Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

The Greatest Failure Of Abacha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Greatest Failure Of Abacha (2151 Views)

Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala / Ibrahim Coomasie, Son Of Abacha’s Police IG Shows Off Wealth (PHOTOS) / Throwback Pics Of Abacha, MKO & Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by youngmonie: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
I stil say this is why this country can never move forward (TRIBALISIM) for God sake what is the Yoruba tribe got to do with obasnajo. I f we as Nigerians that we call ourselves can live in in trust of one another what the essence of Nigeria then. Its still the same issue that caused the biafra war that is still in contention up till today TRIBALISM, im sorry but that's nt the way forward( I WOULD ONLY BLAME THE BRITISH for bringing this people of different culture together) and back to the issue of OBJ, most people just cry out fowl based on what they hear. Its nt like dey have facts to back then up, whether someone steals 30billion or 30million, its still d same corruption. People should nt even try to justify anything
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by youngmonie: 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
GenBuhari:

Obj is criminal.

We need to stop seeing things in terms of tribes.

Obj is the most responsible of all ex-leaders for the state we find ourselves today.

He is the leader that has led the country for the longest time in Nigerian history and lead us during sustained high oil prices.

He left Nigeria after 8 un-interrupted years with no elecricity.
decaying infrastructure.
out-of-control corruption.
High crime and  no security.
Falling life expectancy

Disgraceful!!
Nigeria would have been better if Obj was never released from prison.

Who released him? The other western stooge - IBB.

I am begining to realise that Abacha although very corrupt out performed Obj very well.

Obj put us back 30years
IBB put us back 30yrs
both are western stooges, we need to open our eyes. Both must cough up our billions they have looted.

Please start thinking outside the box!!! in just 8 years of civilian government in ur talking rubbish, excuse me what could you have done in 8 years just coming out of long terms military regime, Think outside the box matee
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by rethink: 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Red sun
The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill obasanjo when he had in a death hook.His death would have meant one monstrous rogue out of the way and would have saved nigeria over 30 billion dollars(rough estimate) that obasanjo and cohorts sqandered in the eight years period that he had the opportunity to loot and dismembered nigeria again.

Had he been killed by hopeless abacha,nigeria probably would have been on the way to true democracy and prospective unification

No proof no rational I think Green sun you should be killed, Show me the rough estimate in detail. Just show me any account where any money he stole is. It is very easy for me to also sit down behind my computer and concoct dreamed up stories that you Red sun is a thief.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by rethink: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
@red Sun

Quote from: Wily+Wily on July 17, 2010, 12:51 PM
The greatest failure of abacha as a creature was his failure to kill many Yorubas

I don't think this is a yoruba issue but about corrupt individuals in nigeria spearheaded by obasanjo.

You started to think for a moment but you stopped.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by rethink: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
We should be seeing our problems as a people based on concepts not basically on tribes

Oh I see concepts so where was the fact that OBJ is a thief conceptualized?

I know nigeria is dangerously diverse but with rationality,progressive reasoning and insights we can overide the differences and florish as one people.

We need to learn to differentiate between criminality and civility,between patriotism and unpatriotism,between smartness and stupidity as a people.

Sorry go back to your initial post, all you asked of is missing. If you had used the following boldened the others would have taking a cue from you.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by 1luvkipsus: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2010
Stupid & useless post.better off in d dustbin.
Re: The Greatest Failure Of Abacha by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 03, 2010
Fact remains that OBJ has lead nigeria longer than any other leader in Nigeria, 12yrs total.
After 8years of record oil prices and unprecedented goodwill, he has nothing to show, but personal bank account swollen to the tune of $40-50Bn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala: Home Gal Setting The World Economic Agenda / Breaking News: Emergency Bites In Maiduguri As Army Hits Boko Haram In Massive O / Presidency Gave N32 Billion To 16 PDP Governors – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.