Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,682 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (211279 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2008
Ah, I actually thought Jisi was married o,

@Kuwena
Congrats. Now u're gradually (nay, fast!) realising some of the things we'd earlier tried to explain about attitudes. Methinks it's going to be more fun now, reading ur posts.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 11:19pm On Jun 27, 2008
The thread's sure a more interesting place nowadays. What with a more positive Kuwena and more posts from the regulars and newbies and continued challenges to silent readers to contribute by Opoks and Stannesi. It's sure a nice place to while away time. 

Where I wan start from sef? 

Anyway Tommy, welcome back. How you dey? Hope u dey enjoy NLNG?

Jisi, You try with that your tree o. As for me, I've learned not to really pay much attention to stuff like that and all those stars (horoscope) thing because I believe in all those things, you'll surely see something that pertains to you. I'm sure anyone that takes time to go through all that stuff on the tree might even end up seeing another tree that consists of more characteristics that he/she believes pertains to him than the one under which he/she falls as a result of being given birth to on a particular date. Also you be marketer?  shocked See the way you take market for all those your beautiful good Christian friends?  tongue

@ Pak as per fear about the stock market crashing. I think you should just relax, it’s just the market re-adjusting to the way it should actually be. One of the reasons for the downturn can be attributed to the directive by the CBN Governor that Banks should stop giving “margin” to stockbroking firms. What obtained previously was that “most” of the banks gave margin facilities to their Investment/stockbroking subsidiaries and those ones used such loans to purchase stocks in the stock market, of course due to the high demand for stocks, the stock price will inevitably be on the rise and the market would keep experiencing increases as was the case before the directive. However with the directive, the demand for stocks is not as high as used to obtain and as is explained by the law of demand and supply, when supply is more than demand as we have now, the price of the subject matter (stocks in this case will reduce).

Of course the aim of the whole exercise by the Banks was to be able to declare the huge profits that they regularly do because at the end of the year, they'll consolidate all the accounts of their subsidiaries while presenting their financial statements and what most people are interested in is the amount of cash dividends I'm being paid, the number of bonus issues I am being offered. They rarely take time to study the financial statements, The Balance sheet, P & L, Cash flowstatement, VAS etc. By studying the CFS, you'll be able to know how the Banks (or any other business) are actually making the huge profits they declare. Is it from their actual operations or through other means.  And as I'm sure you've observed it's not only in Nigeria that the markets are being bearish, it's a global thing and the world is a global village so how do you think we can be exempt from such? So peeps make una just relax, the market will re-adjust to what it should be and it would not be business as usual with stocks experiencing crazy mind-blowing increases with no visibly justifiable reasons to explain it.

I think eventually the stock prices will reflect what they should actually be and then they can start appreciating based on realities i.e. demand and supply (which would be based on investors perception of how the companies are performing). So Pak just relax, the stock market is meant to be a market for long term investments but in our Nigeria with our get rich quick mentality, we wan turn am to short-term investment market.  sad

@ Opoks so for all your talk, fear dey quick catch you?  shocked So you don run comot stock market sharp sharp like that? Abi na because of that small investment gone wrong you tell us about?  grin Anyway care to intimate/enlighten us on the new forms of investment you are undertaking? Make we follow you?

On the marriage thingy, I see you guys are disecting the issue well well so make I just siddon look for that issue.

Kuwena, You know one of the good things about you is that somehow your contributions are always sure to generate more contributions from other posters, hitherto in some periods such contributions have generated a lot of ill feeling but with the new positive you, I'm sure the thread is going to be more relaxing and enjoyable to read. Keep the new spirit bro.

You know Stan, you are one crazy dude, I'm yet to see a post from you where you don't post something funny(crazy) or at least something to smile about.

Kenosky you turn yourself to gold bah? Anyway whenever you come back you get plenty petition to answer.

Make i go crash, flenty flenty things to do tomorrow. Nite all.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 1:34am On Jun 28, 2008
angry I LOVE ADDRESSING ISSUES AS THEY COME.

