Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant (1482 Views)

Tinubu Is Politically Irrelevant Outside The South West / Watch How Olawepo Hashim Mocked President Buhari With ''za Oza Room'' / Okorocha Is Now Politically Irrelevant - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant by JimD(m): 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
Buhari's statement, "my wife belongs to my kitchen and the other room" is a troubling statement for women. And it is because it is reminiscent of the traditional Nigerian mentality which has been accepted as a norm.

Let me point out, I'm not a woman, because by God's grace I love being a man. And I believe we are God's image, regardless of gender. And I'm not a femisinst because the whole concept of feminism sounds logically stupid to me. Feminism affirms that men are animals, and women are equal to men. Essentially,
this means women and men are animals. Which is dumb.

Now judging from the past governments, we had some first ladies that were highly influential either positively or negatively to their hisband's government. Talk of Stella Obasanjo and mama Peace who were their husband's backbones or Turai Yaradua who ruled Nigeria by proxy while her husband was sick.

Pointedly, women are strong. But our current first lady proved to be the opposite. Yea, she does some stuff that first ladies do. But since the time I heard her protest about ministerial appointments, and was shut down by this statement above, her voice was stifled. I mean, she has had no real influence on the current Nigerian administration.

Yea, gender inequality is more potent in the North, but Turai was from the north also. It baffles me how markedly different they both are in their influences. I can't remember any significant statement by Aisha after the "za oza room" incident. And sadly, this was in front of the whole world.

So, while I'm not a feminist, I believe feminists in Nigeria are nothing but horn blowers unless they can get the president to apologize for a statement that reduces women to nothing but kitchen helps and sex tools...

1 Like

Re: How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant by Johnjanrt: 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
Go up North and meet supposed feminists having perpetual and pathological hatred for fellow ladies. Saying this from experience.

1 Like

Re: How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant by JimD(m): 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
Johnjanrt:
Go up North and meet supposed feminists having perpetual and pathological hatred for fellow ladies. Saying this from experience.
Why hatred? I don't know about that.
Re: How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant by budaatum: 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
If Buhari would just nominate a woman to a responsible ministerial post, like say Minister of Finance, we would know he does not mean women should remain in the kitchen.

And until the day he does, my bubu, you are a male chauvinistic pig and I am very not happy with you!!

sadangry

I hope he hears me!
Re: How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant by JimD(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
budaatum:
If Buhari would just nominate a woman to a responsible ministerial post, like say Minister of Finance, we would know he does not mean women should remain in the kitchen.

And until the day he does, my bubu, you are a male chauvinistic pig and I am very not happy with you!!

sadangry

I hope he hears me!

Ministerial posts are based on qualifications and even at that you can only point to one or two active female ministers in Buhari's cabinet.
Re: How Za Oza Room Made Aisha Buhari Politically Irrelevant by budaatum: 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
JimD:

Ministerial posts are based on qualifications and even at that you can only point to one or two active female ministers in Buhari's cabinet.
Yeah well, until he makes one woman a minister, my sai bubu is a mcp!

Erm, hold on! I read that again and it sounds like you're saying he has two whole complete women in his cabinet! You bloody liar!

Names please!

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Never Told Anyone He Collected US Visa, Says Campaign Official / PDP Warns INEC Against Cancelling Declared Results / Archive: : 12 Judases Of June 12 Who Betrayed Mko Abiola (hope '93)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.