Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students (17851 Views)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / LAUTECH Students Involved In Motor Accident, 2 Students Confirmed Dead (Graphic) / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by evanso6226(f): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
Following the over 100% hike in school fees, students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology have said they won’t pay the new tuition.

The University management in an email sent to the students on Monday, October 15, 2018, said the hike will take effect from the 2018/19 session.

Having announced the new tuition, returning students who are indigenes of Oyo and Osun state will be paying N200,000 while non-indigenes are to pay N250,000.

However, the students have protested against the hike saying they can’t pay the fees.

Reacting to the fee hike, the institution’s Students Union President, Abiodun Oluwaseun while speaking with Sahara Reporters describe the school management and state government’s decision as wicked and insensitive.

“Our students find it very difficult to pay the N65,000; they pasted debtors’ list of over 4,000 students. Now, they have come up with this ridiculous amount. The stand of our union remains that we will not accept a kobo added to the tuition fee.

“The government should live up to their responsibility and give due subventions to the university; we will resist this anti-people policy with our last breath. If for this cause I die, let it be; we are ready for them; we will not be intimidated by the Police or other machinery they want to use against us, and we will seek legal redress soon.”

Ladoke Akintola University was established in 1990 by the government of Oyo and Osun state.

Source: https://www.clintgist.com/lautech-students-say-they-wont-pay-the-new-school-fees-id9013234-html/

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Made4naijablog: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Ok
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked shocked

i am not surprised..... Lautech is a glorified mechanic workshop hence the management and students behave like roadside mechanics and their apprentice

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Mcanie: 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
Make una try am
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by paymentvoucher: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
shocked
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
Paying such huge amount in a public school.our leaders are really heartless.Buhari and Atiku it will not be well with you all.
What we need in these country is total restructuring. I wonder the kind of youth we have in this country. They will sell their future for as cheap as 1k during election and they will be shouting" Sai buhari" and"let's Atikulate".
I weep for the future of these country.

24 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nigeria shud be recolonised pls.

7 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by ictjobber: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
No be Nigeria again... A nation filled to the brim with cowards.. Cowards who are so scared of even fighting for their basic rights because they no wan die, dem no wan peme, them wan chop life... Abeg, after them go still pay the money. No be today.

Meanwhile could South Africa be the most immoral country in the world? See my signature for the shock of your life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Lautech is the headquarters of Gee boiz na.

Na change for them.

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Akinz0126(m): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Don't know whether to stand or sit with them.

How much is the new minimum wage again?

1 Like

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by SSPX(m): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
Nice one from them. Meanwhile Articulate with obedient 2019

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by 12345baba(m): 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
buhari and apseeee
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by buikem2: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2018
What will private schools now pay na? 250k shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by qanda: 4:02pm On Oct 23, 2018
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Sizuabanze: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Please help.

Nothing is too small for me to feed

fidelity- 6320004695
Thanks
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by airminem(f): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Atiku will
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by ShameOnAPC: 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
The hike in fee is a scam, the 2 States owner will reduce it to around 150k ,250k is just an awareness

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Timil: 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

i am not surprised..... Lautech is a glorified mechanic workshop hence the management and students behave like roadside mechanics and their apprentice
Dude you are trying so hard to sound reasonable and intelligent but you aren't besides I don't know why you care so much about the cheap likes and shares like your existence depends on it.

Dude you don't need this you should have outgrown this nonsense.

22 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by SignatureNG(f): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
imagine 100% hike and no hike in salary oo nor minimum wage
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Lagbaja01(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
i dont get your point
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
buikem2:
What will private schools now pay na? 250k shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by zikam(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
i tire for the school, na soo so strike, spending 8 years for a 5 years course, isnt dat stupidity?
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by olazy6(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
I knew d school is coming to this.......
Anyway my presido stage d protest wisely abeg. Do not die for this reason......... Unna parent won't b happy if they read ur "if I die for ds cause, let it be"
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Justseyii: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2018
LAUTECH is a fraud.
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by kolafolabi(m): 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2018
That school seriously need God's intervention. Osun and Oyo states government have failed in ensuring a better conducive environment for both staff and students of the Institution.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Richkid97(m): 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Senseless Idiot

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by FOWOSHERE01(m): 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
Na wa oooh
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

What people will do and say for likes these days en; only God will save us from people like your type
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
May God help you.... I stand with you
Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by FuckFuckBoy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 23, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Trying to sound like NwaAmaikpe but you're not even in his league cheesy

3 Likes

Re: We Won’t Pay The New School Fees- LAUTECH Students by Jaeljael: 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2018
why don't the govt close down this schl, and convert the institution to a place dat produce "pure water and bottle water.
at least d schl is not producing graduates but producing something

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ijaw National Academy Kaiama In Pictures / NANS Gives Akeredolu 24 Hours Ultimatum To Revise School Fees / Six Things To Note As Jamb Commence Sales Of Form 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.