Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:11 AM

How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? (560 Views)

NPOWER Responded To 2018 Npower Application Posted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? by versashee: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently did an interview with a firm which of course is the first interview i have attended (i usually end others at aptitude test stage).

These are some of the questions i was asked and here arr my answers (which of course i think i did not respond to very well):

1. INTERVIEWER: Do you have a girlfriend?
ME: No
INTERVIEWER: Have you ever had one?
ME: Yes but we are not together anymore
INTERVIEWER: What happened to the relationship? And why did the relationship end?
ME: It was based on mutual understanding. Her family does not like the idea she is dating someone that is not from her state.
INTERVIEWER: Okay, I thought she left because of character.
ME: No, it's just based on mutual understanding.

2. INTERVIEWER: Do you like plenty women?
ME: No, one woman is enough

3. INTERVIEWER: If you find yourself in an environment or a company that someone who you are more qualified than is earning more than you, what would be your action?

ME: For the emoloyee to be earning more than me implies the employee has a skill which is very useful to the organization since i believe the organization has a structure of payment for all employees.

INTERVIEWER: Are you sure you would not protest?

ME: I would not but also, i have not been in such a situation before.

4. INTERVIEWER: Did you drink?
ME: No, I did not
INTERVIEWER: Previously, you said you do drink. Why are you now saying you don't drink?
ME: The previous question was ;"Do you drink? " and not '' Did you drink? ".

Those are the major ones which i think i flopped.
Is there a better way i should have responded?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 24, 2018
versashee:
Hello everyone,

I recently did an interview with a firm which of course is the first interview i have attended (i usually end others at aptitude test stage).

These are some of the questions i was asked and here arr my answers (which of course i think i did not respond to very well):

Those are the major ones which i think i flopped.
Is there a better way i should have responded?

Thanks.

LOL

Frankly I think you did well.

In the real world, you think on your feet.

Don't be ashamed to politely speak your mind. (Or did they advertise for mindless zombies?)

By the way, some of those questions seem funny; what industry is the company in?
Re: How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? by versashee: 7:03am On Oct 24, 2018
alignacademy:

LOL

Frankly I think you did well.

In the real world, you think on your feet.

Don't be ashamed to politely speak your mind. (Or did they advertise for mindless zombies?)

By the way, some of those questions seem funny; what industry is the company in?

It is an oil and gas company. Although, a new company.
Re: How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2018
versashee:

It is an oil and gas company. Although, a new company.

OK

Let's hope they look beyond the Nollywood questions and see the value you are bringing

Keep your head up!
Re: How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? by futuregovernor: 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2018
Answer your last question! When last did you bleep?
Re: How Should I Have Responded To These Interview Questions? by versashee: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2018
futuregovernor:
Answer your last question! When last did you bleep?
i don't undetstand.

(1) (Reply)

AA Rescue Limited Job Recruitment {4 Positions} / Urgent Vacancy / Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.