Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra (2290 Views)

Adieu Sylvester, We All Failed You / Adieu! General David Akpode Ejoor’s Final Salute (1932 - 2019) / Photo Of N9.2billion Stoves Bought During Jonathan's Era Kept At Abuja Stadium (2) (3) (4)

The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2018
So Mazi okwu Nnamdi kanu (whom I usually deride as an albino hunchback) finally made his much anticipated broadcast yesterday evening and it was honestly an anticlimax. Supporters of APC who had hoped the speech would stir up the pro-IPOB "no referendum no elections" stand to ensure a total boycott of the 2019 polls in the SE were disappointed but they're not the only ones. The radical loyalists of the ipob family didn't fare any better. If they had hoped to use this speech as proof that they still held sway over igboland, they will surely feel let down as it only showed the contrary, which is that Kanu isn't bothered about the struggle or his followers anymore. The man obviously cares more about Jack, his dog, than about any of his unfortunate followers. Also the responses on social media has shown that the SE has gotten over it's obsession with ipob and their biafran agitation. There can never be that outpouring of support for the biafran dream as we saw from 2015 till the PDP primaries that threw up Atiku Abubakar as the PDP presidential candidate. As it is, agitation for biafra is dead.

That brings me to this point. The average SE man has realized that the possibility of a Vice presidency in the country most of the SE called a zoo, till very recently, is more urgent and realistic than any utopian biafran wish. The biafran dream that made ipob and their leader transmute into a religion is now dead. Sacrificed on the altar of the prospect of Vice president to Atiku, a fulani, in 2019.

The only winners are those who have signed on to Atikulation since October 7th. Their task is now to ensure the historical voter apathy that has bedeviled the South of Nigeria and particularly the SE region doesn't make their dream become a nightmare. With federal might and a SS man as candidate, anambra, the most populous SE state could only deliver 660,000 votes and the entire SE could only deliver 2.8m votes in total with 2.5m going to the PDP. The SW in contrast delivered 4.4m votes in total as an opposition enclave with it's party, the APC, getting 2.5m while the SS produced about 5m votes for the PDP which we must remember came about from the extreme violence, killings and militarilisation of the entire region e.g rivers state and Wike.

So bye bye ipob and kanu. Welcome Atikulation

Where's my friend, enemybulldozer. Do you still believe igbo will boycott the 2019 elections?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by jumpandpas(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
You are Buharitualistically Osibanjobless goan look for job.

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Odingo1: 3:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
Atikulate now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 3:45pm On Oct 22, 2018
jumpandpas:
You are Buharitualistically Osibanjobless goan look for job.

Thanks for your advice, I will soon enter road to get a job but in the meantime, if you are intellectually capable of comprehending and contributing intelligently to this discussion, pls go ahead.

Thanks once again

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Roger3D(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
So Mazi okwu Nnamdi kanu (whom I usually deride as an albino hunchback) finally made his much anticipated broadcast yesterday evening and it was honestly an anticlimax. Supporters of APC who had hoped the speech would stir up the pro-IPOB "no referendum no elections" stand to ensure a total boycott of the 2019 polls in the SE were disappointed but they're not the only ones. The radical loyalists of the ipob family didn't fare any better. If they had hoped to use this speech as proof that they still held sway over igboland, they will surely feel let down as it only showed the contrary, which is that Kanu isn't bothered about the struggle or his followers anymore. The man obviously cares more about Jack, his dog, than about any of his unfortunate followers. Also the responses on social media has shown that the SE has gotten over it's obsession with ipob and their biafran agitation. There can never be that outpouring of support for the biafran dream as we saw from 2015 till the PDP primaries that threw up Atiku Abubakar as the PDP presidential candidate. As it is, agitation for biafra is dead.

That brings me to this point. The average SE man has realized that the possibility of a Vice presidency in the country most of the SE called a zoo, till very recently, is more urgent and realistic than any utopian biafran wish. The biafran dream that made ipob and their leader transmute into a religion is now dead. Sacrificed on the altar of the prospect of Vice president to Atiku, a fulani, in 2019.

