Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210367 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by biolabee(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2007
@kuwena
Your story tells me one thing and only one thing
You are a warrior and deserve to be among the greats of this world
Please be encouraged and be strong.
Dont turn your back on pple that need u, ur brother and possibly ur fiancee
NLNG is not the end of the world neither is it the beginning,,,,
Be strong you do not even begin to fathomn the depth of God's love and favor for you

NB Please drop your number so i can buzz u
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mhm(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2007
@zhia

Call the NLNG office and discuss with them. I know someone who did his medicals in London back in 2003
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:31am On Nov 19, 2007
kuwena:

This may be the last time I will post on this thread. I may not be able to deal with the emotions here anylonger.

In the first place, let me specially congratulate all those who have made it to NLNG: Wandel, Kenosky, Pgm, Zhia, Kenosym, Annify and others I do not know. I have come to the conclusion that I did not make it.

Since that realization, I have spent a lot of time thinking. And in my sober reflections, I have evolved.

The NLNG encounter confirms what I have always felt somewhere in my heart: This country will never be home for me. Do not get me wrong, I do not hate Nigeria. But I know for sure that I will not be able to live long in this nation. Indeed, I have this feeling (call it paranoia, if you like) that if I stay here for long, I will certainly die.

This country has always meant for me pain and sorrow and frustration. There are certain things no one on this thread knows about me. I have tried to hide them, for obvious reasons. But now that the battle has been lost, I will say it all. Like I have earlier said, I was born on October the 13th, 1980. On April 1, 1986, when I was barely six years old, I woke up suddenly and found my father dead, lying in a pool of his own blood; a vicious death. He had been comptroller of the Nigeria Customs, and we were living in a duplex on 7th Avenue, Festac. He shot himself. It was what the newspapers said. He had graduated from University of Ibadan, in Economics.

God! Kuwena! That's a sad story!!! shocked
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:41am On Nov 19, 2007
kuwena:

We got over it. My mother was a strong woman. She was a Captain in the Nigerian Army at the time. After my so-called uncles carted all we ever had, she took us all to live in Army barracks, at Ojo. She always prayed to God. She worked very hard. She refused to withdraw us from St. Jude's Private School, Festac, because she wanted us to get a good education; she did not want that because of our father's death we would not do well. So she taught us to pray. And we always did. But when I was 12 years old, in Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta, she joined the ill-fated C-130 plane that crashed into the swamp at Ejigbo, and died; another violent death.

After the death of that poor woman, I lived with an uncle for seven years. His wife hated me with all her heart. She said I was too brilliant at school, and she tried to punish me in every way. I was lucky that though I could not pay my termly school fees, miraculously the school authorities did not discover. One day when it seemed as if the game was up, our Supply Officer (what could be called Bursar in a non-military school) summoned us who had not paid school fees to his office. He threatened to expel all of us. I cried and begged and told him that my mother had been killed in the C-130. He looked at me with pity and said: 'Go back to your class.' I ran back to my class.

I finished my secondary education in 1996, and got admitted to FUTO that same year to read Civil Engineering. My aunty said she could not send me to university. So I had to leave their house and go to Owerri to live with another uncle. This new uncle was very mischievous with me, and frustrated me in every way, till I dropped out and ran back to Lagos. I lived a very tough life after living FUTO, working as a messenger to one Auditor at Olodi. I used to trek all the way from Kirikiri to work, and he paid me only a thousand naira each monthend. After a while, I met a boy named Jude Ezuma, who introduced me to the seminary life; I applied and was admitted in 1999 to the Missionary Society of St Paul, Iperu. I lasted there only one year, before I was asked to withdraw. I do not know exactly why.

By this time, I was quite distraught. I returned to my so-called uncle at Owerri, and asked to live with him again; he agreed, though very reluctantly. I wrote another JAMB, and gained admission to IMSU, to read Mass Communication. Then he began again to be mischievous with me, even attacking me with juju at night. When life in his house got too much to bear, I ran away yet again. How? I just woke up one morning, packed my bags and walked up to him in the parlour. I said: 'Uncle, I am running away; I cannot stay here anylonger.' He laughed out loud and said: 'Your father thought he was a disciplined man; that he was discipline itself. Where is he today? Is he not six feet in the grave? And you are going the same way.' That was the last thing he said to me.

