Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Messi Wins Ballon D'or - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (14324 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2013 !!! / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Wins Ballon D'or by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2009
Lionel Messi Wins this years Ballon D' or with the highest points ever

Hail El Messias

Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by ogazi007(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2009
I am happy he finally won Ballon D'or in a spectacular way.inasmuch as would have wanted inesta to win it,i think messi has been consistent since he came to limelight.forza barca,we are the best.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by eyoniggar(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2009
Dk, Any link plz?
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by dayokanu(m): 9:49am On Dec 01, 2009
Argentina's Lionel Messi has won the prestigious Ballon d'Or, the award for Europe's player of the year voted by journalists and organised by France Football magazine.

GettyImages

Lionel Messi's Champions League win helped him to the Ballon d'Or

Messi, the talented Barcelona forward, sent last year's winner Cristiano Ronaldo into second place, making him the sixth Barcelona player to take the award but the first for four years - since Brazilian playmaker Ronaldinho.

Messi became the first Ballon D'Or winner from Argentina, eclipsing Ronaldo by a record 240-point margin. The award's 96 jurors gave Messi 473 points out of a possible 480, a near unanimous verdict, the magazine said on its website.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=706306&sec=europe&cc=5901

Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by Knight1(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2009
Expectedly.
Clearly deserves it. Especially the record margingrin
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by scantee(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2009
Congra my guy.
Up FCB
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by coolguyz(m): 10:26am On Dec 01, 2009
dayo

u ddnt do justice to the award he won oooo. beating 2nd place by the highest margin ever. more than twice the votes of the runner-up shocked. this guy at 22yrs is gonna be a legend. the real little messi. any other lil messi is ''taiwan''.

btw, wats up wt bayern?
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by akinalabi(m): 10:54am On Dec 01, 2009
He absolutely deserves it. There was no doubting the fact that he was going to win it.

He's had a fantastic year and he was miles ahead of everyone else. If we now add
Barcelona's dominance in Europe, there was only going to be one winner.

Congrats Messi.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 01, 2009
DK,
I know say na your guy wey you don dey hype ,but sha,im worth am.
No further comments other than congrats.
But DK you be PR guy o!
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by HNIC(m): 11:28am On Dec 01, 2009
LawdaaMessi!
Congrats!
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by mykali(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2009
Leonel Messi . . . . smiley
an undisputed win
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by rbn: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2009
well deserve, congrats. Somebody shout messssssssssiiiiiiiiii
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by ogazi007(m): 3:17pm On Dec 01, 2009
2009: Messi’s year, Barça’s year

Roger Bogunyà

Despite his youth, Leo Messi has been at the summit of world football for some years. Indeed, 2009 was a triumphal year both for Messi and for Barça.

6th January: Hat-trick for Messi against Atletico Madrid in the Cup (1-3).

11th January: He scores the winning goal in Pamplona (2-3).

1st February: His two goals seal a fight back against Racing. He scores Barça’s 5,000th goal.

4th March: Equalizes (1-1) against Mallorca and sends Barça through to the Cup Final.

8th April: Scores two goals against Bayern Munich (4-0) to help Barça through to the quarterfinals of the Champions League.

WEB_03.jpg2nd May: Two goals in the Santiago Bernabéu – part of the historic 2-6 defeat of Real Madrid.

13th May: The team wins the Spanish Cup with the help of a goal from Messi.

16th May: Real Madrid’s defeat in Villarreal mathematically hands the league title to FC Barcelona.

27th May: Messi scores the second goal against Manchester United and wins his second Champions League medal with Barça.

WEB_02.jpg24th June: Celebrates his 22nd birthday with an amazing collection of silverware already to his name: three leagues, one Spanish Cup and two Super Cups and a European Super Cup and a Spanish Super Cup to come in August.

23rd August: Scores to clinch the Spanish Super Cup against Athletic Bilbao (3-0).

27th August: In Monaco, Messi receives the awards for best forward and best player of the Champions League 2008-09

28th August: Gives an amazing goal assist to Pedro, who scores the winning goal in the European Super Cup (1-0).

12th September: Scores his first goal of the current season against Getafe (0-2).

18th September: Extends his contract with FC Barcelona until 2016.

19th September: A fantastic performance from Messi against Atletico Madrid (5-2) including two goals.

2009-09-22_PARTIDO_24.JPG22nd September: A perfect performance in El Sardinero, where he scores twice (1-4).

7th October: The British magazine ‘Four Four Two’ chooses him as the best player of 2009.

14th October: Messi and Argentina qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

26th October: Leo Messi receives the Spanish League awards for best player and best forward of the 2008-09 season.

10th November: Named the winner of Champions Number 1, for the best player in the Champions League, by the magazines ‘Marca’ and ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport’.

