Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works - Autos (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (16924 Views)

Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
dannybrasky:

It is what it is. Life in naija.

and the circle continues
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dannybrasky(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
dru23:

sometimes you dont need a new one.. the one i bought for my elantra was a used rebuilt one.. am sure if the mechanics can take their time ,they can rebuilt it in Lagos.. If mechanics in Lagos can convert a 2008 car to a 2010 upgrade car.. so rebuilding a/c compressor should not be a big deal

Do you really know the conditions that comes with buying a used automatic compressor? Even your ac technician will keep singing it into your ears he can't guarantee it for a day. If e don pick and it stop after 30 minutes you can't return it. angry

I have never been in such situations,may be I'm lucky I don't know,I'll just tell the technician go on and install,I'll take the risk. And it has always worked.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Eddee(m): 12:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
dru23:

you lucky say i no get meme to give you.. it pains now

Nah, we are good bro. I only converse with people who won't resort to name calling. And besides if you're in the states - it takes a lot of getting used to, for you to understand how the average Nigerian gets around.

Most middle income family men earn a paltry 70-100k (193—277 USD) - Average of $235 monthly Let that amount sink in

For some it's way lower, does it mean they shouldn't own a liability that can move them from point A to point B?

** This is my last post on this AC issue. Lemme leave Aunty Rad's thread while I still can, before I won't be eligible for discounts this December ending when I bring in a surprise.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 12:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
dannybrasky:

Do you really know the conditions that comes with buying a used automatic compressor? Even your ac technician will keep singing it into your ears he can't guarantee it for a day. If e don pick and it stop after 30 minutes you can't return it. angry

I have never been in such situations,may be I'm lucky I don't know,I'll just tell the technician go on and install,I'll take the risk. And it has always worked.

same goes for all the parts in ladipo and anywhere else ... you dont really know exactly what you are buying .. you just taking a chance
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dannybrasky(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
dru23:

same goes for all the parts in ladipo and anywhere else ... you dont really know exactly what you are buying .. you just taking a chance
Not when you are buying a manual compressor though,that's the different between both. You even get a week to 2 weeks guarantee on the manual.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
dannybrasky:

Not when you are buying a manual compressor though,that's the different between both. You even get a week to 2 weeks guarantee on the manual.

very much aware of that.. i went through that experience and lost money ..until mechanic stated that i should convert it to manual use.. i figure this is not what the manufacture intended it to be. so i order one via ebay and the rest is history....
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dannybrasky(m): 1:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
dru23:

very much aware of that.. i went through that experience and lost money ..until mechanic stated that i should convert it to manual use.. i figure this is not what the manufacture intended it to be. so i order one via ebay and the rest is history....
As a big boy! Now that begs the question,what happens to those who can't afford it? Make dem die inside hot car ?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
dru23:

at what expense ? at the engine expense ? you basically over working the car engine...... such thing will never be done in a sane country .. but each to his own

dru23:

i agree with you 1000%.. .. i dont know much about cars at all. but i use common sense when dealing with certain situations.. can you believe few mechanics wanted me to change my A/C compressor from automatic to Manual.? i was told that manual compressor was the best and it does not spoil easily etc.. And i thought to myself if the car manufacture wanted the manual compressor , am sure they would have done that long time ago. People should stop converting car manufacture specifications to their own needs... A/C compressor do have a life span , and once that life span expires a new compressor should be replaced. simple as 1,2,3

Camry 2002-2006 2AZ-FE engine manual compressor.

Camry 2007-2009 2AZ FE engine

Same engine what is over working?

Kia Rio 2005 Korea spec manual compressor

Kia Rio 2006 American spec automatic compressor

Hyundai accent 2006 Asian spec manual compressor

All same engine

5 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
There is absolutely nothing wrong in buying a used automatic compressor as long as the conditions necessary for installation fulfilled.

If the system is clean and free of any form of contamination

If there is no system blockage

Use the right compressor oil type

Use the right volume of compressor oil

Use the right quantity of refrigerant

Use of high-quality refrigerant

P u l l a vacuum before refilling

Compressor will work for as long as it was designed to work.