Kuwena! Enough tears!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2007
kuwena:

After leaving his house, I went to stay with a senior colleague called Joseph. Joe was in final year then, while I was in second year. Things were very hard. There was no money to go to school. I did not even have enough to eat. I used to beg my classmates for food and money. I used to write assignments and tests for them, and they would give me food to eat and some of their secondhand clothes to wear. But I wanted to go to school. I did not ask for anything more. All I wanted was to go to school. I did not ask God to bring my parents back. I did not ask to be rich. All I wanted was to go to school.

Our chaplain, Father Ogbonna, used to help me. He introduced me to a few rich parishioners. They gave me a little money. But I was always hungry, and I was begging for money and food because I did not have enough to eat. Then I called on God. I said to him: Please, help me. I want to go to school. And a little while later, I won the Chevron scholarship. It was because of this scholarship that ran into N280,000 (two hundred and eighty thousand naira) that I was able to finish school. I worked very hard, and graduated as the first person in the history of man to make a first class in mass communication in Imo State University, Owerri. And I subsequently went to service in Kano.

Hardship and suffering can bring out the best in a person . . .

BECAUSE "THE UNSEEN HAND" shocked shocked shocked BECOMES YOUR FATHER, MOTHER, HELP AND BROTHER
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2007
kuwena:

Nobody helped me. Many even hated it that I had graduated from school. But God was with me, and I got this job here at Intercontinental Bank, through a sheer miracle. February next year will make it exactly four years I ran away from those I should call family. I have lived entirely on my own since then.

I now understand why you posted so bitterly about Nigeria.

Forgive me Kuwena! cry But I never knew your history. cry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2007
@Kuwena

But I don't think you should lash out at the country because of your bad experience, at the hands of fate.

That you made history in IMSU against all odds, when peeps like us who had it easier could not, clearly shows that you were not alone all those while.

HEAVEN WAS QUIETLY AND SILENTLY FOLLOWING YOU shocked shocked shocked

GIVING YOU THE BRAINS, THE FOCUS AND THE ENERGY TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU DID NOT TO MENTION THE SCHOLARSHIPTHEY WERE ALL HEAVENLY.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:43am On Nov 19, 2007
Still @kUWENA

Joseph had to pass through HELL to make history as the first foreign Prime Minister of Egypt.

King David had to learn hunger, being a fugitive, running from cave to country and surviving on a hair's breath just because He had been chosen by God to be the next King of Israel.

Moses went from being the only son of the barren daughter of Pharoah, growing up in the pecks of the Egyptian palace and royalty to being a fugitive, alone and common in the wilderness just because Jehovah chose him to lead Israel.

I can go on and on.

Job endured one of the worst of affliction and humiliation ever written of any human being just because God and satan were playing a game of loyalty with his life.

Abraham had to endure a 100 years to have a son from Sarah and still endured a worse test when he was asked to sacrifice the same son (to the point of raising the knife.) This was someone that was coaxed to leave his father's house by the same God.

Is it Apostle Paul, mercilessly beaten, hauranged and dragged everywhere for his FAITH. Then beheaded.

Or is it Elijah, who begged to die!

The point I'm trying to make is; NLNG could not have been a payback for what you went through.

He, whom Jehovah loves, he chastises and puts through pains and experiences. So that by the time you get to the other side HE is preparing for you, you may value the pains and experiences.

You are yet to discover why you went through what you went through. But I bet you, if it were for nothing, YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD!

GOD IS EVER MERCIFUL!

HIS LOVING KINDNESS CAN NEVER BE FULLY APPRECIATED (ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS GRINDING YOU)

BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU.

I'm not sure you suffered more than any of the names I mentioned above.

But ask yourself; Where are they now?

Where do you wanna be?

Was it for a reason that you went through what you went through?

Do you care to find out the reason?

Then hang on, NLNG may simply be a distraction for you (or it may still come.)

The real reason why you went through hard times is still before you. And my feeling for you is not one of pity.

It's one of envy because Heaven was and is still right beside and before you all these while (though you may be too 'blind' and emotional to appreciate this).

Take this fro me brother; [color=#990000][/color]YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2007
And @Kuwena

I don't think this is the last time you would post.

I only feel you may resume posting when you get less emotional.

Afterall you have friends and family here.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 11:05am On Nov 19, 2007
rati ken:

[b]@ Kuwena
I visit this thread daily though not regular at posting. Some people consider your story pathetic though i consider one of such because i have heard more heart breaking stories. This does not over rule the fact that am still trying to hold my tears.
I think what you should be doing now is sticking closer to that God that has brought you this far. He has not let you go through all this to leave you at this point.

'ONLY A PROCESSED RAW MATERIAL QUALIFIES TO BECOME A PRODUCT', 'THE MORE REFINED A RAW MATERIAL, THE BETTER THE PRODUCT'.