CARLYPSO
I DIDNT THINK ANY OF MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS WERE DIRECTED TO YOU. IF CAPITAL LETTERS = SHOUTING THEN I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU WENT THRU SKOOL!!! I CAN WRITE ANY BLOODY WAY I CHOOSE SO LONG AS I AM COMMUNICATING TO THE PIPS I INTEND TO COMMUNICATE TO. tongue
HAVE U HAD A MEDICAL CHECK LATELY? COS THIS IS MEANT TO GIVE YOU A MIGRAIN.
THE LAST I CHECKED MR. OR FREAKING MRS. CARLYPSO, THE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION WAS STILL ONE OF MY FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, THEN JUMP FRM HEAVEN. (NOW I AM SHOUTING. AND SHOUTING REALLY HARD). MY ADVICE? IF YOU WANNA START A CONVERSATION WITH ME, DO LET YOUR COMMENTS BE INTELLIGENT ONES.

ALFAPRIME
ME? MARRIED? HABA. DO I SOUND MARRIED? HONESTLY THAT KINDDA SCARES ME ALOT. MARRIAGE I MEAN. I AM SINGLE BUT NOT SEARCHING. I GUESS WHEN ITS MY TIME, I'LL GET TO UNDERSTAAND THAT CONCEPT. undecided . ALFA, THE GUY WITH THE NAME THAT MEANS EVERYTHING. HOW YOU DEY? FUNNY I TOT YOU WERE MARRIED.

STANNESI
'SSUP MAN. WETIN DEY SHELE? YOUR BROS MAY BE A VERY STRONG EXCEPTION TO THE RULE(AS THEY SAY). NO MIND THIS CALIBRATED CARLYPSO, E THINK SAY HE KNOW BOOK. grin . I.T.K NO GOOD. I'M PRETTY SURE HE IS A REPUBLICAN.

NIYOO
NIYOO, NIYOO, YOU BE ANOTHER CRUCIAL GUY. YEP I AM A MARKETER AND ON BEHALF OF MY VILLAGE I HOPE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MARKET MY 'BEAUTIFUL GOOD CHRISTIAN FRIENDS' TO YOU. INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IF YOU MUST. GOOD GALS DEY OH. BUT THEY ARE SCARCE. THESE ONES COME WITH 10YEARS GUARANTEE. grin

TOMMYEX
HOW CAN ANYONE 4GET YOU? THAT IS DEPOSSIBLE.(MY NEWEST VOCABULARY---- CARLYX TAKE NOTE). I TOO HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR SOMETIME(LIKE SOME 6WEEKS), THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT WE ALL HAVE EACH OTHER IN MIND.

KENOSKY'S DISAPPEARANCE
NEWS HAS IT THAT KENOSKY--HIS EXCELLENCY HAS ELOPED FROM HIS ABODE IN THE UK. IT WAS GATHERED THAT AS SOON AS HIS EXCELLENCY GOT A HINT OF HIS DEPORTATION BACK TO 9JA, HE FLED THE COUNTRY AND WENT INTO HIDING IN A REMOTE VILLAGE IN CENTRAL ASIA. grin grin grin grin. KIDDING GUYS.
BUT I HEAR THAT SINCE THEIR PROGRAM HAS COME TO AN END, SOME OF THE FACILITIES THEY ENJOY WITH THE BRITISH TELECOM ALSO EXPIRED. BUT I AM SURE HE IS HERE IN SPIRIT AND SOUL EVEN THOUGH HE DEY 4 CENTRAL ASIA grin grin YOU BET KENOSKY WILL BOUNCE BACK WITH A BANG.

OPOKS
I'M SORRY. MY TREE THEORY ISNT MEANT TO CAPTURE ACCIDENTS IN ONE'S LIFE. I GUESS YOURS HAPPEND WHEN U PROBABLY HIT YOUR HEAD AND WENT MAD. THE TREE COULDNT HAVE BIN RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT NOW WOULD IT? grin AT LEAST MOST OF THE ATTRIBUTES WERE CORRECT. I WONDER HOW A TREE COULD BE THAT SMART.

@ALL
I NID MA BEAUTY SLEEP. CIAO GUYS. SLEEP TIGHT kiss
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2008
@ Jisi

Howdy!

Well, traced my tree. . . . so here it is! cheesy

Cypress Tree (Faithfulness)

Strong grin , muscular grin (Mr Universe cheesy abi!), adaptable smiley, takes what life has to give but doesn't necessarily like it (sometimes), strives to be content (with a little success, because i always want more grin), optimistic (very very grin), wants to be financially independent (YOU BET!!! grin), wants love and affection (who doesn't), hates loneliness ( undecided. . .i'm kind of a LONE ranger), passionate lover which cannot be satisfied (i don't know about this one o!, please explain grin), faithful ( grin), quick-tempered at times (FAR from it! undecided), can be unruly (NEVER!) and careless (sometimes) , loves to gain knowledge (TRUE), needs to be needed (c'mon if you don't need me, why should i be there? undecided).

