Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew (25197 Views)

How To Make Spicy Goat Meat Stew (video) / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by emperorblog(m): 8:16am On Oct 23, 2018
Bigajeff:
who pushed this topic to front-page this early morning now? don't you know you can be prosecuted for indiscriminate display of food in an attempt to aggravate the hunger that is in a state of calm which could resulted into salivating behavioural act and causes distraction at work. Be warned! summary is that I'm hungry.
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 8:20am On Oct 23, 2018
Bigajeff:
who pushed this topic to front-page this early morning now? don't you know you can be prosecuted for indiscriminate display of food in an attempt to aggravate the hunger that is in a state of calm which could resulted into salivating behavioural act and causes distraction at work. Be warned! summary is that I'm hungry.

Lol! Prosecuted? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by ikanason(m): 8:20am On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:
Watch Here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eXPxdt_o4

I made this assorted meat stew using fresh tomato only and it turned out very silky and delicious, this is one of the best stew recipes I enjoy so much because it pairs well anything yam, rice or plantain. It is prepared using different cuts of cow meat and I’d love to share the simple procedures with all the food lovers in this forum, I have also made a video on this you can check it out if you don’t mind.

Ingredients for Making Assorted Meat Stew

• 1 kg of assorted meat
• 10 medium tomatoes
• 6 large bell peppers
• 3 scotch bonnets
• 2 large sized onions
• 1 medium ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• 1 cup of meat broth
• A pinch of salt
• 3-4 stock cubes
• 1 cup of peanut oil

Procedures For Preparing Assorted Meat Stew

1. Combine tomatoes, scotch bonnets, bell peppers, 1 onion and ginger into a pot cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
2. Once they are all soft, remove from heat, leave to cool down, place in a blender and blend into smooth texture.
3. Wash the assorted meat into a another pot , season with pepper, stock cubes, onion, thyme, curry, and salt to taste.
4. Add 2 cups of water to the meat and cook until it turn out very soft, you may want to use a pressure cooker to cook this as it makes it
faster.
5. Separate the meat from the stock once it is soft and set aside.
6. Place another pot on heat, heat up peanut oil, add the meat to it and fry slightly, drain from the oil and set aside.
7. Add the crushed garlic, chopped onion into the oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
8. Add the tomato mix and stir fry for 10 minutes until it is well fried. Be sure to place a lid over the stew, as it will be bubbling and
splattering everywhere and also stir it from time to time to prevent it from burning at the bottom of the pot.
9. Add the meat stock and stir leave to cook until the liquid reduces, season the stew with stock cubes, thyme, curry , salt and stir it
properly.
10. Return the fried meat into the stew and stir, let the stew cook until the meat absorbs the nourishing flavour of all the spices.
11. Take the stew off heat once it has simmered for long and serve with boiled yam, rice or plantain.

Nice one. I love both the stew and the poster.
Op Pls are u married?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by joenor(m): 8:33am On Oct 23, 2018
This is yummy..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2018
shortgun:
Why do you need to boil the tomatoes and pepper before blending?
What's d advantage over blending them fresh?

You know vegetables generally contain a lot of water especially tomatoes, if they are blended fresh, you will have to add water to the blender to assist the spinning process otherwise your blender will hook.

Now, the water you have added to blend this plus the water in the tomatoes will become even too much and you will need to burn a lot gas and time to cook until water dries up before the frying begins.

When you boil your tomatoes and bell peppers first, it helps to reduce the large quantity of water from the tomatoes in this case you don't need to boil it again for hours. The time it takes for the tomatoes to shrink and loss moisture is just 10-15 minutes and it's quicker.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2018
devindevin2000:
With all the red oil? Is this a yoruba stew? I don't think Eastern or Biafran people stew look like this.
Red oil wasn't add sir!
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2018
devindevin2000:
With all the red oil? Is this a yoruba stew? I don't think Eastern or Biafran people stew look like this.
Red oil wasn't added sir!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:

Red oil wasn't add sir!
Added I mean to say
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 8:42am On Oct 23, 2018
ikanason:

Nice one. I love both the stew and the poster.
Op Pls are u married?
Thanks dear, I'm taken

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by wristbangle: 8:45am On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:

Thanks dear, I'm taken

crycry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by watchindelta(m): 8:47am On Oct 23, 2018
here we don't fry undecided we bake everything even stew cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by cassidy1996(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2018
this na Stew wey sabi
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Mizwisdom(f): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:

You know vegetables generally contain a lot of water especially tomatoes, if they are blended fresh, you will have to add water to the blender to assist the spinning process otherwise your blender will hook.