God is no baby and i must let you know that your reaction to certain issues in life determines the length of your processing time programmed by God. If you continue viewing issues this way, God will only give more time to get prepared(grow up) for what he has in stock for you and am sure you wouldnt want to wait that long. Its more disappointing to meet God's scheduled opportunities for you unprepared. So wait for his time, don't outrun him.

It doesn't matter if you run away from your country because it takes only God to give you that which is best for you (not what you think is best for you) irrespective of your position and environment.

So my word for you is brace up and face the realities of life. God is still processing you to get the best out of you, don't make him look foolish. He is still on your case.[/b]

well said along with other replies.

@kuwena
ur story is so touching, almost heart-wrenching!!  cry  cry  I wish i could be sure that the reason u posted that was not just to inform us but also to get responses for ur

consideration. I really hope so! I mean it!!! I sincerely hope that, as was the case some weeks ago when u blasted a couple of peeps on this thread[b]don't

know who and who precisely
[/b] for the crime of player-hating (woteva that meant then), you are only acting in the heat and

passion of the moment; that it's just the first impulse everybody feels during which unguarded and hasty comments and reactions are made for which we later feel

sorry undecided undecided ; that, as was the case then, u will calm down again and get better control of the situation; I hope and I wish!!!!!!

pls realise that it's God, not the devil, who has been seeing u through up till this moment. The glimpse u av given us of ur travails and eventual triumph shows

that much! Wot with a timely scholarship and a job in no less a place than Intercontinental Bank!!! and possibly, NLNG, yeah possibly even if seemingly remotely

it's not over till it's over
,  so pls expunge the idea of "selling your soul to the devil, if need be" from your action plan and in fact from your mind.

Personally i have no qualms about u going to settle abroad. u don't have to live in Nigeria in order to contribute meaningfully to Nigeria. U don't even have to

contribute to Nigeria, in the first place! cool I think what matters more is ur contribution to humanity and how you fulfill ur mandate/mission as God has purposed for u. If

u r convinced that you cannot truly be happy in naija here, then by all means check out! Wot's life without joy and fulfillment?   smiley smileyBe sure though of ur

innate convictions and of the consequences of ur actions but also on  others ( ur brother, fiance, friends etc). But most especially, i beg you, as do most peeps here,

[size=18pt]DO NOT, FOR WHATEVER REASON, SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL[/size] the consequences, as u well know, are often unspeakably

disastrous whether in the long run or in the short!!!

Remember ur younger brother Chima and the fact that your mom always prayed and taught u to pray to God. If it's any consolation, u might consider that u r not the

worst off in this life. U have only to visit the hospital beds around, or consider the population of ppl who turn out for recruitment aptitude tests in order to appreciate

the level of unemployment around or see the kids out there hawking in the streets, or broader still, displaced persons in war-torn countries. The list goes on. It doesn't

imply that u r wrong to desire better circumstances but i think it's healthy to also dwell more on counting ur blessings and allowing for the vicissitudes of this life. So pls

desist from even contemplating a romance with the devil!!!!!!!!! (put your hands on ur chest and say "tufiakwa" three times while

snapping ur fingers and moving ur hands around ur head grin grin grin)  

Think it over and commit to God in prayer. I'll also pray for u.

All the best!!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 11:42am On Nov 19, 2007
I had hoped I would get NLNG so as to help my younger brother, Chima, who is still languishing; but that is not to be. I have to look on.
from Kuwena

You can still support your brother comfortably with intercontinental Bank pay (no be you talk say na +200,000+? )

Now that NLNG has treated me so, I think I have had enough of this country. This is the country in which I have endured the worst of things. NLNG is the last straw. I will not go on like this. I want a new life. I will cut myself off from my so-called hopeful fiancee, from my so-called best friend, from my so-called brothers; I will save more than two-thirds of my monthly salary, and I will do everything I can (including selling my soul to the devil, if need be) to get out of this country. If I can make it to the USA, I will marry a white woman; I will live there, work there, die there, be buried there, and change to the soil there. I will never return.
from Kuwena

All these ones na shakara! grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by RobbieLex: 11:53am On Nov 19, 2007
Kuwena,
do not abandon those who love you now when you need them the most- your brother who has been there with you from day one , your fiance who probarbly loves you to pieces and your fellow nairalanders who see you as a brother,

geez you have really inspired me on this thread though i'm not an NLNG hopeful i have enjoyed reading your posts, like Opoks said Joseph went through all kinds of things to get to where God had destined for him,