@ niyooo

E be like say you go like money pass me o! grin (Just kidding!). . . Just check out your lengthy gist on the stock market reversal.
BTW, which particular companies do you think will benefit sharply from the imminent reversal? Question is actually open to everyone - please share your opinions and justifications.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2008
JISIDAISY:

undecided YOU KNOW, THERE REALLY MIGHT BE MORE GOOD LADIES THAN THERE ARE GOOD GUYZ. grin I FOR ONE AM A GOOD LADY. I'VE ALSO GOT GOOD FRIENDS. SINGLE WORKING CLASS GIRLS.(LESS THAN 30 OFCOURSE) ANYBODY INTERESTED?

in you or in your friends ? grin

JISIDAISY:

GUYS, WEN I THINK OF MARRIAGE, I THINK OF THE 2 PIPLE INVOLVED. FAMILY MAY WANNA INTERFER BUT HEY ITS JUST THE 2 PIPLE INVOLVED THAT SHUD MATTER. WHEN I DECIDE TO GET MARRIED(WHENEVER THAT IS) IT WUD BE TO WHOM I WANNA AND NOBODY ELSE. IF MY FAMILY DOESNT APPROVE, WELL I'LL JUST HOPE AND PRAY THAT IN TIME, THEY DO. SHIKENAN.

one of the many assumptions we make in life.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2008
niyooo:

@ Pak as per fear about the stock market crashing. I think you should just relax, it’s just the market re-adjusting to the way it should actually be. One of the reasons for the downturn can be attributed to the directive by the CBN Governor that Banks should stop giving “margin” to stockbroking firms. . . .

I thought Ndidi Okereke said Soludo denied ever giving such a directive ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2008
Invested some of my savings in stocks earlier in the year but am not in the least bothered.

I'v discovered that I've never owned an amount that I can not afford to lose (well, maybe because I am not as rich as I'll want to be   undecided ).

Some have suggested that this is the best time to buy (Kiyosaki style - the idea that profit is made when you buy).

what do you guys think ?
Am presently thinking of investing some more . Is it advisable ?

(I just wish I had paid more attention to econs in sec school  embarassed )
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2008
My Father (and my Father in law) Made Love To My Wife —Gbenga Obasanjo

Last View on Sat 28th June, 2008
Last Modified on Mon 14th January, 2008 4:46:16 pm
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara

In what appears to be a messy divorce between Gbenga Obasanjo, son of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and his estranged wife, Mojisola Olayemisi Amope, the first son of the former president has dropped a bombshell on his father’s alleged sexual intimacy with his wife, Moji. Gbenga not only accused his own father and Nigeria’s former president of having sex with his wife before awarding contracts to her, but also alleged that his wife’s father, Otunba Alex Onabanjo and other men slept with her.

Madness. . . . This is madness

you can read more about it here
http://saharareporters.com/www/news/detail/?id=494
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2008
I'm thankful to hear something about Kenosky. Thanks, JISI.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2008
On a final note

@Aniffy

There are a lotta other xtics that i would have stated (e.g. wise, loving, submissive etc) BUT i guess God's revelation covers it all. When God reveals him/ her to you, you can't go wrong. At least, i'm speaking from personal experience.

Sure you can. . .

I disagree with you there, every revelation comes with a responsibility and we can either choose to succeed or fail.
I've heard/seen so many relationships/marriages between couples who were very convinced of what they were doing at the initial point, go awry.

The typical explanation is that they made a mistake going into it in the first place but really its not always so.
most mistakes are made while IN the relationship.

