Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,918 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Modenine To Perform In London - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Modenine To Perform In London (2156 Views)

Jay-Z To Perform In Lagos On October 9th ( false: 2006 tour dates) / Chris Brown To Perform In Lagos On December 22!! / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modenine To Perform In London by 04kaa: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2010
audio:

It's a rap show, Ibime, you don't know what you're talking about, so with all due respect, leave this one.

everybody no fit get equal sense. grin
i wonder why chronic hiphop heads like ibime hate on mode for nothing. something is fundamentally wrong. how come they didnt hate on mi when he went to perform in yankee.?? na wa o.

@rapjunkie
the training wey i give u for kuwait ,jordan and afganistan , i am sure u will face ibime and tosinodeda and crush them in a heated argument, except say no be me train u for nairaland again. no fall my hand o , oya attack. grin grin grin
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by 04kaa: 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2010
rapjunkie:

ibime +tosin = two foolish goats embarassed  shocked

HOW CAN U CALL IBIME + TOSIN GOATS, ?/?
IS THAT WHAT WE TAUGHT YOU IN THE SCH OF NAIRALAND TERRORISM ? grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by rapjunkie(m): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
04kaa:

HOW CAN U CALL IBIME + TOSIN GOATS, ?/?
IS THAT WHAT WE TAUGHT YOU IN THE SCH OF NAIRALAND TERRORISM ? grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i don't need to kill an ant with a sledgehammer cool
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by eldee(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2010
audio:

Okay, i'm not particularly a Mode 9 fan, but this is ridiculous. In case anyone hasn't noticed, Mode9 is headlining. Headlining, not tagged on to a show where the Headline is DBanj or Wande or Terry G and so on. Headlining

It's a rap show, now how often do you see those. Ibime, you don't know what you're talking about, so with all due respect, leave this one.
It's not about the size. Although Cargo's size is still good. Cargo is not Planet Nollywood or some other Naija clubs where MOST Of the hip hop Acts that come to london perform. Cargo is a venue with years of history. Who knew Kaan an last year, well who doesn't know him now. If Mode9 gets even a quarter of his fame, as a fan, won't you be happy for him?
Please be happy for the guy and the event. For me, it's quite a big deal and i'm really looking forward to it.

Cargo Capacity: 800
Planet Nollywood Capacity: 600.
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by dejiariyo1: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by DBR: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2010
Errm. . .calm down guyz.
Rap.J and ibime, y'all relax already, aiite.
Ibime aint hatin on M9, i kno he feels him.

Now, tite packed 1000 purist head is far betta vibe-wise than 9600 mix multitude.
Plus, im sure e'rthin was considered b4 choosin the venue. U gotta think of the balancing here.

It aint disgraceful to rock Cargo. Yea concieted artiste may let their assumed popularity
get in they head and may want bigger venue, not Modey. That much i kow bout him.
Give him a mic in a sittin room of 9 pple, he'l perfom like he's rockin a Coldplay concert.

Yes, M9 fans will like him to pack O2 arena but hey, i step at a time.
This is 1st of many to come , lets walk b4 we fly aiite.

oNe
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by bouzymill(m): 10:41pm On Jul 23, 2010
DBR:

Errm. . .calm down guyz.
Ibime aint hatin on M9, i kno he feels him.

Now, tite packed 1000 purist head is far betta vibe-wise than 9600 mix multitude.
Plus, im sure e'rthin was considered b4 choosin the venue. U gotta think of the balancing here.

It aint disgraceful to rock Cargo. Yea concieted artiste may let their assumed popularity
get in they head and may want bigger venue, not Modey. That much i kow bout him.
Give him a mic in a sittin room of 9 pple, he'l perfom like he's rockin a Coldplay concert.

Yes, M9 fans will like him to pack O2 arena but hey, i step at a time.
This is 1st of many to come , lets walk b4 we fly aiite.

oNe
They might not understand this, as simple as it sounds. . . One thing I always avoid while responding to Modenine's issue on this nairaland is that, whatever you say, you're a "stan", "groupie" or anything of such. But the point is clear even from the arguments.
[b]
1. Someone said it's a small club and yet its capacity is about 800. and that's a small club?

2. Agreed Modenine is not a new guy and Naeto C, Wande Coal, etc. all go to London to perform in 02. Is that supposed to be a shame for Mode9? Who doesn't know these are pop artists and they would always attract more people to shows than ten mode9s? or would you compare a talib kweli show to in London to even Chris Brown's show?

3. Knaan performed in Cargo last year and someone said who was Knaan last year? This question alone tells me how heavily you rely on radio and TV hype to know an artist. or maybe the question is where were you last year?

4. From this argument here, are you saying when Modenine is going to America for his first show, He should go and perform in Madison Square Garden Will that be ok.

5. However slow his progress his, would you argue with me that his first show in London, performing in Cargo, is still a step backward in his career?

6. Or have you guys forgotten Modenine is not your regular Tuface, not your regular Wande Coal, not your regular Dbanj, not your regular P Square. He's an emcee for God sake. How fast do you think he can go?
[/b]

These are just rhetorical questions you shouldn't answer cos it's obvious you just hate the guy. First, It was Modenine not rocking shows anywhere. Now it is Modenine rocking small clubs in London?
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by meplus: 12:43am On Jul 24, 2010
Modenine haters pls try and google mims-haters you love me. Its dedicated to yall.
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by Ibime(m): 12:50am On Jul 24, 2010
Cool it Bouzy, I've known K'naan for years.