But you know these things already don't you (you could quote the whole bible with your eyes closed) ,i belive  you are a strong man and i know you will get over this in no time, just make sure you hold on to God,

Opoks you've got a really great sense of humor, and i admire that you still haven't lost it even with this minor hiccup, the way i see it you'll look back in a bit at this thread and smile when you remember the time when nlng was so important to you,

Goodluck to you all, nlng or not i hope you guys will keep the fire of this thread burning atleast for a little bit longer, its been exciting and inspiring,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Graces: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2007
kuwena,
i really sympathize with your situation and it has led me to post after such a long time.

all i could think of while reading your post was that

LNG IS TOO SMALL COMPARED TO GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU , SO THAT IS WHY HE DIDNT GIVE YOU . HE OBVIOUSLY DIDNT WANT U TO SETTLE FOR LESS THAN YOU DESERVE.

everybody has their calling (and shld i say destiny) well planned out by God. Not everyone can work in LNG. there are still better places to work and only by tuning in to God will ur destiny be realised. so my dear friend, this selling soul to devil thing shld never ever be mentioned by such a good christian like you.

i truly understand ur frustration oh. because of ur dedication to the thread and all. but what does the Bible tell us? In all situation , give thanks. The Lord has a far better plan. read book of job for more!

wat happened to saying the rosary and visiting the Blessed Sacrament in times of frustration? pls do. cos i personally have experienced the power emanating from the Blessed Sacrament.

my dear, you have all the tools to make YOUR life a big testimony. use your experiences (though harsh) to change lives, change your thinking, change the world.

Frustration has no place in a christian or have you forgotten that 'we are more than conquerors'?

Forgetting what lies behind , i urge you to look forward to the beautiful things that God has in store for you.  SO THAT WHILE SEARCHING FOR STONES YOU DONT MISS THE DIAMOND.

pls read this my post more than once and meditate cos i dint plan all what i wrote, it seems it was the Spirit leading me. dont take it as not important pls.

love you
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2007
I heard a similar story about a boy who was orphaned and ended up in red cross orphanage but the difference is that he chose to stay and work in the orphanage to make a change. He grew up there and now works there making a mark in the life of other orphans.

kuwena, take a deep breath, count up to a month, come back to the thread and please stop being a victim. how are u so sure they will not call u. Like i said there is a reserve batch. Pick urself up and hold on to ur faith like uche, it has a great recompense of reward. Nlng is still going to call people from this recruitment exercise, it might just take a while. Nlng is not a do or escape affair, there are other options my brother. Stand on third mainland bridge one day and count the number of cars that fit ur idea of a dream car, then calculate and c how many of them are owned by nlng staffs, less than 1%. there are so many ways to skin a rabbit, please dont write Nigeria off. what u need is to access Gods mind and find how u will birth ur destiny.

I understand ur desire to escape this country but no matter where u go remember that God will be there, He will be the ONLY constant in ur life. Dont trade him for anything. For once in ur life listen to opoks

@opoks, u don miss ya calling, na pastor u suppose be, chei, u fit preach.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Kuwena

I will refrain from taking you up on specific lines in your post.

I had done it before and the result was ugly.

I will jump your 'girlfriend' issue, your 'best friend' issue, I will jump several issues either because the info you're giving us for basing your decisions is either inconclusive or too personal for you to reveal more.

However, I have told you some home truths in my earlier posts.

If you think losing out on NLNG is enough to make you crack-up and conclude that Nigeria is not good for you, so be it.

That decision was already made in your heart; NLNG's was an accident waiting to happen.

If you think God was not with you while you suffered, go ahead and run away from this country, let's see whether na there God lives.

You've suffered much; I know. But wahala dey everywhere!

Instead of running away from Nigeria as though here is HELL ON EARTH, know that the same God who preserved you from being annihiliated by your relatives, even when you were living in the same roof with them, can preserve you anywhere.

And the same God who brought you this far, can take you further. Only if you try to find out why HE put you through all those trials and still kept you alive.

I am not a sucker for America. I shall visit all those places, perhaps work and reside in a few of them. Then I hope to be back to this country.

I AM STRICTLY NAIJA!

No matter how I try to change my identity, I cannot continue lying to myself that I am Ibo, Nigerian, African and a black man (inspite of my very fair complexion)
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2007
 crykuwena, its a sad and pathetic story u v just told (my heart bleeds for you- if it were possible, i'll give up my position to u!
from Kenosky

Thief!

Abeg give up your position for me! grin

I'm crying now! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Like say you fit grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 12:47pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ everyone,
how is the week going?