It all has to do with the emphasis on meeting/ marrying the right person, well I think its a bit misplaced.
the priority should be - 'BEING THE RIGHT PERSON".
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2008
And yes, I think I'm very much like the Rowan tree.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
@Niyooo
big man hw far, enjoyed your stock yans, man, give us tips on stocks (buyin and sellin) since u be pro, like pak said (we could hav paid more attention to Economics back in high school, ), i'm also relying on people like Aniffy too in tippin, us

Jisi dey offer u chicks wit 10 years guarantee, omo na good tin ooo, i'm interested, since i fit return, what abut d money spent on d chick will it be given back, grin

@Jisi
no mind calyx, he no know what punctuation marks are for, e.g exclamation (!) alone, already tells hw d writers feels,
JISIDAISY:

ALFAPRIME
ME? MARRIED? HABA. DO I SOUND MARRIED? HONESTLY THAT KINDDA SCARES ME ALOT. MARRIAGE I MEAN. I AM SINGLE BUT NOT SEARCHING. I GUESS WHEN ITS MY TIME, I'LL GET TO UNDERSTAAND THAT CONCEPT. undecided . ALFA, THE GUY WITH THE NAME THAT MEANS EVERYTHING. HOW YOU DEY? FUNNY I TOT YOU WERE MARRIED.

I thought u were married, oooo due to the comment u made in one of your post ,u said somtim abut your husband and kids, ? i'm kind of surprised, d post goes like this
JISIDAISY:

grin Hello everyone, I'm so so sorry i havent been posting. I'm in Kaduna for a one month coursen (my bank has finally seen the need to train me grin )---- and there's no visafone network here. I therefore nwill not be a regular member for this one month-----Elders I ask for you understanding on thisd matter.

Oh boy---e don te i go school. now i go for classes monday through saturday----(so na only sunday I get to think of my sef, plus my husband --plus my kids) Tor---to be a woman is not a day's job. KD is ok lipsrsealed, My collegues and I (57 of us) are having some sort of fun though. I had to snick out to a cafe to send this mail so you all know 'ssup with me. Aint I grand? grin
blah blah blah

any how sha,

@Kuwena,
haba so u no fit forgive man, na your tree talk so ooo, since u said u're very like it. reject that one ooo,
hw Yankee now, which one u come dey post one liner, hope that is not one of d changes your makin in your life, i no go gree ooo. So wats up ? what new stuff positive hav u encountered in yankee, ? Hav fun bro.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2008
pak:

@Aniffy
The typical explanation is that they made a mistake going into it in the first place but really its not always so.
most mistakes are made while IN the relationship.

It all has to do with the emphasis on meeting/ marrying the right person, well I think its a bit misplaced.
the priority should be - 'BEING THE RIGHT PERSON".

Hmm! I never looked at it from that perspective, Nice one !!! grin I quite agree with you there.

*do you worship @ Fountain of Life . . . grin*
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 8:57am On Jun 29, 2008
@Pak
Per investing, actually this bearish moments are a very good time to invest - buy up the stocks, that's right. And right now am personally wishing I had the liquid cash to spare, I would have seized the opportunity to really grab some stocks that are at their year low right now. SInce u also understand that it's more of long-term investment and ur not in a hurry, then that makes it all the more okay for U.

@Stan
Thanks for bailing me out with your last post. Usually don't have time, else I would have gone back to pick out that quote, which was precisely what gave me the impression that Jisi was/is married. Anyways! Maybe it was a mistake arising from the stress of the intensive training. wink

JISIDAISY:

NIYOO, NIYOO, YOU BE ANOTHER CRUCIAL GUY. YEP I AM A MARKETER AND ON BEHALF OF MY VILLAGE I HOPE I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MARKET MY 'BEAUTIFUL GOOD CHRISTIAN FRIENDS' TO YOU. INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IF YOU MUST. GOOD GALS DEY OH. BUT THEY ARE SCARCE. THESE ONES COME WITH 10YEARS GUARANTEE. grin

Goog gals with only 10 years gurarantee? Marriage needs a life tyme guarantee o! Or have they also got good second hand value?

@Jisi
Although Calypso may have sounded a bit pert, I think he's actually making a point. Not many people see it that way, but in conventional writing, if you suddenly switch from normal lower case to only uppercase letters (i.e, like u're "printing" as they say on standard forms) then it usually signifies "shouting" or some sort of emphasis. This applies even to textmessages and online chats. (eg "Jisi, I'd like you to phone me RIGHT NOW!"wink

But since in your case, you posts start and run all the way through on caps lock, then there's really no need to assume that u were shouting or laying emphasis on every single word in your post.

@Marriage
As one in a very healthy, successful relationship, I'm urged to share some helpful concepts and principles, but time wont permit for now.
Cheers all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Seun(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2008
Per investing, actually this bearish moments are a very good time to invest - buy up the stocks, that's right.
I seriously doubt that.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2008
hey, ppl Happy Sunday,

@Seun
see hw u counter ma guy, explain ur doubts, ??
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2008
Where the topic disappear go? I had to google it up b4 I could post. Watsup?

