Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 (14118 Views)

Manchester United Vs Partizan Belgrade :Europa League (3 - 0) - On 7th Nov 2019 / Arsenal Vs Red Star Belgrade : Europa League (0 - 0) On 2nd November 2017 / Red Star Belgrade Vs Arsenal : Europa League (0 - 1) On 19th October 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 by hucienda: 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2018
teelaw4life:

Bro, while i agree that Trent plays the RB position and crosses better than Gomez, I don't think he's got an eye for a pass the way Gomez does. Most pundits are only just noticing it now, but Gomez is actually a better ball playing defender compared to Van Dijk. Next time we play, observe Gomez and how he brings the ball out of defence before playing a pass. There are numerous instances I can cite but I'll cite the most recent one. Against huddersfield, it was Gomez who played the first pass to Shaqiri, straight from defence, splitting and taking out the huddersfield midfield, then Shaqiri laid the perfect assist for Salah to score. But it all started from Gomez playing out from the back.
But all in all...I think the back 4 of Trent, Gomez, VVD, and Robertson really complement each other. VVD loves to push up and get tight to his man, if he loses the ball (which is rare), Gomez can mop up and vice versa. On the right, when Trent is caught up far up the pitch and the opposition tries to exploit the space, Gomez uses his recovery pace to cover up. Same goes for VVD on the left flank.
I love my team.

Interesting analysis. Where is Lovren in all this?

Also, what do you think would be the final standings of the Big Six at the end of the season?
Re: Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 by amalab30(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2018
Spot on!
Plus the he guy has had his bad spell on the right of defense most especially against Man City last season. This season he's woke and taking his game by the scruff. He's a Rolls Royce type of player in the mould of VVD - only younger.

I like how Klopp utilizes these guys.

BTW, aren't you flabbergasted at the sight of the FAB one y'day?

That guy is a beast of a player.

COYR and on to the next game. YNWA

teelaw4life:

Bro, while i agree that Trent plays the RB position and crosses better than Gomez, I don't think he's got an eye for a pass the way Gomez does. Most pundits are only just noticing it now, but Gomez is actually a better ball playing defender compared to Van Dijk. Next time we play, observe Gomez and how he brings the ball out of defence before playing a pass. There are numerous instances I can cite but I'll cite the most recent one. Against huddersfield, it was Gomez who played the first pass to Shaqiri, straight from defence, splitting and taking out the huddersfield midfield, then Shaqiri laid the perfect assist for Salah to score. But it all started from Gomez playing out from the back.
But all in all...I think the back 4 of Trent, Gomez, VVD, and Robertson really complement each other. VVD loves to push up and get tight to his man, if he loses the ball (which is rare), Gomez can mop up and vice versa. On the right, when Trent is caught up far up the pitch and the opposition tries to exploit the space, Gomez uses his recovery pace to cover up. Same goes for VVD on the left flank.
I love my team.
Re: Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 by teelaw4life(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
kingkakaone:

Nice analysis bro, but I not a fan of Liverpool, just a lover of good football.
I like their games same with City, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea at the moment.

It's everyone's welcome to watch our club. You are also free to join by the way. You love good football and that's our stock-in-trade...plus no club's got a footballing family that matches ours.
Re: Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 by teelaw4life(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2018
hucienda:

Interesting analysis. Where is Lovren in all this?

Also, what do you think would be the final standings of the Big Six at the end of the season?

Bro. I'll be honest with you I stopped rating Lovren after the disaster that was Tottenham last season (he got subbed off about 30-something minutes into that match). It was of the worst CB display i've seen. Then against Man.U when Lukaku bullied the hell out of him to set up 2 goals in their 2-1 win at old trafford.
Against oppositions with less bulky and physical strikers, Lovren plays well. But if there's anything I don't like about him, it's the fact that he's too reactive as a defender. He doesn't read opposition moves well enough to take proactive steps instead, he prefers giving the opposition striker the initiative after which he reacts. It's not a very good trait when you have strikers who're smart.
He's a good defender against limited strikers but against physical strikers like Costa, Kane, Lukaku, Glen Murray of Brighton, Benteke etc...he's of no real use.