The only winners are those who have signed on to Atikulation since October 7th. Their task is now to ensure the historical voter apathy that has bedeviled the South of Nigeria and particularly the SE region doesn't make their dream become a nightmare. With federal might and a SS man as candidate, anambra, the most populous SE state could only deliver 660,000 votes and the entire SE could only deliver 2.8m votes in total with 2.5m going to the PDP. The SW in contrast delivered 4.4m votes in total as an opposition enclave with it's party, the APC, getting 2.5m while the SS produced about 5m votes for the PDP which we must remember came about from the extreme violence, killings and militarilisation of the entire region e.g rivers state and Wike.

Where's my friend, enemybulldozer. Do you still believe igbo will boycott the 2019 elections?

I beg to differ on one point: The Biafran agitation is far from dead, it will resurface once again after Atiku loses at the polls next year.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2018
Roger3D:
I beg to differ on one point: The Biafran agitation is far from dead, it will resurface once again next year after Atiku loses at the polls.

But it'll never gain traction the way kanu's ipob did. Atikulation, win or lose, has made that a certainty. There can never be such sympathies again except all tribes in the country decide to balkanize.

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
Buterflyle0, modath, corrinthians, cilicmarin what do you guys have to say?

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by modath(f): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
No play yasef, there is no utopia land anywhere, they know it, we know it... It's all to blackmail for sense of belonging & greater access to national cake... E sure me die dey will still go back to Ipob & agitation when dem Obituary is atikulated in FeBUHARI... This ceasefire is just temporal...

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by modath(f): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2018
Roger3D:
I beg to differ on one point: The Biafran agitation is far from dead, it will resurface once again next year after Atiku loses at the polls.

Gbam!!!!

Critical minds think alike... wink

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Roger3D(m): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

But it'll never gain traction the way kanu's ipob did. Atikulation, win or lose, has made that a certainty. There can never be such sympathies again except all tribes in the country decide to balkanize.
Kanu gained widespread support from ibos only after the 2015 elections, prior to that the slogan was GEJ till 2019. So you see when I say the agitation is closely related to national elections. When Atiku loses next year which he most likely will, we will hear chants of 'Biafra or death' once again

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
Roger3D:
Kanu gained widespread support from ibos only after the 2015 elections, prior to that the slogan was GEJ till 2019. So you see which I say the agitation is closely related to national elections. When Atiku loses next year which he most certainly will, we will hear 'Biafra or death' chants once again

That has always been my thought but when I see the kind of curses the atikulators, most of whom were once part of the "biafra or death crew", I think they won't have any spirit left for any biafra agitation o.

Infact, buratai has to protect kanu if he ever comes back to Nigeria because these his brothers will kill him with their hands

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
modath:

No play yasef, there is no utopia land anywhere, they know it, we know it... It's all to blackmail for sense of belonging & greater access to national cake... E sure me die dey will still go back to Ipob & agitation when dem Obituary is atikulated in FeBUHARI... This ceasefire is just temporal...

I swear, I'll be very surprised. Very very surprised if they'll be so shameless to pick it up again

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Buterflyle0: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
OP you are totally wrong.

IPOB or the Biafra struggle is even stronger now because they see this as the 3rd and final step to their Biafra agitation.

The reappearance of KANU and his well placed words like I AM BACK FULLY, I AM COMING BACK TO NIGERIA AND I WILL BE BRINGING HELL WITH ME are words meant to point in a certain direction and that is to create the impression that the Biafra struggle is now at its peak.

Of course the elite who feed off the system in Nigeria have never supported him because at the emergence of Biafra, KANU would become its automatic leader same way Mandela became to south Africa

However the majority of the people who are the poor and down trodden and ignored see him as their saviour and are solidly behind him.

To me, his followership just doubled and the struggle just took on a more fierce nature.

A meeting was held in Germany yesterday by key players in the Biafra struggle after kanus broadcast and the resolution isn't pretty but what I will tell you is that 2019 elections would experience an unprecedented level of election boycott in the SE at the presidential level.

Massob is seen as a disgrace and as having no voice for the people so the only one now whom they believe has their best interest at heart is IPOB under KANU.

In September they held a mock referendum all over the SE and it was well planned and executed and made the flame of a free Biafra to burn even hotter.

My guy 2019 is almost here. No referendum, no election is also firm

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by CilicMarin: 4:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

For me I will simply state, that the whole of Biafra nation is in disarray.

