Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (16925 Views)

Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / Where Do Rad Auto Works Parts Come From Anyway? / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

What gave you the idea to do that

Nothing wrong with that. There are aftermarket kits that handle the job perfectly.

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Nefo: 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Yeah.... No. Please keep what you have. Even with the roads, if you replace with good quality ones, you should be good for years.

Clearance should be okay in a 7 series. Was it dropped?

No It was not dropped. Because I have used other cars with good ground clearance, I tend to see the 7 series as low. But it's all good.

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Nothing wrong with that. There are aftermarket kits that handle the job perfectly.

I know that but why? Don't see the point.

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2018
Upcoming November "SHOCK & AIR" Specials

25% off AC parts (we will not do this again any time soon so time to get that AC compressor)

And

15% off shocks/struts repairs

*THIS MAY CHANGE BASED ON INTEREST BUT BASED ON WHAT'S BEEN COMING INTO THE SHOP, THIS SEEMS LIKE IT WILL BENEFIT A LOT OF PEOPLE

In the future, monitor our deals thread or or website.

https://www.nairaland.com/4595469/carquest-milex-deals-specials-thread

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/coupons
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:54am On Oct 25, 2018

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by sultaan(m): 2:14am On Oct 26, 2018
What about kpom!?

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:54am On Oct 26, 2018
sultaan:
What about kpom!?

Abeg help me do Nigerian version lol

Gbam. Gbosa. Lol

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2018
RAD AUTO WORKS AND JAMROCK WILL BE CLOSED FROM DECEMBER 25TH TILL JANUARY 3RD AND WILL REOPEN ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH TO ALLOW OUR STAFF SOME MUCH NEEDED REST. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, THEY HAVE BEEN GOING FULL SPEED AND TRULY DESERVE IT

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by NanaF: 9:42am On Dec 24, 2018
radautoworks:
RAD AUTO WORKS AND JAMROCK WILL BE CLOSED FROM DECEMBER 25TH TILL JANUARY 3RD AND WILL REOPEN ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4TH TO ALLOW OUR STAFF SOME MUCH NEEDED REST. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, THEY HAVE BEEN GOING FULL SPEED AND TRULY DESERVE IT

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Is the closure from today? The customer care lines are switched off.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 4:01pm On Dec 24, 2018
NanaF:

Is the closure from today? The customer care lines are switched off.

No, they are open today.. someone probably was late. Try again or email instead.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by CityNGR: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2018
radautoworks:

No, they are open today.. someone probably was late. Try again or email instead.
I have sent emails that remains unreplied for tire rim bead sealant!!

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by seunoj: 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2018
Nobody responded to my mail since last Friday. This is not the service I got initially. Pls check to improve mail response. Compliments

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by CityNGR: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2018
seunoj:
Nobody responded to my mail since last Friday. This is not the service I got initially. Pls check to improve mail response. Compliments
I think the problem has to do with literacy levels of their staff. A lot of times they go blank on the phone when you mention a car part

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 5:06am On Dec 26, 2018
CityNGR:

I have sent emails that remains unreplied for tire rim bead sealant!!

They must have closed already or were busy trying to round up before the break. Sorry, they reopen on the 4th.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 26, 2018
CityNGR:
Is it compulsory to vacuum AC before refill?

Let me book front row seat

Yes it is. That's the only way to get the factory standard cooling your car had brand new.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 26, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

thats a dangerous thing to do to skim a worn our disc especially the one on the photo, the outer side of the disc is completely gone, there is no life left in it

the moment you machine a worn out disc your weakning its structure allready worn out by general wear which happens when breaking, there is nothing to skim on the disc it will too thin you are actaully putting your life at risky

a thin disc will heat up quickly and the disc will warp and it wont be effective at breaking and will damage your break pads, worse scenario it will break apart

Thanks for explaining what happens to thin rotors. I've not thought of it like this.

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 26, 2018
radautoworks:
This is why you should drive defensively. These are all that were bring this van to a stop.

