Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio (779 Views)

Festus Keyamo: Tinubu Is Very Unfair To This Man Who Did A Lot For Him / Nigerians Mock Buhari's Government On Twitter With #makechangegreatagain / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by hisexcellency34: 1:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
Senator Godswill Akpabio, former governor of Akwa Ibom state under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and presently a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), in this interview, explained why he defected to the APC, among other issues. Sam Ogidan brings the excerpts:

Why did you leave PDP for APC?

My move from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is a very good movement, I think I have much better opportunity to be hearing directly from the government and also my voice could be heard from a partisan point of view. Because been part and parcel of the ruling party whatever advise or contributions I will make will be looked upon with sufficient angle. They will now know that I said it from the patriotic point of view and for the fact that I want things better in the country. And I will also contribute my quota towards the success of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration. I think that is the most important part of the movement from the PDP to APC.

I don’t believe that we should bring a government into being, without supporting that government to succeed. Because if the administration fails to succeed, it’s our children that will suffer, we will not be able to build a better future for our children. So I moved in other to stabilise the polity and I also move taking cognisance of the number of appointment this administration has given to indigenes of Akwa Ibom state. And also the kinds of programmes and activities lined up that will benefit the South South people in the Niger Delta.
For instance, in 16 years of the administration of PDP in Nigeria, I do not see one kilometer of road that was done in my state, Akwa Ibom state, because of every politics is local. But this government decided to dualise the road traverses Akwa Ibom to Calabar, I knew I need to move to support the government so that we can become part of history. You can imagine that road was constructed in 1975 and was supposed to be reconstructed seven years after, but for over 45 years that road has remained that way and the result was continuous struggle. So I want to thank this administration, because not only have they given out the contract, but the contractor have been mobilized and as I speak now work has started on that road.

I moved also to attract dividends of democracy to my people and to support a government that has decided to look at the South South, not just in rhetorics, but with physical evidence of action. So from a national perspective and from the local perspective, there was need for me to as a leader support such administration. Today, Mr President has pledged to ensure that in the 2019 budget, Aba road that have been tormenting us for years will be dualized. Aba is the commercial hob of the South South and South East, and because of that road most industries in Aba and some entrepreneurship have been affected. So my people could not access Aba, even governors find their movement to Aba difficult and that has been there for 40 years. That is why I say in 2019, it will be very difficult for any political party to control the South South, because they have seen an administration that is determined to bring about infrastructural development for the good people of the South South.
He has already pledged to extend railways from Port Harcourt to Calabar through Akwa Ibom. Something we have never seen before. Some of the things I am telling you, for some of you who have these facilities in your own area will not understand, some of us will be very excited to see railways in our lives in our state. So it was easy for me as a leader to move from PDP to APC, to a government that I believe will not only intervene in federal infrastructure but will give meaning to what we may call Nigerianess, because our people felt totally marginalized in the past.
Today, look at some of the appointments that we have in my state, am not afraid to say it that under the PDP even when I was a governor we couldn’t even have a personal assistant from Akwa Ibom state in the Presidency, not even a special assistant despite my massive support for the then PDP. But today, you can see we have the Minister of Budget and National Planning, we even have a Senior Special Assistant to the President in terms of Senate matters, Managing Director of NDDC and many more, so I believe that to whom much is given, much is expected. If this government can recognized my people and do all these for my people, as a leader I have seen the need to support that government. Some of you may not understand, I want to repeat myself, I move in national interests. Every politics is local, so I believe it’s important for us to stabilized Nigeria, I believe it’s important for us to support the federal government to succeed. So, when government wants to work, allow it to work, support the government irrespective of political affiliation and that is why I moved from PDP to APC to make sure that this government work before election. It shouldn’t be all about election it should be about the interest of Nigeria.
https://www.independent.ng/buharis-government-has-done-a-lot-for-my-people-akpabio/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by Armynu(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Ok.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by baliyubla: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
How can I take what Hitler is spewing serious, after hearing him say PDP did nothing for Akwa ibom for 16 years last week. Dude was a commissioner, Governor and Senator in those years under the PDP and even tagged himself an "Uncommon Transformer". Why do people lose their sanity when the join the occultic APC?