Now, the water you have added to blend this plus the water in the tomatoes will become even too much and you will need to burn a lot gas and time to cook until water dries up before the frying begins.

When you boil your tomatoes and bell peppers first, it helps to reduce the large quantity of water from the tomatoes in this case you don't need to boil it again for hours. The time it takes for the tomatoes to shrink and loss moisture is just 10-15 minutes and it's quicker.

Thanks, we learn everyday but if it's cut into small sizes before blending it the water one will add will be small

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2018
hemartins:
See correct food on a Tuesday morning.
I need a wife.
you need cooking lessons
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 23, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Thanks, we learn everyday but if it's cut into small sizes before blending it the water one will add will be small
Less acidic taste for those that don't believe in deep frying and using too much oil so that it doesn't taste raw.
U can actually blend tomatoes,pepper onions etc together without adding water. Blender type comes into play here kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by martineverest(m): 9:34am On Oct 23, 2018
okomile:

Teaching those who don't know how to cook.
Never will I boil my tomatoes, tatase and roodo before I blend.

Good for those who are learning how to cook sha
grin grin
lol...... the method above is more expensive and time wasting

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by justiwise: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:

"Boiling" fresh vegetables for that long will reduce all the nutrients in it make the taste flat and soggy.

It is most preferable to parboil after blending if you must have that . stewy taste. I am not a fan of this.

I have never added water to my tomatoes while blending cos co chop it up and don't overfil the blender.

I have tried both styles but My stew taste better when I don't parboil my tomatoes at all

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by hemartins(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2018
Jobia:
you need cooking lessons
I can cook but I don't have the time.
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by AreaFada2: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2018
This OP is a very wicked sombarry. This kind delicious thing this early morn morn? grin grin

Just add diced ugwu/pumpkin leaves when you turn the heat off and cover. The semi-crunchy taste feel of it with rice, pasta, yam, plantain or potato nor be here.

Nice.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2018
hemartins:

I can cook but I don't have the time.
okay
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by osita76(m): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:
Watch Here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eXPxdt_o4

I made this assorted meat stew using fresh tomato only and it turned out very silky and delicious, this is one of the best stew recipes I enjoy so much because it pairs well anything yam, rice or plantain. It is prepared using different cuts of cow meat and I’d love to share the simple procedures with all the food lovers in this forum, I have also made a video on this you can check it out if you don’t mind.

Ingredients for Making Assorted Meat Stew

• 1 kg of assorted meat
• 10 medium tomatoes
• 6 large bell peppers
• 3 scotch bonnets
• 2 large sized onions
• 1 medium ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• 1 cup of meat broth
• A pinch of salt
• 3-4 stock cubes
• 1 cup of peanut oil

Procedures For Preparing Assorted Meat Stew

1. Combine tomatoes, scotch bonnets, bell peppers, 1 onion and ginger into a pot cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
2. Once they are all soft, remove from heat, leave to cool down, place in a blender and blend into smooth texture.
3. Wash the assorted meat into a another pot , season with pepper, stock cubes, onion, thyme, curry, and salt to taste.
4. Add 2 cups of water to the meat and cook until it turn out very soft, you may want to use a pressure cooker to cook this as it makes it
faster.
5. Separate the meat from the stock once it is soft and set aside.
6. Place another pot on heat, heat up peanut oil, add the meat to it and fry slightly, drain from the oil and set aside.
7. Add the crushed garlic, chopped onion into the oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
8. Add the tomato mix and stir fry for 10 minutes until it is well fried. Be sure to place a lid over the stew, as it will be bubbling and
splattering everywhere and also stir it from time to time to prevent it from burning at the bottom of the pot.
9. Add the meat stock and stir leave to cook until the liquid reduces, season the stew with stock cubes, thyme, curry , salt and stir it
properly.
10. Return the fried meat into the stew and stir, let the stew cook until the meat absorbs the nourishing flavour of all the spices.
11. Take the stew off heat once it has simmered for long and serve with boiled yam, rice or plantain.

lovely
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2018
justiwise:

"Boiling" fresh vegetables for that long will reduce all the nutrients in it make the taste flat and soggy.

It is most preferable to parboil after blending if you must have that . stewy taste. I am not a fan of this.

I have never added water to my tomatoes while blending cos co chop it up and don't overfil the blender.

