Tinubu And 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take On Tinubu And 2019 (563 Views)

2023 Elections Are An Improvement On 2003, 2007 And 2019 Elections - Reno Omokri / Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections / The Diff Between Presentation Of 2018 And 2019 Budget in Ekiti state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take On Tinubu And 2019 by MeanChris(m): 6:54am On Oct 22, 2018
I am a PDP apologist but I respect Tinubu. I respect him not because he is a god or a role model but because he is a politician that also has development in his mind.

Of course we know his history, his life in the US before he came back to Nigeria, He never even ventured to politics with clean hands, He was well to do but not extremely wealthy as the case may be today. The way he amassed such wealth he commands now is something the anti-corruption crusaders in the country will never talk about. But I respect him, you know the saying, a one eyed man is king in the land of the blind.

Tinubu had always been kind of a regional leader.., the alliance between CPC and ACN brought him to the national stage. Though Tinubu has interest in the Federal stage, he can never loose his highest political trophy which is Lagos state. At the moment, Tinubu has secured his grip on Lagos for the next 4 years again and needs to make serious calculations on his next move.

Right from 2015, Buhari has been showing apathy to Tinubu. The emergence of Saraki and Dogara as principal officers was supported by Buhari to clip and put down Tinubu. Down the line, Buhari sidelined him in everything. He (Buhari) even shows his obvious hands on matters that concern Tinubu (Oyegun issue, Ambode issue etc..) and his disagreement with him but they are all politicians and at the end of the day interest must come first.

Buhari needs Tinubu for one and only one thing in 2019 and beyond. The South western votes.. Nobody knows Buhari's intentions for Tinubu and mind you, it's a 2nd term, he can really really do anyhow, he has absolutely nothing to loose. Nobody will tell me Tinubu is not jittery about Buhari, his wife once ranted on a plenary that her husband has been sidelined..

Coming to Interest
Tinubu's main interest is Lagos state. Lagos state is the biggest financial field in Nigeria and Tinubu's exploits in Lagos are far more than anybody has gained from the centre. Tinubu and Atiku are business partners, political allies (we all know the story of how Atiku spared Tinubu in 2003, one of the reasons his fracas with Obj started..), Atiku is also not into "fighting corruption political enemies".

So which of the two candidates presents a secured future for Tinubu.
Someone might argue that Buhari may die or stay to the finish and hand over to Osinbajo, I laugh at that line of thought. If Apc presents Osinbajo in 2023 should they win next year, the North will bring a candidate in PDP and possibly an igbo Vp again. That Osinbajo is a Tinubu stooge is enough to turn sentiments against him and it will be a field day for the North. We could even see the position of other APC members on Tinubu from the recent Ambode debacle.

In addition, an investigation shows that Tinubu is taking nothing less than #40billion from lagos every month, a story I can remember even shifted the opinion of some of APC apologists here. I believe that if Lagos state's books were to be opened, it won't take much investigation to see Tinubu's hands.

One thing I know Tinubu will never do is leave APC.. He's a fundamentalist, He can never dump Apc but His off the camera opinions and stance might be shifted because of his interest.

My take is that Jagaban will Atikulate or has even already Atikulated because of interest but it can never be on Camera.

What do you think?

Refs..
1. http://thenationonlineng.net/atiku-why-pdp-didnt-snatch-lagos-from-tinubu/
2. https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/08/whistleblower-accuses-alpha-beta-of-tax-evasion-money-laundering/%3famp
3. https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/my-husband-was-trashed-after-apc-won-2015-polls-tinubus-wife/amp/
4. https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/buhari-governors-may-clash-with-tinubu-over-ambode/amp
5. https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.naija.ng/amp/436247-apc-crisis-northern-leaders-move-to-cut-tinubu-to-size.html
6. https://www.nairaland.com/4720863/tinubus-alpha-beta-fingered-n100
Re: Take On Tinubu And 2019 by Kwamecron(m): 6:57am On Oct 22, 2018
angry[color=#550000][/color]goodbone
Re: Take On Tinubu And 2019 by DaCharis2016: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2018
Hmmm!! N40 billion every month?? Jesus Christ.

Tinubu's godfatherism is becoming unbearable as he decides who rules in APC because he is the national leader. Why better not the party chairman?? This is a mockery. And must stop soonest because one can't continuing ruling in Lagos to eternity. He complained people are yelling at him for imposing candidates, and he's still not changed.

As for Atiku, Buhari and Tinubu. I don't think Tinubu will play anti-party politics, because lot of things will be at stake. Am sure he will manipulate Atiku to allow buhari win since he's eyeing the presidency come 2023.
Re: Take On Tinubu And 2019 by MeanChris(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
DaCharis2016:
Hmmm!! N40 billion every month?? Jesus Christ.

Tinubu's godfatherism is becoming unbearable as he decides who rules in APC because he is the national leader. Why better not the party chairman?? This is a mockery. And must stop soonest because one can't continuing ruling in Lagos to eternity. He complained people are yelling at him for imposing candidates, and he's still not changed.

As for Atiku, Buhari and Tinubu. I don't think Tinubu will play anti-party politics, because lot of things will be at stake. Am sure he will manipulate Atiku to allow buhari win since he's eyeing the presidency come 2023.

Re: Take On Tinubu And 2019 by MeanChris(m): 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
smiley

(1) (Reply)

If Ambode Can Finish Oshodi-airport Road By December, He Should Be Given Props! / Native Doctors & Others Protest Against BEDC In Benin City, See Photos / Imo AGAP Guber Candidate:how I Resisited Temptation To Sell My Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.