Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money (10352 Views)

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors / 2023: Pastor Tunde Bakare Reveals Where Buhari’s Successor Should Come From / Peter Obi Advises Ihedioha: Don't Waste Imo Money, Ignore Chartered Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Insidenaija: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
Imo state governor Senator Hope Uzodinma, has urged anyone who will succeed him to probe his administration if he steals the state’s patrimony, Newspremises reports.

The governor said governance is about transparency and that is what he has come to offer to Imo people and not to steal their money.

He said this while addressing a cross section of Imo stakeholders on Saturday at the Eze Imo palace in Owerri, the state’s capital.

According to him, “I have come to serve Imo people and not to steal their money.

“I have said it time without number that I would like my successor to probe my administration if I leave office.

“If I have any intention of looting Imo common patrimony, I would not have taken some of policies geared towards recovering looted funds from the past administrations.

“Let me make it abundantly clear that I will stop at nothing in recovering all Imo wealth and property forcefully converted to personal ownership by top political leaders in the state.

“In the last couple of weeks, recoveries had been made on stolen lands, buildings and assets, which were fraudulently converted to personal use by the past administration.

“Among the recovered was the former Eastern Palm University which was renamed K. O Mbadiwe University.

“You will agree with me that it was the unveiling of the white paper reports on lands that heightened insecurity in the state. We won’t go back in carrying out the report on the white paper.

“Because we want to restore sanity in governance, we have made frantic efforts to deliver to our campaign promises anchored on Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Recovery.

“Anyone found wanton in the area of stealing or embezzling the people money, will be shown the way out.

“Note that as I recover Imo properties converted to personal ownership by those who have political power, back to Imo people, the same awaits me when I leave office. This is why I want to reiterate before that I did not become governor to be richer than the state after my tenure, but to serve you in truth and with fear of God,” he said.

Among the stakeholders that attended the meeting are the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo Worldwide, Prof. George Obiozor; Elderstatesman Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu; former Governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim; Senator representing Imo North senatorial district, Frank Ibezim; Chike Okafor who is representing Okigwe South Federal Constituency; former presidential candidate of APGA, Jerry Chukwueke. Present and former members of the National Assembly, speaker and members of Imo state House of Assembly, the traditional rulers among others.

https://newspremises.com.ng/my-successor-should-probe-me-if-i-steal-imo-money-uzodinma/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Fahdiga(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Tale by moonlight story. When the time comes we will be hearing witch-hunting from the suprema la govano

46 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Dmavin: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
I can't bet my life on that

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Insidenaija: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
grin grin grin
Fahdiga:
Tale by moonlight story. When the time comes we will be hearing witch-hunting from the suprema la govano

4 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by chatinent: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Probe in a family business?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Fahdiga(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by DaddyRochie1642: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hope Uzodimma is Working

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by EMMY76: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
How can imolites take the words of someone that became governor through the back door serious? He should resign from the office if he his really sincere and clean.

24 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by candymeka: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Janamchillz: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by PrinceOfLagos: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by EmzyT: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2021

9 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Franklyspeakin: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Small challenge.... It certain that you will be probed too. I trust IMO people for that one. Especially coming from the APC extraction and without good evidence of executed projects. Its common knowledge that the IMO citizenry don't like you.

4 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by ablejesus26(m): 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Obviously bcus you will do everything not to be caught �

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Franklyspeakin: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Aside The Gov of Abia state, who else is a useless governor, indicate by raising your hand.

16 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Felabrity: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
How about, you should be sentenced to death or jailed for life if you stole Imo money?

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by ORAFA(m): 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
He'll even jail you

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by ThinkSmarter: 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
It is only when u re convinced that u got integrity and principled that you can dare utter this kind of statement.
I am not implying that Uzodinma is a saint, but it takes some inner conviction to utter this kind of word.
The likes of Rochas Okorocha can never dare say this kind of thing.
Imagine Tinubu and Dame Patience Jonathan challenging for their probe.
Have you noticed that most politicians don't challenge people when accussed of corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by WibusJaga: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
Would have taken you serious if you had sworn Amadioha should strike you dead if you steal Imo money.

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by rave299: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dont be scared
Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by wunmi590(m): 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
cool

We would hold you by your word, even if it pant you stole from the government house, you will be jailed...

Supreme court governor

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
EMMY76:
How can imolites take the words of someone that became governor through the back door serious? He should resign from the office if he his really sincere and clean.

No, he did not became the Governor through the back door.
Read and expand your knowledge on electoral process and don't argue unnecessarily.
Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Unibener: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
Keyword
"I will not be Richer than the State"
That means that he may have the same wealth as the state but not RICHER

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by YouandiAllofus: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Y

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lol this politicians self
Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by lexy2014: 2:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
Insidenaija:

https://newspremises.com.ng/my-successor-should-probe-me-if-i-steal-imo-money-uzodinma/

Is it d successor that he will plant or d successor that d people will vote for?

2 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by notmyrealmonika: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
Na wash
Re: Hope Uzodinma: My Successor Should Probe Me If I Steal Imo Money by Myself2(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
Don't worry, we will soon mount pressure on the EFCC to probe you for your role in the River Niger dredging scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Signs Agreement With Chinese Agricultural Firm / Killings In Northern Nigeria Have Nothing To Do With Religion – ACF / Oby Ezekwesili Accuses Buhari Of Copying Campaign Promise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.