@ Pak, U know there are various ways the CBN communicates with Banks.They can do that by moral suasion, monetary policy (OMO, MPR etc). Now one of the tasks of the CBN is to regulate inflation in the economy. Margin is something that is perfectly legal (i.e. worldwide) but 9ja being what it is, you have banks that now resort to abuse of the margin facility as i explained in my earlier post. The result of this is that stock prices are rising, which naturally leads to investors cashing in on their investments and making fantastic profits on their investment. There is thereby more money in circulation which invariably leads to increased inflationary pressures in the economy. Also when the banks resort to lending money to their stockbroking arms to invest in the capital market, this invariably means there is less money to lend out to their customers (manufacturers, individuals, corporate organisations etc) who can't bring in as much profit to the banks as they can get by "playing" in the capital market, this in turn has a very negative effect on the economy.

At the very moment, The CBN Gov is on the hot seat (whether politically motivated or not) and is being careful in his acts and inactions. So he's not going to come out and agree to giving such a directive since it wasn't as if he sent out a circular which would have been implicative. But the fact is that he sure indicated that banks should stop giving such facilities to their stockbroking arms and they have stopped that. You know the thing with banking in 9ja is that many banks still cut many corners which are not always made known to the public, now if you (the Bank MD or whoever is in charge) know that your hands are not completely clean and the regulatory authorities know this also and you know that the regulatory authorities know about the "underhand" (couldn't think of a better word) deals and all that, I'm very sure you'll not want to unnecessarily run foul of such a regulatory body. I'm sure you get my drift. As they say 'he who comes to equity must come with clean hands".

@ Alfa and Stan, U should have known Jisi was joking about the being married stuff. I knew that right away. The way married women post will be kinda different (Jisi,no pun intended o.) tongue

But Jisi come o, as Alfa challenged you, how you go give guarantee for just 10 years? Wetin go happen after the 10 years? And what if product no good for the whole 10 years, you go collect am back?

Well Seun, You've been challenged to explain why you doubt that this is a good time to buy. The capital market is a long term market, now depending on the kind of investor that you are, this might be a good time to buy or sell. If for example you are the "follow the smart money" kind of investor, you'll see that the "smart money" in this instance (big time investors, and those that you believe should be in the know) are adopting a kind of sit down look attitude (i.e. they are not buying in the market) and are probably investing in other areas, then this is not the time to buy. On the other hand if you are the "contrarian" kind of investor, this is the time to buy. But aside from all that intellectual jargon, I think this is a good time to buy cos though the global economy is facing a slight recession, I don't think the slump will go on for too long. There's bound to be a recovery pretty soon. My own two cents anyway.

@ Stan, You know what I always advise people? If you are gonna invest, then invest it your way so if you lose money you'll feel better than if someone gave you the "inside gist" and you got burnt. You know most of what you need to invest are really at your finger tips, all you have to do is just carve out a little bit out of your time to do the necessary groundwork. e.g. before you invest, you already have some sectors you are interested in (I'm saying this cos I know people have different biases as regards investment, some people will never invest in alcohol producing companies, others will avoid the Insurance or finance or manufacturing sector). So decide on the sector you are interested in. Prune the companies in that industry by doing a little research on them (it could even be online, just google up the company and see what has been posted about them in the recent past), you could also go to their websites (some organisations have their 5 year financial statements online) to get some info, compare how they performed in regards to their peers in the same industry, check out the projections they are making for the future; read it and decide how feasible it looks), You could go to different stockbroking firms websites to get some knowledge about how they rate these companies, if you are interested in the trend of their performance, you could also get it from such stockbroking firms' website. By this time I'm sure you'll have narrowed the companies down marginally, then at this point you can now seek other peoples' opinion on the various companies you have pruned the list down to and make your own decision. It's your money after all and no one should help you lose it. embarassed

Right now I have other projects up my sleeve so I'm not up to date on the kind of research that can merit my recommending any company since I'm not gonna be investing in the nearest future cos of these projects. I'll just forget about the investments I have in the market for now and leave it to appreciate over time. As they say the Capital market is a market for long term investments and if you are interested in short term returns, you just might get your fingers burnt.