As time goes on and people get more educated about the importance of maintenance, I hope we don't see things this bad any more.

Damn

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Self improvement time

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
So it's been a while but we got one today courtesy of Nairaland wink actually it was two but I only remembered to take the picture of one.

2009 Corolla repeatedly overheating and came looking like picture with backup water in the trunk grin

Diagnosed in five minutes. Took a little longer to verify diagnosis. Bad radiator cap and hole in neck. Creative kazeem also went to town on radiator coolant distribution tee. Nigeria we hail thee!

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2019
We are adding technicians again!

Are you a mechanic specializing in German and/or European cars? Apply at support@radautoworks.com or simply come in for an interview. Come prepared to prove what you know because our interview process is THOROUGH.
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
radautoworks:
We are adding technicians again!

Are you a mechanic specializing in German and/or European cars? Apply at support@radautoworks.com or simply come in for an interview. Come prepared to prove what you know because our interview process is THOROUGH.

Just curious how much do you guys pay your mechanics ? Do you guys do 401k , health insurance, paid time leave etc .. I have a family friend looking for a job
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
dru23:

Just curious how much do you guys pay your mechanics ? Do you guys do 401k , health insurance, paid time leave etc .. I have a family friend looking for a job

No. We are terrible employers. Your family friend would HATE working for us.

4 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
This one is courtesy of one of our Nairalanders today. Seems to be pretty common here so if you have a Honda Civic with idle valve issues....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9WwjulFfzM

All it needed was a new gasket (the blue). There weren't any in stock so we made one. Easy and cheap.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=PER&partNumber=80022

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dru23(m): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
radautoworks:

No. We are terrible employees. Your family friend would HATE working for us.

Na you use your mouth talk am o ...
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by diportivo: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
radautoworks:
So it's been a while but we got one today courtesy of Nairaland wink actually it was two but I only remembered to take the picture of one.

2009 Corolla repeatedly overheating and came looking like picture with backup water in the trunk grin

Diagnosed in five minutes. Took a little longer to verify diagnosis. Bad radiator cap and hole in neck. Creative kazeem also went to town on radiator coolant distribution tee. Nigeria we hail thee!

oluwaseunla

u come to mind

na God save us grin

2 Likes

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by oluwaseunla(m): 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
diportivo:

oluwaseunla

u come to mind

na God save us grin

I swear. My village people couldn't get through to me that day. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
So many odd things come through the shop

This Camry had been to our shop recently. The owners had work done then took it elsewhere for a second opinion. Shortly after, they started hearing a noise and brought it back to us. This is what we saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFz5MtyJic
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dicksonadams(m): 1:00am On Jun 26, 2019
Madam Radautoworks please save me... Saw a check engine Light yesterday and did a scan only to see a P0420 error.

What can be done to savage my catalytic converter... Money no easy me this period embarassed
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by radautoworks: 3:09am On Jun 26, 2019
dicksonadams:
Madam Radautoworks please save me... Saw a check engine Light yesterday and did a scan only to see a P0420 error.

What can be done to savage my catalytic converter... Money no easy me this period embarassed

We don't do remote diagnoses but what year make and model is your car?
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by dicksonadams(m): 5:01am On Jun 26, 2019
radautoworks:

We don't do remote diagnoses but what year make and model is your car?
Pontiac vibe 2005.

Scanner found error P0420
Re: The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works by olumzzz(m): 5:56am On Jun 26, 2019
Madam radautoworks,
I scanned my car today and my TP Sensor showed 12.9% on idle. Does this mean that this sensor is faulty because i read online that it shouldn't be more than 5% at idle.
Car is Hyundai Elantra 2008.
PS. I get rough idling at startup for about 20 seconds then engine stabilizes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights. / SOLD Black on Black Foreign Used 015 Toyota Camry SE 66k Miles N6M / Copart U.S.A>>>Before And After Pictures!!!2007 AUDI A8 L QUATTRO<<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.