Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) (17549 Views)

FCT Police Arrest Chukwuemeka Oputa Aka "Pounds & Dollars" (photo) / Ghana Police Intercept Nigerians With Bundles Of Fake Dollars (pics/video) / Lady Set Ablaze For Possession Of Quran In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by DuroLover(f): 8:28am On Oct 23, 2018
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday, Monday 22nd October, 2018 arraigned One Ishak Abubakar popularly known as Mai Rakumi, before honorable Justice Lewis Allagoa of the Federal High Court Kano on four count charge bordering on possession fake USA Dollars.

He was arrested by a team of NDLEA operatives during a raid conducted at his residence located at number 2230 Goron Dutse area of kano state. During the raid, 176 pieces of of one hundred denomination of fake American Dollars was found.

Another sum of N75, 000.00 (Seventy Five Thousand Naira) only, 2 international passports, five GSM phones and one digital radio were recovered.

After interim investigation, the NDLEA officers handed the defendant over to the EFCC in view of the fact that his offence was financial crime in nature.

In the course of investigation into the activities of the defendant, the EFCC operatives discovered that he is a popular native doctor who engages in Babalawo activities in Kano.

Before the plea of the defendant could be read, prosecution counsel, Samuel Chime informed the court that there was an application before the court for plea bargain as guided by the Administration of criminal Justice Act 2015.

Subsequently both counsels met and adopted the terms and condition as contained in the plea bargain agreement.

Consequently, prosecution counsel applied orally for the striking out of count 3 and 4 and urge the court to read court 1 and 2 to the defendant for the purpose of his plea.

After listening to the charge, Mai-Rakumi pleaded guilty to the two count charge. The facts of the case were reviewed and being fully satisfied with the outcome, Justice Allagoa adjourned the matter to November 8, 2018 for judgment and sentence.

One of the charge read that "you Abubakar Ishaq on or about 11th October 2017 at Kano within the Kano judicial division of the federal high court, had in your possession 146 pieces of counterfeit and 100 United State of American Dollars Bills each with serial number HL21189273F knowing same to be counterfeit and thereby committed an offence contrary to to section 5 (1)(b) of the counterfeit (currency special provision) Act. and punishable under section 5 of the Act.

Source : http://viralmula.com/2018/10/23/efcc-arrests-babalawo-possession-fake-dollars-photo/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Olohunjedalo(m): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2018
He is obviously a scammer .
I know their format
A woman very close to me had an encounter with them sometime ago . And they tried to deceive her into believing she could make quick cash . Bla bla bla .
They showed her some dollars and then told her they needed to unlock a box an oyibo man lost . And that it contains more dollars and they need some money from her to unlock the box and she will be paid thousand of dollars after unlocking it. Lmao .
She ran like Say tomorrow no dy grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Lincoln275(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2018
hmmmm
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by maxiuc(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2018
Hahahaha

While the dollar magician in Kano is walking free

17 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by tofolo(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2018
Meanwhile...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by GMPO(m): 10:41am On Oct 23, 2018
THE EFCC GUYS ARE TOO OVERZEALOUS.LET'S LOBBY HIM(THE MAGICIAN) WHETHER HE CAN PRODUCE ORIGINAL.FOR ALL WE KNOW HE CAN GIVE US MORE BY PRODUCING DOLLARS THAT WILL HELP OUR ECONOMY.HOPE I AM MAKING SENSE?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Rubbiish(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2018
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Hier(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2018
Everything seems not be working during this Burahi regime, even the gods are affected.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Jestin: 10:43am On Oct 23, 2018
It is crystal clear that he is a guyman native Doctor
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by hotwax: 10:44am On Oct 23, 2018
Lolz. Hausa man doing babalawo. Odd
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by dynicks(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2018
tofolo:
Meanwhile...
lol
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 23, 2018
Kano and Dollar sad
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by PresidentAtiku(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2018
Lol
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by crownson(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2018
End of the wicked
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by zicocards(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2018
Your cup Don full. Ganduje family

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by figure007(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2018
Ok
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by BruncleZuma: 10:53am On Oct 23, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Xander85: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2018
Phew....that's a relief! undecided

Was reading the thread heading with a rising sense of dread, thinking the native doctor was caught with a human head, but was relieved to find it was just fake dollars! lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by okc4nairaland: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2018
Pictures of the said fake money or

I donbilivit
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by tofolo(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2018
dynicks:
lol
Kano people and dollars..... grin
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by tompat86(m): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2018
mustwin075:
upgrade your account today call or whatsapp if interested
Scam everywhere, bleep U
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Unik3030: 11:03am On Oct 23, 2018
all these scammers that are always advertising sure games,cant they play it n make money or them no like money ni?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by Fitbillionairep: 11:08am On Oct 23, 2018
in my days of desperately looking for money , they scammed me. they make it look so real. i swear soon i will fund a special task force to crack those those so called hindu money ritual men in benin and lagos. may una wait for me, i dey come
Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by lenghtinny(m): 11:13am On Oct 23, 2018
Fitbillionairep:
in my days of desperately looking for money , they scammed me. they make it look so real. i swear soon i will fund a special task force to crack those those so called hindu money ritual men in benin and lagos. may una wait for me, i dey come

Re: EFCC Arraigns Native Doctor For Possession Of Fake Dollars (photo) by NigeriaBam: 11:14am On Oct 23, 2018
Interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Attack Zamfara Mosque During Juma'at Prayer Abduct Scores Of Worshippers / Little Girl Abused By Guardian In Abuja (photos) / Sextortion Case: Two Arrested In Nigeria After Australian Boy's Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.