@ Kuwena, I hesitate to post directly what I have too say. I would prefer to call you up. I have been partways where you've been even though not to that magnitude. My uncles too swapped on everything and I cant even recognize any of my first cousins to know how bad it is.
I am happy today that I can put a smile on my mother's and family's faces.

@ opokonwa, I was at NLNG today and advised I 'waka' to Kaduna straight or produce my last invitation sent to Ibadan. Dont think I will be able to go to Ibadan for now so I am off to KD tomorrow. You could actually try calling to confirm names; I was there when someone did today.

Medical tests are still being done and are in batches. I saw the comprehensive pass list but couldnt confirm names on the list - dont even know most folk real names on nairaland.
Anyway, the verification forms of results and references will go out soon.
Will confirm date of resumption possibly by break tomorrow. I asked someone to please find out.

Have a great day
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
You know Kuwena,

While you were away on Intercontinental Bank's training and NLNG letters started flying out, and it became obvious that you had not gotten your own, I conferred with Adrianic on the possibility of Kuwena's reaction.

We both agreed that it was best you were not around at the time the letters were flying out 'cause e no go easy o!

The possibility of a Kuwena's outcry was looming shocked shocked shocked

When I had lunch with Kenosky, I again mentioned my concerns for you and he couldn't agree better. it was better you were not around then than if you were.

We were all in pains (including Kenosky) and didn't need anyone to exarcebate them. And we all knew you were very emotional, had burst-out before and could do it again.

Judging from your history, I can now understand you better.

However, I expected that having taken time to come back, that you would have gone through your worst moments in private, then come in here to help us pack things up.

Don't get me wrong. I had my own 'moment ofblues'. Only Adrianic knew. because I'm comfortable with him

And because if I come out here in the open to shed tears, it will be 'weakness' for a leader.

A leader is supposed to carry other ones along and not crack-up in the open.

If I had cracked up, this thread would not had been this interesting.

If Opoks cries publicly, what will other peeps do?

But I understand that you were just being true to your emotions in your own unique way.

But please, I hate to say 'cheer up' to you of all people. angry

I hate to repeat myself to someone whom I feel should know better.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2007
@Kuwena

I tried to stop thinking about your post but I couldn't.

Just needed to leave you with this parting shot:

MANY ARE THE AFFLICTIONS OF THE RIGHTEOUS: BUT THE LORD DELIVERETH HIM OUT OF THEM ALL PSALM 34:19

Consider this Bible verse very carefully.

Then kindly explain to me how you survived all you were exposed to?

Was it by your power?

Smartness??

Or the mercy and love of God?!

And now, HE didn't give you the one thing you desired at this time; NLNG

And you are whinning about how the whole Nigeria has worked against you??

If I were you; I would ask God for forgiveness.

Your life everyday should be 'a life of thanksgiving' because many peeps who haven't gone through half of what you went through are all dead! shocked shocked shocked

I know how many I lost on campus. If I start counting from Secondary or Primary school, I would lose count.

Or is it neighbours or friends, I would lose count!

And instead of thanking God for life, Good health and for passing through the valley of the shadow of death and coming out unscarred and for having a wonderful job with Intercontinental Bank!

YOU CAME HERE DISGRACING HIM WITH YOUR EMOTIONS. angry

If I start now, they will say I don start again!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ opoks

I think thats well said
Re: Which Way Nlng? by uche7869: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2007
[b]Kuwena, now that everybody pities u have u gotten the NLNG Job

WHAT IS WRONG WITH U, LET ME TELL U WHAT I REALLY FEEL, U ARE AN INGRATE, AT LEAST U HAVE A JOB NOW TO FALL BACK ON, NLNG Was and is still my main and only hope, but have I died, i STILL BELIEVE GOD CAN CHANGE THINGS FOR ME INDUCTION OR NOT, SELL UR SOUL TO THE DEVIL IF U LIKE , ,GOD WILL NOT EVEN NOTICE, JUDAS ISCARIOT AND ALL RITUALISTS HAVE GONE THE SAME WAY, WHERE ARE THEY NOW, ??

yOUNG MAN, tHANK GOD EVERYDAY THAT HE GAVE U A BANK JOB TO SOOTHE THE PAIN WHEN NLNG bleeped UP AND STOP LAMENTING, IT DIDNT DO JOB ANY GOOD IT WONT DO U ANY EITHER, BY THE WAY HAVE U SUFFERED UP TO WHAT JOB SUFFERED??AND U ARE ALREADY SELLING UR SOUL, WHERE ARE ALL THE SERMONS U USED TO PREACH ON THIS THREAD,