As of last year, a venue like Cargo is just about K'naan's level of fame. Thats the point.

Dont get it twisted. Ive never been a Modey hater. Performing @ Cargo may be a step forward but its not commensurate with Modey's level of fame/name recognition. . . . my mindset was actually that if Cargo represents a triumph after years of establishing yourself, then perhaps Naija HipHop is not that lucrative. . . . I even said that "Modey surely deserves better". . . it was these stans that jumped in all defensive and turned the debate into something else.
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by 04kaa: 6:18am On Jul 24, 2010
DBR:

Errm. . .calm down guyz.
[size=18pt]Ibime aint hatin on M9, i kno he feels him.[/size]

oNe

dbr&bouzymill
they all listen to modenine but no rapper will accept that anoda rapper is berra than him,
its just the law of hiphop
.that always makes them looks like they are hating on mode, have u noticed that most nigerians do not appreciate mode inspite of the hardwork the boy puts in.
even sauron that cannot rap a single bar thinks he is lyrically better than modenine,
talkless of ibime that spits chicken lines. lmao , mode9 is mode9 let hem keep hating, besides they will always hate anyway, if ofoka becomes naija best rapper now, my haters will emerge first from nairaland , grin grin
i never even become star i already have haters, but dont bother mode9 was built to withstand haters like them,
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by dejiariyo1: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2010
04kaa:

dbr&bouzymill
they all listen to modenine but no rapper will accept that anoda rapper is berra than him,
its just the law of hiphop
.that always makes them looks like they are hating on mode, have u noticed that most nigerians do not appreciate mode inspite of the hardwork the boy puts in.
even sauron that cannot rap a single bar thinks he is lyrically better than modenine,
talkless of ibime that spits chicken lines.
lmao , mode9 is mode9 let hem keep hating, besides they will always hate anyway, if ofoka becomes naija best rapper now, my haters will emerge first from nairaland , grin grin
i never even become star i already have haters, but dont bother mode9 was built to withstand haters like them,

I said i wont comment on this post anymore but trust me this made me lmao
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by audio: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2010
Ibime:

Cool it Bouzy, I've known K'naan for years.

As of last year, a venue like Cargo is just about K'naan's level of fame. Thats the point.

Dont get it twisted. Ive never been a Modey hater. Performing @ Cargo may be a step forward but its not commensurate with Modey's level of fame/name recognition. . . . my mindset was actually that if Cargo represents a triumph after years of establishing yourself, then perhaps Naija HipHop is not that lucrative. . . . I even said that "Modey surely deserves better". . . it was these stans that jumped in all defensive and turned the debate into something else.

Have you ever been to CARGO? The venue has history. International acclaim. In Nigeria, there are no dedicated music venue's that have been around for years, so i don't think you'll appreciate the significance of Mode9 performing there.
Kaan'an has performed there, he is now an international star. Nneka has performed there and she just opened for NAS and Damien Marley for their London show. Do a search and you'll see the caliber of artist that has passed through there.
London is not Nigeria where his main fanbase is. Plus he's not doing Timaya music, which is what brings out the masses. This show is for hiphop heads. I think the venue is perfect.
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by DBR: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2010
M9 Warmin up for the show freestyle;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSVrM8kuSU&feature=autofb

oNe
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by shotster50(m): 2:29am On Jul 28, 2010
Saw a listing in the Metro yesterday about Modenine's performing at Cargo. It really isnt as bad as some peeps here are painting it.
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by bouzymill(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2010
shotster50:

Saw an something in the Metro yesterday about the Modenine performing there. It really isnt as bad as some peeps here are painting it.

Maybe we can call them bad painters. . . :d but for real, people make sh!t look real bad here.
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by audio: 11:59am On Jul 28, 2010
Did anyone go to the show yesterday? Saw some pictures on Facebook, looked really good
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by rapjunkie(m): 9:01am On Jul 29, 2010
Check this out
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by rapjunkie(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2010
Mode9 - The legend

Re: Modenine To Perform In London by rapjunkie(m): 9:05am On Jul 29, 2010
modenine and moeazy

for those of u who didn't come. . . . . .u missed!!!! hahahahahaha

Re: Modenine To Perform In London by DBR: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2010
Rap.J!!!
double thumbs up, dude.
Glad t'was a success.
Good lookin' out.

oNe
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by rapjunkie(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
DBR:

Rap.J!!!
double thumbs up, dude.
Glad t'was a success.
Good lookin' out.

oNe

nice one DBR. . . . . wink

DREAMS ARE FOR SUCKERS!!! DODO IS FOR FOOOOOOOOLZZZZZZZZZ!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by DBR: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2010
rapjunkie:

nice one DBR. . . . . wink

DREAMS ARE FOR SUCKERS!!! DODO IS FOR FOOOOOOOOLZZZZZZZZZ!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Hehehe. . .u kno naaa. No Dodolizing o grin

Mnwhile, anything rip on Youtube yet?

oNe
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by audio: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2010
rapjunkie:

modenine and moeazy

for those of u who didn't come. . . . . .u missed!!!! hahahahahaha

Looks like it. How was K16's set?
Re: Modenine To Perform In London by dejiariyo1: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2010
audio:

Looks like it. How was K16's set?

k16 had a good show too but pple watch out for that girl called pryse, she is fire and gonna blow never seen such energy from a girl before and fazillion as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ed Sheeran - No. 6 Collaborations Project (2019) Zip Free Download / The Games One Blood(remix) Sick Tune / Korede Bello - Godwin Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.