Major Igbo leaders like, Ekweremmadu, Umahi, Obiano, Anyim Pius Anyim etc are distancing themselves from Atiku and leaning beside Buhari.

Majority of Igbo people are distancing themselves from Nnamdi Kanu for valuing his dogs more than the lives of his followers that committed suicide because of him.

Now Atiku dream is fast losing steam while Biafra agitation died just yesterday..

The dilemma now is, where will they cling on after Buhari is sworn in for his inevitable 2nd Term?

What an era! grin

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by KANUISALIVE: 4:06pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

IPOB stands for the Indigenous People of Biafra and not igbo

IPOB is not compromising and IPOB is not voting

Goodluck as you conduct your (s)election nobody should mention IPOB i use god beg una

DIDN'T NNAMDI KANU WARN NIGERIANS ABOUT BUHARI? FACE YOUR MONSTER & FIND A WAY TO VOTE HIM OUT YOURSELVES. IPOB NEVER VOTED HIM IN AND IPOB IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. BESIDES, TERRORISTS DON'T GET TO VOTE grin. GIVE US A DATE FOR A REFERENDUM OR NOTHING WILL HAPPEN... FINITO!

If you no like am oya

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2018
KANUISALIVE:
[s][/s]

IPOB stands for the Indigenous People of Biafra and not igbo

IPOB is not compromising and IPOB is not voting

Goodluck as you conduct your (s)election nobody should mention IPOB i use god beg una

DIDN'T NNAMDI KANU WARN NIGERIANS ABOUT BUHARI? FACE YOUR MONSTER & FIND A WAY TO VOTE HIM OUT YOURSELVES. IPOB NEVER VOTED HIM IN AND IPOB IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. BESIDES, TERRORISTS DON'T GET TO VOTE grin. GIVE US A DATE FOR A REFERENDUM OR NOTHING WILL HAPPEN... FINITO!

If you no like am oya

Congrats that kanu is alive. I actually believed you and Emma powerful when you said Buhari killed him.

To the topic, your fellow Igbo people are cursing him and calling him a scam, fraud, fool, selfish being who only cares about Jack, the dog. With these vituperations on him, how will he muster the crowd for his ipob whenever he comes back? How will he and ipob enforce"no referendum no elections"?

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by CilicMarin: 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
U
Buterflyle0:

IPOB or the Biafra struggle is even stronger now because they see this as the 3rd and final step to their Biafra agitation.

The reappearance of KANU and his well placed words like I AM BACK FULLY, I AM COMING BACK TO NIGERIA AND I WILL BE BRINGING HELL WITH ME are words meant to point in a certain direction and that is to create the impression that the Biafra struggle is now at its peak.

Of course the elite who feed off the system in Nigeria have never supported him because at the emergence of Biafra, KANU would become its automatic leader same way Mandela became to south Africa

However the majority of the people who are the poor and down trodden and ignored see him as their saviour and are solidly behind him.

To me, his followers hip just doubled and the struggle just took on a more fierce nature.

A meeting was held in Germany yesterday by key players in the Biafra struggle after kanus broadcast and the resolution isn't pretty but what I will tell you is that 2019 elections would experience an unprecedented level of election boycott in the SE at the presidential level.

Massob is seen as a disgrace and as having no voice for the people so the only one now whom they believe has their best interest at heart is IPOB under KANU.

In September they held a mock referendum all over the SE and it was well planned and executed and made the flame of a free Biafra to burn even hotter.

Oh boy leave talk! IPOB have not been participating in any election since 1999. They are in a very minority group before 2015, until the supposedly educated ones found them a solace to latch on after Jonathan lost 2015 election.

Now, those latter group that energized them after 2015, have found a common ground on Atiku, with false hope that he would win next year, so that another looting era will beckon to enable them settle their insatiable quest for self enrichment.

Na my catchment area be this!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Corrinthians(m): 4:15pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:
Like I said on the other thread, Mazi's reappearance is a major setback for ipob, massob and whatever groups there are agitating for that same course.

Ojukwu and Uwazurike were lucky to have salvaged some reputation for the course because they didn't live in the age of fast internet. Today is totally different. Everything the boy did and said was captured and recorded and posted on social media (for the purposes of propaganda).