I DONT PITY U KUWENA, U ARE A GUY LIKE ME AND I WANT THE BEST FOR U, PITY IS NOT IT, WAKE UP MAN AND BE THANKFUL TO GOD THAT U ARE STILL ALIVE TO PLAN AHEAD, I HAVE A FRIEND IN TRAINING SCHOOL WITH U, WE SAW IN IBADAN OVER THE WEEKEND, ON SATURDAY NYT, ,HE CAME HOME ALMOST CRYING, WHYCOS UR BODIJA ,IBADAN BRANCH LOST A GATE MAN THAT EVENING, HE WENT TO BATHE AFTER HIS MORING SHIFT AND SLUMPED AND DIED IN THE BATHROOM, KUWENA U ARE STILL ALIVE,HEALTHY AND WHOLE, !!!!!!!!

THERE ARE PPLE WHO DESERVE BETTER IN LIFE BUT THEY CRAWL IN THE DIRTH,CRIPPLES BEGGIBG, MAN GO AND COUNT UR BLESSINGS AND BE GRATEFUL TO GOD,,

ME I DONT HAVE A JOB AT ALLL, ,I STILL TRUST GOD THAT NLNG WILL CALL ME THIS YEAR, I HAVE FAITH IN HIM THAT BY XMAS I'LL BE WORKING WITH NLNG AND IF NOT WITH ANODA GOOD ORG, I DONT KNOW HOW, BUT I KNOW GOD, !!!!!!!!

WHERE IS UR FAITH NOW?EVEN IF I FINALLY DONT GET NLNG I KNOW GOD HAS BETTER PLANS AHEAD, THE SAME GOES FOR U, CAN A MAN HATE GOD?KUWENA WAKE UP AND MOVE ON!!!!!

[color=#006600]IM PROUD TO BE NIGERIAN, SHAME ON U IF U ARE NOT!!!!!!
[/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color][/b]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by ratiken(m): 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ Kuwena
I will join Opoks to advice that you desperately ask God for forgiveness.

(Imagine this,' You took care of a child from childhood to manhood and he/ she probably requests for something you couldn't afford for him/her at that time knowing you have a better plan in the nearest future.
All of a sudden, this individual starts complaining as if he/she has never seen light at the end of the tunnel, as if you have helped in dashing his/her every hope.
If I was such a guardian, i will look stupid/ foolish and might be tempted to regret all i have done if not dumping any future kind gesture for that ward)

@ Kuwena
I think you went scotch free this time cos you were dealing with the ultimate loving guardian. But please, I've seen so much hope and future in you to make our sovereign God look stupid.

I'll say once again 'brace up and seek the face of him that has brought you this far.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by opokonwa(m): 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2007
If you reprimand a friend with the right hand, you also comfort him with the left hand.

Tolagbaju made it clear when he said that NLNG could not assimilate all the talents it assessed.

NLNG themselves made it clear that they only have a capacity for about a 100 persons out of the 500 of us who scaled all hurdles!

Kuwena, irrespective of your weaknesses, you are a genius.

Don't let any assessment, recuitment or company tell you that you are common.

The LORD who knew that you were orphaned before you could make out 'that reality' blessed you immensely with the skills you unleashed in IMSU, at NLNG and on this thread!

NLNG lost you for their External Relations Unit.

They do not know who they lost. sad

I WANT YOU TO LOOK THEM IN THE EYE AND TELL THEM THAT cool

AND I WANT YOU TO GET YOUR CONFIDENCE BACK! cool

THEN YOU CAN BE MY FRIEND AGAIN grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by wandel(m): 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2007
@ kuwena,

I am afraid when people say that- not because they mean it but because of what it might result into.

Please remember God loves you always and has your best interests at heart. Ask for His forgiveness as a father, mother and a God. Please do this before being chastised by Him.

I have been before and believe you me, its not funny. Everything went from good to terrible because I complained about what I had.

You are destined for greatness. Nothing can stop you - not NLNG. However you may stop/limit yourself with your attitude.

When all is lost, never lose your faith cos it will carry you through the worst of times(like this). You have the right to ask God why this had to happen and He will answer you. I have learnt to be real with Him and pour out to Him my frustrations and believe you me, I get answers.

I am closing for today. I can get flights convenient for me to take only a day off so Im taking a night bus to KD tomorrow and coming back by day bus!