I hail every other person o. Make i go sleep. Work dey tomorrow.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2008
I am so glad for Kuwena wink

Sometime on this thread (on page 25 precisely), I first mentioned the idea of everyone who was waiting for NLNG to have a ready PLAN B.
Just in case they fail to grab the Golden Fleece; NLNG.

The idea was so alien to the flow of the thread and the expectations of the 'regulars' at the time that I immediately generated hate on the thread.
Coupled with the 'no respect' manner in which I presented it and the intimidating presence of the likes of Kuwena & Adrianic et al.
Anyone who didn't agree with those two came under swords. I didn't care (I was ready for swords) undecided
And the fact that being my first post, I would have shown more respect to the 'regulars' and their feelings towards NLNG.
I did not.

Well, that was the beginning of the definition of Opokonwa grin

That singular post generated so much hate that it began the first 'Royal Rumble' between Opoks! & Adrianic. grin
Ironically, that was when the thread generated much more readership.

Peeps like Kuwena stayed off from me by a long pole.
And when he eventually reacted to that post, it was in indirect terms, praising his 'friend' Jbyno, perhaps in comparism to troublesome Opoks! grin
I'm sure he didn't want trouble.
Because then he was carving an image of someone who was so spiritually positive and emotionally in control of himself and events around him tongue

I was sure trouble. But I was making sense.
I often make sense with my troubles. You just have to look beyond the trouble, ignore my harsh words and see the wisdom in them wink
If you can tongue

Today, almost one year later (precisely 10 months later), Kuwena is living his PLAN B.

Mmmmh! smiley And his PLAN B seem to be sweeter than his original PLAN A (which was NLNG) undecided

Kuwena, I am proud of you.
I wish that the rest of your life gets reconstructed for good.
My happiest moment would be when you will take your brothers back!
Live your dreams man! smiley

Today, we don't have all the 'regulars' that we had back then.
A whole new crop of names rule the thread.
Plenty of the old squad have moved on, perhaps in search of a 'more meaningful life'.
Which is expected.

The likes of Stannessi, Niyoo, Alfaprime and inconsistent Jisi have ensured that we don't miss anybody.
Kuwena has been as consistent as the thread itself; kudos champion!
Kenosky (crazy Kenosky!) held the thread when nobody would, with his pal Skeelo! Thanks!

Pak has surprised everyone (including me) with his ever presence like the Rock of Gibraltar.
Aniffy is no less a surprise too.

And Opoks!? I wish I know what to say. undecided

Furthermore, I wonder what the next one year will be like?

Will the thread survive? Extinguish?
Or who will be the next generation posters?

And what will life be like to everyone (on and off thread)
I always like to ponder on the future undecided

My sincere wish is that all the other old names (like Adrianic) will once again join us!
And that we all make progress in this life and beyond!!

Regards all smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2008
I hate to say it but I think I'm growing old on this thread undecided
Im searching for better ways to entertain myself.
Or better things to do.

I sign out!
I can see gray hairs on my moustache undecided
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uchetobi(f): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Good to have you back Kwena…….i hope…really hope….from the bottom of my heart hope that America will live up to your expectations of it and be / bring everything and more that you hoped it would be/ give

Tommyex glad to see you posting, hope work and everything is fine?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 9:41pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Opoks, hahah dats funny, so make i dey call u "Baba" now abi,

@Niyoo thanx d tip, i get ur point,

@Seun,
We r waitin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2008
Can't really post now because work beckons but I'm wondering why I have to keep googling up the name of the topic on N/L before I can post? Why is the topic not listed on the job page? Has the thread been moved? And if so, where to?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ Niyoo

To get to the topic,

When you log in, Click on General Discussions

Scroll down to the list of topics (after child boards)
'Which way, Nlng' is one of the topics.

Cheers! wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2008
Aight. Thanks Aniffy. But I think whoever moved it should have indicated such. I know I've opened threads where I see something like moved to xxxxx or something like that. It smacks of arrogance and discourtesy for the moderator to just move the thread like that. My 2 cents anyway. Gotta go home now.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pak: 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2008
@all
How una dey ?

Well, based on the response of Alfaprime and Niyoo the pro, I've almost made up my mind on whether to invest again in stocks or not.
all am waiting for now is Aniffy's opinion.