Final standing, I'll be Biased bro...If we can click into top gear and maintain our performance after the next international break straight into January, I think we'll be either up there with Chelsea and Man city. For now, I'll say Man city, Liverpool and Chelsea in that order for top reason. Reason I'm going for chelsea as third is because even though they're playing well, the reliance on hazard is so obvious. And a lot of this is down to the fact that chelsea don't have a prolific striker. An untimely injury to Hazard will derail them badly. No one in that team brings dynamism to the table like Hazard does. If they can keep hazard fit and add a striker in January, it'll be hard to stop them. Then again, their games against the other top 6 teams will determine a lot. City on top is pretty obvious. It'll take injuries to the likes of KDB, the two Silvas, and aguero for them to show any vulnerability at all. They're formidable at the moment.

4th and 5th goes to either united or Arsenal Tottenham. Tottenham might just end up 6th place if they don't get their acts together.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 by teelaw4life(m): 7:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
amalab30:
Spot on!
Plus the he guy has had his bad spell on the right of defense most especially against Man City last season. This season he's woke and taking his game by the scruff. He's a Rolls Royce type of player in the mould of VVD - only younger.

I like how Klopp utilizes these guys.

BTW, aren't you flabbergasted at the sight of the FAB one y'day?

That guy is a beast of a player.

COYR and on to the next game. YNWA

Yeah...Gomez is really good. With him and VVD and ALISSON in that backline we look save.

Fabinho was class yesterday oo...My man of the match even though Shaqiri came close.
FAB was just winning balls anyhow. Looks like we finally have that DM position sorted out. Someone said that he needs to hit the gym fast sha. I agree..
Re: Liverpool Vs Red Star Belgrade: UCL (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2018 by karkel(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
luvola:
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has urged his side to go on the front foot against Red Star
Liverpool know that nothing less than three points will do when they take on Red Star Belgrade in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Jurgen Klopp's side head into the Group C clash at Anfield sitting second in the table after two games, a point behind leaders Napoli, who they lost to last time out.
However, with the Italians now facing back-to-back fixtures against Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain - who sit level on points with Liverpool - Klopp knows his team cannot afford any slip-ups against Red Star if they wish to progress to the knockout phase of the competition.
Jurgen Klopp praises Liverpool's 'brilliant' start to the season but says there is still room for improvement after riding their luck at Huddersfield
"The first job we have is to win football games," said Klopp. "We compare always with the good games of last season, never the average ones.
"All the games we won [this season] we probably deserved to win. And when we lost to Napoli, we deserved to lose. We have to perform.
"Of course we can do a lot of things better than we did so far. But the basis we have created is pretty good, football-wise and point-wise. Now we have to build on it.
Jordan Henderson and Naby Keita will miss Liverpool's game against Red Star Belgrade with injury
Despite a 26-year absence from Europe's premier club competition, Klopp is still expecting a tough examination from the Serbian champions.
"Red Star are the team of Serbia, and made it really difficult for Napoli," said the German. "And for PSG, even if the score wouldn't make you think so."
"When we have the ball, we have to attack with all that we have."
Team news
Sadio Mane is set to return after declaring himself fully recovered from the broken thumb he sustained on international duty, while midfielder James Milner is in contention despite being substituted in Saturday's 1-0 win at Huddersfield with a tight hamstring.
Sadio Mane is set to return for Liverpool's game with Red Star
Fellow midfielders Jordan Henderson and Naby Keita have been ruled out with hamstring problems though.
Meanwhile, Red Star boss Vladan Milojevic is missing key winger Marko Marin after the former Chelsea player failed to recover from the injury that saw him miss the club's 3-1 win over Rad Beograd in the league on Saturday.
The visitors will also be without left-back Milan Rodic and midfielder Jonathan Cafu, who is on loan from Bordeaux, at Anfield.
Naby Keita - who misses Wednesday's game with injury - says he is honoured to wear the number eight shirt made famous by former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard
Opta stats
Highlights from Liverpool's 1-0 win at Huddersfield in the Premier League
Charlie's prediction
This is a nice head-to-head scenario for Liverpool.
These teams can be awkward and Liverpool have not been firing but it's still been a great start to the league. Mohamed Salah got his goal at the weekend, which is important. Daniel Sturridge got a game and Fabinho got 20 minutes, so there's competition for places there and I can't see anything other than them winning comfortably.
CHARLIE PREDICTS: 4-0 ()
Popular In the Community

https://www.skysports.com/football/liverpool-vs-c-zvezda/preview/401869
Glory Glory Man United

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Granada Vs Manchester United : Europa League - (0 - 2) On 8th April 2021 / Liverpool Vs Fulham (2 - 0) On 11th November 2018 / Burnley Vs Manchester United ( 0 -1 ) On 20th January 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.