We are all guilty of buying used cars why should we shy from using used parts undecided

Air conditioning consultant.

7 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dannybrasky(m): 2:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

We are all guilty of buying used cars why should we shy from using used parts undecided

Air conditioning consultant.

Thanks for shedding more light on this.

KAZEEM'S has caused many a whole lot of headache/ loss of money. If the procedures you listed above are followed,then there shouldn't be a problem buying a tokunbo compressor.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by thebigkendo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
Wait oh.. I am trying to understand something.. Civic 03 - 06 already has a manual(clutch) compressor which other manual compressor they wan install for dru23 again?

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by jceesquare(m): 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2019
thebigkendo:
Wait oh.. I am trying to understand something.. Civic 03 - 06 already has a manual(clutch) compressor which other manual compressor they wan install for dru23 again?
You wan find trouble abi?
You no go leave the American Uber oyel seller alone?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2019
dru23:

i agree with you 1000%.. .. i dont know much about cars at all. but i use common sense when dealing with certain situations.. can you believe few mechanics wanted me to change my A/C compressor from automatic to Manual.? i was told that manual compressor was the best and it does not spoil easily etc.. And i thought to myself if the car manufacture wanted the manual compressor , am sure they would have done that long time ago. People should stop converting car manufacture specifications to their own needs... A/C compressor do have a life span , and once that life span expires a new compressor should be replaced. simple as 1,2,3

thebigkendo:

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
LeJeun3:

Today is other day.

I wonder what she would say about the external thermostat wired in for the AC..

I would say

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:34am On Nov 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

All same engine

no mechanic should be constructing or adding to a car specification.. if the a/c compressor is automatic , a mechanic should not go and construct or covert to a manual.. that is my point...

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:35am On Nov 29, 2019
jceesquare:

You wan find trouble abi?
You no go leave the American Uber oyel seller alone?

this american uber oyel seller.. could change your life for the better ... wink
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:43am On Nov 29, 2019
dannybrasky:

Thanks for shedding more light on this.

KAZEEM'S has caused many a whole lot of headache/ loss of money. If the procedures you listed above are followed,then there shouldn't be a problem buying a tokunbo compressor.

i buy them all the time .. i have two that was requested for my client .. one is for a camry , and the other is for a Benz.. compressors were bought via ebay and certified for warranty for six months.. again my point is no mechanic should be constructing or converting anything.. most times the mechanics dont have a clue on what they are doing ... .. it reminds when a mechanic wanted to take out the thermostat of one of my car ... the reason there is a thermostat in the car ...
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:47am On Nov 29, 2019
thebigkendo:

it was not my civic bro... it was my Elantra that few mechanics wanted me to covert to manual ... i told them the car came with automatic compressor and i am not constructing sh*t to manual .. so i went on ebay bought a/c compressor and replaced the bad one... and till tday the a/c of the elantra is freezing cold ....
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 4:49am On Nov 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

All same engine

my point is that i like my car to be the way the factory meant it to be ... no add on or subtract

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by jceesquare(m): 7:32am On Nov 29, 2019
dru23:

this american uber oyel seller.. could change your life for the better ... wink

Don't start with me boy, thevisit already spilled your smelly beans on Uber thread.
So please go back to your oyel business.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by jceesquare(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2019
dru23:

my point is that i like my car to be the way the factory meant it to be ... no add on or subtract
So if your imaginary car has a factory defect you would leave it the way it is?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:13am On Nov 29, 2019
Eddee:

Nah, we are good bro. I only converse with people who won't resort to name calling. And besides if you're in the states - it takes a lot of getting used to, for you to understand how the average Nigerian gets around.

Most middle income family men earn a paltry 70-100k (193—277 USD) - Average of $235 monthly Let that amount sink in

For some it's way lower, does it mean they shouldn't own a liability that can move them from point A to point B?

** This is my last post on this AC issue. Lemme leave Aunty Rad's thread while I still can, before I won't be eligible for discounts this December ending when I bring in a surprise.