So Aniffy, where u @ ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by stannesi(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2008
Good point pak,

Aniffy drop Sometin, ?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by AlfaPrime: 10:56pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Opoks
Quite an illuminating post, Going down memory lane, WWNLNG has really come a long way. Really dont blame Seun for relocating the thread, cos it's strictly no longer a job-seeking one. Well, looking ahead into the next one year, can say it's obvious that some more new posters will come onboard, some present ones may also leave the stage, (or change thier pen names, who knows!) But one think I can be almost sure of is that the thread will survive. Maybe the next 100 pages will also see some posters walking down the aisle, who knows? Opoks! Perhaps U'll lead the way?

@Pak
I can understand ur awaiting Annify's comment, I am, too.

@Others
Gotta log off, chaps; must do some intensive reading now that am away from work on training, Stay blessed all. As we enter this 2nd half of the year 2008, I pray earnestly that we'll receive grace to surpass our greatest imaginations in terms of achievements, and end the year fulfilled. Regardless of how the year may have gone so far, Am highly expectant that the rest of the year is the best of the year,

Cheers all!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by JISIDAISY(f): 6:41am On Jul 02, 2008
shocked WHO MOVED MY CHEESE?

I looked for this thread taya. I tot i was lost and now I'm thinking I have been found grin.

@Niyoo
The 10year guarantee is ok nah. Oh! I forgot to add that on return(if any at all) the depreciation value will be calculated and deducted from your returns. The value upon that deduction would stand as the basis for your new consignment. grin. You cant eat your cake and have it too. cool

@All
I will be back later this evening, right now, I gotta run.

I'm glad I found my Cheese.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by niyooo(m): 6:51am On Jul 02, 2008
Morning all, I pray we all have a wonderful day today.

@ Jisi, u no serious o!! I bin dey think say the value go appreciate and na me sef suppose collect dividend on return (if any). Abi u dey try tok say na depreciate woman dey depreciate shocked. Because during the 10 years, she go don add flenty flenty value, not to tok of the multiple ROI wey go follow am (like one or two kids) tongue

Hope someone will bring something to spice up the thread. And not the negative kinda spicing.

@ all have a nice day.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2008
pak:

@all
Well, based on the response of Alfaprime and Niyoo the pro, I've almost made up my mind on whether to invest again in stocks or not.
all am waiting for now is Aniffy's opinion.
So Aniffy, where u @ ?

stannesi:

Good point pak,
Aniffy drop Sometin, ?

grin

Hey guys! Sorry i have been away. Bn quite busy.

Ok, looking for stock tips, abi?  As for me oh, i'm a fundamentalistic long termer grin, so i have some criteria that i use to select sha. . . here are some of them

1. Growing profits - PBT (Profit Before Tax), PAT (Profit after Tax) etc . Over the years, i expect to see increasing profitability, (except in cases of a turnaround. . .later gist. . .)

2. Ownership structure - i like it when mgt and staff have substantial stakes in the company.(i.e. they own substantial number of shares). At least, we can use the law of selfish interest in our favour, as they would want to reward themselves.

3. Liquidity - with this 100k rule, (i.e. 100,000 units of a particular stock need to be traded before its price can be changed to indicate loss/ profit), whats the use of having a stock going nowhere because it is not being frequently traded on the floor.

4. Past performance - I like generous people (who doesn't  grin). Does the company in question give bonus/ dividend regularly? It's not really because i want to earn them per se, but because are stocks that institutional investors look for. It's best if you can take positions in such companies and await the entrance of institutional investors, because that sends the stock price to the north pole.

5. Niche - what sets it apart from competition in the same industry? why would consumers choose its product over others? i love monopolies  grin. Its such a wonderful thing when a company has "near" absolute control over the price of its products which makes it very easy to shift rising costs of production to consumers, hence preserving profits.

It seems the market has rebounded but i don't know if this is a flash in the pan. Even if it is, i don't think it will be worse than the last 3 months - because them don release budget funds nah.  tongue

Some companies (e.g. Dangote Sugar, Diamond Bank, First Bank) i would have recommended have already gained prices - so there's a probability that profit takers may depress it after like 20% - 30% gain. I am looking at some insurance stocks but my heart dey do jigijigi  grin

CAVEAT EMPTOR O! just incase the prices fall.  lipsrsealed

I hope this helps.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2008
And now, 'The Don 1' of stocks don respond.

Make we see wetin im talk talk shocked shocked
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2008
Ooops! undecided
I didn't know I was starting a new page tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.