Gotta go now. Peace everyone
Re: Which Way Nlng? by jill(f): 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hi Everyone,
its been a while since i dropped a line on this thread and i'd like to start by congratulating everyone who got a letter inviting them for the medicals. Kenosky and Wandel you've done me proud and the sky is your limit. smiley

I didn't get a letter but i'm still hopeful and know for a fact that a few more people will be getting letters. So Kuwena, please do not give up hope. Your story is a touching one and probably explains the depth of all your previous posts. People who've experienced pain and hardship usually come through it with a new outlook and maturity that might be lacking in their contemporaries. i wish you all the very best and fulfillment. Do not turn your back on your brother and fiancee at this trying time,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Sequoia(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2007
been a long time since i dropped in here. been seriously "under." but in just a few weeks (actually about 3) the whole mood here has changed.

@all who have been invited for medicals
congratulations are in order for you all. im sur ethat the Lord is still working on your cases as he will not leave u until he has done that which he said he'll do. to zhia, wandel, aniffy, kenosky, kenosym, etc and especially to my guys not on this thread soji and dare, big up tp y'all.

@ all still expecting,
methinks that we all at one time or the othere have actually considered what would happen if nlng eventually does not call us. we might have even rejected this thought or refused to dwell on it, but it always was a possibility.

but hope never loss. anything can still happen, but more importatntly, the will of God would come to be. so for some of us, the letters might still come and for others, no letters. but to get to this stage from the 18,000+ wey start the race, thats some consolation.

the future is very bright for all who beleive it is. now is not the time to allow despondency to set in, lets get upbeat as the best is yet to come. the beautiful ones are not yet born. so abeg let our spirits rise up and not dwell on this too much. who knows (God Knows) something beta might be on the horizon.

@ Kuwena
ur own na special case. i wouldn't like to start on ur response now but my guy wetin cause all those yarns.
1. being the chap who has been motivating everyone on this thread and for you to now fall to this level of despondency is very depressing and is really capable of depressing all on the thread

2. no matter where u are coming from where u are going is more secure and better than wherever. a saying comes to my mind here. "i was complaining that i had no shoes until i met a man that had no legs."
i used to complain about my 35k job early this year until i started meeting some of my chaps from skul who finished 1-2 years before me, but are still searching for jobs as at last week when i spoke with two of them.

kuwena, while i can understand the despondency, but my guy, im sure they were millions of people who would give their right hand, right leg ( or even their soul) to be i ur shoes at intercontinental presently.

so my guy, leave that thing, my people have a saying "Olorun ti n sebe, o ti kuro nidi isasun" that is "God that is cooking has not left the Kitchen." so see ur case no need this, as from ur story u have a lot of testimonies which shd have u beleive that God has always been coming thru for u. maybe i shd start counting some of ur testimonies so u'll appreciate what the good Lord has been doing for u.
even with the death of ur folks, u can still stand today as a graduate, first class mass communication
there are a lot of people with parents -even the two- and they have not been able to get to where u are today, with their parents ready to give all it takes for them to get a degree
you passed exams u did not write ( i no forget that one, we discussed it at the assessment june 4)
you get scholarship (at least me try, shell invite me 1999, leta reach me 2 weeks after the test; apply for chevron, mobil(mobil no even list my dept) etc, write like 2 tests or interview for FG scholarship b4 FG give me miserly 50k.
you serve for kano, come enter intercontinenetal bank(how many corpers they accept), in fact how many corpers IB retain- see my guy i for like dey accept be in ur shoes dey collect 200+ per month but i no too dig bank jobs.

as a parting shot, na you teach us some songs for this thread make i dash u this popular hymn aptly titled "Count your Blessing"

When upon life billows you are tempest tossed
when u are discouraged thinking all is lost
count your many blessings, name them one by one
and it will surprise you what they Lord has done.

count ur blessings name them one by one,
count your blessings, see what God has done
count your blessings, name them one by one
and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
[i]
[/i]

so my guy, NLNG no suppose take that from u.

nna men, i no know say this thing golong like this but Kuwena, i go holla u for phone sometime this week.

me na go i dey so, nlng leta come, uh hum
nlng letta no come, uh hum

[size=8pt]GOD DEY, AND I AM HIS WORK IN PROGRESS[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Which Way Nlng? by runsaway: 7:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
kuwena sweetie, i just feel like i have to add something more but i really don't have anything to say except i wish u all the best in life. u r truly a lovely person and i know u will feel beta about his situation in a few days, i also know u wont sell ur soul to the devil, u r too good for that. u r lovely, interesting and intelligent and thing can only get beta from here on. i wish u all the best. God will make all thing work right for u. Cheer up, u r loved
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tolagbaju(m): 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hey all,
Still expecting my letter from NLNG eventhough I'm already on with my Plan B. @Kuwena, ur story is really patethic but not enough to ostracize urself from Nigeria. U av a great future ahead of u NLNG or not, besides some of us are not destined to enter NLNG at graduate trainee level. Some are destined to join NLNG as experienced staff, thus I'm not losing hope forever.