His disappearance would have meant something good for the course whether he had died or gone into hiding. But given the circumstances at hand, the boy has completely lost it, tarnished the credibility of the course, and completely politicised the struggle.

Wetin consine me sef. All I know is Baba is going to run his second tenure hitch free, after which our son Osinbobo takes over!

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2018
CilicMarin:

For me I will simply state, that the whole of Biafra nation is in disarray.

Major Igbo leaders like, Ekweremmadu, Umahi, Obiano, Anyim Pius Anyim etc are distancing themselves from Atiku and leaning beside Buhari.

Majority of Igbo people are distancing themselves from Nnamdi Kanu for valuing his dogs more than the lives of his followers that committed suicide because of him.

Now Atiku dream is fast losing steam while Biafra agitation died just yesterday..

The dilemma now is, where will they cling on after Buhari is sworn in for his inevitable 2nd Term?

What an era! grin

What you say is exactly how I see it. The morale over there must be very low after the man remembered Jack, the dog, but mentioned no name of those who died in his house, trying to protect him.

It just an anticlimax the way the wind was taken off the sails of ipob and biafra

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by KANUISALIVE: 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Congrats that kanu is alive. I actually believed you and Emma powerful when you said Buhari killed him.

To the topic, your fellow Igbo people are cursing him and calling him a scam, fraud, fool, selfish being who only cares about Jack, the dog. With these vituperations on him, how will he muster the crowd for his ipob whenever he comes back? How will he and ipob enforce"no referendum no elections"?

Only atikulated fools and buharistic m0r0ns are cursing him

IPOB is not a political party

IPOB doesn't compromise

IPOB are consistent and sincere in their agenda

IPOB are not interested in Zoo politics

IPOB are boycotting the election 100%

All those ranting are either paid atikulator or zombified mumus

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by BabaRamota1980: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

This is proof that IPOB came about because GEJ lost election. Atiku or death is the new energy so you want to retire IPOB. We are sure after Atikulation fail IPOB will be rescuscitated or a new noise will erupt from SE.

Biafra in whatever acronym is dead, join me and say Amen! grin

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2018
Buterflyle0:

To me, his followers hip just doubled and the struggle just took on a more fierce nature.

The South has always had low turnout for elections but it's much worse in the SE since all PDP used to do was write results since they were in charge of the region and I don't see that changing. It surely must be a worry for Atiku and Obi

Anyway, 2019 is almost here. We'll see how it goes

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
KANUISALIVE:

Only atikulated fools and buharistic m0r0ns are cursing him

IPOB is not a political party

IPOB doesn't compromise

IPOB are consistent and sincere in their agenda

IPOB are not interested in Zoo politics

IPOB are boycotting the election 100%

All those ranting are either paid atikulator or zombified mumus

Don't worry about buharists. They're very happy with him. It's the Igbo atikulators that are cursing him and threatening to hand him over to buratai if they see him. They even claim that he's now on Buhari's payroll so I just wonder

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

This is proof that IPOB came about because GEJ lost election. Atiku or death is the new energy so you want to retire IPOB. We are sure after Atikulation fail IPOB will be rescuscitated or a new noise will erupt from SE.

Biafra in whatever acronym is dead, join me and say Amen! grin

Well, we'll see after 2019

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by buhariguy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
I am still laughing the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist,
If biafra ever come to pass make i die.
Terrorist nnamdi kanu is a scam.
No lefelendum no erection.

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
Corrinthians:
Like I said on the other thread, Mazi's reappearance is a major setback for ipob, massob and whatever groups there are agitating for that same course.

Ojukwu and Uwazurike were lucky to have salvaged some reputation for the course because they didn't live in the age of fast internet. Today is totally different. Everything the boy did and said was captured and recorded and posted on social media (for the purposes of propaganda).

His disappearance would have meant something good for the course whether he had died or gone into hiding. But given the circumstances at hand, the boy has completely lost it, tarnished the credibility of the course, and completely politicised the struggle.

Wetin consine me sef. All I know is Baba is going to run his second tenure hitch free, after which our son Osinbobo takes over!

