Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Just Treated Gonorrhea...how Long Do I Wait Before Having Sex Again? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Just Treated Gonorrhea...how Long Do I Wait Before Having Sex Again? (800 Views)

Have You Successfully Treated Gonorrhea With Herbal Medication? / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? / How Long Do You Use Your Toothbrush Before You Change It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just Treated Gonorrhea...how Long Do I Wait Before Having Sex Again? by gakpaniko(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2018
Before we progress, let me just chip in this fact; as many men or women that are actively involved in sex, there are possibilities of having gonorrhea. Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can affect both men and women. It can cause infections in the throat, genitals, and rectum, most commonly among 15-24 and could have a lot of complications but using the right medication, it can be cured.

So it is quite unfair to yourself if you further treat yourself bad by wanting to give up. You don't give up because you are diagnosed with gonorrhea. There are a lot of other people in your shoes who are taking the necessary steps in treating the disease because, hey!  it is curable!

Before I share the way out of this unpleasant health situation, it is expedient to have an understanding of how this disease could be spread from one person to another.

How is Gonorrhea spread
Gonorrhea majorly can be spread by having sex, both vaginal, anal and MouthAction. It is weird when people ask questions about the possibilities of having the disease through MouthAction. In a situation where one has MouthAction with someone who has gonorrhea and has a sore in the mouth, there is obviously a large propensity of contracting the disease.

Having revealed this, it is time to know ways to reduce the risk of contracting the virus.

Ways to reduce the risk of contracting the virus
The only reliable way to avoid gonorrhea is by abstaining from all forms of sexual activity because it definitely cannot find its way into the system if there was nothing done to have warranted its presence. In other words, abstinence is the safest means of prevention.

However, if you are sexually active and the first option seemed impossible to you, it is understandable. This is why it is advised to;

Maintain a relationship with a single partner following series and steady tests
Use proper latex condoms the right way when used.

Are you at risk?
Like I said earlier, as long as you are sexually active, there is a large chance of having gonorrhea. Gays, Ladies between 25, Women above 25 who have more than one sexual partners should make sure they run tests as often as possible

How to know if you have Gonorrhea
Gonorrhea in some men surfaces no symptoms in any way. However, men who have gonorrhea may have:

A severe burning sensation when they try to urinate
A yellow, white, or green discharge from the penis
Painful or swollen testicles.

The case is quite similar to women who have gonorrhea as most of them do not have symptoms equally. However, it could be mistaken for a bladder or vagina infection. Women who have the disease stand a high chance of developing severe complications via the infection. Pregnant women can also transfer the disease to the children.

Symptoms in women include

Painful or burning sensation when urinating.
An unusual increase in vaginal discharge.
Bleeding in the vaginal between periods.

Rectal infections may either cause no symptoms or cause symptoms in both men and women that may include:

Discharge
Anal itching
Soreness
Bleeding
Painful bowel movements.
SEE ALSO: 6 Amazing health benefits of Tiger nuts you never knew.. www.stillonhealth.com

You should be examined by your doctor if you notice any of these symptoms or if your partner has an STD or symptoms of an STD, such as an unusual sore, a smelly discharge, burning when urinating, or bleeding between periods.

Visit www.stillonhealth.com for your top-notch tips on living healthy every day.
Re: Just Treated Gonorrhea...how Long Do I Wait Before Having Sex Again? by 247Dior(m): 6:57pm On May 19, 2019
N
Re: Just Treated Gonorrhea...how Long Do I Wait Before Having Sex Again? by 247Dior(m): 6:58pm On May 19, 2019
gakpaniko:
Before we progress, let me just chip in this fact; as many men or women that are actively involved in sex, there are possibilities of having gonorrhea. Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can affect both men and women. It can cause infections in the throat, genitals, and rectum, most commonly among 15-24 and could have a lot of complications but using the right medication, it can be cured.

So it is quite unfair to yourself if you further treat yourself bad by wanting to give up. You don't give up because you are diagnosed with gonorrhea. There are a lot of other people in your shoes who are taking the necessary steps in treating the disease because, hey!  it is curable!

Before I share the way out of this unpleasant health situation, it is expedient to have an understanding of how this disease could be spread from one person to another.

How is Gonorrhea spread
Gonorrhea majorly can be spread by having sex, both vaginal, anal and MouthAction. It is weird when people ask questions about the possibilities of having the disease through MouthAction. In a situation where one has MouthAction with someone who has gonorrhea and has a sore in the mouth, there is obviously a large propensity of contracting the disease.

Having revealed this, it is time to know ways to reduce the risk of contracting the virus.

Ways to reduce the risk of contracting the virus
The only reliable way to avoid gonorrhea is by abstaining from all forms of sexual activity because it definitely cannot find its way into the system if there was nothing done to have warranted its presence. In other words, abstinence is the safest means of prevention.

However, if you are sexually active and the first option seemed impossible to you, it is understandable. This is why it is advised to;

Maintain a relationship with a single partner following series and steady tests
Use proper latex condoms the right way when used.

Are you at risk?
Like I said earlier, as long as you are sexually active, there is a large chance of having gonorrhea. Gays, Ladies between 25, Women above 25 who have more than one sexual partners should make sure they run tests as often as possible

How to know if you have Gonorrhea
Gonorrhea in some men surfaces no symptoms in any way. However, men who have gonorrhea may have:

A severe burning sensation when they try to urinate
A yellow, white, or green discharge from the penis
Painful or swollen testicles.

The case is quite similar to women who have gonorrhea as most of them do not have symptoms equally. However, it could be mistaken for a bladder or vagina infection. Women who have the disease stand a high chance of developing severe complications via the infection. Pregnant women can also transfer the disease to the children.

Symptoms in women include

Painful or burning sensation when urinating.
An unusual increase in vaginal discharge.
Bleeding in the vaginal between periods.

Rectal infections may either cause no symptoms or cause symptoms in both men and women that may include:

Discharge
Anal itching
Soreness
Bleeding
Painful bowel movements.
SEE ALSO: 6 Amazing health benefits of Tiger nuts you never knew.. www.stillonhealth.com

You should be examined by your doctor if you notice any of these symptoms or if your partner has an STD or symptoms of an STD, such as an unusual sore, a smelly discharge, burning when urinating, or bleeding between periods.

Visit www.stillonhealth.com for your top-notch tips on living healthy every day.

AFter treatment how long does it take for the discharge to stop?
AFter treatment how long does it take for the discharge to stop?

(1) (Reply)

Treatment Of Man Infection / How US Scientists Are Fighting The Coronavirus. / Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.