@ Wandel wishing u safe trip to kaduna, then could u give us the number+ext u called at NLNG concerning ur medicals. I want to call them maybe they can tell me if I'm on the Lucky list or not. I don't want to call it pass list cos some people that didn't make the list are overqualified to work in NLNG but the slots are not just enough to contain us all.

I want somebody to pls drop a contact number one can call in NLNG,maybe we can confirm our status.

NLNG or not, lets keep our dream alive.

I still love Niaja.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by tommyex(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2007
grin

Every contribution has been funny and meaningful.

If i will add,from what i can fathom if KUWENA says he wants to sell his soul to d devil men na 4 film i dey ear that 1 oo,.That means all the words of God from you  in the past have been a smoke-screen n you don't hav efaith,because man like me wey no be pastor never think am sef,I mean i have been thinking of that statement and i jus wish you dint bring it out of your heart.ITS THE WORST THING I HAVE HEARD FOR THE PAST 30 YRSwait o,how old am i sef?.

Wait o,is WANDEL sayin we still have hope,letters in batches?anyhow jare,I am happy most of us have taken our minds off If anything come na MIRACLE n na d kain thing wey Bros 4 heaven dey enjoy be that.

Wait o,wer ADRIANO go!!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kenosky: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2007
all lovely peeps, thanx for the words to kuwena- i bet he needs it at this point and a rejoinder, kuwena, d downfall of a man is not the end of his life!!! rise up and shine forth like d star that u r,
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ehido(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2007
Hi All,

Congrats to those that have recieved thier letter for medicals, may you have a rewarding experience with NLNG.

I opted not to post again because I thought Bros Opoks was making a mockery of what we were doing but since then a lot has happened and as they say a lot of water has passed under the bridge and now I know better, These few days I have come to regard opoks in high esteem, Guy your wisdom exceeds your years e be like say you you and methuselah go the same nursery school self.

Kuwena you started this thread and you stired everyone with so much optimism, are you now going to act like the general that leads his men to the war front only to chicken out when he sees the enemy. I beleive every knows that getting into NLNG is not a hundred percent certain to everybody do not make a fuss about it. A lot of peeps here are the bread winners of thier family i.e they responsible for all the schooling and feeding of their youngers ones and still provide for their parents, you know how demanding this can be, not that I dont sympatize with you ooo!, but now you only have you and your brother and you have more than enough to support the two of you. So why not just thank God and move on, besides I know that you are among the best placed graduates in your set my Guy thank God ooo no  just contemplate any useless thing, but if u want to sell your soul abeg come and me, I will buy it and sell it and make my own margin, in life you win some and loose some, I know have lost a lot but U know say God no dey sleep. he knows what is best for you. But from ur psot I know u were joking about selling your soulto the devil.
About travelling abroad I advise u to go, fukfill your desire see what life is there get a degree there and come back, I assure you, you are a superstar here please dont allow Nigeria loose a gem like you who knows you can become the minister of finance and come to think of it you can be the head of coperate affairs in your bank you have it in you just keep churning out some write ups and find a way of getting them to ur communications people then u will see what can do for you well its just my thinking no follow me oooo do wetin you wan do god go help you

Well it looks as if the selection is not over, there is a possibility that they might still send more letters but that na story just continue with your plans, if NLNG come fine if e no come fine nothing spoil.

One thing me I know be say God go help does wey He wan help NLNG or not.

Thanks to every body that kept us informed all the time I really appreciate it and I still dey find more oooo.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by pgm(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2007
Ehido:

but if u want to sell your soul abeg come and me, I will buy it and sell it and make my own margin,

well said, in fact Gbam á la Opoks

@kuwena,
i think u av been advised enough but suffice it to ask, if u really mean to sell your soul to the devil, for just how much will that be?, Perhaps u could do with a little help there. i, for one, can be ur agent/manager. trust me i will make sure u get a good bargain. i am igbo by tribe, u r also igbo and remember

where two or three igbo men are gathered, business is there

my friend kuwena is a great man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@all
i think we still have kuwena to thank for spicing up this thread with that post!!!

good morning and have a blessed day.
u can reach me on 06012345678!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.