I have tried both styles but My stew taste better when I don't parboil my tomatoes at all
Parboiling tomatoes before blending takes about few minutes.
Once it starts boiling, turn off ur cooker and allow to cool. Water will naturally separate from the tomatoes and u will have tomatoe puree like we have in cans and tubes.
Frying don't waste time at all.
Your method kill the nutrients faster.
By the time you will start cooking stew, I would have finished eating. kiss

Also, it gives ur stew a very unique taste. U don't have to put all the maggi or knorr in this world for the stew to taste sweet.

I personally don't deep fry and you will be amazed at the qty of oil I use in making stew.

Yeah we all love our stew but we should endeavour to make it as healthy as possible.
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by justiwise: 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
sassysure:

Parboiling tomatoes before blending takes about few minutes.
Once it starts boiling, turn off ur cooker and allow to cool. Water will naturally separate from the tomatoes and u will have tomatoe puree like we have in cans and tubes.
Frying don't waste time at all.
Your method kill the nutrients faster.
By the time you will start cooking stew, I would have finished eating. kiss

Also, it gives ur stew a very unique taste. U don't have to put all the maggi or knorr in this world for the stew to taste sweet.

I personally don't deep fry and you will be amazed at the qty of oil I use in making stew.

Yeah we all love our stew but we should endeavour to make it as healthy as possible.

But OP said 20 mins? Haha
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by ImaIma1(f): 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
Looks delicious. That shaki looks appetizing.

But if not using pressure pot to cook the meat, no water is required until the one that comes out from the meat is drying.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Rextizzle(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2018
vinegurl:
more pictures

Queenitee GOOD MORNING, Food is ready!
Assuming I like Nigerian girls I would have married you.
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
AreaFada2:
This OP is a very wicked sombarry. This kind delicious thing this early morn morn? grin grin

Just add diced ugwu/pumpkin leaves when you turn the heat off and cover. The semi-crunchy taste feel of it with rice, pasta, yam, plantain or potato nor be here.

Nice.

Lol. grin yes for those that love green veggies in their stew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by queenitee(f): 7:39am On Oct 24, 2018
vinegurl:
more pictures

Queenitee GOOD MORNING, Food is ready!

Thank you, I'm salivating already

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by vinegurl(f): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2018
queenitee:

Thank you, I'm salivating already
grin
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by 3ncrypted: 8:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Wow yomilicious stew, and yes assorted meat is available.
Greetings.
We source for FARM produce from far markets and sell at a very reasonable price. Our aim is to give you an excellent eating experience at home and to add varieties of meat to your pot at a very competitive cost.

Ranging from any cut of cow to goat meat, with emphasis on the freshness and the quality, from slaughter to your pot, zero exposure or too many hand handling, we ensure you are satisfied all the way.

We sell varieties of boneless meat eg.

Pomo
Thick pomo
Beef
Round about
Offal aka abody or inners
Shaki
Cow legs
Cow tails (can be shared between two people).

We cut based on your specifications.

Our referral system is motivating;
*Refer an individual = half kg of any variety of your choice excluding Cow tail.
*Refer a restaurant = 1 kg of any variety of your choice excluding Cow tail.
*Refer an hotel = 1.5 kg of any variety of your choice excluding Cow tail.

Please note that the reward can be in cash equivalent.

We sell in kilograms. Be rest assured that we give you value for your money. It can't be cheaper than ours elsewhere considering where we source from.

We deliver to you with a service charge of #150. We also advocate pickup at no extra charge.

Whole goat available.
Thanksgiving size live goat
Goat sharing:- It can be shared between max of 4 people.

Orders should be placed on time because we source for goat from far northern villages.

Our market days are: - FRIDAY's and SATURDAY's only. However we start taking order from Monday thru Friday latest 6am on friday.
Pay on delivery

Plan that meal with ease.

Who says you can't have quantity and quality at reduced cost. A trial won't just convince you rather it will turn you into a promoting marketer.
P.chat me on WhatsApp 08117922660. Lagos only.
Re: Nigerian Assorted Meat Stew Recipe: How To Make Assorted Meat Stew by Auxigen(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2019
hemartins:
See correct food on a Tuesday morning. I need a wife.
LOL. . Your signature is funny. I've got something you should see though.. Ring me. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Prices Drop In Kano, Taraba, Kwara, Niger / Apart From Rice, Beans, Swallow & Indomie/Spaghetti, Whatelse Do You Eat? / Bournvita Vs Milo: Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.