Smart man wink
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2019
jceesquare:

So if your imaginary car has a factory defect you would leave it the way it is?

In the USA we call it recall. if my car has a recall, in the sane country you take the car back to the dealership.. it is the dealership responsibility to fix the defect free of charge.. As a matter of fact my nissan had a recall years ago. i drop it off at nissan dealership and it was fix .....

Plus i dont trust Nigerian Mechanics to do nothing more than fix and service a car , when it comes engine fixing rebuilt etc ,, i rather buy another engine and have them to do the replacement... that am sure they can do
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2019
jceesquare:

Don't start with me boy, thevisit already spilled your smelly beans on Uber thread.
So please go back to your oyel business.

That local mechanic spilled my beans ...lol.. what beans , i dont like beans it makes fart ....

oyel business .. that oyel has change lifes ..join the Mobil ! team bro... your car will thank you for it .... dont hate bro ....hate is a form of jealousy
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by jceesquare(m): 8:22am On Nov 29, 2019
dru23:

In the USA we call it recall. if my car has a recall, in the sane country you take the car back to the dealership.. it is the dealership responsibility to fix the defect free of charge.. As a matter of fact my nissan had a recall years ago. i drop it off at nissan dealership and it was fix .....

Plus i dont trust Nigerian Mechanics to do nothing more than fix and service a car , when it comes engine fixing rebuilt etc ,, i rather buy another engine and have them to do the replacement... that am sure they can do
And does that make car modification a crime?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2019
jceesquare:

And does that make car modification a crime?

depends on the modification and who is doing them.....would i modify a 2009 car to 2014 car .. HELL TO THE NO .. modification like body kit into a sport kit is fine .. modification comes in many form , but when people start doing modification to engine , that is a no no for me bro...

PS ....Nigerian mechanics has shown me pepper in the past... me self was confuse ..... in a sane country , if you want to be a mechanic , you have to go to school or get a license for it .... but for nigerian anybody with tools is a mechanic , training not needed

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by jceesquare(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2019
dru23:

depends on the modification and who is doing them.....would i modify a 2009 car to 2014 car .. HELL TO THE NO .. modification like body kit into a sport kit is fine .. modification comes in many form , but when people start doing modification to engine , that is a no no for me bro...

PS ....Nigerian mechanics has shown me pepper in the past... me self was confuse ..... in a sane country , if you want to be a mechanic , you have to go to school or get a license for it .... but for nigerian anybody with tools is a mechanic , training not needed
You're not a car person dru, and you said you know nothing about cars earlier so let's drop this.

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:40am On Nov 29, 2019
jceesquare:

You're not a car person dru, and you said you know nothing about cars earlier so let's drop this.

am sure am not a car person,when mechanic wanted to remove the thermostat of my car.. the mechanic said he will construct something to bypass the car from overheating... instead of him to buy another thermostat.. it was me that ended up buying another thermostat that was specifically meant for my car.. am not a car person after all ....
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
Today was a fun day. We hosted some young ladies from Saint Mary's at the request of the Society Of Women Engineers. Smart kids smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL5q3xH-ojY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIxxqxpe7wY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDifpu0cuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjV_UMvmsck

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
flootintin:
Have an issue with my tranny - Passat B6 2008 FSI. Tranny shifts out of park, doesn't engage and gets stuck at neutral. But if shift cable is drawn at engine side, transmission engages and drives fine. What should I do?

Remote diagnosis not possible
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2019
flootintin:
Have an issue with my tranny - Passat B6 2008 FSI. Tranny shifts out of park, doesn't engage and gets stuck at neutral. But if shift cable is drawn at engine side, transmission engages and drives fine. What should I do?

Shifter/cable issues. Might need a complete unit, or just part of the accessory. Take it apart.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights. / SOLD Black on Black Foreign Used 015 Toyota Camry SE 66k Miles N6M / Copart U.S.A>>>Before And After Pictures!!!2007 AUDI A8 L QUATTRO<<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.