Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court (330 Views)

Stop Using Me To Make Money From Obaseki - Oshiomhole Tells Philip Shaibu / Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money / "Make Sure National Assembly Reconvenes" - Oshiomhole Tells APC Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court by comos: 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2018
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, has urged the Federal High Court in Abuja to strike out a suit seeking an order compelling the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to investigate allegations of corruption against him.

The plaintiff, Bishop Osadolor Ochei, had, on October 28, 2016, petitioned the EFCC asking the commission to investigate some corruption allegations against Oshiomhole as governor of Edo State.

Dissatisfied with EFCC’s alleged refusal to look into the case, Ochei filed the suit marked, FHC/ABJ/CS/628/2018 before the Federal High Court in Abuja, seeking an order of mandamus to compel the EFCC to arrest and commence criminal proceedings against Oshiomhole over alleged financial fraud while he was governor of Edo State.

The plaintiff attached to his suit 86 exhibits.

His lawyer, West Idahosa, had told the court that there were documents and electronic pictures of palatial houses credited to the former governor, whose earnings throughout his lifetime, according to the plaintiff, could not have been able to afford.

Idahosa added, among other allegations, that there was evidence of diversion of Edo State funds by Oshiomhole.

He said there were also vouchers of exorbitant air fares that the former governor allegedly incurred.

source : Punch Newspaper
Re: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2018
Lol
Re: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Before nkor
Re: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court by nnachukz(m): 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
The Saints can even do what they keep telling others to do. Go to the court to clear your name.
Re: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court by escodotman: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
Oshiomole who is always quick to denegrate, malign and labbel the PDP as corrupt everytime he's in front of camera, quickly ran to the court to seek cover and protection to stop the EFCC (who wouldn't even dare to probe him anyway) from probing him. If Oshiomole is a 'saint' like he wants Nigerians to believe, why is he running helter sketer to seek cover from probe when he has nothing to hide? I remember how this man was making a lot of allegations of missing monies against Jonathan administration, meanwhile he was amassing wealth & building ''palatial houses'' with Edo state's money while painting PDP corrupt. Is Oshiomole not worse than Evans....

1 Like

Re: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption, Oshiomhole Tells Court by MeanChris(m): 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
We are not yet ready for any meaningful change in this country

(1) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: What Atiku, Buhari Should Learn From Jonathan – Gowon / Fayose Struggle To Meet Bail Condition; To Spend Weekend In Prison / Okowa Is Developing Infrastructure In Delta –orido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.