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by Sunofgod(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Fraudster...
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by IamD18: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
Itom nbom fool
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
I said it. Apkabio is sniffing that white powder from Columbia every morning.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by Olatunji1929: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2018
You moved to apc for your personal interest stop pretending as if you care for the masses

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by rusher14: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
Akpabio was a saint just a few months ago.
As soon as he joined forces with the winning party he has suddenly become a pariah .

The joke is on you.

Eventually, you would get to realise all the hate you harbour was planted by politicians and would be shed by politicians.

Remember how Nnamdi Kanu was the best thing since sliced bread?

How do you view him today?
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by poiZon: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
rusher14:
Akpabio was a saint just a few months ago.
As soon as he joined forces with the winning party he has suddenly become a pariah .

The joke is on you.

Eventually, you would get to realise all the hate you harbour was planted by politicians and would be shed by politicians.

Remember how Nnamdi Kanu was the best thing since sliced bread?

How do you view him today?
i still hold him in high esteem though but i think akpabio is talkng too much. its like the gods r abt killing him.
everybody knws that akpabio left cos of efcc.
he was at the verge of being docked which would hvbeen his hell for him. he should save the media space for christ sake.
his past is what is hunting him today, when u loot uncommonly, then be ready to carry the load.
akpabio was like a god during gej's tenure, what project did he lobbied for akwaibom in those four yrs? ecen the 3 senators then ita enang, aloysius etuk n esuene where all interested in how to surpass akpabios billions.
see ibaka that he should have atleast lobbied the gej govt to build, he was busy allocating monies for the project then diverting it to fvck women.

akpabio was a certified pariah n who not to be a leader.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by HotMata: 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
Let the truth be told without sentiments and biars, President Muhammadu Buhari has done a lot to bring this great nation this far. And I believe that Senator Godswill Akpabio, former governor of Akwa Ibom state knows this that is why he has come out to say these things which he has said. In terms of social development, infrastructural development, welfare of the masses, President Buhari has done well. Far more and better then what previous governments did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by rusher14: 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
poiZon:

i still hold him in high esteem though but i think akpabio is talkng too much. its like the gods r abt killing him.
everybody knws that akpabio left cos of efcc.
he was at the verge of being docked which would hvbeen his hell for him. he should save the media space for christ sake.
his past is what is hunting him today, when u loot uncommonly, then be ready to carry the load.
akpabio was like a god during gej's tenure, what project did he lobbied for akwaibom in those four yrs? ecen the 3 senators then ita enang, aloysius etuk n esuene where all interested in how to surpass akpabios billions.
see ibaka that he should have atleast lobbied the gej govt to build, he was busy allocating monies for the project then diverting it to fvck women.

akpabio was a certified pariah n who not to be a leader.
And you say you hold him in high esteem?
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by saintjimos(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2018
AM DISAPPOINTED IN AKPABIO

HONESTLY

THERE'S NO NEED FIGHTING FOR THEM
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by poiZon: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2018
rusher14:
And you say you hold him in high esteem?
he is still my senator reppin me district
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by rusher14: 4:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
poiZon:

he is still my senator reppin me district

cheesy
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2018
Akpabio is a strong politician but he's talking too much.
Re: Buhari’s Government Has Done A Lot For My People In Akwa Ibom–Akpabio by beegodson: 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
if he has done a lot for the people of Akwaibom state, he has pledged his loyalty to PMB on behalf of his people, PMB has done a whole lot in that state and improved a lot...
The people of Akwa ibom have got your back; PMB for 2019

(1) (Reply)

No Govt Will Waste Too Much Energy On Nnamdi Kanu- Lai Mohammed / 10 Quick Facts About The Federal Government's Family Homes Fund / Nyesom Wike, Ifeanyi Okowa And Other Two Governors Met Behind Closed Doors With.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.