So sad as I was expecting a reinvigoration of the struggle. Anyway I'm shocked at the way the atikulators have turned full circle into enemies of kanu and ipob.

Were they not the same people cursing and abusing fulani Muslims since 2015?
Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by KANUISALIVE: 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Don't worry about buharists. They're very happy with him. It's the Igbo atikulators that are cursing him and threatening to hand him over to buratai if they see him. They even claim that he's now on Buhari's payroll so I just wonder

You see there mentality

Them think say IPOB de play ethnic politics like the zoo

That one concern them my own be say any person wey don collect money to atikulate, Biafraland go fall him hand full time and if by mistake atiku lose, any atikulated mumu wey open mouth mention Biafra na ogun go kee the person

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Buterflyle0: 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2018
CilicMarin:
U

Oh boy leave talk! IPOB have not been participating in any election since 1999. They are in a very minority group before 2015, until the supposedly educated ones found them a solace to latch on after Jonathan lost 2015 election.

Now, those latter group that energized them after 2015, have found a common ground on Atiku, with false hope that he would win next year, so that another looting era will beckon to enable them settle their insatiable quest for self enrichment.

Na my catchment area be this!

One thing I am good at is political analysis and I am extremely good at it.

Reading moods, reactions and observing emerging events form a basis for making informed decisions or taking an informed stand.

The lack of faith people developed in Massob automatically meant an increase in confidence in IPOB.

The stand of Massob and IPOB were once the same until Massob gradually began to change its position and began to become involved in the politics in the zoo. However IPOB remained resolute and never shifted.

With the comparison of other freedom fighters worldwide it showed KANU as being firm and determined. Much more than uwazurike and the others.

The memory of all that transported against then during the civil war has not been dampened and this has been a major spotlight for IPOB as they keep reminding the people over and over again about the number of their people who died at the hands of NIGERIA for simply seeking freedom.

Generations have gone and others have come but the memory hasn't faded. This was the grounds for the Biafra struggle which is louder now than in the times of Ojukwu .

As I type this, plans are in top gear to begin house to house and serious media campaigns for boycott of the elections.

I am a bit of a networked person so I tend to be privy to a little bit more info than others

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by shukuokukobambi: 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2018
KANUISALIVE:

You see there mentality

Them think say IPOB de play ethnic politics like the zoo

That one concern them my own be say any person wey don collect money to atikulate, Biafraland go fall him hand full time and if by mistake atiku lose, any atikulated mumu wey open mouth mention Biafra na ogun go kee the person

Ok o. Let's see how it goes

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by Olohunjedalo(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
Roger3D:
Exactly!
PDP is behind it all!

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by buhariguy(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Roger3D:
Kanu gained widespread support from ibos only after the 2015 elections, prior to that the slogan was GEJ till 2019. So you see when I say the agitation is closely related to national elections. When Atiku loses next year which he most likely will, we will hear 'Biafra or death' chants once again
you are right, Emma powerless said because buhari will win again, that is why they want to boycott the general election and because thief atiku is a Fulani herdsman,
They were actually expecting another Pdp candidate that is not from Fulani.

Re: The End Of An Era, Adieu Ipob, Adieu Biafra by BabaRamota1980: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
shukuokukobambi:

Well, we'll see after 2019

Atiku is going to defect back to APC to try his luck against Prof. grin

Ibo will return to Biafra or death.

No need to wait, place bets on it.

Look, Nigerian elections are the easiest to win. The easiest! No incumbent president should ever loose to his opposition in Nigeria. GEJ lost because he was sorrounded by Ibos and they lack political tactics. If GEJ had Yoruba behind him he would use his incumbency to return for second term and break record as longest ruling democratic president in Nigeria.

Buhari is incumbent. Beside Yoruba support he also has Hausa-Fulani lined up behind him. The West of Nigeria are the customary drivers of Nigerian policies and politics. Atiku has no chance. Not in 2019, not in 2023.

Some people are destined for power but not wealth, others are destined for wealth but no power, very few indeed have both and Atiku is not in that few. grin

Ogun 2019: Amosun To Transfer 57 APC Buses To New Party / Rabiu Kwankwanso - Very Silent, Very Efficient / I Don't Want To Share Ambode's Day Of Glory With Him - Fashola Speaks

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146