16th November: Wins the l’Onze d’Or of the French magazine ‘Onze Mondial’.

ibeg u guys should hail messi,the angel of soccer.too young for all for all he had achieved in soccer.long life messi,long life barca.we are the best.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2009
dayo

u ddnt do justice to the award he won oooo. beating 2nd place by the highest margin ever. more than twice the votes of the runner-up . this guy at 22yrs is gonna be a legend. the real little messi. any other lil messi is ''taiwan''.

btw, wats up wt bayern?

The differenc is as clear as anything Na if person pass you by small dem dey argue.

Bayern is cool and we are riding our storm but we need 5 more wins before Year end. 3 in the league and 1 in the CL and 1 in DFB Pokal

DK,
I know say na your guy wey you don dey hype ,but sha,im worth am.
No further comments other than congrats.
But DK you be PR guy o

The guy is a legend in his own way. El Messias
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2009
We all saw it coming.
He deserves it.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by edoyad(m): 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
The gap between them boyz isn't as wide as that ballot suggests. I think it was rigged.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by eyoniggar(m): 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
edoyad:

The gap between them boyz isn't as wide as that ballot suggests. I think it was rigged.

Dude ur analytically intelligent, but when it comes to disputing the fact that EL Mesiah isnt worth this crowning, then you must be talking bollocks.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by edoyad(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2009
Sharrap dia. I didn't say he didn't deserve it. But 400+ point gap ? Haba ! CR get feelings too now grin
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by coolguyz(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
. . . AND FEELINGS NO BE FOOTBALL O!

all hail the one an only messi. as DK sed, na wen person pass u small u go argue. dis one na korokoro clarity. . . the margin speaks for the nonours he has grabed this season. No Contest. All awards has been to HIM!
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by eyoniggar(m): 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2009
edoyad:

Sharrap dia. I didn't say he didn't deserve it. But 400+ point gap ? Haba ! CR get feelings too now grin

Ogbeni Edo, gbenue daake. Why use the word rig if u knew he deserves it?

your an hypocrite of your own garbage spew.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by edoyad(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2009
Ode . It was rigged so Messi can be sold for $120m to Chelsea in January.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by Sauron1: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
akinalabi:

He absolutely deserves it. There was no doubting the fact that he was going to win it.

He's had a fantastic year and he was miles ahead of everyone else. If we now add
Barcelona's dominance in Europe, there was only going to be one winner.

Congrats Messi.

U spoke ma mind. . . .

Congrats to Messi. . . . . .He was nothing short of phenomenal last season for Barcelona.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
Let him learn to be a team player all the time. It amazes me how he holds on to the ball for but too long!

All the same, he deserves it.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by Borat1: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2009
Big Secret
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by ndcide(m): 3:22am On Dec 02, 2009
i won't say much until after 6 months. if he is still as good, then hes really good

bt if he cant defend the title in 6months time. then any body could have won it. no big deal.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by ogazi007(m): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2009
Bad belle people!one year wont be enough for you to access how grate messi is if u have not noticed that he has been representing over the years.
second runner up(2007),runner up(2008),and finally the world best footballer 2009.show some respect that mercylessy messi is a genius.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by coolguyz(m): 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2009
ndcide:

i won't say much until after 6 months. if he is still as good, then hes really good

bt if he cant defend the title in 6months time. then any body could have won it. no big deal.

HABA! u need 6mnths to knw if he deserved the award ? u sure must hv forgotten this guy has been on the screen long enuf at a very young age. U-21 world cup in 2005 most valuable player. . . hw many of his colleagues then are anywhere near him? has an olympic medal to that in 2008 and was a major part of that team too. hv u as well forgotten his exploits in the champs league of 2005 before injury at kept him off the semis and finals? i'm sure del horno of chelsea would never forget the young genius (by the way he's just 22. . . meaning he was in his teen when he was shitting on MEN old enuf to be his father)
when someone deserve to be praised, lets praise him. . . . . messi would be ard for coupla of years. he's already started this season on a high and is already leading the pack for next ballon d'or awards with less than half the season gone.
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2009
Some people need 6 months to confirm a player who has been stellar for 3 years and more SMH
Re: Messi Wins Ballon D'or by ndcide(m): 3:50am On Dec 03, 2009
any body can win. even very good players dont some times win. if he is so good, then, he wold keep a good form even with the fame.
what could be more than the world best footballer.
at his age he is quite an achiever. keeping ur form for a long time after such glory, to me is what makes a player world class/best
so i maintain. after six month i'll knw what to say.

if you doubt me ,go ask zidane.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs West Ham: FA Cup (1 - 0) On 9th February 2021 / Liverpool Vs Aston Villa -(2- 0) On 5th July 2020 / Top 50 Fastest Players In The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.